Make more exp zones/turn exp grids into something useful

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Dalar
Sojourner

Make more exp zones/turn exp grids into something useful

Postby Dalar » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:22 am

Getting tired of DS being the only option because that's the only good exp around.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:30 am

Agree.
Vassana
Sojourner

Postby Vassana » Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:05 am

Got to agree. DS is mostly neutral mobs so as a pally it doesnt do me to good. throw some evil mobs in there!

I'm pretty new here, but have taken the time to explore a bit looking for evil mobs that give both a chance for me kill them and some decent xp. I've been to the SSC, Tower, IC, GC spectres, Minotuar OP, Spirit Raven, WD Cemetary, some spots in BG, and of course HP.

Heres my trophy at level 39:

7.2 a large zombie
8.2 a large zombie
7.4 a large zombie
6.5 a large zombie
4.7 the pirate
2.3 a minotaur on guard duty
6.8 the pirate

SSC was good xp at low levels, cemetary took me to 35th, Spirit Raven scummy and greasy pirates, trips to Minotaurs to 39. As you can tell the rewards were not worth the time at most of those places. So three zones to 39 really. I saw HP for the first time and started drooling. But its not much xp really. kind of a waste of a good looking spot with lots of mobs.

Right now I am whittling my way up the monastery.

If you have more ideas for me, toss me a tell in game. :P
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:43 am

Exp is too easy, and there are too many exp zones.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:33 am

Agree gurns, exp is too easy.

Disagree gurns, there are not enough exp zones, there should be mucho variety, spread all over the place.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:18 am

take note that today while i was doing xp with some friends we went to ds there were 5 groups and 2 soloists... later i went to ship there r 3 groups fighting over xp there... left and went to smoke where there we 4 groups trying to get there bits in....

more xp zones would solve this problem if you need someone to code them show me how and ill do it...
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:54 am

no. we have the xp zones already.

problem is that many of them were nerfed to shit during toril 1, and are still nerfed to s hit.

take HP for example. since all the mobs were changed towarrior mobs, there is no reason for the piss-poor xp

how about CV? there's tons more places to xp that no one goes to anymore.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:23 am

All exp places except for ship, smoke, and DS have been nerfed. Right now, DS is the most crowded zone. How to fix this problem?

Put in more warrior mobs in tower and expand the zone. Also change the repop time.

For general exp, add exp bonuses per member added to the group. This actually encourages exp. Also remove the exp cap at low levels. It's screwed up right now. For some reason people level faster 25+ than between 21-24.

Also, let aggro mobs give an exp bonus.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:43 pm

Delmair Aamoren wrote:Agree gurns, exp is too easy.

Disagree gurns, there are not enough exp zones, there should be mucho variety, spread all over the place.

I think folks should get xp by doing real zoning. So, yeah, HP should be xp for folks of mid-levels. Tower should be xp for folks of mid-to-high levels. Jot grid should be, and I think still is, xp for mid-to-high levels. And so on. The equipment reward for a zone is based on difficulty of a zone. Exp reward for every fight should be based on the difficulty of that fight, and every fight should be exp rewarding for a small group of appropriate level folks.

I think exp zones are counterproductive to attracting and keeping interest in the mud. They're boring (ship is the best of them, and has a "real zone" feeling, but it's small). They teach folks how to bot, not how to work in a group. They don't teach anything about where the "real" zones are, how to get to them, how to work through them. They don't teach anything about questing, or RPing, or all the other things this mud has encouraged in the past.

So, they're there as hack n' slash powerups. They're convenient for high level folks, who want to level their 17th alt to 46 in a couple days, rather than taking a week. They're a place to send newbies to "get more levels", rather than having them take some work and some time to learn the mud and to learn to work in a group.
Burpie
Sojourner

Postby Burpie » Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:03 pm

haha, first line of gurns last post made me laugh! You usually need to be 46th+ lvl with all quested spells to be invited to zone. For some people, playing during non-peak hours is the only avail time. I'd like to see sanctuary rooms w/faster healing rate if that were at all possible. Like a sauna or sun room on pirate ship for example. It is the lvl 15-35 range that seems rather difficult to exp in when nobody is around, unless you're more of a solo class. Bards, rogues, warriors and some others get the fun of trying to find a tank or healer.
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:41 pm

I think we did this one:

http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12058

Wasn't all that long ago either.
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:56 pm

Burpie wrote:haha, first line of gurns last post made me laugh! You usually need to be 46th+ lvl with all quested spells to be invited to zone.

