Cup Crazy 2003

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.

Who will win the 2003 Stanley Cup Playoffs?

Dallas Stars (upon thars?)
5%
Edmonton Oilers (gonna burn ya!)
No votes
Ottawa Senators (Here merely as a formality)
10%
Anaheim Mighty Ducks (where kotchie played before Sojourn?)
5%
New Jersey Devils (I guess hell already froze over.)
10%
Colarado Avalanche (Patrick Roy is "The Wall")
No votes
Minisota Wild (could be worse, I think)
10%
Tampa Bay Lightning (hasn't struck yet.)
5%
Washington Capitals (have to prove there is intelligent life in DC)
5%
Vancouver Canucks (are in for a whale of a win)
10%
St. Louis Blues (won't bend over like The Arch)
10%
Philadelphia Flyers (from the city of brotherly roughing)
No votes
Toronto Maple Leafs (best team EVER.)
30%

Total votes: 20
Iaiken Toransier
Sojourner

Cup Crazy 2003

Postby Iaiken Toransier » Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:41 am

Who do you think will win the stanley cup?

I'm boosting the blue and white as always.

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:08 am

I'm saying the bruins or detroit...all the way.
·• Kuurg •·
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:33 am

Kuurg wrote:I'm saying the bruins or detroit...all the way.

Kuurg = nostradaumus?

I was really really upset at my redwings this playoff season :( they have the best team yet they got owned mightily. Secondly, I am pissed am my fav team, the penguins, since they traded away jagr first, then kasparitis/lang, then kovalev....wtf are they doing?!

I'm going for the devils this year...they are beefy. toranto are a bunch of twig bastards and will get smushed.
Clan Blindhammer
Sojourner

Postby Clan Blindhammer » Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:18 pm

Go Lakers??
King Artikerus Blindhammer
---------------
Kiaransalee responds to your petition with 'I have no opinion, keeps me out of trouble.'
Malar responds to your petition with 'you die more than a morigroup'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'please go away :P'
Rillifane responds to your petition with 'be the nance.... you are the nance... you are one with the nance...'
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:34 pm

Man...even as a Canadian who lives about one hour away from Toronto, I'll say this. The Leafs suck, always will suck, and I hope they suck for the next 40 years. They getting close to being the Red Sox of hockey...shit, they could barely win Cups when there was 6 teams!

P.S. Iaiken, I hope you aren't one of those peeps who have those fugly Leaf flags on their cars...those peeps are just sad...especially when the Leafs choke as usual, and mysteriously those flags disappear...
Meatshield
Iaiken Toransier
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken Toransier » Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:15 pm

Vahok wrote:Man...even as a Canadian who lives about one hour away from Toronto, I'll say this. The Leafs suck, always will suck, and I hope they suck for the next 40 years. They getting close to being the Red Sox of hockey...shit, they could barely win Cups when there was 6 teams!

P.S. Iaiken, I hope you aren't one of those peeps who have those fugly Leaf flags on their cars...those peeps are just sad...especially when the Leafs choke as usual, and mysteriously those flags disappear...

Three things I know that will never change about the Toronto Maple Leafs:

1. They will ALWAYS suck at defence and rely on the best goalies in the league to bail them out. That game where Belfour turned away 72 shots in regulation and three overtimes, was an awesome, if not onesided game.

2. They will always be a bunch of loud mouthed, undiceplined goons that take stupid penalties, hoping that the afformentioned goalie can bail them out. AGAIN!

3. The players that should get more ice time, will always get less, and vice versa.

That said, I don't care if they EVER win. I just love to watch a hard hitting, fast paced (NJ Devils and every other trap team can die horrible fiery deaths for all I care) hockey games where the goalie is the REAL star.

ps: If any team HAS to win the cup, it's Ottawa, just so they can keep the team.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:41 pm

Well, living in Philadelphia I have to say the Flyers will win it this year.

If nothing else, the Flyers Leafs series has been the most fun to watch BY FAR.

That 3 OT game was the best game I have seen in a long long time.

Let's go Flyers...
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:28 pm

old depok wrote:Well, living in Philadelphia I have to say the Flyers will win it this year.

If nothing else, the Flyers Leafs series has been the most fun to watch BY FAR.

That 3 OT game was the best game I have seen in a long long time.

Let's go Flyers...

Since my Pens didn't do crap this year, Jersey will definately pwn the cup. They are a bit more fierce than the flyers and the leafs are too tiny.

The best playoff game I've seen was the Pens/Flyers game about 2 or 3 years ago when they went into 5 or 7 OTs. The pens got horribly screwed in 2 games that series and should have won, then won the cup of coarse, but they retarded blind ass refs screwed them hard. Especially that game.
Screw the flyers...i hate you depok.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:55 pm

I so wish I had won that damn crown last night. I think I would have just worn it on depok just to see your reaction everytime you looked at me.

Would have created a trigger that took it off, gave it to me, and put it back on, then stuck my tongue out at you everytime you gsay anything.

Now that would have been funny! *HUGS*
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:35 pm

8) Go Vancouver.

Canucks all the way!

Eli :)

PS - This one's for you, Nate!
Someone group-says 'bleh, nothing rare loaded.
You group-say 'I loaded this boot and I'm a rare!!'
Aloura bids on Elisten.
Aloura group-says 'she's like +200 hps (vit), unlimited full heal with nice treatment, and all sorts of extra spell-ups and procs!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "damn... that was fun!"
Kossuth
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Kossuth » Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:37 pm

This poll is hereby deemed invalid. There's no "hockey sucks" option 8)

-k
Kossuth -- TorilMUD Administrator

Astine OOC: 'ask not what I do to your mom, ask what my mom will do to you'
Lirathal
Sojourner

WOOOOO

Postby Lirathal » Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:39 pm

Elisten wrote:8) Go Vancouver.

