evils and goods!

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Gura
Sojourner

evils and goods!

Postby Gura » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:22 am

how about giving us the opportunity to group goodraced chars with evils but give us restrictions with it. like for example we couldnt group with anyone of good alignment and we couldnt have more than 2 or 3 goodraces in our group...i dunno just a thought seeing as the evilpbase poofed again. another idea: decrease xp for evilraces by 1/4 or somethin to promote some wanks to roll one. again just a thought since our pbase is hurtin once more.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:01 am

8)

The sooner all the ebils make goodies and ditch their pathetic races, the better.
Salen
Sojourner

Re: evils and goods!

Postby Salen » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:28 pm

Gura wrote: another idea: decrease xp for evilraces by 1/4 or somethin to promote some wanks to roll one. again just a thought since our pbase is hurtin once more.

Perhaps this has something to do with people not rolling evils?

Might also explain the response to Sesexe's poll.
Dalar
Sojourner

Re: evils and goods!

Postby Dalar » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:52 pm

Salen wrote:
Gura wrote: another idea: decrease xp for evilraces by 1/4 or somethin to promote some wanks to roll one. again just a thought since our pbase is hurtin once more.

Perhaps this has something to do with people not rolling evils?

Might also explain the response to Sesexe's poll.

huh? the majority just doesn't like evilrace players' attitudes.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:48 am

Last edited by Sesexe on Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:54 am

Whatever it is. It's certainly not due to lack of effort from you :P
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:46 am

when was the last time u said you would come and zone sesexe? oops there's my negative side again!
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Tuga
Sojourner

Postby Tuga » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:50 am

I started on Soj3 as a gnome enchanter(level 50)

Well, I've got 2 evils that i like to play ( a level 46 rogue(Tilsena) and level 40 warrior(Duga) ) none of them ever get to go zoning which makes me ask meself 'Why the hell did i waste time xping these guys for?'
But i keep at and one day maybe i'll be asked often ;)

Cheerz
Tuga the Sunless Troll
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:38 am

See, there's the major problem with getting goodies to come play evil. They roll an evil as a "fun" character. Only problem is, we already have a ton of rogues and warriors and dire raiders and etc. What we need in order to zone are clerics and shamans and to a lesser extent, enchanters.

Also, Goodies dont want to play evils because they have more fun as goodies and dont like evil attitudes. And since there's no real newbie influx to the game, there's no way evils are going to be getting a decent pbase unless old people come back to play.

And getting an evil population to play is sadly something that the staff have already done about as much as they can do without upsetting the other side of the coin.

The only things they could fix would be to make Ultravision not have such drawbacks at low levels, and making it somewhat easier to get out of evil Hometowns like Hyssk and Ghore, as well as removing the WB area from between DK and GH. That would probably help what VERY few newbies come to the game to at least try evils before going and rolling a ranger.

I'm personally against making playing evils easier, (except for changing ultravision slightly), but I suppose if we want newbies to play them, something's gotta give.

Of course, that new newbie zone/tutorial being put in would be good too.
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:39 am

SomeEvil tells you 'goes to Thanuk, for his impersonation of, YOUR MOM!'

I don't know who SomeEvil is, but man he's funny!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:52 am

I personally love evils .. I love the intensity and I love the hardcore drive in both zones and xp groups ...

Yes the attitudes are harsher but I think that's a vital part of evil grouping, and a throwback to when it was so less easy to get groups ... ie: pre-snakes, pre-drow, etc .. when all evils had were trolls, ogres, and duergars ... If you take the time to get to know us ... we arent all that bad ... we are just people behind the keys just like goodies are :)

Do evils and goodies need to be allowed to group? I dunno .. I really enjoyed that aspect of Homeland ... it allowed me to get to know some people I had only known before by name ... for RP aspects on Torilmud ... who knows ...

I love having both evil and good characters .. I can bounce back and forth to play either .. and most people know to call on me as either good or evil to go adventure ... I mud for the fun of it and the people ... and I will remain here until I stop having fun ...

anyway .. Peace out ..

-love you all..

-jen
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:12 am

Good point Ambar. I think the same problem is encountered on both sides. It's breaking into the evil or good community that make the game really frusterating. I found that I was quickly accepted and had little problems getting xp groups. The evil helpers were really great.

