The Sleeper has awaken!

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Dalar
Sojourner

The Sleeper has awaken!

Postby Dalar » Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:52 am

03/25/03 That Voodoo That You Do
- Added a new weapon proc. Have fun.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:17 am

I finished quest guys, killed the last beast of many colours just other day :) dagger been talking to me wanting lotta different blood. Glad it finially procs, all my comrades thinking i been going nuts lately talking to daggers and stuff.

ITS AWAKE

enjoy guys

Nilan
Drow Assassin

aka

Stabby
muma
Sojourner

YOU MEAN

Postby muma » Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:45 pm

it's, the sleeper has awoken! use proper english! :x
Es gibt keinen Löffel!
Miax OOC: 'Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Shevarash.'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:20 pm

For the record...

While the initial idea of running a quest to "awaken" a proc was an interesting one,we have decided that it is neither practical nor appropriate for the Code sphere to run such a quest. In fact, the quest has not been running for some time. Sorry for any confusion.

In this case I decided the best course of action was to implement the proc with no further delay, regardless of the quest. I apologize to all of you for the long delay, and hope you enjoy the proc.

Feel free to mmail me or post here on the bbs with comments/questions/bugs/etc. :)
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:41 am

Shevarash wrote:For the record...

While the initial idea of running a quest to "awaken" a proc was an interesting one,we have decided that it is neither practical nor appropriate for the Code sphere to run such a quest. In fact, the quest has not been running for some time. Sorry for any confusion.

In this case I decided the best course of action was to implement the proc with no further delay, regardless of the quest. I apologize to all of you for the long delay, and hope you enjoy the proc.

Feel free to mmail me or post here on the bbs with comments/questions/bugs/etc. :)

The mango is pleased.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:56 am

Snicker Shevy,

Irregardless, the last winged beast of many colours was slain the day before the proc went in.

Cheer Stabby!!!!

just cause you guys didnt tell the questers you wasnt doing it, some of us still did it.

It was fun and I'm proud

Nilan
aka
Stabby
Grunelda
Sojourner

Postby Grunelda » Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:52 pm

Would good'ol Stabby post the proc for those of us that prolly wont get to see it in the game?

Congrats Nilan!

Grunelda
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:01 pm

Nilan wrote:Snicker Shevy,

Irregardless, the last winged beast of many colours was slain the day before the proc went in.

Cheer Stabby!!!!

just cause you guys didnt tell the questers you wasnt doing it, some of us still did it.

It was fun and I'm proud

Nilan
aka
Stabby

Omg. Never use "Irregardless", ever again. :P
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:56 pm

Irregardless is perfectly ok. It goes like this.

Bubba a'gonna crush you head, irregardless.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:39 am

Whats wrong with irregardless...professor Arilin?

we all can't have degrees like you

Nilan
aka
Stabby
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:41 am

Irregardless is not a word. It is in it self redundant. Don't worry though, Nilan. Arilin is just mad that he walked in on me making whoopie with his mom, and he has to take it out on somebody.

The proc rules btw, will try to remember to post its wonder. One of them has grammatical errors in it, i typo'd it but not sure if you guys looked at it yet.

Physical power emanating from the tip of your an enchanted khanjari dagger
races towards you within a narrow strip of bright white light. A significant sounding
BOOM reverberates between your ears as the light settles into your skin.

this is the damage giver.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:59 pm

Nilan wrote:Whats wrong with irregardless...professor Arilin?

we all can't have degrees like you

Nilan
aka
Stabby

What Kifle said, sans the mom bit. My mom was already with his mom that night. Silly man-girl rogue.

And I do not even have a degree yet. :P No professor Arilin here!
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:49 pm

irregardless

adv : in spite of everything; without regard to drawbacks; "he carried on regardless of the difficulties" [syn: regardless, irrespective, disregardless, no matter, disregarding]

Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

Its a word.

Professor Thanukular.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:30 pm

thanuk wrote:irregardless

adv : in spite of everything; without regard to drawbacks; "he carried on regardless of the difficulties" [syn: regardless, irrespective, disregardless, no matter, disregarding]

Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

Its a word.

Professor Thanukular.

It's crap. Complete crap. Much like you, nuk!
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Auril » Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:21 pm

Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:33 pm

Well,

If i had the schooling you all did maybe id know that

but, irregardless of that i'll still use it, and continue to write like i do.

Nilan
aka
Stabby
Clan Blindhammer
Sojourner

Postby Clan Blindhammer » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:10 pm

Irregardless of what Arilin says, I will support Nilan in an irregardless attempt to irregardlessly incorporate the word irregardless into mainstream communication and vocabulary, irregardlessly irregulating the irregular irregarding of the word irregardless.

Damn it Arti, shut up!
King Artikerus Blindhammer
---------------
Kiaransalee responds to your petition with 'I have no opinion, keeps me out of trouble.'
Malar responds to your petition with 'you die more than a morigroup'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'please go away :P'
Rillifane responds to your petition with 'be the nance.... you are the nance... you are one with the nance...'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:25 am

Nilan wrote:Snicker Shevy,

Cheer Stabby!!!!

It was fun and I'm proud

I'm very glad you had fun.

Regardless, as I said above, your quest had nothing to do with the implementation, nor will the code sphere ever attempt a quest like that again.

Just so that is clear. :)
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:28 am

I was more pissed that someone hinted there was a quest already in game to unlock the proc for many months. Good to know gods don't lie!

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:51 pm

I think you misunderstand Dartan...it was a god run quest, not a hardcoded one.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:36 am

Shevarash wrote:I think you misunderstand Dartan...it was a god run quest, not a hardcoded one.

A god hinted about the quest ages ago. Nilan's quest was more recent.

Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:14 am

Onnnnce again.

It was a god run quest, always was. There has never been any hardcoded quest to activate the proc on this dagger, nor has that ever been said to the best of my knowledge.

And considering that I wrote this code myself AND took the time to post an explanation and an apology, I really don't appreciate being called a liar.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:38 am

Yup was god run quest. long time ago started , its not recent dalar
Shevey right on that
Though everyone thought i was crazy talking to daggers

Rofl

Nilan :)
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:18 pm

Shevarash wrote:Onnnnce again.

It was a god run quest, always was. There has never been any hardcoded quest to activate the proc on this dagger, nor has that ever been said to the best of my knowledge.

And considering that I wrote this code myself AND took the time to post an explanation and an apology, I really don't appreciate being called a liar.

I'm not calling Shevarash a liar. I'm calling Gargauth one.

Sarkhon
Sojourner

Postby Sarkhon » Thu Apr 03, 2003 5:40 pm

FYI, Dartan is referring to this post:

Gargamel
Staff Member - Coder
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:23 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone who had a dagger got the information on how to awaken it. When they reach a certain point, the next step starts. Nilan just happened to figure out the first step.

All the clues were given, if you missed it, shrug, maybe you'll get lucky and find it on accident :)

As for Erlan, its "in progress". I dunno about Kaz, not my deal.

-G
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:08 pm

I never got info for it. But i think dartan was refering to something even more obscure than that...Gargauth constantly said that it just needed to be awakend...the proc had already been finished and to go look around or something to that effect...that post came a while after he said these things.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”