Flee / Search

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Burpie
Sojourner

Flee / Search

Postby Burpie » Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:12 pm

Both SUCK. Crazy to be halfling, elf, gnome, or whatever race with great dex/agility and fail on top of fail when exits are north/south/east/west/up/down. Down right insane to not flee 4-5 times so often.

Search - PLEASE make it more realistic when you search an area that you chronically search. ie Bushes west of Leuthilspar. How can someone not remember where those bushes were time and time again? :cry:

And to not sound totally negative, I'm addicted to the mud :lol: So must be a good place!
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:59 pm

This falls under the classic mud debate of whether anything worth doing should take tons of time or not. There is something to be said for taking the time and effort to search out areas over and over again, even though you've done it before, but at the same time it just seems like a repetitive waste of time. I am, like in most cases, only observing, think what you will. Searching doesn't bother me so much.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:48 pm

Oh, can we also get rid of the gates in WD please? What is the point of these anyway? Just to have us waste time at the southern or northern gates?

Thanks
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:14 pm

We should just have hide for mobs taken out as it takes too much time to search them out sometimes.
We should also just remove the hidden/secret door code, because even if you have to search one time, it takes too long.

I do agree having to search twenty times for an exit sucks, but its all just a roll of the dice (seemingly large dice).
Its just part of the game though. I have a feeling this is just one of the things we are going to have to learn to live with.
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:56 pm

Flee fails too often, nuff said.

About searching, why not make it so that every search of a room object etc that fails increases the chances of finding it the next term. You'd have no difference to search for those with enough int to find things on the first shot, but you would eliminate the insane 40x searchs for low in players.

-Llan
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:56 am

I think that's actually been suggested before. Most people agreed it was a good idea. Then nothing happened to the search code and the post died. I'm willing to bet this one will too. Oh well:P
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:34 pm

Mitharx wrote:I think that's actually been suggested before. Most people agreed it was a good idea. Then nothing happened to the search code and the post died. I'm willing to bet this one will too. Oh well:P

Threads don't die, they just fail to be Moribumped.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”