I think the same attitude gets passed around too. Someone not knowing thanuk or yaya may not know their style and think they're complete bastads, but once you get to know them you think they're really cool. Probably the same thing with evils. Problem is: there tends to be more goodie newbies around to group with and get a "foot in the door." Sheer numbers gives goodies an advantage in this area.

I hate to say it, but I think many many evils would have to make an extreme effort to be very nice for quite a while in order to get the pbase up to descent levels. If you think that doesn't matter, I think you're wrong. Also, I think he work the helpers are doing now is helping. I've seen a slight increase in evils from time to time. It's cool for them and what-not.

Do evils really wanna go through all the BS of going the extra mile to make sure a newbie stays around? Some do, some don't.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:17 pm

I have found that it was harder to get groups as a little goodie until I said *I'm Ambar you dork* (my elementalist is now lvl 45). As an evil who has a shitload of characters, I never found it hard to get groups without saying my prime's name.

I spent 4+ years as a goodie, a half-elf druid named Shalia and was NEVER accepted. I rolled my first (SERIOUS) evil on Soj3 and was immediately accepted ... does that make me an asshole??? Hope not:P

I just see this problem across the board, both evils and goodies, but as Mith said, the evil pbase is lower so it is more obvious ... plus the fact when a known goodie rolls an evil he becomes out of his comfort zone ... it is a whole new way of grouping and zoning when you take the ultravision people into account ... I remember Raburi's first trip to jot when he had to deal with that.

I also think if we let evils/goodies group, that troll warriors and troll regen would soon outshadow godie tanks ... except in areas where fire spells are an issue.

-Italian Proverb
Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:55 pm

IMHO, I think you can relate the seperation of evils and goods to what you see in schools, clicks. It's all in who you run with, get along with. Personally, I've played an evil off and on since I got here in 95, but actually haven't played one for about a year now. I was all about joining the evil side, rolled up a cleric and a chanter, started leveling them up, even joined blood raiders for a few weeks. Then real life took a nasty swing at me, put my grandmother in the hospital, and I lost my job, so had to devote most of my time to finding a new job. Well, I proceeded to get cussed out next time i logged on because I wasn't logged on for around a week when this all went down. F*** that.

Which would you rather hear in this case? And granted they didn't have an explanation at the time, but who's going to think about the mud when family is ill and you have to find a job.

Evil response: "Where the f*** have you been? If you think you're going to be a part of this guild, and play with us, we need you to f***ing commit some time and not be logging in whenever you feel like it. F*** that. Don't do it again ass or you're out."

Good response: (what I get from my current guild) OMG, where have you been man? OMFG, she's in the hospital? She ok? Sorry to hear that man. If you need anything, let us know.

Which would you prefer?
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:58 pm

Cordan wrote:Which would you prefer?

"Where the f*** have you been? If you think you're going to be a part of this guild, and play with us, we need you to f***ing commit some time and not be logging in whenever you feel like it. F*** that. Don't do it again ass or you're out."

But maybe, that's why I'm an evil still.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:14 pm

I'll be nice and edit this :P
Last edited by Cordan on Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pheten
Sojourner

Postby Pheten » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:27 pm

mynazzaraxxsyn wrote:

"Where the f*** have you been? If you think you're going to be a part of this guild, and play with us, we need you to f***ing commit some time and not be logging in whenever you feel like it. F*** that. Don't do it again ass or you're out."

And hence, we have come full circle why most people never stick with evils after meeting some of the people who play them.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:53 pm

Pheten wrote:
mynazzaraxxsyn wrote:

And hence, we have come full circle why most people never stick with evils after meeting some of the people who play them.

It was a JOKE ... jesus!

-Italian Proverb
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:54 pm

damn when I was in CC i had a blast. evils were good back then. not now
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:20 pm

So I'm evil of the month? woohoo!
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:23 pm

That's why it's wrong Ambar. Did either of you bother to read the circumstances behind any of that encounter? He knew why I hadn't been on. He understood that it was a family/personal emergency. Yet he still gave me that crap. You don't joke about crap like that with my family. If I had heard that crap in person, he'd be on the ground and my knuckles would be sore.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:28 pm

Once again you have to get to know people ... he is one of my favorites ... he tends to joke about EVERYTHING ... so you had a bad experience with ONE person ... doesnt mean EVERYONE is that way ... i know PLENTY of goodies who do the same thing to try to cheer you up ... far as your old guild ... well that was pretty uncool .. and i dunno of any other guild who would have done that ....

