Things each 'Camp' can do to convince us to play their mud

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.

What can Miax or Shev do that might convince you to choose their mud over the other?

Open up tiamat.
14%
Implement Menzo.
3%
Fix melee classes.
26%
Prove that Cyric is more than just Shev's imaginary friend
34%
Restrings.
9%
Artifacts.
14%
Quicker res effect fade
No votes

Total votes: 58
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:10 pm

Xisiqomelir wrote:
Stamm wrote:Duris wiping always massively increased the playerbase.... yes, I know it's different, but don't take it for granted that it would kill the mud.

This is because good PK muds need to wipe to stay fresh. It breaks up old power blocs, reshuffles the pbase and brings back old players. ("I'll get into CBL THIS wipe!" "Maybe I'll try Undead this time" "Good, Tolm and co can't scout potion zones 24/7, I think I'll roll a char") Duris wiping increases pbase because Duris is more fun at the start of a wipe.

Sojourn has a vastly different system of rewards. With no fraglist, player status and ultimately, player satisfaction, comes from doing difficult zones and difficult quests, wearing better eq and knowing more zone dirs than the fountainsitting population. Sojourn wipes cut pbase because Sojourn is more fun later on in a wipe.

Absolutely. But don't take it for granted it'd kill Sojourn.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:15 pm

I'm actually amazed that nobody selected the last option of lowering res effect fade. I'm not going to say what I voted for, but res fade was a close second. I think that the time sinks.. sitting around waiting to play.. are the part of the game that drive the most people away over time.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:26 pm

Corth wrote:I'm actually amazed that nobody selected the last option of lowering res effect fade. I'm not going to say what I voted for, but res fade was a close second. I think that the time sinks.. sitting around waiting to play.. are the part of the game that drive the most people away over time.

naw, time sinks don't matter because people won't be spending much time in either mud :)
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:31 pm

Corth wrote:I'm actually amazed that nobody selected the last option of lowering res effect fade. I'm not going to say what I voted for, but res fade was a close second. I think that the time sinks.. sitting around waiting to play.. are the part of the game that drive the most people away over time.

I hate hate hate this...but class balance is more important imo and i could only pick one.
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:21 pm

I hate waiting around doing nothing in ress effect too, but when I thought about it, I realized that it's not like I do anything as a melee class most of the time anyway 8)
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:04 am

Ress effects = bathroom break / sandwich break!
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:24 am

[Dugmaren Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:04 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ress effects = bathroom break / sandwich break!

The Scary part is that Dug takes both breaks at the same time :twisted:
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:51 am

Holy shit Xis, does tolm actually still play duris?
<I>When a man lies, he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?</I>
Donutz
Sojourner

Postby Donutz » Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:19 am

heh tolm is a permanent wart on the backside of duris.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:42 pm

Apparently the little shit is waiting on a pwipe. I'm tempted to start playing if it happens and purge him :)
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:00 am

yeah, like in 1993 or 94 he was my brothers schoolfriend and we got him started on mudding

If it helps, in real life tolm is a short and fat chinese kid who spits alot.

Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:29 am

Stamm wrote:And since people picked the joke option in their trendy 'I don't fit in a box, I'm unique' or something 'statement' I'll remove those too.

This is actually the only option that could even remotely get me to choose one mud over another. Basically what the option is saying, in a humorous fashion, is "Cyric will start working hard and have results we can see are his."

- Mike
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:31 am

In his defence,

The last I checked, Cyric does a hell of a lot for sojourn, you just dont see it. Its a completely thankless job, but when he was overseeing my zone creation he was logged into test for countless hours checking shit and working on zones.

Its completely in the background, but what I can assure you of is that when you log in, you see cyric's results, because they are in almost every zone in the game in some form or another, whether its checking typos or finding bad exits.

-Gerad

Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:10 am

Gerad wrote:In his defence,

The last I checked, Cyric does a hell of a lot for sojourn, you just dont see it. Its a completely thankless job, but when he was overseeing my zone creation he was logged into test for countless hours checking shit and working on zones.

Its completely in the background, but what I can assure you of is that when you log in, you see cyric's results, because they are in almost every zone in the game in some form or another, whether its checking typos or finding bad exits.

-Gerad

I wish Sojourn had a highly respectable OLC, it would save imms and zone creators so many man hours.

I can't speak for the past few months or anything, but i'd like to just thank Cyric for all the hours he's put in.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”