Yeah, but that's because the player/level distribution is screwy, and exp zones exacerbate that. If I can take a lvl 46, why bother with a lvl 45? Or a lvl 40. Even though things like Jot used to be done with lvl 40s.

And no one even bothers with most of the zones. HP, where's that? Heck, 6 months ago MD was being done regularly, right? Anybody done it in the last month?

So you make zone exp decent, and you wipe most of the exp zones. Or keep 'em, but dg the exp from pure exp zones. To encourage folks to hit the 180 zones on the mud that are never done anymore. Plenty of room for xp groups of all levels if you've got all that.
Burpie wrote:Bards, rogues, warriors and some others get the fun of trying to find a tank or healer.

Gurns <-- bard. I know all about that.
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:48 am

Gurns, this mud doesn't treasure the old, fun places, it makes the old places literally give nothing better than "treasure" both in xp and eq. Exp has used this scale for the past 5 or 6 years when people "outgrow" a zone and it gets replaced by the next new thing and with the nerfing of items, eq is following in it now too.

Personally, I have never seen the reason to nerf the items and xp of older fun zones just because people get used to them and sit on their lorels having "conquered" them, but supposedly the constant nerfing of their eq and xp spots makes more people want to explore, play more to replace all their new eq turning to crap, and stay around to increase the Pbase. At least in theory.....

Anybody remember shadow grove xp as all aggro fun? When it was then made !aggro,but still decent xp? HP runs? GC Elves? IC tubbies? BS watchers? WD Elites? The xp off these things is completely in line with the crappy nerfed eq they give. To change either, you'd need a huge policy shift from constantly nerfing anything that wasn't the latest l33t fad into making the game appeal to all levels and player types. It ain't gonna happen.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:13 am

make trophy do stuff, lower exp tables... solves everything in the world :P
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:52 pm

Sarell wrote:make trophy do stuff, lower exp tables... solves everything in the world :P

Actually, all it does is make exp harder. Since all the other zones besides the "typical" ones are terrible exp it will just mean that, after you trophy on the typical ones, everything will be terrible exp. That's not a solution.

Go see the thread that was relinked for a lot of the suggestions that were come up with on how to solve the problem.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular.
Colje
Sojourner

Postby Colje » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:04 pm

Burpie wrote:haha, first line of gurns last post made me laugh! You usually need to be 46th+ lvl with all quested spells to be invited to zone. For some people, playing during non-peak hours is the only avail time. I'd like to see sanctuary rooms w/faster healing rate if that were at all possible. Like a sauna or sun room on pirate ship for example. It is the lvl 15-35 range that seems rather difficult to exp in when nobody is around, unless you're more of a solo class. Bards, rogues, warriors and some others get the fun of trying to find a tank or healer.

We got a room like that @wd docks. Go and search for it :)
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:56 pm

torkur wrote:Gurns, this mud doesn't treasure the old, fun places

Exactly. Part of it is the desire for better stuff, which was in only the newest zones, but now decent equip is supposedly now spread across a lot more zones.

Partly 'cause a lot of folks "farm" zones, rather than do them for fun -- you know, learn the way to do it that's quickest, fastest, avoids as many fights as you can, snag the best equip, and leave. There have certainly been times I appreciated that, but I'd also appreciate doing a full zone, taking all the risks, hitting all the mobs. Don't see anyone doing that... Hmm, take that back, saw it once recently, when someone was teaching someone else how to lead a zone. That was fun (although if I hadn't had the time to do it, it woulda sucked, sure).

So with equip more balanced across zones, maybe the gods will address xp balance.

One thing they didn't do with equip -- god, it woulda been horrendous to code -- but they might be able to do with xp is do a continually fluctuating assignment of xp for each mob. Basically, a mud-wide Trophy that worked. Tacked on top of individual trophies. So if you've killed a mob a lot, it ain't worth much. And if it's a mob in a zone that's done All the Time (for whatever reason), that mob ain't worth much xp. Mobs in zones that are never done? They are full xp.

That would be in addition to stripping insane xp from any mob or zone.