-Italian Proverb
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:37 pm

I recently rolled an evil shaman but decided that the pray times for evil race shaman sucked compared to barbarian and the prospect of spending the extra time praying while exping was not worth it.

Also, the interactions I have had with some evils has turned me off wanting to be part of that community. While I have had some really good interactions with some very nice evil players, the community is too small to avoid having to deal with the ones that I would prefer not to have to deal with.

The people that I don't want to deal with on the goodie side are a small portion of the population and I can easily not have to interact with them.

That is the issue I have seen with the evil pbase. Cordan's post is an excellent example of the attitude I would just as soon avoid. Not worth it.

Our guild has had periods when players have been inactive. When they log on we are still happy to see them. Even when we have had to unguild someone because of ptime issues, we are more sad than anything else.

That is the difference. We appreciate the fact that the people we play with come to play with us.
Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:38 pm

Now I'm in NS, and I love it. We take care of each other, help each other out with stuff, and we understand that RL, as crappy as it is, overrules the mud. We don't joke about serious RL situations, even if we personally think it IS funny. It's rude and insulting, and is a sure way to piss someone off. The person I had the run in with was looked up to and respected by a lot of evils, so I got a pretty good idea of the ride I was in for. So I got off that bus, and boarded another. I don't think he even plays anymore, and I'm not sure of the current situation with the evils, and haven't bothered to find out. Maybe I will, because I loved the hometowns, the races, the classes, the eq, it was all awesome. I just couldn't abide by how rude some people were. I can't stand some people on the goodie side that are like that either, but I have yet to have any goodie ever talk to me like that.
Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:40 pm

old depok wrote:I recently rolled an evil shaman but decided that the pray times for evil race shaman sucked compared to barbarian and the prospect of spending the extra time praying while exping was not worth it.

Also, the interactions I have had with some evils has turned me off wanting to be part of that community. While I have had some really good interactions with some very nice evil players, the community is too small to avoid having to deal with the ones that I would prefer not to have to deal with.

The people that I don't want to deal with on the goodie side are a small portion of the population and I can easily not have to interact with them.

That is the issue I have seen with the evil pbase. Cordan's post is an excellent example of the attitude I would just as soon avoid. Not worth it.

Our guild has had periods when players have been inactive. When they log on we are still happy to see them. Even when we have had to unguild someone because of ptime issues, we are more sad than anything else.

That is the difference. We appreciate the fact that the people we play with come to play with us.

Amen. Depok puts it so much better than I do. Heh.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:53 pm

old depok wrote:I recently rolled an evil shaman but decided that the pray times for evil race shaman sucked compared to barbarian and the prospect of spending the extra time praying while exping was not worth it.

Evil shaman is +style ... worth it in the longrun

Go go gadget OGRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe i cant even fathom rolling a shaman who isnt ogre

-= Ambar "Sits on ass memming" =-

-Italian Proverb
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:05 pm

I haven't had any issues with players on the evilside. Reason I haven't done anything with the... 3? evils I've rolled is the sheer tedium of leveling up again. I don't transfer equipment between characters so I'm working off of hand-me-downs. I haven't tried to drop my name around to get groups; I dunno just not my style. Maybe it would have netted me some more exp groups that way.

But basically, exp sucks and more often than not, there just isn't enough people around to make the experience of logging into a Multi-User game interesting on the darkside.
Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:44 pm

Didn't mean to hijack the thread Gura. Talked with Ambar some and well, past is past. That really was a long time ago. Didn't mean to go off on ya Mynazzaraxxsyn.

We've seen the reasons most people have posted, and I'd say that I agree. However something along the line of Gura's suggestion would probably be good for several reasons.

-Goodies get used to hard nosed natured evils if they group with them more with their main chars
-Evils we be able to zone more regularly
-Some evils and goodies might even make good friends, and goodies roll up evil chars to play more seriously.

The only thing that might be bad is if goodies and evils start grouping, fights insue over disagreements on the way things are run, and seperation becomes greater than it is now. I don't really see that happening, if both sides can learn to respect a zone leaders decisions when zoning.

Otherwise, it's all a plus.

One other reason goodies don't go evil.... The damn names of squids.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:48 pm

Cordan wrote:The only thing that might be bad is if goodies and evils start grouping, fights insue over disagreements on the way things are run, and seperation becomes greater than it is now. I don't really see that happening, if both sides can learn to respect a zone leaders decisions when zoning.

