Who was your first character on Sojourn?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Abbayarra
Sojourner

Who was your first character on Sojourn?

Postby Abbayarra » Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:14 pm

My first character on sojourn was a gnome shaman named Ybarra.
How about you?
Valke
Sojourner

Postby Valke » Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:34 pm

My first character was a Drow Rogue named Valke.
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:09 pm

Human conjurer, but I completely forget the name. I knew that having that frontal lobotomy would mess me up one day...

- Grungar "Somebody get this freakin' duck away from me" Forgefire
Vandic
Sojourner

Postby Vandic » Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:32 pm

My very first character was a human warrior named Khorad. I got him as high as level 8 before The Dream.

My first serious character (i.e., I got him above 40) was a human paladin named Kyldrin. I later re-used the name for a dwarf warrior, and after running into Kildran (aka Gormal, Nermal, Goat-boy) and deciding the names were too similar, I decided to switch out to Vandic for Soj2...

...and that's where I am today.

-V
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:41 pm

Dakrish, human paladin! I made him on both s1 and s2, but I never got him higher then level 27 :(
Aldavien
Sojourner

Postby Aldavien » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:41 pm

My first character was a gnome voker named Giladaple.
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:47 pm

Hrmm.... some elf Sorc that I rolled to play with my friend. I spent 1/2 hr trying to figure out what those red shapes were around me, then I gave up and rerolled in WD after getting frustrated because none of them responded to my requests for help :P
Tovar
Sojourner

Postby Tovar » Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:27 pm

hrmmm...first character was on Toril after soj1 became toril/duris. was a barb conjie whose name I can't recall...only got him to 26 or so. My first "serious" character was Jilok Darkwolf whom I got to 39 and was struggling for gheal when the game went *splat*
oteb
Sojourner

Postby oteb » Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:57 pm

My first character was Mor human sorcerer some 8 years ago. Then there was a wipe just after i got major para(The Spell for soloing back then). Then after a wipe i got pissed somebody took my name and left for like 8 years. I rolled Oteb just after coming back
Branthur
Sojourner

Postby Branthur » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:18 pm

First character on SojIII..Branthur.

First character? Malrath, barb warrior on Torilmud. Think I got to 35th level with him or something? Got tired of not bein able to heal myself, and rolled Branthur for the first time...

(not counting my actual first character on Torilmud, since he was a human warrior with a con of 50 that never made it past 3rd level. :roll: )
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:13 pm

Zhanphus, human anti on toril.

I remember Sangdraxus and Damnatus giving me eq, that was nice. :D
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:52 pm

Eilorn, elven ranger, just after the first pwipe. Nowadays I'm Tibor, anti, or Aliyan, elven elementalist.

Eilorn.
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.
-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:05 am

Shraddack I think his name was, human warrior (because that's what the help files recommended). I was used to... muds of a different style. I petitioned a question and mystra essentially told me to eat shit, so I wrote a big long letter on the fountain board about how much Sojourn sucked and deleted my character.

True story.

I came back a month later and rolled Ragorn, didn't petition under any circumstances, and got to level 38 before Mystra outcasted me and set my hometown to Calimsham Desert.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:12 am

A half-elven ranger that lived in Leuthilspar. I had lots of fun running from the elite guards after they assisted a kooshie dog and power word blinded me. It was my first introduction to learning how to map out mud directions in my head, so I could find the inn and rent to get rid of the blindness. I got up to the prestigious level of 6 before I became too frustrated at the loss of my bronze longsword to a commoner that kept getting assisted. I then started rolling up numerous different character types, trying to find the perfect one, settling on a Paladin, which I got to level 37 before Toril went down about 3 years later. I never played Sojourn2, and Todrael is the only character I wanted to play for Sojourn3, drow necromancer even during alpha testing, attaining level 38 through hard work before beta opened.
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ
Rew Wolfblade
Sojourner

Postby Rew Wolfblade » Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:34 am

My first character was a dwarf warrior on Toril Mud, myricmas...

got him up to around 22 lvl, was still falling on my face when i bashed...

And if aluntra (the dwarf warrior) is on in any form... mmail me leebo...

Rew
Rew
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:03 am

Shalithasen, grey elf ranger

I was a spellcasting ranger, unaware of the other skills .. had come from majormud and telearena and had no idea what to expect ...
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:07 am

My first was an assassin named Azatha or something. Only got to level 6 or so. Then went anti-paladin whose name I forget. Played an anti until bloodstone came in at like level 22 or so. Got sick of dying to insane/watcher combo so rolled up a troll shaman named Wharog which is when I finally figured stuff out.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:40 am

My 1st char was Ssarathan a grey elf ranger, about 9 years ago.
At level 11 he got lost in the faerie forest, so in frustration was abandoned for a human druid.
BEER
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:02 am

Oddly enough, my first character on Sojourn was... Sylvos the half-elf ranger.

Who, upon creation so bloody long ago, read the whole disclaimer, saw that it was a Roleplay mud and proceeded to argue for 5 minutes with the ranger guild shopkeeper for being a racist bastard and not serving half-breeds.