This would make it a bit harder for newbies -- folks doing align E of Waterdeep would ruin the xp for the valley. But not enough to worry about, IMO, given how easy xp has become. That's the only newbie zone that gets regularly trompled by high levels, as far as I know.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:02 pm

I'd love to see tower be a viable source of exp again. Lavey used to live there back in the -100ac monk days.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:06 pm

mynazzaraxxsyn wrote:I'd love to see tower be a viable source of exp again. Lavey used to live there back in the -100ac monk days.

Me and Birile used to do 2 man tower and get decent exp. Once we added a rogue for damage it sucked though. So it's still viable, as long as you just 2 man the casters and stay the hell away from the golden warrior:)
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:50 pm

thanuk wrote:
mynazzaraxxsyn wrote:I'd love to see tower be a viable source of exp again. Lavey used to live there back in the -100ac monk days.

Me and Birile used to do 2 man tower and get decent exp. Once we added a rogue for damage it sucked though. So it's still viable, as long as you just 2 man the casters and stay the hell away from the golden warrior:)

So basically its only a viable option if you're one of two classes?
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:52 pm

mynazzaraxxsyn wrote:
thanuk wrote:

So basically its only a viable option if you're one of two classes?

Basically you need to be able to tank and stop casting. Warrior/bard works well. You could probably solo it as a shaman or elementalist if you can land the silence. Antis/paladins could definately solo it, but I wouldn't go charging in there as a squid if I were you:)

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:56 pm

thanuk wrote:I wouldn't go charging in there as a squid if I were you:)

I wasn't planning on trying to solo it. Last time I was able to solo somethign was back at level 15 I think, maybe a little closer to 20.

Up the exp in tower some, make groups want to go there for something other then nostalgia.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:58 pm

mynazzaraxxsyn wrote:
I wasn't planning on trying to solo it. Last time I was able to solo somethign was back at level 15 I think, maybe a little closer to 20.

Up the exp in tower some, make groups want to go there for something other then nostalgia.

Oh, now you're too good to wear shiny golden boots? Feh.

mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:39 pm

thanuk wrote:Oh, now you're too good to wear shiny golden boots? Feh.

!mage
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:42 pm

Isn't this like the 8th thread on the subject or something?

I propose we remove all exp zones, and simply up zoning exp so that you get more than you lose on an average run.

If you think about it, most other game systems do not necessarily have the duality that Soj has with separate exp and zoning.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Arafen
Sojourner

Postby Arafen » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:45 am

Recently i have been checking out other muds for ideas on toril .. there is a mud lordsoftherealm.com 1234 that is very strange but all in the same, has great idea .. why not add in remort (reset to low levels so you can max out stats), lower stats on ur first "try" with ur character .. and make higher level xp zones .. you never see anyone fighting many demons or satan or something .. just an idea .. for example

at best .. all stats be at 75 .. but after you remort the first time .. they hit 80-85 and so on ..

also a good idea was have ranks in the house based on how many time a person has remorted . .there are levels lie apprentice, champion, knight lieutenant .. *shrug*. Just a few ideas .. go check it out and send a reply

--------------------------
Arafen Glacieren (retired)
--------------------------
Bopilible
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:34 pm

It's pretty simple folks...
Solving all the exp related problems:

1) Drop the exps in any zone built specifically for exping by 80%. They have no danger, you learn nothing, and you can use a bot and sleep and come back with a few levels.
2) Up the exps in non-exp zones considerably...so they are much better then any comparable level mob in a exp zone.
3) Make the penalty on trophy FAR more severe, The fastest way from level 1-50 is staying in DS the entire time, something is so broken with that. Anytime a mob actually appears on your trophy you should be getting less than 10% for it till it drops off.

Try typing ‘credits’ sometime, there are zones built for all sorts of levels, you don’t have to be ‘46+ with good gear’ to zone. I feel bad for the folks who created (or wants to create) anything but a 50+ zone or exp zone because with the current screwed up system all anyone does nowdays is stay in an exp zone till 46, then hits the ‘standard’ zones. Some of the most fun I’ve ever had was when the whole group was in the 30’s and trying different zones (before eq inflation).
Pheten
Sojourner

Postby Pheten » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:37 pm

belleshel wrote:1) Drop the exps in any zone built specifically for exping by 80%. They have no danger, you learn nothing, and you can use a bot and sleep and come back with a few levels.