That wouldn't happen. Either evils do it the goodie way or we stuff you back in your f**kin caves, groupless where you belong.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:38 pm

Cordan wrote:One other reason goodies don't go evil.... The damn names of squids.

tab complete babbbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyy

same with elf and gnome names :P

-Italian Proverb
Guw
Sojourner

Postby Guw » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:19 pm

There's been a noticable drop in evil playerbase since the eq changes went in (I'm not saying that's cause and effect, although it's possible)

Have goodie playbase numbers increased/decreased/stayed constant since the changes went in?

Is it possible that a bunch have goodies playing evil, have gone back to goodie to re-equip/weather the storm?

ps. your magazine is great Sesexe, and is appreciated.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:24 pm

can we get some imm feedback? just curious as to your thoughts..ideas..updates whateva.

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:38 pm

So, asking as a good-aligned rogue, if goods and evils are allowed to group together, except for good aligned players, do you think anybody will be left out the way they used to be when there were restrictions like the ones between paladins and evil goodraces? If this were allowed, I don't think I could see any more reason at all for players to try to maintain a good alignment. Just the opposite, all would be encouraged to go neutral or evil, because good alignment would only limit your groupability.

Group-leader says "Oh hey, we can group this squid, he's available!"
Ashiwi fidgets uncomfortably.
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:55 pm

I posted in the other topic, but I'll toss in 2 copper here as well.

I do enjoy evils. I don't "advertise" my alts, but with my ogre's name it is noticable. Problem I have honestly is this...the limitations on evil races are very frustrating. I had a duegar ellie once..but the WB and dayblind got very annoying (this was pre-spell changes about 8 months? ago). Now, with my ogre..the pray times are ridiculous. I have time to shower, shave, make dinner, wax my car, write a report, groom my fish, spank the monkey..and I'm still not done praying! I honestly didn't wanna go with the more "zonable/player friendly" orc shaman. Plus, when I started, countless evils told me.."Ditch the ogre shaman, they suck, roll an orc or troll."

I wanted to play a big, stupid, fat ogre. So I do accept the fact my pray times are gonna be longer, but this is silly. Also, my fear is, when I do get him zonable, nobody will want him because of the horrible pray times. This is an honest fear, because I wonder if I can keep up with the group healing, stoning, whatever the group needs. Or am I gonna be a giant, fat crutch?

As to the different attitudes...shrug, I can't say I have noticed. Or maybe I take things with a grain of salt. Some leaders lead "tough", others are jokey. Some leaders may have a language barrier, so they may not come across as intended. I do find evils to be very nice in general to lowbies, which is a good thing. I personally, detest the handout method of eq. (my thinking is, you did the same amount of time in zone, you deserve the same chance to win something). But that won't deter me from zoning as an evil either...I just would personally like to know the split method going into it.

Ah heck, their are good and bad points about being an evil. I just prefer goods because I think I'm respected (dreaming!), I have better eq, and I know my role better (warrior, illusionist to priest). But, soon enough, I hope to go zoning with the evils, and see how you pimps do things.
Meatshield
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:01 pm

Oh yeah, read this in another post. I don't like an evil also because my limited knowledge of where I am safe to walk, town aggro me, etc. To be honest, I have no clue on the Underdark and don't wanna die in a horrible spot for an evil to die just to try walking to DS.
Meatshield
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:27 pm

Dizzin wrote:See, there's the major problem with getting goodies to come play evil. They roll an evil as a "fun" character. Only problem is, we already have a ton of rogues and warriors and dire raiders and etc. What we need in order to zone are clerics and shamans and to a lesser extent, enchanters.

I rolled a cleric, got to level 15 with some help from some people I knew, and now anytime I log on, I sit at the fountain for 20 minutes before getting bored and leaving.

Seems like you don't need clerics all that badly.

Ambar wrote:I rolled my first (SERIOUS) evil on Soj3 and was immediately accepted

Could be just me, but most female players that are real females get accepted immediately because of whatever intangibles exist. Just pointing something out.

T
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:31 am

Tasan wrote:Could be just me, but most female players that are real females get accepted immediately because of whatever intangibles exist. Just pointing something out.

T

Jesus I have heard this so many friggin times .. if that were the case then I'd have been accepted as a goodie YEARS ago ...

