Top 5 Features You'd Like To See (Part II)

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Shuanerst
Sojourner

Postby Shuanerst » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:19 pm

Here's the list of things from my idea file. Some are minor, some major.

1) pets should wait until they're attacking a shielded mob to put globe up.

Same goes with any other spell the autocast. also why don't undead pets cast protect undead when tanking?. undead pets should auto mage flame if !light and ordered to cast something on a target they can't see (see 8d also)

2) namemob

http://www.sojourn3.org/phpBB2/viewtopi ... ht=#104293

3) lower circle spells in higher level slots

why not? if it is unbalancing, maybe the spells are too powerful for the lower slots (or the higher spells are underpowered. if clerics would choose to mem all full heals instead of anything else in 8th circle (and they regularly would) what does that say about full heal vs 8th circle? it says full heal is a better spell yet a lower circle... sounds like a balance issue (upgrade the choices at 8th circle? or downgrade those at 7th? which is the right pick is beyond my expertise))

4) moves should not be lost if dragging is unsuccessful (no exit, fly problems, etc)

5) inn receptionists should be lit (DK is not)

6) spell mem times set by when you mem/pray them, not when you schedule them

7) idea, bug, typo feedback

maybe an mmail with one of a couple generic strings? at least let us know that we were heard and evaluated. bonus: auto posting to the bbs?

8a) tog follow without killing pets
8b) tog follow on an individual basis
8c) tog follow for !group
8d) a way to dispel buffs (mage flame particularly) on pets without dispelling the pets.

9) autopressing of big tasty corpses (super high level mobs the first time they are killed and rares) into boot landmarks

ie kill chlora, the corpse lasts forever (until boot at least)

10) sorted trophy (exp %)

11) snakes !mount skill or have special snake saddles that when in iinventory can use skill.

12) fly past obstructions when in a loc without height restrictions

13) cursed items put'able into cursed bags (and nodrop into nodrop)

If the flag doesn't autopropagate (hard to track when the bag goes !curse when items come out likely), at least allow it to work when they both have the flag.

14) cursed items/bags give'able on consent (same with nodrop)

15) full name reference for items

"get 'snakeskin backpack' bag" as disambiguation can be painful. should get the first item for which all listed keywords will work. ("get 'snakeskin bp' bag" would produce the same result as the item I am thinking of has bp as a keyword)

16) mem schedule while standing

mem magic missile should put it on the spells to be memorized list regardless of position. just can't memorize until you are properly positioned (work like prioritize)

17) prioritize should not break meditate

18) aggressive should be part of toggle.

tog aggr 100 not aggr 100, and should show on the tog screen
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:34 pm

A use for kick :)

As it is, kick does no damage.

If you can headbutt, then that beats kick.

If you can't headbutt, then hitall beats it.

So how about having kick have a fair chance to offbalance an opponent and dramatically reduce (if not null) their chance to parry and dodge.

You kick hits a nasty bandit in the solar plexus.
Stumbling backwards the nasty bandit seems off balance!

Combat round or two later.

The nasty bandit seems to have regained his composure.

A nasty bandit kicks you and you see the normal kick message whatever it is.
Stumbling backards you struggle to keep yourself upright at the same time as defending yourself.

The effects of this would be...

Tanks are a little more succeptable to damage, both mobs and players.
Melee damage would increase, but not by a huge amount.
Kick would be an option for melee classes, depending on the situation.
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:21 am

Kick has lots of uses and if you get the skill up into the 90s, it gets you a fair number of critical kicks, which do ok extra damage.

The rate of critical kicks would be nice if it was increased with skill level some more though.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:06 pm

Oh thought of another one...

Remove all locked gates to cities. They suck and serve 0 purpose other than a time waste.
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:18 pm

1. make doppleganger worth casting

2. adjust mob/pet AI
A. when ordering 'followers', if they're casting something it'll say that the pet will follow your order as soon as it can... it doesn't.
B. move switching off of pets down the priority list (yea, this probably won't happen)
C. stop casting blackmantle when there aren't any clerics in the group (mostly for pet AI)
D. remove minor globe from mid/high lvl mob spell up lists, it really doesn't do much of anything
E. remove some useless prots from spellup lists ie prot animals, prot undead

3. make doppleganger worth casting
Lirela
Sojourner

Postby Lirela » Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:09 am

I'd like to be able to rename a group without disbanding.

