ogres

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
roorg
Sojourner

ogres

Postby roorg » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:44 pm

ogres need an upgrade

why? 0 tanking ability, stupid hard to get -100 even with 100 agi
this shouldn't really be changed, its kinda what they were intended to be, as if you swung an axe at a house you would have to be moltok to miss it

how? you tell me? or listen to a couple ideas of mine, just so i dont have to listen to it, it goes unmentioned that i dont want all of these upgrades, or these specific upgrades, just something, if i knew all the anwsers id be on the beach in cancun sipping margaritas, just my $.02

1. allow ogres to headbutt giants, with embody or enlarge, needing one or the other or niether
i would like to see ogre's become not just the 15th spot in a group but if we could provide something to a zone group, other than bashing in brass, that would be neat too. I know ogre headbutt does alot of damage, but we cant use it in zones, would be cool if we could. as im almost 9 feet tall (8.75) without embody or enlarge

2. allow us to primary wield two handers, while losing the dual wield skill, or not, in this instance. this would allow ogres to use a shield while wielding a big sword that they could probably wield one handed anyway, as they are how much more stronger than a dwarf/barbie whoever else is wielding a gythka or blah blah with shiny twinkle spikes

3. perhaps an ogre only twohander thats wicked heavy and procs something cool, similar to the class based weapons antis, rangers, rogue's, and pallies get.

thats about all i got, lemme know if someone has a better idea, and yes i know ogres are not the only class/race that needs revamping

enjoy

Roorg Fondle Your Mom
Rihesesassixiz
Sojourner

Postby Rihesesassixiz » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:25 pm

Sexellent.

<held as primary weapon>Ogre club of smiting
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:02 am

-100 ac is not that hard at all to get if you are willing to give up hit/dam.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:42 am

ogres are fine. i dont understand how many times we have to go over this crap. wait until shev is done with his melee review and then complain. but having played both races i say leave em. there is plenty of bonuses that ogres get to nullify your tanking complaint and they are a damn GOOD race of warriors.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:14 am

I think the best part of Toril for me is... every time someone writes a well thought out post about melee inadequacy, complete with reasoning and ideas for improvement, some yokel always always always chimes in "that class is fine."
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:48 am

nobody is complaining about melee in general here..they're complaining about ogre warriors specifically and how they compare to other races of warriors but thanks for calling me a yokel. and yes ogres are still fine.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
roorg
Sojourner

Postby roorg » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:38 am

Gura, and those who are reading/responding

wow, ive played as you say BOTH races as if ogres and trolls are the only evil warriors. And not only are trolls the easiest class/race combo to 50 in the game, but they have multiple usefulness. This being known i specifically picked ogre because it wasn't the easiest warrior. And no ogres are not fine, they arent horrible either, but i have talked to shev about this right before the split/rename and he told me that it was being talked about. which is enough to tell me that im probably right. and if ogres are so useful then why is it that as a zone leader yourself you acknowledge that ogres are a 15th spot. ogres in theory might be fine if melee was upgraded, as i said i dont know all the anwsers, however i do know that by you comparing trolls, far and away the best warriors in the game, to ogres, who have halflings beat, although halflings get an extra attack even if they cant wield much, ogres pail in comparision.

sorry that some of this is scrambled its 2am and ive been drinking, enjoy

now finally i simply want this for ogres, a strong useful position for them in an evil zone group. I dont know how to achieve this, if you have an idea let me know rather than saying they are fine. Yes, we are not useful, with a good set of bash triggers, which anyone can make, ogres can rock bashes, and we crit alot. but none of the upgrades i proposed are crazy out of whack, headbutting giants? makes since especially if you need a spell, wield 2 hander single handed? if a halfling/gnome/drow/grey can two hand it, i can wield it with 3 fingers. so thats my ideas and justification, lemme know what you think

thanks all, even those opposed, for input

Roorg Lub Gura Lots
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:59 pm

Ogres are pretty good the way they are. Naked at level 50 they're 5/10, ~780 hp. That's 4 strength notches over trolls, and 1 con notch. Their only drawback is their horrendous agility. However, getting 200 ac in equipment is really not all that hard. Well, it wasn't before the changes anyways. Unsure after the melee-romping that occurred, but before it, I was able to get an ogre warrior to -100 ac with an armor potion and still be 24/48. And since ac doesn't go below -100, then the only difference at high levels between a troll and an ogre is going to be the ogre hits slightly harder and has slightly more hp, and the troll regens some hp faster and poofs to a cloud.

Compare an ogre to ANY race of warriors aside from trolls, and you'll see they're a very good choice. The only problem is levelling at the beginning as a newbie with no equipment since your ac is going to be like 75 even at 100 agi and wearing newbie equipment.

So, about the only thing ogres could use is maybe another agility notch. But they dont *need* anything drastic like wielding 2handed swords as 1handers or whatever, no matter how fun it would be for the Ogres out there.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:08 pm

dude i never aknowledged that ogres are a "15th spot" in a zone group. frankly i'd take some ogre warriors over trolls. there just doesnt happen to be any good ones available. i don't want to be insulting but you are being very narrowminded. frankly i'd take a warrior like krolb over all the troll warriors in this game today. ogres are the 2nd best warrior race in the game today.