I admit partially it could have been because I am female at the onset ... but that would have gone by the wayside in zones when I proved myself a shitty player ... Most female players arent serious mudders (barring a few whom I respect greatly .. y'all know who you are)

Guess it helps that i am a shitty player tho ... noone wants me in groups cause I am a horrible player .... can't tell you how many times I have gotten asked to dust off my slow memming, stupid Ogre shaman to go zoning ..... that slow, phat ass Ogre shaman is hated by most liked by few ...

Love ya T .. but DAMN

-Italian Proverb
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:19 am

Tasan wrote:
Dizzin wrote:See, there's the major problem with getting goodies to come play evil. They roll an evil as a "fun" character. Only problem is, we already have a ton of rogues and warriors and dire raiders and etc. What we need in order to zone are clerics and shamans and to a lesser extent, enchanters.

I rolled a cleric, got to level 15 with some help from some people I knew, and now anytime I log on, I sit at the fountain for 20 minutes before getting bored and leaving.

Ambar wrote:I rolled my first (SERIOUS) evil on Soj3 and was immediately accepted

Could be just me, but most female players that are real females get accepted immediately because of whatever intangibles exist. Just pointing something out.

T

how do i fit in mrt ? :P
MoM-D
Originally posted by Baikalisan:
There once was a girl named Pinky
Who liked to flash and get kinky
We gave her some cash
She went down in a flash
And made us all squirm like a slinky!
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:27 am

I'm with Ashiwi on this one. If Evil race chars are allowed to group with good with the restrictions posted. . . then, I'm afraid that'll leave even more people (read, all rangers/paladins) out in the cold and push even more people to neutral/evil align. There is already a very large incentive to skip out on good align (the eq is sub par comared to evil (or it was, dont know what it was post changes) and you can miss out on the whole holy/unholy word crap).

Lost.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:56 am

I rolled an orc shaman. After asking a few questions, never getting a response from multiple 'do-gooder' evils, wandering aimlessly trying to find someone, I gave up and went back to Goodieville. An hour of no responses and not seeing anyone was enough for me.

I guess I take the approach that if no one wants to talk to me when I'm little, I don't wanna talk to them when I get big.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:17 am

Salen wrote:I rolled an orc shaman. After asking a few questions, never getting a response from multiple 'do-gooder' evils, wandering aimlessly trying to find someone, I gave up and went back to Goodieville. An hour of no responses and not seeing anyone was enough for me.

I guess I take the approach that if no one wants to talk to me when I'm little, I don't wanna talk to them when I get big.

Thats kinda funny, because i have had the same response from the good side.all ignored, I have quite a few good chars, 1 of them is 40 something, and still gets ignored, except by friends i made when i was evil...
i laugh at threads like this
MoM-D
Originally posted by Baikalisan:
There once was a girl named Pinky
Who liked to flash and get kinky
We gave her some cash
She went down in a flash
And made us all squirm like a slinky!
Ace
Sojourner

Postby Ace » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:19 am

Salen, it isn't that we don't respond on purpose in most cases....it is just that we are always afk and just leave ourselves on to make our popuplation of 5 players seem like more people are on then what really are.

if you ever see me on feel free to track me down, in most cases im pretty useless but i can do things from time to time.

Ace
[48 Elementalist] Acedizaken (Duergar) (RP)
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:41 am

I will guarantee you didn't ask me questions Zoldren. The only way I don't respond is if I went afk and lost it off the top of the screen or afk'd and lost link.

I find it funny that the same answers come up EVERY time there is one of these, and EVERY time it's a case of 'evils aren't like that'. It doesn't matter if you are or not. What matters is, are you perceived like that.

Your #1 Asshole is gone now, but he did enough damage to you (evils in general) to last an entire wipe. I know of a good half dozen 40+ players that left en masse because of him and the people who act the same/ coddled him for fear or personal gain. The catch is, I don't know that many people here, so how many more did your elite few run off?

My experience was different. I specifically avoided NHC and asked questions to 15 or so known to well-known evils, and I got either no response or 'I don't know'. The questions i was asking were Where is stuff at? Cities, shops etc, and Where should I be Xp'ing as a newb?.
I would think that at least a few would know those answers.

Oh well, same old same old.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:49 am

a lot of our population left before the whole incident happened for different reasons so im gonna disagree and say he didnt do much damage to the evil pbase even though that half dozen may have left.