That's about it, for now :)
Lirela Cry'salia (* Oracle of the Moon
"Anywhere the full moon shines is the place for Selune."
Burpie
Sojourner

Postby Burpie » Sat Aug 02, 2003 2:38 am

1. Shopkeepers are always at the counter telling you they're closed. Keep them open 24/7.

2. Please do something about search lag. Also, my opinion is a rogue and maybe bard too should have a huge bonus to searching since their professions are that of attention to detail.

3. Maybe flag zones that are nasty, like Seelie as 'auto-rent' when someone loses link and can't return to the zone. As it is now, they're screwed if lost link. Maybe have timer close to that of 'camp' (after voiding) where when they're %% they can just end up at the inn. (I'm talking about timing out where they void, not just after cutting link they get the camp timer).

4. Do something about HUGE mobs, like Leuthilspar elites, that are scavengers. Basically if you fumble or drop something, a cop wouldn't claim it :P This would only be applicable to hometown mobs maybe, unless a particular mob is just that much of a bunghole, or it fits its nature.

5. Turn hometown guards 'indifferent' where, for example, some stupid puny mob that pops in town, just happens to be agg, and starts attacking you. Guards joining in is wrong. They should 'assess the situation' as long as you didn't initiate fighting (townfolk).

6. Maybe have a command that is similar to transferring funds or credit card. Having a puny halfling, it's all he can do to carry his head high, let alone carrying loot to buy stuff. It'd be neat when you're in the room of a shopkeeper to have a command same as storage access, except it's bank access. You access, withdraw funds needed, close access, and no walking with backbreaking loot :D

7. Instant spells, such as power word stun, should be treated more like procs, where the are immediate. WAY too often I start to pwb, pwk, or whatever other spell there is, and the mob I'm saying a single word to recognizes it as hostile, turns towards me, bashes me and I quit saying it. Just doesn't make sense. How can you 'start casting' the word 'kill'. for example?

8. Please make bard exp like rogue exp :P I thought they were supposed to level the same in Forgotten Realms? Bardly exp is seemingly same as enchanter's.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:31 pm

11)make it so that ice spear does more damage.by the time an ele gets ice spear they have 2 earth darts per cast 2 earth darts does more damage than ice spear(i checked multiple times) higher sepell circle = more powerful spell right? it shoudl okthanxbubye

will add more as i come up with it
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:14 pm

someone said something about carrying a lot of plat around. How about bank promissary notes.
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:16 am

1. E

2. R

3. L

4. A

5. N
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:45 am

ok..on a slightly more serious note..

1. i'd like the enchanter spell spheres rearranged so i actually cast something other than di and haste below 5th.. perhaps some sort of get together to look at new spell ideas for the class...its great seeing other classes get amazing and spiffy quest spells and then group scaling and mindblanking yourself into constipation...

2. menzo ? is this a swearword now ? we've had evils leaving for homeland or complaining about no one around etc..i wonder if putting in the evil 'atlantis' might change that..

3. trading... there were some great ideas concerning the reintroduction of this some time ago...not quite sure which pub they went to..

4. did i mention ERLANS b4 ?

5. the rares system in GC looked at...maybe possible to quest the high end mobs to make them pop... like strife etc..

bring it :)

loshe / tai
Bipple
Sojourner

Postby Bipple » Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:06 pm

Eilistraee wrote:Just a note: The quest sphere has tried to RP and interact with zoning players. We were told off and complained about quite fiercely. Thus, we avoid it now.

I believe this was more due to how and where this was done as opposed to the fact the quest sphere was trying to interact. An example would be when we were trying to do bronze citadel and some quest god decided hey lets load a ton of low level orcs on Avernus grid without warning....yeah thats always fun.
Nekelet
Sojourner

Postby Nekelet » Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:05 pm

1: Tog AI.
Option to turn pet AI off. (!assist master, !spellups, no offensive skills/spells, nothing unless ordered)

2: Tog noncombatant
When togged on, will not attempt to fight, even if tanking.

3: allow effect spells to be renewed, without waiting til they fall.