Ace
Sojourner

Postby Ace » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:31 pm

I agree with gura no this one,

I used to play ogre warrior and found the ogre class to be just fine. They have more hp's and don't get lit up by fire. I never considered playing a orge warrior as being the 15th spot in a group. If you are the 15th spot in the group at least you got into the group thats all that matters =)

Don't make me bring Zagn(my ogre warrior) back out and show you how its done! =P

Ace
[48 Elementalist] Acedizaken (Duergar) (RP)
roorg
Sojourner

Postby roorg » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:12 pm

well, perhaps my bad experience has come from not maintaining -100, and focusing on 42 dam, but the eq changes hit me pretty hard in the ac department and when you go from -75 to -12 overnight its kind of hard to get from -12 to -100, but maybe if i hoarded eq it would be easier? How were the eq changes for you? but that is my situation, and i was talking about ogres in general. As for me not being any good, i dont know whos zone group i screwed up in, but whatever you think is fine i really couldnt care less.

Well I will experiment a bit more but I dont see ogres as the second best warriors in the game I see them more as the most unique warriors in the game because they have alot of strengths, but yet several drawbacks. even with -100, which I haven't had since changes, we dont tank near as good as trolls, thats just the way it is, also Im not sure but ogres seem to regen slower than duergars and drows, I dont know if they get a penalty or what but we seem to regen pretty slow.

Now as for the twohander in one hand, i just put that in thier because ive seen it done, what i would really like to see happen is the headbutt giants thing, but something may be better than that, no one has had any other ideas except to say that ogres are fine, and btw if they are fine then why does no one play them? Trolls are fine, i can find lots of them every day, Barbs seem to be ok as lots of them on, etc etc whatever blah blah, but no one plays ogre wars.

so basically what im saying is that id like to see the headbutt giants with embody/enlarge thing, would give a strong reason to carry one or two ogres, and might even see more people playing em.

Now the problem that all melee is underrated is totally different, and hopefully a level 50 melee will be comparable to a non meming out caster sooner or later, but i dont know what the intention is here, and have no idea how much melee is supposed to be upgraded or when.

Roorg Smash Gnome
Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:33 pm

I'm going to agree with all of you in some ways, and disagree in others.

Ogre's are flippin huge. They should easily be able to wield a "humanable" 2h sword no sweat. Serve up a penalty for wielding the 2h or something, like you can't dual wield 2h'ers (don't know if anyone duals with ogres anywho), and maybe add a small penalty (albeit another) to their agi, since they are wielding a heavier weapon, it slows them down a tad more, but they hit a bit harder.

Compromise! Because it would be kinda cool to 1h a 2h weapon.

Of course, this wouldn't be considered a "priority" considering the changes going on, and would be put way way way at the bottom of the list anyway.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:19 pm

I remember seeing some weapon called 'X's dagger' where it was actually a 2h sword but for an ogre it's a dagger.
I disagree comparing ogre con to a trolls. Trolls may have one less notch, but within two rounds, they'll have regenerated about 15 hps or so..owning the hell out of ogres in that dep't. I've 2x walked in on Miplit while evils were doing him to glance at the ogre tanking and he went from small wounds to dead in one hit. A) that's stupid. Agility shouldn't be THAT pivotal. B) trolls just own the piss out of ogres: 62 innate ac (55 w/one max_agi item) vs. ogre's 92 (ogres need 2 max_agi items to get 87 ac).

I believe an ogre should have a chance to basically pick up the mob (or player) and headbutt them if they're too small. Just the same, perhaps a dwarf should be able to ram his helmet into the back of an ogre's ankle if not tanking. Lots of avenues, and this game is definitely not about making all race/class combos even, but ogres are being robbed of what is possible for them doing. That would be wielding a 2h sword AND using shield in the least. How can an 850 lb thing not wield a 15 lb sword with one hand? That's relatively same as a dwarf wielding about a 4 lb sword with 2 hands. Using 2h as one-handed for an ogre isn't unfair.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:53 pm

You see so few Ogres cause it takes patience and STYLE to be an Ogre

Oops there I go crusading again:P

Not only is Krolb an Ogre .. he is a fantastic warrior .. I'd say better than most i have seen so far ... I think most older leaders would take him over a newer troll .. ANY day ... and he can tank too .. he and Ambar smooshed the shit out of ship just the two of them ... so YES Ogres can tank in a limited capacity ...

For those of you who think their agi sucks ... compare it to their hitting power ... Ogres hit like mac trucks! So their AC is a little higher .. big whoop .. they hit hard as hell ... go to the arena with one ... let them bslam you then bash u see if you get up again ...

