low-cut dress of ebon faerie dragon scales

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
irta
Sojourner

low-cut dress of ebon faerie dragon scales

Postby irta » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:26 pm

Thorn is a pretty tough dragon and plus there's a quest, so I think the dg to the dress is excessive. The dg was particular excessive in the hp area. I'd say slash the protects even more and kill dg/de if you must, but get the hps back. As it stands now, it's not an item anyone would use.

the Irta
Maedor
Sojourner

Re: low-cut dress of ebon faerie dragon scales

Postby Maedor » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:30 pm

irta wrote:Thorn is a pretty tough dragon and plus there's a quest, so I think the dg to the dress is excessive. The dg was particular excessive in the hp area. I'd say slash the protects even more and kill dg/de if you must, but get the hps back. As it stands now, it's not an item anyone would use.

the Irta

Dug is just sick of all the sluts in this world, and he's doing his best to change things. :P

And yea..the dress was way way way too good before. I'd still use the dress over magi robes or loki ringmail though..shrug...but that's just slutty 'ol me
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:43 pm

Nah i agree this got downgraded way to much... suposed to be a 20% downgrade.

Dress lost 29 hp from 50 - 21, Lost the only protection that matterd, it lost pff. If you pull a protect from this, let it be gas. This isnt an easy thing to aquire, Thorn is by far one of the harder dragons especialy now with the all the damn faeries prisming =) After you get the scale there is still the quest to do. Or you can spend 30 min in jot and get loki ringmail, or you can go to md and get starsilver plate. Neither is that hard.

This was a semi-unique thing and agreed it was too buff for what it took to get but now its useless. another quest that will be forgoten in time. A waste of good ansi.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:46 pm

ah, i thought the dress was 29 and lost 21. So...give the dress 25hp and be done with it.
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:21 am

I'm glad its no longer the best on body wear causing so many cross-dressers, but down to 21 hps is way too harsh. Its bad enough that the wisps are no bash casters, but when you have a dragon that buffets to stop people from fleeing or group healing or purifying people so they're not para anymore its really nasty. And the shrink breath is a bugger too maybe most people can move while shrunk, but with my mediocre elf strength i'm stuck like a bug in amber. What about making it no warrior, no rogue,that would give it more points for hps right? And personally I'd rather lose detects than hps, or even prots.

I think there is something wrong with the way some items got savaged because of the prots (presumably). Like dragonscale robes being only 25 hps was presumably to save the 3 prots that it kept, and some MR I guess. But what sense does that make when the best earrings are 15 hps, but you can get earrings from ET that are 14 hps with a prot. So I wouldn't mind losing prots on most items since I can get them from earrings at a low cost. I don't care that much about gas/lightning myself cause I can always get prots from clerics before dragon fights, its just nice to have the other 3 incase your attacked by a dragon when not ready.
Lil
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:27 am

Maybe Faelarae's other items sucked all the points out.
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:53 am

8)

Suggested dress stats:

ac10 +30hp charisma +4, pff, remove !male bit.
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:11 am

ooh thats a good idea, if your remove everyones male bit then they could wear the dress.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:28 pm

Lilithelle wrote:ooh thats a good idea, if your remove everyones male bit then they could wear the dress.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! And that's why I love Lili!

Yaya, you should be smacked, because that dress definitely needed a !male flag... but there needs to be !female equipment in the game too. Beg, whimper, please, make a bunch of really studly !female equipment and fix !charm so some of the transvestites in the game will get the hell out of my closet!
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:30 pm

ya either make it female only, or make it turn you into a female :)
or just give it to pinky :P
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:30 pm

Oh, but not the whip, the whip definitely has to be good elf rogue female useable.
irta
Sojourner

upgrade quest

Postby irta » Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:32 pm

If ever there is an item that deserves an upgrade quest to bring back the original stats, this it.

