Zone upgrades

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Shargaas
Staff Member - Areas

Zone upgrades

Postby Shargaas » Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:30 am

I am currently looking for thoughts on which zones have equipment which is below par for the zone difficulty. For example Myth Unnohyr has been brought up in the past.
irta
Sojourner

Hurlburg

Postby irta » Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:04 am

Hurlburg is a zone that's about as long as spob or seelie but does does not nearly provide eq of that level. It should be a little less then those two as it doesn't seem quite as spanky (although the end fight with the hive mother is a little scary). That said, upgrade it mightily.

Irta
Last edited by irta on Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bipple
Sojourner

Postby Bipple » Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:12 am

Wouldn't asking us for this type of feedback contradict what we've already been told that every item in the game is being reviewed and re-statted based on a new algorithm the staff has devised?
Shargaas
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Shargaas » Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:08 am

The input will be used to back check our work relative to player perceptions. It's a good way to help verify we didn't screw anything up along the way.
Bipple
Sojourner

Postby Bipple » Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:17 am

Wouldn't that require us to first see the changes and then judge wether the zone equip was statted correctly? There is really no way to say what zones are currently balanced as we have been told almost nothing in regards to what the new stats will be. While something may be unbalanced now it may be just right after the equip changes, or it may still be unblanced... I don't see how any feedback received now could be valid for comparing how you did with the new system. Perhaps you can answer a question, are stats really being changed across the board or are only select (probably more popular) zones being re-statted?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:22 am

from what i've heard, PI/TNZ/seelie are under the new eq restrictions or wutever.

i think hulburg and TTF are underpar for the risk vs reward. it's basically doing a high level zone for mid-level eq. also i think hulburg is harder than spob and seelie. CRs are much harder to do in hulburg.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:35 am

Bronze Citadel is definitally not worth the rewards.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:14 pm

Gyrx wrote:Bronze Citadel is definitally not worth the rewards.

Amen :(
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:56 am

Gyrx wrote:Bronze Citadel is definitally not worth the rewards.

Word. And how bout a little ansi love?

Thanuk "I spent 13 hours in bronze citadel and all i got were these gay leather sleeves" Pantherclaw
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:18 am

some of the zones i think are too hard for the rewards are: ttf, hulburg, driders

there are others that are too easy for the rewards, like pi....can't think of any others
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:26 am

thought of something else, i think crypts is in need of a major rewrite. i wouldn't mind seeing it be anywhere from 30-50 rooms with multiple quests and new and interesting equipment, i mean lets face it, it's pretty easy and boring. no offense to the zone writer.

i think it would make it a more popular area for more than just collecting darkenbeast claws. imagine all the undead that could live in there, and possibly a lich or two, and then maybe a priest trying to clense the area of the undead that haunt it. maybe a fresh burial or two where you actually witness the acts of mobs burying some that you had killed to gain entrance

just a thought
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:04 pm

Larem wrote:some of the zones i think are too hard for the rewards are: ttf, hulburg, driders

Driders is like Mini-Jot in a sense. I don't think the zone is too hard, it's just that last fight where you need a lich and a scaler (and a full group sure doesn't hurt compared to the few people you need to clear the grid). It would be nice if the rares in the grid had a greater chance of loading, and THOSE stat'd items got up'd. They are BEAUTIFUL items, especially for a drow princess like me, yet most of these items are useless in regular use because of the stats. Give us a reason to clear the grid besides exp. As for the robe on the final mob, I like how it is only slightly better then jot ringmail for a very similar, yet reduced, zone situation/experience.
Shargaas
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Shargaas » Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:47 pm

*BUMP*

How about quests? Please only name the quest reward when posting and keep your comments generalized as to not give too much away. For example, BGR pyramid quest 5x5x5x5x5 = 5?!?
Alomlim
Sojourner

Postby Alomlim » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:17 pm

Still with the old topic, I feel Al'Quarthus Vergul's gear should be looked at... seems sub par for the lvl range. I think the gear coming out of cursed cemetary is significently better for the same range, fer instance. On the plus side AQV is a hilarious kick in the pants.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:42 pm

Shargaas wrote:*BUMP*

How about quests? Please only name the quest reward when posting and keep your comments generalized as to not give too much away. For example, BGR pyramid quest 5x5x5x5x5 = 5?!?

anything from hulburg/ttf/oakvale
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:50 am

Half the quests from YOUR zones Shargaas. Tattered rhemo leggings, platemail of forest, talisman of shadows/daggers could all use a fix. And just recently finding out you did Fire Embody somehow made perfect sense...

And like Dartan said, the major quest eq from hulburg/ttf need upping. The quest muspel caster robes could use it too, esp. when compared to spob crap. Frankly, if Spob robes keep their stats, than dscale robes deserve upping too. :P

The reward from the large Avernus/BC quest needs massive uppage too. The stats on that stuff are.. underpowered. :(

That's all I can think of atm.
Verarb
Sojourner

Masque and misty

Postby Verarb » Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:24 pm

give masque massive MR and 50 hps!
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:28 pm

In my experience the following items should be looked at. Those marked with an + should be upgradd (imho) and those with a - should be downgraged perhaps.

Zone: Seer Kings
reward: Serpent armbands+

Zone: multiple
reward: lusterous red/gold rings+

Zone: Kazgoroth Quest
reward: (all)+

Zone: Multiple
reward: glittering seashells necklace - (wish there was more +1 +2 neckwear out there though!)

Zone: Finder stuff
reward: (all) ++!

Zone: Hulburg/TTF
reward: Most. . . thinking the wilderness boots, the halberd, etc.

Zone: UM2
reward: Vortex cloak (not really a quest but. . sheesh!)

Zone: Erlan/GC
reward: None! =) can we please fix this soonish and make the silly tattoo load more?! =)

Zone: Multiple
reward: spider/gold dragonscale gauntlets - (too easy once known)

Zone: MD
reward: Phaerimm sleeves / starsilver eq -

Zone: Demiplane
reward: gythka -

hrmm think thats all I can think of for now!

Lost
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:07 pm

I agree almost completely waelos.

The main point i disagree on, and not because of the item involved, but because of the logic, is the spider/dscale gaunts. This quest would be difficult enough for the reward IF everyone didn't share its components! This would hold true of any quest, that if people share the steps involved, it is significantly easier. The quest itself is reasonably difficult with the need to go to a few different zones, and collect a few items from a couple out of the way places. If nothing else, make some changes to this quest and leave the items as they are. and find a way to punish people who share quest information. You shouldn't be rewarded for following a list of specific ingredients you need to create something more powerful.
Deltin
Sojourner

Postby Deltin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:25 pm

I agree with what Delmair said about sharing quest info. however this then ties into actually being able to get to the quest mobs to find out what it is all about (see seperate thread).

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”