Vassana
Sojourner

Postby Vassana » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:58 am

In regards to the topic of this thread, I dont think evils/goods should be able to group. If the population density on the evil side is really a problem and if the staff wants it to be different, I could see a goodie conversion. Class to like class - one time, with penalties.

Personally. After playing goodies for some time now (still noob) I have found it to be pretty easy - almost too easy. I love the people, loads of great goodies. I kind of long for the evil life again, but have too much invested in goodie EQ to lose it on a switch. There was a challenge to being a evil that was rewarding. Attitudes aside.

Vassana (43 Paladin)
Graawl (30 troll warrior)
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:06 am

Salen noone has said there isnt a problem ... what you seem to forget is that the problem exists on the goodie side as well .... some of the *leet* players on the evil side are my good friends ... they are great guys when u get to know them ....

An hour online is NO test of a race ... you could have caught everyone afk (admit it you are afk a LOT ... I try to send you tells :P)

See .. threads like this never get anywhere cause people are too closed minded to try anything new ... either goodies OR evils ... we try something for an hour and decide it is fucked up ... stop playing and say how shitty the evils are ... if i was on AT all ... I would answer and help .. unless i was busy ... THEN i wikll send you a tell to say i am busy but will be GLAD to help you when im not busy ...

I know for a FACT evil life has gotten easier in the eyar or so evil pbase has been low ... xp is at an all-time ease to get, and you really dont have to leave DK to get lvl 25 easily .... zone groups are consisting of less and elss experienced players as new people log on and try evils ... evils are kinder now than ever in their attempt at raising the pbase ....

-Italian Proverb
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:22 am

i dont t hink anyone has dealt with half as much crap on the evil side as me. but i'm still here.

i wont lie..there are a ton of snobs here. but y'know what? there are a ton on the other side too. it's actually a non-point.

but what needs to go asap is the 'feh he's a goodie' comments that pop up almost daily about whatever new character is seen. when i first rolled an evil and i met turg he said not to tell some of the other evils that i used to be a goodie cause they wouldnt want anything to do with me.

how's that for your first day as an evil, w hen you had been on the game for 6 years already!

i spend a lot of time meeting and levelling lowbies. i have stopped giving lowbies gear though as they tend to disappear after level 10 way too frequently. and after all the abuse i received i'm still here..so it cant be THAT bad.

but those goodies coming over to evil..dont expect us to want to do much with you if you walk around anon all day. half the evils online right now are anon. i dont want to HAVE to ask you your class and level before i consider adding you to a ship group i'm organizing.
Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:22 am

Ambar wrote: ... they are great guys when u get to know them ....

I've seen that alot. So someone tell me what it takes to get recognized so that some people will take the time to get to know ya? Takes two to tango! :)
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:46 am

Just like anything .. say hey when u see them ... if you see someone a LOT and they always say hi wont you remember them??? maybe im just so used to saying hi first it comes as second nature to me ... *shrug*

sa far as the "you look like a goodie" ... yes we do that .... in jest ... we mean NO harm, and noone gives two shits if you were a goodie for ten thousand years and now you rolled an evil ... YES u will be more readily accepted if your prime goodie is known .. is it NECESSARY? No ... ask several of the high level types ...

I never made ANY secrets as to who i was when i rolled karikhan, my VERY first serious evil race character ... i let everyone know i was a previous goodie .... it just helps to know if people have been around and know group dynamics or do you have to be taught everything?

If you don't want people to know you ... state that ... say *I prefer to remain anonymous* (poke Icecillam) ... I think people will respect that

Teyaha .... hun i love ya dearly but you bring a LOT of shit onto yourself in your posts and in your behavior .. you HAVE to admit that ..... hell a couple weeks ago i accidently killed your mob (it was hurt and before i noticed to disengage it was dead), apologized profusely and you basically turned your nose up at ME :P

-Italian Proverb
Uzzel
Sojourner

Postby Uzzel » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:05 am

Tasan wrote:

T

If you as a 15th level char sits at the fountain for 20 mins in eighter WD or DK and expect people to come up and entertain you I'd say you are right that the chance of someone coming over and ask/beg you to come group with them is lesser in DK. You know why? It's not couse evils are bigger asshole or dont like you becouse you have a goodie, I beleave both playerbases are equal cut from the general mud population, but pure and simple becouse there are less evil.

Uzzel

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”