Rejoice!

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
ShaylaRose
Sojourner

Rejoice!

Postby ShaylaRose » Sun Nov 11, 2001 2:36 am

I am quitting! Image

Life's to short to make enemies over silly things like gun control or political freedom. The rift with Nitania made me realize that it really has been nonsensical to waste energy and make an enemy out of a friend here, no matter how unintended.

For those friends who have touched my life, enriching it, most should have my e-mail (or can get it here) or ICQ if you want to keep in contact.

I can honestly say that I have enjoyed my 3 months here greatly and can take pride in what I have accomplished as Aedyra (amongst others). I never met anyone I didn't like (though I have had momentary rifts with at least 1 person) and quite honestly wish the best for everyone. It has been entertaining and diverting when there has been time to escape into imagination.

However, its not worth creating hostilities where none should exist.

May my touch upon this world still be felt beyond my departure as a player and may the BBS live in eternal peace without my unreserved opinion.

Hugs!
Shayla

PS: If moderators can, please lock this thread as I won't be back to read it and any angers expressed (or even the rare regret at my departure) will simply be a waste of web space.
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Sun Nov 11, 2001 2:55 am

Don't quit over a bbs thread.

If you have fun in the game, play!

Dornax
Jurdex
Nida
Sojourner

Postby Nida » Sun Nov 11, 2001 3:15 am

This is completely not what's supposed to happen here. Yeesh. You have this kickass enchanter and many people who consider you an asset to the boards, and one thread sends you into a tailspin? Loosen up! Image I've been on probably about two-thirds of the time you have and I'm certainly not two-thirds as accomplished as your character is, and I didn't cut and run after the stupid little mini-flamewar I started. People still tolerate me (although for how long is anyone's guess Image )Notice how lots of people say lots of really stupid stuff here and it doesn't matter in the long run... God knows I'd group with you any day of the week.

-Nida
Dibble
Sojourner

Postby Dibble » Sun Nov 11, 2001 3:23 am

PLEASE don't quit. Who will be the enchanter?
You know how much I hate playing the enchanter!
Dibble
Sojourner

Postby Dibble » Sun Nov 11, 2001 3:30 am

I tried to go back and read the gun control thread (i hadn't before cause i knew it would be bad) YOU deleted all your posts...I wanted to see what was so bad as to make you quit the game. Any way i am sure it couldn't be that bad as to be worth quitting over. Take a break or something (worked for me) and remember how much we will miss you!

Dibble
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Sun Nov 11, 2001 3:34 am

Please don't leave Shayla, particularly not over a debate in the BBS.

Even if you said the absolute most idiotic thing in the world and made a complete fool of yourself, it wasn't worth deleting your posts, it isn't worth leaving the BBS over and it CERTAINLY isn't worth leaving the MUD over.

Come into a debate forum sometime, like mine in Utopia Politics, you'll see that we have ALL said things we regret at one point or another. It doesn't matter.

------------------

Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Nitania
Sojourner

Postby Nitania » Sun Nov 11, 2001 3:34 am

Shayla

Sorry.

There is a lack of actual debate on this BBS. Intelligent discussion doesnt happen often. Im sorry you thought I was flaming you. Dont take offense please.

Your intelligence will be missed

Nitania
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Nov 11, 2001 4:52 am

don't quit over the bbs... people i argue w/ on the bbs like ilshad and lyt are totally different in game. on here lyt and i argue, but in game we're pretty civil.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sun Nov 11, 2001 4:55 am

It's just another way of not dealing with stuff. Quitting over a BBS topic is not constructive, and I encourage you to not do it.. but ultimately, it is your choice.

I felt you had some valid opinions, and mostly stated them intelligently. Quitting because you made a mistake(Not saying you did, but from the sounds of your post, you think you did), won't solve things. It'll just leave it on the table and your mind.

Just move on from it. Even I don't hold your opinions against you. And you seem to think I hate you. I don't.

Before you delete, take a few days off, clear your head, and then make a decision. Don't delete in haste. And I hope you continue to play.
Grxx
Sojourner

Postby Grxx » Sun Nov 11, 2001 6:23 am

bye
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sun Nov 11, 2001 8:04 am

Sorry to see you go. I think we'd all be happy if you reconsidered. Image

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Sun Nov 11, 2001 9:05 am

Don't let the doorknob hit ya where the good lord split ya.

actually, I never saw you in game. seems you played a good raced character. I always hate seeing people quit though. Unless it's teyaha. That guy is like a quittin machine. He's quit like 3 times now?

------------------
·Kuurg·
Kasula
Sojourner

Postby Kasula » Sun Nov 11, 2001 7:19 pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sun Nov 11, 2001 7:31 pm

Don't quit!
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Nov 11, 2001 8:01 pm

Hey, no quit. you haven't hit your res limit yet Image
Trogar
Sojourner

Postby Trogar » Sun Nov 11, 2001 9:15 pm

This is retarded. You are quitting over an arguement? You don't argue or debate things in real life? God forbid some topics create passion.

Yeesh get real kid.
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Sun Nov 11, 2001 10:18 pm

I say stupid stuff all the time, and I'm still here Image

- Grungar "I wasted more web space!" Forgefire
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Sun Nov 11, 2001 11:33 pm

It's a shame to see you go. In the short time you were here, you demonstrated a great deal of skill, and a great deal more potential. Hope you reconsider.

Glorishan
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Nov 12, 2001 8:40 am

i dont know u but this is what i'm willing to do for you. since so many folks dont want u to quit and obviously u want to quit i will play middle man. give me ya password and char name and i will go around pretending i'm u saying intelligent stuff. but be warned i'm not smarter than your average bear, i'm just your normal average guy w/ mad fantasy football skills and a gf name cherlize.

sok

ps. if u giving me ya pwrd send it to SokIsBiggestConArtistOnSojourn@foolio.org

pss. i will take all char not just shayla
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Nov 12, 2001 9:01 am

You quit for whatever reasons you want to quit for.

Don't let people make you feel bad for it.

Power, sister.

- Ragorn
Razabble
Sojourner

Postby Razabble » Mon Nov 12, 2001 4:23 pm

Sok, that is friggin hilarious. Now, we need a good yaya response and my day will be made.

Razabble...
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Mon Nov 12, 2001 8:50 pm

Sorry to see you go, wish it wasn't so. Its your decision, hope all works out for the best for you. If you decide to come back, you're welcome w/ me.

Toplack
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Nov 16, 2001 3:51 pm

It seemeth to me the only problems thou hadst was when thou wouldst be angered with thy fellow muddicts. Thou wert a brave and noble soul.
Quamin
Sojourner

Postby Quamin » Fri Nov 16, 2001 4:03 pm

Noo! Don't do it! It's not worth it! I don't even know you yet! I may be just getting back into sojourn after years passing without, but to see someone leave because of something discussed is not new to me, though I'm not clear on the exact reason. Another thing: Rejoice! is not the appropriate thing to say when you leave friends or a "community". If you still think, to yourself, that this is the best thing, I wish you luck and safe journeys.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”