The BBS world in a nutshell... roll carefully.

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Iaiken Toransier
Sojourner

The BBS world in a nutshell... roll carefully.

Postby Iaiken Toransier » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:08 pm

Monte cook is great...

http://montecook.com/lineos.html

[edit]I think it would be kinda neat and informative if everyone who replied to this thread, listed the numbers that represent the bbs persona's of each person above. I find most of them pretty relavent to this BBS. I also think it would be pretty neat to find out what people thought of you, Or even just for jokes.

Daz would be an even 100.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:24 am

Mori is a necro...definately

Daz is the quickling

Cherzra was a gargoyle

Nokie the Ravid
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:10 am

nice sig kifle. that was one of the best trigger abuses I've ever done.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:16 am

Caedym/Teyaha = Chaos Beasts about 2 months ago.
Moritheil = Green Slime. Look at his post count!
Jazdak = Otyugh
Thanuk = First-level dude
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:56 pm

dartan=harpy

btw your wrong

Thanuk=roper
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Dranix/Straxin
Sojourner

Postby Dranix/Straxin » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:50 pm

Kifle = Mimic

Mimic. The danger of this monster is that it's not what it appears. Sometimes, it poses as a woman in a discussion dominated by men. Other times, it pretends to have credentials and experience that it does not actually have to make it sound important. Most mimics aren't as good as they think they are, though, and you can see through the disguise. CR 4.
Fotex ASSOC:: 'something's gay here'
Inama ASSOC:: 'its a maxler group, there's a whole lot of gay :('
Lazus group-says 'if you saw me naked, you wouldn't be so impressed methinks'
Rylan ASSOC:: 'the only thing that hurts is my butt'
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:01 pm

Well According to the BBS Monster Manual..

Daz Quickling. This monster's sole goal in life is to post new information, no matter how minor or irrelevant, before anyone else. Not dangerous, but sometimes annoying. CR 1.

Othelil Carrion Crawler. This guy picks apart others' posts with his many tentacles, line by line, sometimes word by word, pointing out every flaw (big or little) that he can. He makes his one argument seem like many. CR 4.

Ashiwi Commoner. This is, well, most of us. We post a bit, try to stay out of flame wars, and mostly just watch all the other types battle it out. CR 0.

Gura Harpy. This creature only says negative things, period. CR 5.

Dalar Green Slime. Like the phosphorescent fungi, this poster is always around. However, it does present a threat, because it spreads. This poster feels the need to respond to every message. CR 1.

Ambar Crusading Ogre. This encounter is dangerous because of the creature's ability to bowl over others. The crusading ogre's got an agenda and will barge into any discussion, no matter how unrelated, to turn it into a diatribe about that agenda. Politics, religion, operating systems -- the agendas of the crusading ogres are many and varied. CR 8.

Iaiken Commoner. This is, well, most of us. We post a bit, try to stay out of flame wars, and mostly just watch all the other types battle it out. CR 0.

Gormal Commoner. This is, well, most of us. We post a bit, try to stay out of flame wars, and mostly just watch all the other types battle it out. CR 0.

Todrael Champion. This guy chooses a thing or a person to champion. In some ways, this encounter is similar to the zombie, but the champion doesn't just blindly agree with everything. He presents well-reasoned viewpoints to defend that which he champions. Can easily turn into a crusading ogre, though, so watch out. CR 7.

Ace Commoner. This is, well, most of us. We post a bit, try to stay out of flame wars, and mostly just watch all the other types battle it out. CR 0.

Thanuk Roper. This guy's always dragging things off topic. Sometimes it's just to tell a lame joke, sometimes it's to make an unrelated point or just to cause trouble (a roper with an agenda is a crusading ogre). CR 8.

Mynazzaraxxsyn Roper. This guy's always dragging things off topic. Sometimes it's just to tell a lame joke, sometimes it's to make an unrelated point or just to cause trouble (a roper with an agenda is a crusading ogre). CR 8.

Yasden Ravid. This entertaining, very rare poster brings life to many discussions with a delightful sense of humor or an intriguing outlook. Less of a wandering monster and more of a treasure. There's a fine line between a ravid and a chaos beast, though, or even green slime or a roper.

Moritheil Phosphorescent Fungi. Not really a danger or evil, it's just always around. This is the poster who never seems to be offline. CR 0.

Vahok Zombie. This wandering monster attaches itself to another poster and agrees with whatever that poster writes and defends that poster when he or she's not around. Sometimes, rather than another poster, the zombie latches on to a thing (like a TV show) or to a celebrity (like Stephen King). CR 1.

Orku Orc. This humanoid would be fine if he just gave his posts some thought ahead of time, read the FAQ, used a spellchecker, and/or didn't post in all caps. CR 1.