I've strayed over the years, dabbled in many and varied but ultimately, Sylvos is still me :)
Fura
Sojourner

Postby Fura » Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:04 am

Tatya, grey elf ranger.

I'd wanted her to be beautiful and dangerous, but she was a bit of a wuss. I rerolled her, asking Arigon to hold her things, and she wasn't so bad after that.

Talk about a lifetime ago...
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:11 am

Wow, hard to think back that far.. but my first character was a monk. Athorn when you could still quivering palm 1xper 3rd round (bring back monks!) After he hit 50 i rolled a druid Lyena. she hit 47 before i took a six year break, came back on soj3 and rolled Tiiani 34 ranger (omg rangers suck. Cept for weywey cuz hes supah ranger) and rolled Dala so that i could get zoning asap!. After Dala it was Malia then Lyena, then Pava and now Elasa... the journey never ends!
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:29 am

My first characters back in 1994 were Mumra (low level Sorc), Kimchi, and Zoldak a monk that used until I rolled Keran (dwarf warrior) and Toarn (shaman).

Toarn
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:18 pm

My first char was Snurgt, a gnome Sorcerer! Unfortunately my con sucked and I had 40ish hps at level 16 and kept dying and losing even more hps. Eventually I rerolled :(
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:28 pm

8)

My first character was an elven sorcerer. I figured out how to light my torch and tried to scribe my spells, but I needed both hands to hold the quill and the book, which meant I had to stop using the torch and the room with the guildmaster was always dark... After quitting the elf, I made a barbarian warrior named Drato.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:21 pm

Morianthis, grey elf ranger, got him to level 50 before i made Nilan -human assassin then. Been Nilan ever since.

Nilan
Iaiken Toransier
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken Toransier » Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:09 pm

My first character was a human paladin named Iaiken (on soj2 where paladins REALLY sucked and used thier horses as tanks) I got him upto level 41, found out that an average statspread of 74 in my primary stats was abhorant, I rerolled for MUCH better but only got to level 33 when the mud went down... *wipes away a single tear*

I used to help nilan work his alignment towards good and have LONG moral debates, man that boy can spout debaucheries, but it was fun.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:02 am

Shhh Iaiken, ya dang paladin zealot. dont tell em that. Gonna ruin my reputation *wink*

Nilan :)
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:27 am

First char was a human paladin called Pariana.
Although my first serious char was a ranger called Ranila...
First char that actually went places was a barb warrior called Wargo.

Yssilk
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:29 am

Xisi.. wasn't sang's duergar conj garzirgirar? :D

Um.. first char.. troll shamaness.. can't remember name (this is gonna drive me nuts forever). Got bored being in ghore alone all the time and waiting for Belarn, Grungar, Bafu, or Zira to come home and pay visits, so rolled a grey elf (yeah that was a big change there :P:P:P:P) named Synafae. Played both off and on for a bit.

I remember when Nangar, the Twilight wielding ogre, had 50+ damroll and that blew everyone's minds! :D

Toril I was antipaladin named Natashia. I had a BLAST RP'n with her - she was totally based on Callisto from the Xena show, I even had all kinds of wavs going off with her voice. Mmmmmm She's still my idol! I pretty much just hanged out with a RL friend doing BGR and RP'n most the time He played a necro, can't remember the name tho. I still remember getting into an RP debate with another Anti about how I could love Loviatar for all the joy and happiness she brought me. hehehehe I'm pretty sure she's what got me hooked on evil RP. :D

Soj2? I honestly can't remember any char names I played. Guess cuz I didn't play it all that much, and well.. rolled everything under the sun and just couldn't find a nitch I liked. Guess I just wanted to be a drow. Left before Dk ever went in. Heard a rumor drow were in, came back no mud. :cry:

Soj3? Heard it was coming back, and they had drow again! Figured I'd be a lone most the time as usual and necro's always rule for that + the RP of being a lich excited me. So first day rolled Llaaldara drow necro. Badda bing bling bling.

As for the rumor...
No I'm not now nor have I ever been Mystra :!:

-Sesexe
Zagaz
Sojourner

Postby Zagaz » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:01 am

My first character was Zagaz, in the current incarnation of the mud. Although he was first a drow warrior, I liked it, but then saw clerics in action, and I play them alot in my rp group, so I deleted and rerolled as a cleric.

After a long break, I am back, was 39th for well over 8 months, almost got 41st...so excited.

So who wants to help me get plane shift?
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.
Skror
Sojourner

First character

Postby Skror » Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:15 pm

My first serious character was Skror a troll warrior whom I got to level 47? I believe way back on Sojourn1 when monks were still in. Was in a little guild called The Blood Horde. Crimson Sigil was another guild that was active during that time period. Ah the good ol days. I've just started to play again and have an ogre warrior named Grronk.
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:01 pm

First char was Silverast Rubicyn, Grey Elf sorc :) Got him to 47 on Toril after playing a few years, then got him to 49 on Soj2 as an invoker. On soj3 I retired the name and made my first char Saerian. Then I ditched the useful char for a bard... Long live bards!