4: bank and trade board at TP. (j/k)
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:08 pm

More mobs with equipment disintegrating procs like that stupid rust monster in UM2.

Seriously.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:42 pm

Bipple wrote:I believe this was more due to how and where this was done as opposed to the fact the quest sphere was trying to interact. An example would be when we were trying to do bronze citadel and some quest god decided hey lets load a ton of low level orcs on Avernus grid without warning....yeah thats always fun.

Yeah that was awesome. I bet Malia was real glad I rescued her from that level 5 orc while she was tanking the liches, they can be so distracting. Good times, good times.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:37 pm

can you guys put an inn outside of tp so i can swap my lich gear with my bard? thx
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Kurtok
Sojourner

Postby Kurtok » Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:43 am

Something that might be neat: how about creation dates on the zones in credits. A best guess would be fine, or something like pre 2000, pre 1998, etc.
Burpie
Sojourner

Postby Burpie » Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:26 am

I forgot in the other post that...

Search totally sucks as it is. Fail too often, lags too much.
Failing 10th circle, in my opinion, while 50.98% is not logical. I think it fair that one could quest to make 10th circles !fail once they hit 50.98.
Relo fail seems excessive. I'm hoping that's not normal. The lag afterward just sucks too!
When you try to dim to someone who's not in a zone you are lagged excessively as well. Really annoying :P

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:12 am

Feature #2 from long list selected and completed.
And I think you all will really like it. At least I hope you do anyway.

Personally I like original ideas (features), most the things I see here are bug fixes.
Or eliminate this thing that we don't like.

While them are definately things we consider and fix as time goes by, it's the really neat ideas that are fun to code. And well fun is we're paid.

Hrmm what next to code...
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:36 am

Azuth wrote:Feature #2 from long list selected and completed.
And I think you all will really like it. At least I hope you do anyway.

Personally I like original ideas (features), most the things I see here are bug fixes.
Or eliminate this thing that we don't like.

While them are definately things we consider and fix as time goes by, it's the really neat ideas that are fun to code. And well fun is we're paid.

well to some of us things need to be fixed before we think of anything new. another thing would be innates. i don't care what any coder says, barbarians statisically get roared out and para'd more than anybody i've ever seen no matter what their saves are.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
oteb
Sojourner

Postby oteb » Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:45 am

Azuth wrote:

darkness proc for greater demons/devils... :twisted:
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:38 am

(Casting) flag for someone who's casting a spell that you can see by looking in the room?
Skinker
Sojourner

Postby Skinker » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:47 pm

Halflings should be able to ride Ogres. The fact that this doesn't exist in the game really makes me question the dedication of our coders.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:18 pm

Silverast Rubicyn wrote:(Casting) flag for someone who's casting a spell that you can see by looking in the room?

PLEASE ADD THIS. if i can see a mob sitting on the ground I'm pretty sure I can see him waving his arms around.

oteb
Sojourner

Postby oteb » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:39 pm

Dalar wrote:
Silverast Rubicyn wrote:(Casting) flag for someone who's casting a spell that you can see by looking in the room?

PLEASE ADD THIS. if i can see a mob sitting on the ground I'm pretty sure I can see him waving his arms around.

pls pls add this so we can do spell runs with almost 0 risk /end sarcasm

I dont understand why you ask for it.We all know how horribly this could be twinked
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:07 pm

Skinker wrote:Halflings should be able to ride Ogres. The fact that this doesn't exist in the game really makes me question the dedication of our coders.

No!!
lorohten
Sojourner

Postby lorohten » Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:15 pm

Would be great if it was attached to players only so u know when everyone has completed their durn spells and u can move along!
Deltin
Sojourner

Postby Deltin » Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:22 pm

lorohten wrote:Would be great if it was attached to players only so u know when everyone has completed their durn spells and u can move along!

totally agree
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:16 am

oteb wrote:
Dalar wrote:

pls pls add this so we can do spell runs with almost 0 risk /end sarcasm

I dont understand why you ask for it.We all know how horribly this could be twinked

shrug, we have this on homelands and nobody ever twinked it. it's just the same as having someone in the room with a mob is casting trig.

Waelos
Sojourner

Idea!

