DS

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Gura
Sojourner

DS

Postby Gura » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:05 pm

can u make the lower level dark plz. would help out ultras trying to xp there
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:38 pm

That seems fair. Lots of trees, large ferns, giants for shade...
Meatshield
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:47 pm

im glad u think so
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.

Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:07 pm

Remove the zone entirely. Exp only zones blow
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:10 pm

i say make it perm daylight, evils need to go find there own places to xp
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:13 pm

Bilraex wrote:i say make it perm daylight, evils need to go find there own places to xp

thats funy
MoM-D
Originally posted by Baikalisan:
There once was a girl named Pinky
Who liked to flash and get kinky
We gave her some cash
She went down in a flash
And made us all squirm like a slinky!
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:50 pm

Put one in... that crappy little village with the crucible.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:33 am

Bilraex wrote:i say make it perm daylight, evils need to go find there own places to xp

feh.

where? hp? it's xp is still bad from it's massive nerfage on original toril.

dont make stupid comments like that.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:54 am

8)

Don't you ebils laud the fact that you can level from 1-50 in DK. Stay in DK.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:33 am

evils dont laud anything about dk. it's not the xp you think it is.

nothing in dk gives the xp that ds does. and dk xp peters out around level 34 or so.
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:44 am

If we're gonna leave ridiculous exp zones like DS in the game, why not just be done with it and remove exp zones and cut everyone's tables by three quarters?
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:27 pm

Just as an example. I solo'd my necro in DS from 39-49. Took me a total of around 30 hours of total playtime just exping. This included several times where there were at LEAST 2 other groups/soloers in the zone. Then I decided, hey, every mob on DS is around 10.0 on my trophy, SURELY ship exp might be just a bit better. So I mosied on over to ship and started smiting. My pets got raped by the mobs, but I managed to change strategy a tad to do okay. I had the ship to myself pretty much the whole time, and would just barely make pop. And it took 12 hours, with basically zero trophy, just to go from 49.04, to 50.02.

So after I liched, guess what, I went right back to DS! Only this time my trophy was around 16% on every mob in DS. But, again sharing DS with at LEAST 2 other groups/soloers, it took a total of about 18 hours to go from 46-50 in DS, exclusively.

So I'm sorry, but DS IS insane exp. The giants and treants hit lighter than even the navigator on ship, and give a ton more exp. The ONLY thing that ship gives over DS is some cash.

So, I dont mind if you make exp a joke to do, but I think we need some.. Balance in our exp zones! *stare*
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:08 pm

Ah so you're Tizzin!

Don't downgrade DS. Just make other exp zones worth more than it because they are so much harder than DS.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:04 am

2-3 weeks regular exp or 1 week ds hmm....*multiple ds leveld chars*
MoM-D
Originally posted by Baikalisan:
There once was a girl named Pinky
Who liked to flash and get kinky
We gave her some cash
She went down in a flash
And made us all squirm like a slinky!
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:53 am

um, you are unique dizzin and i think you are embellishing.

there's no way you levelled that fast. for three days ihave the ferns all to myself for 37-41. it took well over 13 hours for that. more like 30.

and i bet youre eq'd out the ass. i'mnot. some others are not. so dont base how the rest of the people will do when you have l33t gear. it's impossible for me to handle a switcher, rayed and withered, because snakes get shit for xp and are missing a LOT of eq slots.
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:01 am

Teyaha wrote:um, you are unique dizzin and i think you are embellishing.

there's no way you levelled that fast. for three days ihave the ferns all to myself for 37-41. it took well over 13 hours for that. more like 30.

and i bet youre eq'd out the ass. i'mnot. some others are not. so dont base how the rest of the people will do when you have l33t gear. it's impossible for me to handle a switcher, rayed and withered, because snakes get shit for xp and are missing a LOT of eq slots.

1. My necro at level 50 had 5 days 13hours on him. About 3 of those days were what it took to get to level 30 before pets didn't steal kill exp. So you do the math. But I clearly recall the levels from 41-46 not taking more than 3 hours per.

2. My necro had my mage hitter gear on him until around level 47. That means he had about 380 hp pre changes, and around 310 post. He died once to a 300 hp crit because I got cocky. It's really not hard as necros to just avoid the switching mobs, especially in DS, where they all seem to lag after a switch and dont automatically reengage on re-entry if done right.

Shrug. I just know how to exp well. I've levelled a bunch of chars, and it's really not hard, just takes time and patience. And DS now makes levelling a new character crazy easy. Mobs give out huge exp, and hit like pansies. It's the perfect exp zone.. except it's TOO good. It makes every other high-end exp zone out there look like Havenport.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:14 am

8)

Dizzin should have been a bard considering how well he toots his own horn.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:22 am

I don't see what the big fuss is over exp. I am all for making it even easier. The argument that faster exp will lead to more level 50 newbies doesn't hold any water with me. As if more time spent in exp zones doing the same thing over and over will make a better player out of someone? Zoning develops quality players, not exping, and nobody is zoning unless they are high enough level.
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:53 am

Yayaril wrote:8)

Dizzin should have been a bard considering how well he toots his own horn.

Oh, yeah he already has a 41+ battlechanter too. Don't think that took much longer than the necro, which I can vouch for.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:58 pm

as i said, he's the exception, not the rule.

my necro had 5 days played at level 26. guess what he has now at level 45?

i know xp quite well and have little to no down time, but i dont know it as well as him, and neither do a LOT of other people. downgrading it because one person can find loopholes or whatever to abuse the xp system is crap.

and i notice you guys all scream for downgrades AFTER YOU ARE ALREADY 50 OR HAVE MANY 50 CHARACTERS!! god forbid you cry for nerf when you are level 36 and first kill a fern.
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:36 pm

Yeah, I suppose my earlier post sounded a little arrogant, but oh well. I felt like I was being called a liar, so I got a little testy.

And Teyaha, I called for DS downgrade back in this thread, long before I smited there regularly.:
http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopi ... highlight=

Plus I've pretty much always thought it, but it would have just sounded like bitter evils complaining about goodies getting easy exp or such. But now that even goodies have come out and questioned it, I'll jump on the bandwagon!

And if you'll read my earlier post, I dont really give a rat's ass what happens to exp nowadays. Make it harder, make it easier, whatever. Just balance the exp zones that go in. There's no way that DS should be giving exp like it is when compared to other older high-end exp zones.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”