Computer Monitors

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Treladian
Sojourner

Computer Monitors

Postby Treladian » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:15 am

After having unpacked some of my stuff after coming back to my dorm, I logged ontot he mud and wound in musp where I rather quickly noticed that 2 areas on my Viewsonic PS790 monitor (unused at home where I hook this system to a 21 inch CRT) are not displaying red properly. Seeing as how the warranty has long expired, I figure that it would be easier to just get a new monitor. Now, the issue is that I picked up this monitor for use in school because the miniature shadow mask tubes it uses allow it to get away with the depth of a 17 inch monitor and therefor easily fit on my dorm desk. While I could just pick up a 17 inch monitor, I'd be interested in seeing if anyone knows of any space efficient CRTs (I switch resolutions for games far too much to use an LCD) they could recommend, seeing as how this model is no longer produced.
Last edited by Treladian on Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:16 am

Did you try to degauze it? Usually there's a button, or a menu option.
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:18 am

Yeah, degaussed it. Fire giant text still looks orange in some areas and maroon in others.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:21 am

I've got the same crt still. I agree the short depth rocks for space saving. Unfortunately, there aren't many short-depth crts around anymore, since people are switching to lcd if they wan tto save space.
I think they still make the GS790 model.. not as good as the pro series one you have, but its got the same small footprint with 19" screen size.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”