Postby Waelos » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:28 am

Hey .. . I don't know if this was brought up before (didn't read the whole thread) but I think it would be great if something could be coded where you could give cursed items to other players (like if you had consent). Would make undressing for SpOB much less risky (HATE seeing valhalla on the ground, ya know!) =)

Lost
Rihesesassixiz
Sojourner

Postby Rihesesassixiz » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:38 pm

Fix all the Psionicist bugs 8)
Gyrx
Sojourner

Re: Idea!

Postby Gyrx » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:48 pm

Waelos wrote:Hey .. . I don't know if this was brought up before (didn't read the whole thread) but I think it would be great if something could be coded where you could give cursed items to other players (like if you had consent). Would make undressing for SpOB much less risky (HATE seeing valhalla on the ground, ya know!) =)

Lost

Oy, agreed!
Shuanerst
Sojourner

Postby Shuanerst » Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:24 pm

Shuanerst wrote:13) cursed items put'able into cursed bags (and nodrop into nodrop)

If the flag doesn't autopropagate (hard to track when the bag goes !curse when items come out likely), at least allow it to work when they both have the flag.

14) cursed items/bags give'able on consent (same with nodrop)

bump. I like it too. and doh! nodrop and cursed are (roughly) the same thing.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:37 pm

Few things i would like to see:

1) When a skill is maxed, an asterisk or something after the number in parenthesis at the end indicating that you've achieved all you can in that skill.

2) mounts actually worth a lick. resistances, better mobility(fly at higher levels?), and better move regeneration. (this would probbably reduce the number of mounts always clogging up the inns and whatnot, because they might get some respect!)

3) some form of shaman pshift or somethin, i'm tired of listening to all the bitching. ditto for necros.

4) not even gunna comment on the eq situation until i see what happens with new changes. given the track record of "fixes" here, either they're going to be uber powerful, or uber shitty. seems to be the trend. (for more info on this, look at the history of the ranger, up, down, up, down, up, down, etc)

5) i would like to see plat values of items and whatnot standardized. if nobody is willing to purchase an item from you, (can't sell it on the board or whatever) or if the item is just too low to bother with, you can still sell it to a shop for a decent amount of cash, and some newbie can purchase it. right now the shops aren't being the middle man very often, and if i were a shopkeeper, that'd piss me off! this would also provide a means for newbies to get some decent gear, as this was a concern of a player that posted above somewhere....

Thats my 5. i've got plenty of others, but unlike those that wrote books, i'm adhering to the *5* top items i'd like to see =P *taunt*

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:57 pm

Delmair Aamoren wrote:5) i would like to see plat values of items and whatnot standardized. if nobody is willing to purchase an item from you, (can't sell it on the board or whatever) or if the item is just too low to bother with, you can still sell it to a shop for a decent amount of cash, and some newbie can purchase it. right now the shops aren't being the middle man very often, and if i were a shopkeeper, that'd piss me off! this would also provide a means for newbies to get some decent gear, as this was a concern of a player that posted above somewhere....

Cool stuff coming for this...be patient 8)
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:23 am

A big nasty orc stands here.
A big nasty orc stands here.

You send an orc sprawling with a powerful bash.
Jhorr sends an orc sprawling with a powerful bash.

etc etc

An orc is stunned!

etc

An orc clambers to his feet.

Which orc stood up?

Only way to find out is to look at the room and see.

Would it be possible to either...

Show position of the mob you are tanking on the combat status line.
OR, show position in a glance.

Glance is preferable.

A black snake is in an excellent condition.
It is kneeling, with a stunned expression on it's face.

(Showing the mob as stunned would be nice too!)

Not a lot of coding, methinks, and certainly possible!
Burpie
Sojourner

Postby Burpie » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:06 pm

I almost forgot!

Please PLEASE do something about flee. When halflings get PANIC PANIC PANIC messages spammed while there are 5 or 6 exits in one room, in DS or any large zone with lots of exits, is just nuts. I'd like to see flee based on similar methods where you can open a door while in combat. let there be a dex/agility check maybe? If that is the case now, the check is in need of fixing.

Togpet could be fixed just a bit where you can tog 1.pet, 2.pet, etc.

