18 hour corpse time

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Dalar
Sojourner

18 hour corpse time

Postby Dalar » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:30 am

18 hours isn't that great. assuming we die at around midnight, we have until 6 pm the next day to get our corpses. say we die in BC or seelie. zone groups don't start at 2 pm, they start at around 4-6 pm. all these times are PST btw
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:31 am

also, nothing like being on the last fight of a zone and having it crash with 0 rewards. something should be done about that too *nod me*
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:54 am

Dalar wrote:also, nothing like being on the last fight of a zone and having it crash with 0 rewards. something should be done about that too *nod me*

Completely and utterly agree. I understand that the staff already discussed this at the beginning of the wipe...and that's great, i'm very glad they did, but now that we've been around awhile, why not open back the discussion and add another improvement to the mud?
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:00 am

Heh. My 10 hr, 4-crash, 1-boot Crypts spank could really have used intervention.

But that's the way it was done before, so I didn't get any.

I've always wondered why there isn't a function to review totally unusual circumstances.

C'est la guerre.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:49 am

I can only think of one zone that ever received special attention from the gods in extreme circumstances: Avernus.
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ
Colje
Sojourner

Postby Colje » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:08 pm

Todrael wrote:I can only think of one zone that ever received special attention from the gods in extreme circumstances: Avernus.

Remember the insane Root spank back in Toril?
Where like 30++ corpses rot ...and there was a huge pile of eq left? :P

/Colje
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:00 pm

I remember that spank. Half of the mud's eq was down in that hole. We had about 3 full groups spanked in there. It was beautiful. It was the epitome of Toril experience. I guess we no longer have the frustration and the adrenaline rush that comes with an experience like that.

Oh yeah, there was no divine intervention. What pulled through at the end was the backup set of eq from the elitest group at the time (the two main warriors had twilights for backup, guess what their primaries are? :p)

Yssilk
Colje
Sojourner

Postby Colje » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:15 pm

Wargo wrote:I remember that spank. Half of the mud's eq was down in that hole. We had about 3 full groups spanked in there. It was beautiful. It was the epitome of Toril experience. I guess we no longer have the frustration and the adrenaline rush that comes with an experience like that.

Oh yeah, there was no divine intervention. What pulled through at the end was the backup set of eq from the elitest group at the time (the two main warriors had twilights for backup, guess what their primaries are? :p)

Yssilk

Gods did interven..cause they couldnt split up the eq without someone missing something. Remember? Gods gave them a time limit to solve this, or they would take actions.

I remember doing a superb trade right after the rot spank, bleh they restored the mud to pre-root spank.

I call it human GREED....
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:59 am

heh there was so much eq on the ground in the final room of roots during that spank that whenever i looked at the room i lost my connection. I honestly don't think people were being dishonest at the time.. there was just so much eq involved that it was impossible to figure out who's stuff was who's. especially since everyone in the group grabbed random bags and started spamming 'get all;put all bag'. it was an ub3r mess.

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:07 am

If I recall correctly the mud had to be restored from about a month old backup because the eq never really did get all sorted out.

It was dubbed "The Dream"
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:02 am

the tell I got from targsk was just friggin priceless on that one! He sent me the entire contents of what got dropped on the ground .. it was like 4 pages of spam of the best eq on the mud!
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:36 am

heh.. it was more than 4 pages... it was probably about as long as the 'news' dump.

The backup that was used was perhaps a few days old.. you might be thinking, instead, of the infamous month in which everyone 'dreamed' they were mudding... :)

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Colje
Sojourner

Postby Colje » Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:40 am

who lead that spank anyways?
I dont remember....

/Colje

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”