Yes you CAN do this, you can also get your ass deleted, or do you mean to say you have been doing this and know from experience?
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:06 pm

Last edited by Sesexe on Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:51 pm

You have to do DS naked? Or there's a good chance of the mud crashing and you don't get any reward at all? Or you lose a lot of xp? Or you have to do it in runs? Um... in DS there's undead hidden stabbers?

I don't see the link :P
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:57 pm

Stamm wrote:You have to do DS naked? Or there's a good chance of the mud crashing and you don't get any reward at all? Or you lose a lot of xp? Or you have to do it in runs? Um... in DS there's undead hidden stabbers?

I don't see the link :P

I think he was referring to massive exp rewards compared to other exp zones just like SPoB has massive eq rewards compared to other eq zones. Definitely a link. However, while everyone's shouting "downgrade SPoB" I think on this end we need to be shouting "upgrade other exp zones."
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:06 pm

Aha.

Now it makes sense.

While I somewhat disagree with the Spob point... and I think too many people have misunderstood the sentiments of others. The reward from doing Spob is fine (as thought by most people), but what concerns people is the plethora of equipment that can be potentially obtained.

DS does seem to be far better xp than anywhere else. Is this a zone flag, or is it because of the type of mobs?

I don't agree with the majority of people who are saying increase xp in zones. What this would achieve is easier life for PCs. What we want to achive is a variety of places to level up.

Be aware that people asking for zones that provide equipment to provide xp are asking for xp to be made easier. And as xp is made easier the achievement is made less. Although Belleshel did have a fairly good idea about evening that out.

What other zones are there apart from DS that could be done for xp if the reward was there? Smoke, Pship, Meilech, Smoke.. actually quite a few.. I was going to make a point that there wasn't any alternative to DS, but I'm wrong there.
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:16 pm

Pheten wrote:
belleshel wrote:1) Drop the exps in any zone built specifically for exping by 80%. They have no danger, you learn nothing, and you can use a bot and sleep and come back with a few levels.

Yes you CAN do this, you can also get your ass deleted, or do you mean to say you have been doing this and know from experience?

Yah right, how often is someone caught for this?

My point is that exp now requires zero thought/effort. Forcing someone to actually use non-exp zones would require them to learn a little about the mud, the class they play, how to zone.
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:49 pm

belleshel wrote:
Pheten wrote:

Yah right, how often is someone caught for this?

My point is that exp now requires zero thought/effort. Forcing someone to actually use non-exp zones would require them to learn a little about the mud, the class they play, how to zone.

I agree wholeheartedly. I could easily create a bot that I could run at work to clear DS for me every pop and just have it page me if anyone ever told me or said anything so I could respond appropriately. The fact that this is possible at all just shows how worthless exp is on this mud. It teaches you nothing and provides nothing except a massive time sink.

And how the heck is exp 'achievement' anyway? There's no difficulty involved, all exp becomes is a way to measure how much time you've spent leveling. It's really just silly. I personally think the way exp is assigned needs to be looked at in a far more drastic manner, but that isn't the point of this thread I suppose, and our comments on new ways to exp were never responded to in the other thread.

And, no, zone exp doesn't have to make exp easier, it depends on how it's done. One of my ideas in the old exp thread was to ratchet up trophy a whole lot so that primarily only new mobs provide experience, so doing brass ten times won't level anyone. If the system were configured correctly, you could almost force someone to do 50% or more of the zones their level, at every step in the levelling process, before they could become level 50. If you wanted to go to a non-standard exp system you could actually quite easily force that to happen.

Doesn't forcing someone to have done 50% of the zones on the MUD before they hit 50 make more sense than forcing them to spend hundreds of hours in DS? The exp would be more interesting AND people would learn more. Heaven forbid that exp teach us something and be... interesting! Ack!
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:38 pm

Last edited by Sesexe on Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:57 pm

Sesexe wrote: Right now, you can fall off the top of the WD gates and land in DS with no aggros in the way. WTF?

That's right, DS should be at least as hard to find as DK exp is.
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:07 pm

I kinda miss the old days. Xp should be as hard as it was waaaaaaayyyy back when. No bonuses for killing classed mobs, no real xp zones, no DS, no Smoke, only Wizzies. Back when getting level 50 actually hard.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:09 pm

Last edited by Sesexe on Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:40 pm

Sesexe wrote:I like smoke plane. Why? Because you atleast need a gater to help you get there. I'd like to see DS MOVED to someplace harder to find and get to. Right now, you can fall off the top of the WD gates and land in DS with no aggros in the way. WTF?