As for the (casting) flag. Simple. Have it for players only. I think it's a great idea. I don't think it'd be good for mobs to get it, but for players casting well, or whatever, it'd be nice to know why they didn't reply if you hug them or whatnot.
Kurtok
Sojourner

Postby Kurtok » Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:02 am

Kurtok
Sojourner

Postby Kurtok » Sat Aug 23, 2003 2:50 am

Fixing mobs that wouldn't normally assist, i.e troll guards assisting a human paladin and killing you. I hear the elf guards in Evermeet do this same thing just with orcs mobs and such.

How about making Neverwinter City. Mabye a replacement for the loss of Hulburg.

And don't forget to finish up Menzoberazzan.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:57 am

1. Some way to tell the timer on a pcorpse, through examine or a special command like rot 2.mynazzaraxxsyn.

2. Along the lines of what delmair wrote about shop keepers buying thing, possibilty of shopkeepers having a cache of sorts so the items they have last over a boot/crash and possibly the price goes down a little the longer they have it. And to keep the list from getting too long after say a RL week maybe less or more depending have them remove it from their list.

3. Make newbie equipment a little better. Make mobs in newbie area not hit so freaking hard. As a level 1 psi I would have to make 3-7 runs on 1 level 2 mob and quite often died to level 1 mobs. Also work on exp tables pre-15 to help get people interested and stay interested in the game.

4. Take out the messages in help evil_race_x that they're so hard. The reason they're so hard is because so many new players get scared away by that.

5. Move combat mind or dominate around. Combat mind at level 1 is useless becase psis can't use it for another 22 levels. Possibility of making it work on players but have a better effect on our dominated slaves?

6. Change the level restriction on dominate, i think now its a mob aprox 1/2 psi level, I don't think I would be too overpowering to give psi's a mob to tank for them that is 3/4ths their level.

7. As Ice mentioned in another post, a slot for psi's charge crystals that wouldn't give any bonus but kept the crystal from losing charge when put all bag is used. How about some new crystals too? So far I've only seen two, one from Ixarkon (200psp) and one from oak i think (250 psp).

8. A more noticable effect from +max_stats.

9. Longer duration from buff spells and the ability to refresh them without having to dispell.

10. Max psi reduce/enlarge more on line with enchanter's and the ability to turn the effects off.

11. Make stone skin from flesharmor more reliable or adjust it so when stone from it wears off you can attempt to put flesharmor back up. Adrenalize to add hps and not just con and hit/dam or keep the hit/dam and give psi's rogue thac0 as per ad&d psi rules.

12. Add a pet shop to DK, we have a stable but no place to buy a pet from!
Mirsas
Sojourner

Postby Mirsas » Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:45 pm

1) Pets in DK for sure... Lizards!

2) make it so ACC is not !hide

3) a countdown timer for Menzo... it's ok if it counts up though :D

4) some kind of rappelling technique, like if you have a rope and you're going down into a no ground room or two, you can attach the rope to something and slide down it. Vice versa with grappling hook? I would enjoy this a lot.

all I got right now. Good work, gods.
Mirsas, Commander of all things Underhanded
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:14 pm

There's rappelling in the game already!
Mirsas
Sojourner

Doh

Postby Mirsas » Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:15 pm

heh. Good job, then! I always levitate, just trying to think of the poor halflings. :P anyway. Can you rappel over city walls? that would be cool. I can't really think of any reason you would need to, but maybe there's something justice-related. Keep up the good work, guys.
Mirsas, Commander of all things Underhanded
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:01 am

eq changes this month

Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:56 pm

1. Mount revamps. Horses die very quickly, they dont have many movement points, hit points are negligible because their resistences are so low. Also, when you mount a horse, you are standing. Wouldn't it make sense to sit in the saddle? ie: Mount, Sit. Maybe make a little benefit to riding a horse, med while moving etc. Saddles as an item for horses that isn't lost at crash or reboot? (ie: bound to whoever puts it on using like a "saddle" command. (saddle warhorse)) Maybe even eventually add in bridles, saddlebags, wagons, etc.? Quests for mounts could be cool too. Pallys start with a magnifacent white heavy warhorse. Why not start with an old paint, and have a progression?.. old nag, old paint, light riding horse, warhorse, heavy warhorse, griffon, silver dragon.. (would be cool to see something like the latter to as a quest.. nothing awesome as far as combat.. but give fly and have superior survivability)

2. Items in stores. Please implement some way to save the items that are in the stores periodically so that in the event of a crash upon reboot the same items will be for sale. It's nice as a high level person to be able to sell decent items to the shops (for VERY poor return) just so that someone lower level or newb might have the chance to spend their hard saved money on something better than "a leather shield" The auction thing is cool, but I'd also like to see the stores keep their stock as well.

