quest to allow grouping with evils or goodies

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
irta
Sojourner

quest to allow grouping with evils or goodies

Postby irta » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:17 am

A few souls in both the evil and goodie races are able to overcome the general racial intolerance that rules both sides. On the goodie side this is especially true among those of the human race, some of whom are far more wicked then the vilest among the evilraces. Although some among even the grey elves are sick depraved animals who's deeds are best left unmentioning. On the evil race side, the yuanti in particularly seek to be able to group with all races (though some suggest they can't be trusted and are looking only for easy meals). These few have devised tests to prove who is fit to join the select few who can mix with both groups of races. It's hard and long, but for those who succeed, the quest of reconcilation is very rewarding.

Literature is full of men who group with evils, and evil races who group with goodies. It's time for racial intolerance to end (somewhat at least)
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:17 am

eww ... no ...

Ambar grouping with goodies?? ick :P I think Amby would try to kill all the paladins and rangers for their spam!!

GroupleaderX group-says 'Ambar, you are on stones .. keep paladin stoned please'
You group-say 'whee legal pkill :)'
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:14 pm

...And so once again the cry was raised to bring back the days of OC, and the land trembled.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:07 pm

I could only agree with anti-paladins and necros...virtually a requirement for human liches to be able to group either side.
irta
Sojourner

Postby irta » Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:05 pm

Thilindel wrote:I could only agree with anti-paladins and necros...virtually a requirement for human liches to be able to group either side.

Why not evil human mages? Evil human clerics? Evil humans of all sorts.

the Irta
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:16 pm

Well because even though you're evil, you'd have to be pretty sick and twisted and psychotic to want to group with trolls and ogres and nasty stuff like that.
I could see a evil human grouping with some evil races people solely for self-serving purposes, and then after it is acomplished he would kill them.
irta
Sojourner

Postby irta » Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:09 pm

rylan wrote:Well because even though you're evil, you'd have to be pretty sick and twisted and psychotic to want to group with trolls and ogres and nasty stuff like that.
I could see a evil human grouping with some evil races people solely for self-serving purposes, and then after it is acomplished he would kill them.

We already group with liches who's flesh is rotting, not too big of a difference there. I do like the idea of killing them as soon as their usefulness ends (when that happens is hard to say though).

the Irta
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:12 pm

Irta, you even try to kill me after we group and I'm gonna lich touch your ass into oblivion so fast that it will arrive in hell well before the rest of your body does.

I think this idea was rejected a while ago because evils felt that it would limit some of their players because the goodies would get to take over those roles, or something like that. I can't remember the exact argument.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:44 pm

I thought so too, that's why I don't see why they can't have AP/lich and maybe neco tag along. Not like it'd mess things up. But, Irta, for what you asked earlier, clerics, warriors, mages, etc (save necro) start good aligned unless warrior chooses other but that's human only to my knowledge. Any filth that starts good, only to hit evil should tell any evilrace that they're not to be trusted :P Goodrace is probably used to some knucklehead that slowly becomes evil, so there would be more trust I'd imagine.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:47 pm

I thought so too, that's why I don't see why they can't have AP/lich and maybe neco tag along. Not like it'd mess things up. But, Irta, for what you asked earlier, clerics, warriors, mages, etc (save necro) start good aligned unless warrior chooses other but that's human only to my knowledge. Any filth that starts good, only to hit evil should tell any evilrace that they're not to be trusted :P Goodrace is probably used to some knucklehead that slowly becomes evil, so there would be more trust I'd imagine. The way I see, it's more disgraceful to become evil than to have innately been evil. Those who have chosen to be evil should suffer *nod me* At least AP's are lawful and by their descript, not so bad usually. Someone that chose the dark path, such as an evil elementalist, has slain quite a few innocents. eww! I wouldn't trust em even if I were a half-wit troll
Orku
Sojourner

Postby Orku » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:59 pm

Most evilraces don't even care for humans, so why would we group with them? BEsides eatting them, i see no other reason.
Zissa OOC: 'orku i will go to class for you if you go to work for me'
You OOC: 'if you don't mind me going naked'
Zissa OOC: 'sure its a bunch of sailors'
You OOC: 'got screwed on that one'

Senosa gets a bright green pillow.
Senosa says 'Pillow fight.....'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:39 pm

Isn't a lich just that? I can't see a typical housewife seeing a 'human' lich and thanking god it wasn't a drow :P The last thing someone would call a lich is HUMAN! :P So, sure most evils could think of AP's as evil wannabes, but my prejudice goes with the lines that a lich is a lich.
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:34 am

Thilindel is still mad I grouped with his wife:P

Yeah, there is some argument to be made for very select goodie classes group with evil races, but I really think the evils just don't want that option. Do you?
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:05 am

Cant think of why evil race creatures would be all huggy and groupy with goodies. allowing goodies and evils to group would destroy the atmosphere of the game.

what drow , ogre, troll dooger illithid orc snake etc, would ever walk side by side with goodies and aid them???

Eat em yes, kill em yes...hug em, save their lives, fight along side of em?....no way.

Keep evils evil and goodies good

Nilan
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:24 pm

8)

Reminds me of this story I read of an ogre warrior rescuing a bard from malice who had been somehow awakened in IC. The ogre sacrificed himself and the bard got away. So I guess Nilan's outlook can't be justified for all evils?
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:41 pm

I can't see why a lich shouldn't be able to group with whoever they want to. They are undead now. I also see no real difference between drow or human lich, or even yuan-ti lich for that matter. They are all undead. If you could group with one, you should be able to group with another. From what I've seen, heard. and read on here and the MUD, the lich class is even less played then bards before they got upgraded.

That doesn't really sound unfair or overbalancing towards the MUD in all honesty. I've also heard how the lich quest isn't exactly a breeze if you don't know it or have help.

Don't see a need for outcasting to return, or to allow anything but lich to group with either side.

-Caedym Shadowhock
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:02 pm

just make grouping alignment based. not race, not race

ie neutrals can group w/anyone
evil only evil or evil /neutral
good only or goods/neutral

if you group with other that supposed to, your alignment goes up/down
if evil casts pell on good then alignement just went up, good on evil just went down, neutral would change as well forcing the neutral to group with both sides so their alignemtn doesnt get scewed and they stay neutral.

i mean we all know nilan wants to group with them dam wood elfs :P
Donutkanam
Sojourner

Postby Donutkanam » Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:40 pm

ack,dorfs!!
Hey..look around you,everything helter skelter.
Listen up,i warn you,run for cover run.
Bang,it happened,time's up,Armageddon.
Fire,Meltdown,the sky is crumbling in.
Black curtains!
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:17 pm

Mitharx wrote: I think this idea was rejected a while ago because evils felt that it would limit some of their players because the goodies would get to take over those roles, or something like that. I can't remember the exact argument.

No you got that backwards. There would be no reason to play a goodie melee character. Evilrace chars are better than goodrace characters. That used to be because they were harder to play, but somehow the evil side went soft over the years. Trolls are better tanks than barbarians or dwarves. Duergars and drow are better rogues than dwarves or grey elves. All the goodrace melee characters would just be useless, sub par characters.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:23 pm

Not to mention that if it were alignment-based, there would only be a small handful of good-aligned players on the mud, because they would be the only ones who wouldn't be able to get a group.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:54 pm

how many true good players do you know?
ie do they always do the right and just thing?

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”