Yeah smoke plane is great. It's a really long walk to find someone with gate, because gate is such a hard spell to quest. Plus there's tons of aggro mobs running around to make it challenging. Plus melee is really useful there. Oh wait, the exact opposite of all that is true. Smoke is probably the ONLY exp zone in the whole game that is actually EASIER to get to than DS. Good try though, maybe next time.
Sesexe wrote:Too many people don't know how to find their way around on this mud, and zones like this are part of the problem. Did we so quickly forget WHY we made WD and BG elite guards !exp places?

Because back then level 50 used to mean something, and there were 400 people on at a time who all fought to kill the same 10 exp mobs. I think its pretty obvious that the mud has given up on the whole "exp should be hard" thing.
Sesexe wrote:Stick DS behind some vines and a level restricted portal like UM all the way out by ZK, we'll see how much use it then gets, and also how much use the zones between it and HT's would now get.

Should take all of 5 minutes before someone starts idling outside the door as a well/relocate target. Then its just a walk through the deadly smoke plane and viola. But then melee wouldn't be able to do it without completely depending on casters, so it would fit in well with the general theme of the mud.

Sesexe wrote:Bingo. DS needs to have a degree of difficulty associated with it as SPoB does. If not, it needs to be downgraded to be more in line with current established exp zones because of the ease of kills and the close location of the zone.

DS already has the same degree of difficulty as SPoB does now. There's no risk and huge rewards. Seems like you already have what you're looking for.

Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:15 pm

Last edited by Sesexe on Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:41 pm

Sesexe wrote:Smoke requires a gate so you can’t be under level 20, a form of fly, PFG in some way, and if you flee badly in some places you have a nasty CR in a hostile zone. Might be easy for some folks, but this isn’t always the case with everyone. Good try though, maybe next time yourself. So one of your points here is how you don’ t need a caster to do this. Well ok then..

No, the point was that you don't need a caster to do DS (hooray for bards!). Everyone knows smoke is a caster only exp zone, i don't know of one melee character who ever exped there for a serious amount of time. But you're saying DS should be hard to get to like smoke, while smoke is the easiest place in the world to get to. It just doesn't make sense.

Sesexe wrote:If this is the case then why hasn’t justice been removed from WD elites, making it a viable exp grid again, and BG gate guards not changed back? DS is without a question the best exp grid in the game. I’m not talking about making exp hard, I’m talking about putting in a degree of difficulty to GET TO the exp to do it. Other people suggested making the actual EXP harder to do, I was arguing against this point, not for it. I thought I was being clear about that? So now we have 50 people fighting for the same 10 exp mobs now with DS, but not before it.

#1. You can still do lighthouse elites for exp.
#2. There's other places to go than DS for exp. DS may be better overall, but I'll take an empty ship over 2 kills a pop in DS any time.
Sesexe wrote:Dependant upon casters, you mean like smoke is? What is your point exactly? Getting TO the exp makes you dependant on casters or DOING the exp makes you dependant on casters? Or doesn’t it? Well, which is it? Coulda sworn if DS was out by ZK even as an !mage you could RUN THERE. Have your warrior skills evolved so far that you are now able to run to smoke nukk?

To run to smoke, all i have to do is log in, go 1d from the inn and say "gate smoke please". But again, the point was you can do DS without a caster, not that you could do smoke without one.

Sesexe wrote:I have no idea how this makes any sense. DS has no difficulty. What in gods name are you talking about? :P

SPoB has no difficulty. OH NO WE ALL SPANKED! NOW WE HAVE TO GO IN NAKED TO CR!! Just like you went in naked to start the zone in the first place. Real hard. Real risky. Just like DS.
Sesexe wrote:For the record:
It doesn’t bother me personally at all to walk to DS. I like the walk. I often explore little zonelets along the way and find new and interesting things some times. This is why I think DS should be moved out near ZK. Not every exp zone. Not Ship. Not Tower. Just DS. Because DS is grossly out of balance compared to all the other esteablished exp zones. The End.

