Of no relevance to anything at all . . .

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Daz
Sojourner

Of no relevance to anything at all . . .

Postby Daz » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:12 am

I am nearing the 50GB mark for my mp3 playlist. i love music, and am desperately searching for any individual track released over the last 15 years that i enjoyed but don't have :(

OMG that song 'in the living years'

woot! Oh, and for what its worth, almost 25GB of that playlist comes from mp3's ripped off my own audio albums.

if the recording industry is gonna nearly half the price of their albums, and they are still making a profit - just think how badly they have been reaming us over the years. no wonder they are angry. its like a kid selling his grandmother's spices for 2 years just had the whole neighborhood learn its not an exotic jamaican blend.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:14 am

also, do any audiophiles here know of any normalizing software that quickly normalizes the volume on a large number of tracks? as long as i dont have to do manual wave editing ill be happy.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:15 am

Daz wrote:also, do any audiophiles here know of any normalizing software that quickly normalizes the volume on a large number of tracks? as long as i dont have to do manual wave editing ill be happy.

i've been looking for this as well
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:15 am

On another note, i have around 30 gigs of music I believe. Most of which are ripped from my own albums. Now i'm really curious to see what you have Daz.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:22 am

just bought my second 550gb lacie hd. the first one is full of images.
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:27 am

my god that's a big HD

Hey daz, being an avid music fan like myself, do you have any suggestions for an mp3 player? I want an ipod so bad, but do you think the price will drop in the remote future?
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:49 am

ive got an archos 10GB mp3 player that doubles as a portable hard drive

its simple, nifty, nice battery life - and cost like 150 bucks i think

its great since 10gb can hold a hell of a lot of music for just about any purpose
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:49 am

dont worry :) when im done building my database im gonna list every single mp3/track i own, rofl
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:21 am

Doing a quick google search i found this link:
http://hardwarecentral.dealtime.com/xPR ... order_20GB

20 gig archos mp3 player for around 250, not bad. 150 less then a 20 gig ipod, question is which do you get more bang for your buck in the long term scheme of things.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”