Caedym Cuckoo. This poster draws attention to himself or herself, willingly or unwillingly, because he or she is different. Perhaps it's a woman in a discussion group dominated by men, or a staunch Republican posting on a board devoted to liberal ideas. Beware, however, for cuckoos are often mimics or gargoyles in disguise. When they are not, they are usually peaceful and good. CR 3.

Pheten Orc. This humanoid would be fine if he just gave his posts some thought ahead of time, read the FAQ, used a spellchecker, and/or didn't post in all caps. CR 1.

Ragorn Champion. This guy chooses a thing or a person to champion. In some ways, this encounter is similar to the zombie, but the champion doesn't just blindly agree with everything. He presents well-reasoned viewpoints to defend that which he champions. Can easily turn into a crusading ogre, though, so watch out. CR 7.

Nokie Ravid. This entertaining, very rare poster brings life to many discussions with a delightful sense of humor or an intriguing outlook. Less of a wandering monster and more of a treasure. There's a fine line between a ravid and a chaos beast, though, or even green slime or a roper.

Mitharx Kobold. This foe is able to make only very small attacks, pointing out flaws in others' punctuation or spelling. CR 1/2.

Kifle Mimic. The danger of this monster is that it's not what it appears. Sometimes, it poses as a woman in a discussion dominated by men. Other times, it pretends to have credentials and experience that it does not actually have to make it sound important. Most mimics aren't as good as they think they are, though, and you can see through the disguise. CR 4.

Gurns Ravid. This entertaining, very rare poster brings life to many discussions with a delightful sense of humor or an intriguing outlook. Less of a wandering monster and more of a treasure. There's a fine line between a ravid and a chaos beast, though, or even green slime or a roper.

Sylvos Commoner. This is, well, most of us. We post a bit, try to stay out of flame wars, and mostly just watch all the other types battle it out. CR 0.

Salen Gargoyle. This poster sits and waits. The odd thing is, he sits and waits in a forum discussing something he doesn't like. So he sits and waits for any excuse to chime in with a quick snide remark about what he doesn't like about it, or why something he does like is better. CR 5.

Tuga Commoner. This is, well, most of us. We post a bit, try to stay out of flame wars, and mostly just watch all the other types battle it out. CR 0.

Kiryan Necromancer. Never wanting to let anything die, this poster keeps bringing up old issues long thought dead. No thread, argument, or flame war ever really ends with a necromancer around. CR 9.

Teyaha Dire Boar. This guy just likes to argue. He doesn't care about the topic -- you name it, and he'll oppose it just to argue. CR 4.

Rylan Commoner. This is, well, most of us. We post a bit, try to stay out of flame wars, and mostly just watch all the other types battle it out. CR 0.

Yayaril Phosphorescent Fungi. Not really a danger or evil, it's just always around. This is the poster who never seems to be offline. CR 0.

Old Depok Disappointed Harpy. A variant harpy, this poster says something positive, but makes it clear that he doesn't really want to be doing so. "This actually didn't suck," he'll write, or he'll point out that something isn't as terrible as the other things of its kind. CR 6.

Amolol .Sigmund the Sea Monster. This is the guy who's .sig file is longer than not just his own post, but the post he's replying to (copied in the message) as well. Annoying but not dangerous. CR 1.

Cherzra Otyugh. Everything this guy posts is a waste. He is crude, rude, and tactless. CR 3.

Llaaldara/Sesexe Wolf in Sheep's Clothing. This monster tries to look harmless, but isn't. She says the meanest, most insulting, condescending things, but then ends each attack with a smiley-face icon. CR 5.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:31 pm

Awww... no one did me. :(

But shouldn't Moritheil be a necro? I mean, he's the one who always revives topics after they've been dead for months...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:39 pm

gee thanks ohwell live with it.... i may or maynot change it im not sure noone sends me those whitty or cool tells to put on my sig so... um yea
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:51 am

MUST EAT BRAINS!
Meatshield
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:49 pm

Sesexe wrote:. . .

-insert line by line analysis here-

I'm a reformed crawler dag nabbit ;)
(mostly)
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:36 pm

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Noone knows what I am ;) Watch the opinions fly!

And how come Nokie isn't a fungus?! He's a Myconid!
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:44 am

Sesexe wrote:Thanuk Roper. This guy's always dragging things off topic. Sometimes it's just to tell a lame joke, sometimes it's to make an unrelated point or just to cause trouble (a roper with an agenda is a crusading ogre). CR 8.

Mynazzaraxxsyn Roper. This guy's always dragging things off topic. Sometimes it's just to tell a lame joke, sometimes it's to make an unrelated point or just to cause trouble (a roper with an agenda is a crusading ogre). CR 8.

Rofl yeah thats us.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:19 pm

moritheil wrote:AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Noone knows what I am ;) Watch the opinions fly!

And how come Nokie isn't a fungus?! He's a Myconid!

Read the BBS Monster Manual again Mori, you've been there the whole time! Funny you'd skip your own name :)
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!

Return to “General Discussion Archive”