Top 5 Features You'd Like To See (Part II)

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:13 pm

What about rather then items giving full haste as the spell, they just give partial haste. Like every other round or every third round you gain the benifits of haste.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:36 am

amolol wrote:
thanks for this braind deadening statement.but i like the idea of haste items

Nevermind.

You're welcome, Shar.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:55 am

I hate to say it, but i agree with thanuk on the idea of bringing haste items back. Definately rare, and make them so they don't have amazing stats in addition to haste. an ac0 +2 hit +haste belt or somethin for instance. I don't see haste as something completely overpowering the game as it currently stands. it seems that casters of any caliber out damage the melee classes hands down. The only melee class that comes even close are the rogues.

The second note, giving procs to weapons that do warrior skills for them:
Once again, i think thanuk hit the nail on the head. Dazzling/stunning and bashing mobs with melee weapons is very useful yes. I don't see it as a problem that will kill the mud, but some minor tweaking in what procs are or are not allowed onto weapons might be in order.
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:59 pm

Bring back haste!!!

Seriously. There are a number of threads detailing the benefits around here somewhere. . . and I can not think of a single drawback. (No, casters won't be any less 'usefull' than they are now. Y'all know that.

So. . . .Please?

:)

Lost
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:25 pm

Waelos wrote:Bring back haste!!!

Seriously. There are a number of threads detailing the benefits around here somewhere. . . and I can not think of a single drawback. (No, casters won't be any less 'usefull' than they are now. Y'all know that.

So. . . .Please?

:)

Lost

Seriously. Enchanters are not brought to groups because of haste..dscale and globe are the important part.

Haste items are to enchanters what Prot items are to clerics.
Kurtok
Sojourner

Postby Kurtok » Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:38 pm

For haste. How about figuring out what, on the average, is the EQ slot that has the "biggest" piece of EQ in it. Then make an EQ item that has only haste on it. For example, on body is usually a pretty hefty EQ slot with high AC and +hit +dam. So, make an on body piece of EQ that has only haste on it. Then the warrior would have to juggle everything to determine if its better to go for the haste or for the AC/hit/dam.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:23 pm

I dont like the idea of having to give up tons for permanent haste, because perm haste isnt that great anymore. Our damage is negligable, hasted or not, so nobody would really sacrifice alot to have it. Just put it on items that are hard to get, like BC items and tiamat items.

My whole point is that perm haste isnt that powerful anymore given melee's uselessness, so you should bring it back because it doesnt overpower people anymore. If you have to sacrifice tons for it, then its useless anyway.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:51 pm

I'm sure this has been mentioned any number of times, but, how about implementing a 'designate' command so that you can label mobs... it's a real pain when mobs wander in and catch the spell/hit meant for another mob.

'designate 1.giant A' 'designate 2.giant B' etc.

If I'm casting a spell, swinging a weapon, or whatever, I'm concentrating on my target, and someone wandering around the periphery is not going to suddenly jump in front of me to take the whack. If you're going to say that, then you SHOULD also make it so that, randomly, your spells/swings hit someone other than the desired target, including group members.

I mean, some rat wanders in and all of a sudden each of us switches to a new target? I don't think so.

Eilorn.
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.
-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:27 pm

1. More newbies
2. More accessible zones that it isn't painful to mass CR in
3. More invasions
4. More !ID items to keep things dicey
5. Fix up classes: Lich and Psionicist

As with the last list, my No. 1 request is for an army of n00bs to descend upon Sojourn and make all things new.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:48 am

Skip to the bottom for the important part :roll:
Got carried away.

Make it so that targetted spells actually target. What I mean is what most people are talking about. If I do:

cast 'earthblood' 2.mage

Then I want my spell to hit that mage. By that I mean, I don't want it to hit whoever 2.mage happens to be when the spell completes, which can change depending on if 1.mage dies or another mage wanders in. I want it to hit whoever 2.mage is when I start the spell. If that mob ever ceases to exist, then please abort the spell as would happen if I were assisting. Renaming is great and would be useful, but this kind of targetting basically fixes the need for that, combined with popunder discussed below.

Now if hitting any mob with a certain keyword is considered a feature, then just make it so that the two are separate commands, or toggleable. If I do this:

cast 'earthblood' any.mage

then hit the first mage in the room, regardless of who it is or how many times that person changes while I'm casting. If it was never intended as a feature, get rid of it. There's nothing more annoying than accidentally aggroing mobs because you get this:

1.mephit is dead! RIP!
You complete your spell!
2.mephit hits you very hard.

Often there isn't even time to abort, so that is sometimes not a viable option in situations where targetting is important. So if it was a feature, make it toggleable or specifiable by command (toggle anytarget, cast 'spell' any.target). If it wasn't a feature, please fix it so my spells always hit the mob I'm trying to hit.

Along this line the second most annoying thing with targetting spells is that mobs that repop or wander always pop up first on the list. This is useful when you don't know how many mobs are in the room (although last.mob would fix that) and extremely annoying and dangerous when you're trying to exp and sometimes when zoning.

For example, room with two exp mobs. I've killed one, and am working on the second. The zone repops. All of a sudden my spell at 1.mob is now hitting the repopped mob because repops are transparent so even if targetting as above was implemented, I'd probably cast a spell at the new mob without realizing it.

Mobs that wander in or repop should become the last on the list. When that new mob repops, he should become 2.mob, or 18.mob, or whatever the last is, not 1.mob. This only makes sense with targetting. This would not include any more hassle on looking at, glancing, targetting, bashing the new mob if last.mob became a useable prefix, but would remove many accidental targets.

Wow that was long winded.

Recap and all you really need to read:
*Targetted spells actually target on start and not finish
*Make hitting any target of that keyword a toggleable feature or a different command
*Make mobs that wander in or repop the last on the mob list
*last.mob prefix, or reversable list (r1.mob = 3.mob, r2.mob = 2.mob, r3.mob = 1.mob)

Also, another vote for the casting flag, and I'd vote on mobs too
Adana
Sojourner

Postby Adana » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:27 pm

1. Make charge a measureable skill, i.e. bash. The success rate is pathetic when one is a master or mistress at mounted combat. Lag is kind of long too, but hey, I can live with it. :wink:
2. Give Paladins pommel strike when wielding 2handed weapon (or call it what you want) since they do not get kick or shield punch. :(
3. Give Paladins shieldblock for those occasions when they do actually use shields. :D
4. Make stun do more than make a spell misfire. Cause the mob (and PC) when stunned to lose the next attack at least.
5. Create a spell to reduce fear when facing dragons and the like. Not make it proof against, just increase the percentage that it won't happen. I would gladly have it as a 7th circle paladin spell instead of only having dispel magic as an option.

That's my five cents worth. :D
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:12 pm

I say put haste on every item in the game.

On a more serious note... Please bring these back.
Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:55 pm

Make character age a function of play time, not the time since it was created. I've got a lowbie paladin that I'd like to have played recently, but, he's 94, and not likely to be getting rejuvenated... he gets out of breath just going down the stairs in the inn:). I've had to rejuvenate my anti twice now, but, at least it's possible for him. I know about rejuve potions, but, I'm not a high playtime player, and don't have access to them.

Eilorn.
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.

-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”