-Talsor :shock:
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:41 pm

First char was Sarvis, somone took me to podville and leveled me to like 6 in a couple hours. Then I came back the next day to find my character didn't exist! Apparently something bad had happened and a lot of high level chars had gotten screwed, so they restored everyone's pfiles from an old copy which didn't include mine. :(

The really bad part was that I wanted to just get on and ask what had happened, so I rolled up the char with the same name and just took the first stat roll, so his stats sucked! Cyric wouldn't let me delete the char either so I could reroll him after I found out what happened...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:17 am

:wink:

Mori was my 3rd or 4th :D
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Iaiken Toransier
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken Toransier » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:57 am

moritheil wrote::wink:

Mori was my 3rd or 4th :D

Yeah, the others simply didn't hold up to his rigorous testing proceedures.

Funny thing about Mori, the more he dies, the more fearless he is about the next death and for that... we salute you.
Zathep Barra'Chath
Sojourner

Postby Zathep Barra'Chath » Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:33 am

Mt very first character ever on Soj3 Was like 3or 4 years ago, named Kakip. He was a Dorf warrior and got to the mighty level of 21. He spent most of his time in bar drinking though.
Then i had an elf ranger. and a elementalist, and a paladork!
Finally after leaving and never having a HIgh character i rolled Golnol. and he was my first REAL character.
Azerost (H) NHC: 'I cut my unit trimming yesterday, I hope I didn't get herpies'

Totogimup says 'ok i'm gonna stay out of it, arguing on the mud is like winning the special olympics..even though you win you still a retard'
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:07 pm

Nephthys, lv 24 grey elf ranger...a character nobody will remember
Tida
Sojourner

Postby Tida » Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:50 pm

Teaya human sorceress never got over lvl 25
Arafen
Sojourner

Postby Arafen » Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:48 am

My first REAL character was Arafen Glacieren .. though i only got him to level 26, I did spend most of my time just making friends :lol:

Arafen/Bopilible/Debok/Detok
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:16 am

My first character was a bard named Cisa.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:50 pm

Hyldryn on soj1
jono
Sojourner

Postby jono » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:59 am

hrmm in soj1 my first character was jono barbarian berserker got him to 30 then got deleted by mystra.

after a while i create my first >40 character he was gehadron level 45 monk :)

didnt play soj2

but then here i was elet drow cleric now
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:08 pm

Solaris, a gnome sorcerer. When it was still hosted on an edu server and nobody cared what you named your character (even if it was after an OS!!)
·• Kuurg •·
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:07 am

Brellan, half-elf druid on toril.

only started so i could have some way of speaking to my then fiancee who got hooked onto this game by a mutual friend named tellaerin. her name was shelaria. she had another, more popular char later.
Dalyx
Sojourner

Postby Dalyx » Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:10 pm

My first char was a human cleric called Kotar about 7 or 8 years ago. His stats were pretty horrible and after he died and lost level 30 for the tenth time, i decided to find a new path. Was also getting tired of being called Kotex. :lol:
Cruk
Sojourner

Postby Cruk » Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:01 am

Mine was a elf range called Salsheiror. Took me 6 months on telnet to get him level 25 on Toril(was stuck on the island for 5 months!) before the mud went down. I remember always getting stuck in the no exit pit and Narisse getting me out(bless her).

:lol:
Cruk
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:54 pm

too many memories, teyaha ....

I remember loggin Shalia on and everyone thinking that Shelaria was me ...

and what the he** ever happened to Tellaerin .. he was one of our best friends!!!!

Silver .. I will always ask you if you have heard from Randy *sigh*
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:41 pm

My first char was a barb shaman named Raskan, in August 1995. He was the first shaman to ever hit 40th, and believe me it sucked..worst class ever! It's amazing to see how far they've come. He was in Legion of Chaos, along with Serro and a few other folks. I was finally done with dying and losing all my eq, even though steel dog collars didn't amount to much.

So I rolled Gaban, my first troll warrior, who lived a fruitful life of about 6 months, with the help of Serro eqing him somewhat and then Dark Alliance coming about. I never managed to get him past 26th, I couldn't seem to stop dying...*stare*. Having a dexterity of 29 didn't help much either. :P

So then I rolled Targsk, who most of you know still to this day.

Eventually I got tired of dying again (never could get him to 50th, managed to hit 48.9 at one point), and decided to take up another class to play whenever there was an overabundance of warriors. That was where Yasden came about, circa early 1997.

And now, here I am today...still dying. I probably hold the record for most deaths throughout a mudding career by a long shot!

Deathmagnet
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:47 am

Gandurzalin...a duergar cleric..got him to 20th and said fork that....then rolled Ronganteon a duergar warrior...got him to 40th...got both the chars deleted for multi and then rolled Gura
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:53 am

dunno. after shelaria broke off our engagement on the mud (most fucked up moment in my life i tell ya) i no longer cared about that particular circle of friends.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”