This thread has become as useless and retarded as the goods/evils 2 spots below it. I give up.

This thread was useless the second it was started. Last year ppl bitched about how easy smoke exp was. So they lowered smoke exp a little and added DS. Same thing happened to ship before smoke came in. Same thing happened to elites before ship came in. Same thing happened to tower before people started doing bg elites. You've been around long enough to see the trend.

Moving DS won't solve anything. Downgrading the exp there will just annoy people, and will only last until the next exp zone gets added. Might as well just leave it alone. I personally think the mobs should hit a little harder, but otherwise its an excercise in futility.

thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:01 pm

othelil wrote: ratchet up trophy a whole lot so that primarily only new mobs provide experience, so doing brass ten times won't level anyone. If the system were configured correctly, you could almost force someone to do 50% or more of the zones their level, at every step in the levelling process, before they could become level 50.

This is probably the only idea in the thread worth any serious consideration. And it came from Othelil. *shudder*

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:30 am

Hyldryn wrote:I kinda miss the old days. Xp should be as hard as it was waaaaaaayyyy back when. No bonuses for killing classed mobs, no real xp zones, no DS, no Smoke, only Wizzies. Back when getting level 50 actually hard.

Wizzies was hella easier than DS or smoke. So is lighthouse/wall elites. Basically, exping is harder now!

Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:50 am

fer me harder = takes longer
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:42 pm

Dalar wrote:
Hyldryn wrote:I kinda miss the old days. Xp should be as hard as it was waaaaaaayyyy back when. No bonuses for killing classed mobs, no real xp zones, no DS, no Smoke, only Wizzies. Back when getting level 50 actually hard.

Wizzies was hella easier than DS or smoke. So is lighthouse/wall elites. Basically, exping is harder now!

How do you figure? People actually spanked on wizzies, you have to be brain-dead to spank on DS/Smoke.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:45 pm

Yea and you have to be careless to spank on wizzies. Either way, they're both really easy.

belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:12 pm

Wizzies actually track, and cast spells that could hurt, the require more spells usually...

"Wizzies was hella easier than DS or smoke. So is lighthouse/wall elites. Basically, exping is harder now!"

Is totally wrong.

Anyway nerf DS already! a place like demi should be worth far more than DS ever could be. WD elites actually were a lot more difficult then DS in case you got a bad pop.

"Let's please remember why we have exp zones in the first place. To allow players who don't have the classes or the people to do zones to atleast do something. "

This is what the exp grids are supposed to be for...not as a reliable place to gate down too.
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:29 pm

thanuk wrote:
othelil wrote: ratchet up trophy a whole lot so that primarily only new mobs provide experience, so doing brass ten times won't level anyone. If the system were configured correctly, you could almost force someone to do 50% or more of the zones their level, at every step in the levelling process, before they could become level 50.

This is probably the only idea in the thread worth any serious consideration. And it came from Othelil. *shudder*

*checks to see if Hell froze over*
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:04 pm

belleshel wrote:Wizzies actually track, and cast spells that could hurt, the require more spells usually...

Rofl yeah till you let them track you to the peace room that they couldn't cast spells in, what was that 1w of where they were in the first place? Ooooooo hard:)
belleshel wrote:"Wizzies was hella easier than DS or smoke. So is lighthouse/wall elites. Basically, exping is harder now!"

Is totally wrong.

Anyway nerf DS already! a place like demi should be worth far more than DS ever could be. WD elites actually were a lot more difficult then DS in case you got a bad pop.

Elites were only hard if you dropped your flaming stiletto. GLARE MIKAR
Belleshel wrote:"Let's please remember why we have exp zones in the first place. To allow players who don't have the classes or the people to do zones to atleast do something. "

This is what the exp grids are supposed to be for...not as a reliable place to gate down too.

If you gotta nerf it, then just make it a midlevel exp zone. It's a nice little zonelet, would be a great place to grind out that 26-40ish levels and save everyone the trek to ice crag.

BTW, When the next xp zone comes in, im just gonna start a thread the day before it goes live so that we can save ourselves some time.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:46 pm

did you do wizzies without a basher or something? wizzies exists in a different form on this mud and it's STILL easy as hell. a lvl 42+ battlechanter/troll warrior could do it. that's how easy it is. we couldn't do DS because they deal too much damage for that combo.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”