Where will they be after Oct. 1?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Shuanerst
Sojourner

Where will they be after Oct. 1?

Postby Shuanerst » Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:10 pm

In the interest of keeping people informed, I've started this thread as a way to track where/what different immortals will be doing after Oct. 1. I have pulled out names and a quote where available. I will continue to edit this post as other immortals go public with a decision. I may have misunderstood a statement by some god. These lists reflect my best understanding of how things are going to shake out [and may contain errors]

ShevarashCyricMud
=============
Shevarash - Cyric and myself will be continuing the MUD in it's current form, under a different name, on a new site.
Cyric - Our (Shev and my) goal is to keep the MUD running without a change in code, areas, or playerbase.
Shar - My thanks to Shevy and Cyric for letting us loosen the bands around the number of restrings that will be available by reward in the new MUD.
Mielikki - I shall be moving with shev and cyric to the new mud.
Eilistraee, Auril - Eilistraee and I will continue to run the campaign after the mud split
=============

MiaxMud
=============
They have posted their own thread which I assume they will keep updated. It can be found here: http://www.sojourn3.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11776
=============

-Sservis
Last edited by Shuanerst on Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Todrael group-says 'i keep it in a jar, not much gura could do with it'
Todrael group-says 'i do have plenty of holes though'
Gura group-says 'afk gettin bateries'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:05 pm

Nice thread.

I'm wondering where the Areas and the bulk of the staff are going, or if it's going to be an even split.

Hmmm . . .
I'm wondering if people are betting plats on this.

Hmmm . . .
I bet we'll see a lot of cross-server trades.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:00 pm

groan

yet another reason that they dont need to dupe it all.

especially since i lost all my eq and i dont have toys :D
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:28 pm

i'm betting most of the gods and players will go to shevy/cyric's mud
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:42 am

After much thought, I have decided to code for whatever Miax puts up as a mud.
I feel it is important for you as players to know this prior to the Oct 1st arrival.
I will not state my reasons, so don't bother to ask.
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:18 am

After much thought, I have decided to code for the highest bidder. Just to whet your appetite, here is but a small sample of my prowess:

10 ? "Hello";
20 goto 10

Let the bidding begin.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sat Sep 13, 2003 3:55 pm

i got 10 plat i know where im going.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Mielikki
Staff Member - Coder

Postby Mielikki » Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:31 pm

I shall be moving with shev and cyric to the new mud.

On a side note I have taken over the tweaks for bards and was the one who wrote the new song of recovery... so any concerns, bugs and issues with bard pls direct my way.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:42 pm

Mielikki wrote:I shall be moving with shev and cyric to the new mud.

On a side note I have taken over the tweaks for bards and was the one who wrote the new song of recovery... so any concerns, bugs and issues with bard pls direct my way.

yay a new person to complain to!
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:28 pm

I will be coding procs and such for Miax's mud.

-Garg
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:16 pm

heh

Are you going to be fixing Erlan on Miax's mud too? :)

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:02 pm

Corth wrote:heh

Are you going to be fixing Erlan on Miax's mud too? :)

Corth

That was a kick in the junk if i've ever seen one.
Shuanerst
Sojourner

Postby Shuanerst » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:04 pm

I added a Rumors section.

I added this as I'd like to see more information come out into the open, plus I want to have the hearsay justified or refuted. What I put there is unsubstantiated, but it's been mentioned elsewhere. I've also included an attributation so that others can make their own judgements about the quality of the rumor.

-Sservis
Todrael group-says 'i keep it in a jar, not much gura could do with it'

Todrael group-says 'i do have plenty of holes though'

Gura group-says 'afk gettin bateries'
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:04 pm

I'd like to add a fact to this debate:

-Thanuk's mom.

Now for the rumor:

-A host of aliens from another dimension abducted one of the higher up staff members and after performing several 'probing' activities to determine their biological make-up, he/she was then deposited back on the planet Earth, only 53 years in the future. The staff member realized at this point that running a MUD where you could actually kill the NPCs was most definately not the wave of the future. Soon enough the dimensional beings realized their mistake in depositing the staff member in the future and quickly remedied their mistake by putting that staff member back into their correct time dimension. However, the staff member's view of MUD mechanics was warped forever and due to creative differences and also because the dimensional beings stole his/her wallet, that staff member decided it was best to split off from the rest of the MUD. Or something like that, this is all heresay mind you.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:09 pm

Mielikki wrote:I shall be moving with shev and cyric to the new mud.

Yay bard! Such a fun class! (here's where the butt kissing is visible) Please give them a dim or teleport spell! Since bards can get up to 6th circ in AD&D that isn't too much to ask is it? (done being sneaky)

As for where I'm going, I'm sure most will go where their friends will, so it's politics as in who knows what, etc. Regardless, I'm going to try them both out. There are people that only play one or two hours a day. Erali is one. There's no problem with splitting time to me. I know most won't I'm sure but I believe in trying things out before disregarding.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”