3. Colored emotes. Possibly for the 50 quest titles. Something along the lines of "Ensis stands here, leaning on his rickety crooked crutch" with colors, kinda like how a mob would say "An elven ranger stands here fingering his bow" Something that can be changed like guildtitles can. Lvl 50 story titles work pretty hard to get titles, write a story, etc.. their characters are in the spirit of roleplay, i don't think there'd be a lot of "Kalthanan stands here, making balloon animals" etc.

4. Rogue thrown weapons, and possibly archery for everyone. Anyone should be able to pick up a bow, if it is to be the rangers niche, then just make archery far lesser than those others that can do it. As far as it making rangers useless, a warrior with archery to a ranger with archery would be like a druid healing to a cleric healing.

5. More options in combat/more Mob AI. Called shots for players could be fun. ie: Called shot to the head could cause blindness, stun, maybe SLIM chance of decapitation, bleeding, or a damage bonus. Called shot to the leg could reduce movement, prevent fleeing, prevent standing, sever a leg, etc. Called shot to the arm could reduce amount of attacks per round, possibly sever an arm (disarm), etc. Called shot to the body i think would be pretty much the same thing as a normal attack, maybe the possibility of extra damage to vital organs. MOB AI: I'd like to see mobs bashing/kicking/headbutting/archering/tripping/backstabbing/applying poison/disarming/etc. Every skill/spell in our arsenal (except Inferno, one of the imm's said that does damage in the thousands and would not be advisable for use in morts :P)

E
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:23 am

13. Would be nice if you're in a room say ET and you have to 'rub sphere' to move that you'd not have to put your psp crystal in bag because rub 2.sphere doesn't work... give these 'touch' items like 2-3 key words. Or just make the main key word so obscure that there is 0 items with the same key word.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Ulnd/Folrath
Sojourner

Postby Ulnd/Folrath » Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:30 am

1. Illusionist blind spell...beg

2. New 10th circle cleric spell

3. Make exp at places like tower, hp, bg,wd elites, and what not good again so we all don't gotta hang around ds and ship.

4. Guildhalls that we can set our home too

5. More naked zones!

Thanks for asking Shev :)
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:29 pm

Thanks for the ideas, keep em coming.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:38 pm

1. perm-haste items brought back - Make them rare and actually hard to get this time around (no kuo-toa cloaks to ruin it). They were pulled to balance melee, but i think melee is "balanced" enough these days, dont you? Put them in places like BC and tiamat; make them as rare as nosummon eq.

2. Backlash - a skill for warrior types, usable only for 2hand weapon. Basically if you land both of your attacks with a 2hand weapon, you should get a chance at a third attack, like a backswing type of attack since a 2hand sword uses big sweeping slashes, it would be like a reverse direction attack. Only check for it if you landed both of your first 2 attacks, and only get the skill at like 45th level or so. Give warriors something other than headbutt to gain at highlevels, and give us a little boost in damage since we do none anyway and the only reason to wield a 2hand weapon atm is for the proc.

3. saddles for mounts - eq to put on mounts that would give them prots, waterbreath, fly, or whatever. Allow you to bring mounts places you normally cant, dont have to worry about them dying on smoke etc etc. Somewhat related would be something like blinders, allow the horse only to look forward, prevent them from fleeing. There's alot you could do here with mount eq.

4. Melee balance - we're tired of being 2nd class citizens, damnit! Im just the idea man, you figure out how to do it!

5. Less melee skills given away in spells/procs - there's weapons that bash and spells that stun, but if my sword had an inferno proc it would be unbalanced. If hitter types cant get the best mage spells in weapon procs, then they shouldn't get our best skills in spell effects.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:39 pm

thanuk wrote:I think melee is "balanced" enough these days, dont you?

4. Melee balance - we're tired of being 2nd class citizens, damnit! Im just the idea man, you figure out how to do it!

thanks for this braind deadening statement.but i like the idea of haste items
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”