Canucks all the way!

Eli :)

PS - This one's for you, Nate!

Thanks Boo, and you're so right. Blues are SO going down!
Lirathal
Sojourner

DIE!

Postby Lirathal » Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:41 pm

Kossuth wrote:This poll is hereby deemed invalid. There's no "hockey sucks" option 8)

-k

DIE!

:twisted:
Nippewuciyole OOC: 'getting some'
Levvirrnaxxum OOC: 'omg i am sucking bad'
Nippewuciyole OOC: 'i'm a hershey's chocolate, omg i need some'

Teflor OOC: 'civility is also the intolerance of things uncivil.'
Teflor OOC: 'hey, when someone is purposefully trying to antagonize you, the only civil thing to do is to tell them to shove it'

Make it stop, Make it stop *cry*
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:22 am

Kossuth is still trying to master the dynamics of tee-ball, cut him some slack.

Oh, and to those that voted for the sickly leafs...HAHAHAHAH! Philly owned you bahahahah, omg hahahahahah. How do they say choke in french?

Jersey all the way baby!
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:11 am

Kifle wrote:Kossuth is still trying to master the dynamics of tee-ball, cut him some slack.

Oh, and to those that voted for the sickly leafs...HAHAHAHAH! Philly owned you bahahahah, omg hahahahahah. How do they say choke in french?

Jersey all the way baby!

I'm sorry Kifle, you said your two favorite teams were the Penguins (placed what, 14th?) and the Red Wings (swept by a team named the Mighty Ducks).

I don't quite see where you can gloat about the Leafs losing in game 7 after having played enough periods to effectively have played 9 games.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:16 am

redwings are all old, past their prime...I didn't think they would take the cup. They do have uber skill though. And don't even bring the pens into this :) I have no delusions that they suck and will continue to suck for years to come. Lemiux needs to sell the team. It fell apart when jagr left...since then they have traded every single one of their good players sans straka/lemiux (of coarse)/and hedburg. Trading kovalev was the nail in the coffin. I suspect the pens will fall into the same predicament as ottawa in the near future. Anyway, yes my pens suck and placed horribly this year, but I know this...the difference? You think the leafs are good :) Bahaha! what a game...

Jersey in 6!
Lirathal
Sojourner

Postby Lirathal » Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:47 am

GO CANUCKS GO! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Nippewuciyole OOC: 'getting some'

Levvirrnaxxum OOC: 'omg i am sucking bad'

Nippewuciyole OOC: 'i'm a hershey's chocolate, omg i need some'

Teflor OOC: 'civility is also the intolerance of things uncivil.'

Teflor OOC: 'hey, when someone is purposefully trying to antagonize you, the only civil thing to do is to tell them to shove it'

Make it stop, Make it stop *cry*
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:28 pm

Depok gives Kifle a hand up to the Flyers band wagon.

Wow. The Flyers dominated the Leafs. What a great series. That is what hockey is all about. It is just too bad that these two teams had to meet so early in the playoffs.

Now the concern is, how tired will the Flyers be on Friday?

I know where i will be on Friday night!

Let's go Flyers!
Iaiken Toransier
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken Toransier » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:54 pm

Kifle wrote:Anyway, yes my pens suck and placed horribly this year, but I know this...the difference? You think the leafs are good :) Bahaha! what a game...

Jersey in 6!

Difference? Did you even watch that series, with the exception of the final game the Leafs gave the Flyers a HUGE run for their money. 9+hours of icetime in the first round is a spectical and both teams fought hard, we just ran outa gas first.

Pens will prolly beat T-dot at golf, what with all the months of extra practice they've gotten these past 5 years. ;)
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:26 pm

TAMPA BAY IS GOING BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL, BABY!

PUT THAT IN YOUR CORN COB PIPE AND SMOKE IT WITH YOUR REAR :)

Oh, and hockey sucks.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:23 pm

Iaiken Toransier wrote:
Kifle wrote:Anyway, yes my pens suck and placed horribly this year, but I know this...the difference? You think the leafs are good :) Bahaha! what a game...

Jersey in 6!

Difference? Did you even watch that series, with the exception of the final game the Leafs gave the Flyers a HUGE run for their money. 9+hours of icetime in the first round is a spectical and both teams fought hard, we just ran outa gas first.

Pens will prolly beat T-dot at golf, what with all the months of extra practice they've gotten these past 5 years. ;)

Bahah, wha? past five years? Was it last year their offense was one of the best in the league? Was it also 3 or 4 years ago they gave philly, a better phily than this year i might add, a BETTER run for their money in a 7 game series that had a 5 OT game in it, not to mention 2 other OT games in the series...oh yeah, lets not forget the 2 games where 2 goals should not have been scored, thanks to really bad ref calls, giving pittsburgh 2 more won games which would have given them the series in 5? And all this happend in the SECOND round of the playoffs, rather than the FIRST when your leafs lost. Then pens sucked this year and pretty much sucked last year, but 5 years? pfft. Your team choked, then have no muscle and a lack of defense which will always loose to the dump/chase team.

And depok....i hate philly i just hate the leafs more.

Jersey in 6! It would be cool if the wild won, but Jersey in 6!
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:21 am

did the 6 people who picked the leafs really think they were going to take it all?

the west is dead to me. no avs, no sharks - I've got no one to root for out there.

anyone else watching the stars/ducks game? no love for either team, but damn...this 3rd period has been sweet.

(whisper): yay to whoever else picked brodeur to be hoisting the cup!
·• Kuurg •·
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:09 am

Hi-5 kuurg!

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”