Everyone chant after me! Upgrade Quest! Upgrade Quest! Upgrade Quest! Upgrade Quest!

the Irta
Irane
Sojourner

Postby Irane » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:25 am

Before the eq changes this was one of the overpowered body eq and caused lots of cross dressing. Imho downgrading is okie but think that it was overdone. Maybe up its hps back to 30 hps this will probably appease those have this dress currently like irta and interest future would be owners.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:55 am

yeah the first evil BC trip i won an item

male only :(
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:56 am

8)

I don't see why a male character couldn't wear a dress. Heck, barbarians wear kilts and dresses aren't that much different, so I don't see why a barbarian couldn't wear a dress, too =9
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:25 pm

Ashiwi wrote:
Lilithelle wrote:ooh thats a good idea, if your remove everyones male bit then they could wear the dress.

so some of the transvestites in the game will get the hell out of my closet!/quote]

You said you didn't mind lending me clothes!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:00 pm

You can hop into my dresses any time you want!
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:10 pm

Yayaril wrote:8)

I don't see why a male character couldn't wear a dress. Heck, barbarians wear kilts and dresses aren't that much different, so I don't see why a barbarian couldn't wear a dress, too =9

Seriously, gotta agree with Yaya here. Problem is basically any article of clothing a male wears in this day and age could be considered clothing for females, but the reverse isn't true. If we want to be sexist about it and not let males wear dresses then let's appeal to the vast majority of items that in a medieval time would have been considered inappropriate for women to wear.

It's not that men _can't_ wear dresses, it's just weird :P Silly for area makers to start saying it's impossible for another gender to wear this. It'd make more sense to make size restrictions, which would also be entertaining. Imagine an elf only dress with a weight cutoff ;) You could exclude men by saying you have to be under a certain weight to fit into it. Now that'd be entertaining.

The only items that should have gender flags are ones where a diety of some variety is opposed to another gender using it *cough*Valkyrie*cough* Still, seems silly for gender to decide what equipment you can use. In the end, despite its description, it's just another item with stats. But heck, if y'all want, bring on the male only gear.

On another note, I'm not a cross dresser =)
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:43 am

Ashiwi wrote:You can hop into my dresses any time you want!
8)

While you're still in it?
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:12 am

the 11 fingered gloves?

The jimmy cap?

the pants with 3 legs?
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:31 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Beg, whimper, please, make a bunch of really studly !female equipment and fix !charm so some of the transvestites in the game will get the hell out of my closet!

But I thought you liked Klosh and Gura in there...
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:35 pm

Yasden wrote:
Ashiwi wrote:Beg, whimper, please, make a bunch of really studly !female equipment and fix !charm so some of the transvestites in the game will get the hell out of my closet!

But I thought you liked Klosh and Gura in there...

They make too much noise giggling together and keep me awake at night.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:29 pm

like...
<on head> a gothic skull construction hat of machoness
about body> spiked leather shoulderplates of studliness
about waist> a masculine money-belt of the ultra-elite warrior god
<wielded> a sword named 'lady killer'
<on neck> a collar with the words "Where's Ma Beech?" engraved into it
<on body> a long dark red silk smoking robe
<on feet> a soft pair of velvet lounge slippers
<on face> a long smoking cigar (illuminating)
<held> a 35 carat heart shaped diamond engagement ring
<held> a pair of shiney metal balls

?
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:20 pm

Sesexe wrote:[<held> a pair of shiney metal balls

Nope, because if he were really all that great, I'd be the one holding those.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:30 am

Ashiwi wrote:
Sesexe wrote:[<held> a pair of shiney metal balls

Nope, because if he were really all that great, I'd be the one holding those.

Where??
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:57 am

This move put a great big smile on my face! Take that you cross-dressing, curtsying, twirling, 'speaks in a very womanly voice' turd burglars! :P And for the true ladies who play here, ya got ripped off! :(
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:54 am

Thilindel wrote:This move put a great big smile on my face! Take that you cross-dressing, curtsying, twirling, 'speaks in a very womanly voice' turd burglars! :P And for the true ladies who play here, ya got ripped off! :(

For the record, I don't burgle turds, nor have I haver.
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:05 pm

Damn! there goes my theory of Kifle the have hoarder. Who'd think Kifle would have so many haves?! And the lack Burgling of Turds thing is just gonna dissapoint someone. . .maybe Thanuk. .. or someone's mom.

Bwahhaa
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:19 pm

Waelos wrote:Damn! there goes my theory of Kifle the have hoarder. Who'd think Kifle would have so many haves?! And the lack Burgling of Turds thing is just gonna dissapoint someone. . .maybe Thanuk. .. or someone's mom.

Bwahhaa

That's it. Every time I post when it's early morning and I'm tired I make a glaring typo and get made fun of. For the record, I don't hoard haves either...I only have 2 in my bag and I'm using them for a quest. As far as thanuk being disappointed at the lack of turd burgling, I'm sure Larem can pick up what I was supposedly doing.

Return to “Object Changes”