Ogres and trolls are nowhere near eachother and cannot be compared ... Ogres are hitters with limited tanking, trolls are tanks .. period .... why do we want all classes and races to be equal? What happened to diversity!!! Hell next thing you will want rogues to be tanks too :(

Should an Ogre be able to wield a humanable 2h weapon? Sure why not .. look at their sheer size and strength! What may be a club of smashing to one would be a toothpick to an Ogre ... But it should be based on the Ogres strength and size (height/weight) (o the poor small male Ogres *sigh*) and be factored accordingly, else you would see Ogres dual wielding skullsmashers:P Hell let them take an AC hit for thise skill .. who knows ... or let it be limited to hammers/axes ... who knows just throwing stuff out ...

In general Ogres are fine .. just takes the right person to play one is all ..
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Karae
Sojourner

Postby Karae » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:58 pm

I would like to see ogres being able to wield certian two handed weapons take a pentility to hit. And make certian weapons that are two handed not able to be allowed as one handers by ogres so they wouldn't be to uber.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:39 am

ok roorg
1. i never said u werent good. but complaining about ogres when you are only level 43 or 44 is stupid. play it to 50th max ur skills and then whine if u still think they suck...but by then im sure you'll realize they dont.
2. i dont know if u were implying that i "hoarde" eq in that little statement of yours roorg but if u have a problem with me u can just come out and say it.
3. wow the eq changes hit you hard. big friggin whoop join the club. everyone took a hit in one way or another. shuffle some eq around and see what you can come up with. just because your eq sucks like everyone elses now doesnt mean your character sucks.
4. as for your regen statement...you end up with 100hps more than duergars and honestly i'd guess 200 more hps than drow warriors.
5. for your headbutt comment: You lower your head and ferociously slam it into a cloud giant warrior's midsection! i did that with gura with an enlarge.
6. i dont know im tired of thinking..goodbye

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:12 am

i think ogres get compensated in the melee damage department through crit rates and damroll.

I would like to see ogres 1h 2handers, but id also like to see them be unable to wear anything except ogre sized gear and the truly rare magical gear that will size to the wearer. Ogre sized green dragon scale armor should take what 3 or 4 chlora scales?

I would like to see them be able to 1h 2hdrs, but I would also like to see a more significant dex penalty. 8 hitroll is dick. Maybe ogres should get 1 attack a round humans 2 and high dex races 2+.

Tanking:
---------
problem with ogre tanks is not really in their ability. Its in the player and the zones.

every ogre seems to think one extra dam roll is more important than 10 extra ac. wear ac if you want to tank.

There is eq out there with unbelievable fuking AC for how hard it is to get. It doesn't have hit or dam, but you forget yourself if you think you need a weapon for anything other than parrying, hurting yourself and chipping your stone on fire/cold shield. Go and id some trash from mid level zones.

i dont know how many times i have told ogres to wear a shield, but they got my number "i cant tank for shit all i can do is hit" "my damage 1h sucks"

Save petri is golden. HPs are fundamental. IF you want to tank wear some.

ok now on to the area issue. The mud is heavily in favor of spell prevention which favors tanks that tank melee the best (trolls).

The only fights where we might take multiple spells are all 1 spell out fights. If zone groups started eating multiple clouds in hard zone encounters we might see some diversity on the evil side of tanking. When hard ceases to be defined as 1 spell out and gate guards with "giant strength" mobs then we will see diversity in tank races.

Many of you have probably seen the ogre plow through 1200 hps in one round tanking 2 mobs without stone. Well we all know how important spells are it happens to trolls too. How many times have you seen an ogre take 1250 damage from one AREA spell.

There was some debate once upon a time about the best 15 man group. On the evil side it read something like.. 3 warriors (2 troll 1 ogre). The problem is you cant find an ogre warrior, lots of quasi rogue ogres but why would you waste a valuable group slot on an ogre warrior who thinks he is some sort of rogue when you can get a real rogue or a real warrior?
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:25 am

look roorg is trying to be a ranger in'it cute.....

im sure you get into more group tank better have more hp more natural hit dam can get better ac and engeneral are more badass than me or even the dwarveen warrior that i play quit complaining...

orges are better tanks than anything we have on the goodie side...

its not just ogres that need to be revamped its the whole melee system eq changes didnt do crap for any body that didnt have l33t eq. and that thing that shev says about we are discussing it... its like what AOL tellsw you when they dont want to talk to you/dont know the answer..."we are not able to disclose that information at this time" rangers have been being "discussed" for the past 3 years... (that i know of) we are still waiting on the revamp kthnx bubye
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:13 am

Rangers have been being revamped for. . .oh. hrmm. 8 years and counting ;)

Lost
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:05 am

8)

Everyone has been being revamped for 8 years. It's part of the charm of a changing world.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:23 am

im mostly talking about the things that we were promised on soj3 but never actually got

myspace.com/tgchef
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:34 am

Yayaril is wrong!

Proof?

Clerics.

PwNd! (*nodme*)
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:04 pm

8)

Clerics have had a lot of changes made to them- new anti undead spells, the changing of holy/unholy word, you can uhh, make un/holy water now- added in realm and divine purification, along with a lot of more aesthetic changes to their spells thanks to Dornax harassing the gods.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:52 pm

amolol wrote:orges are better tanks than anything we have on the goodie side...

get a clue dear :P
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:55 pm

Agree. Everyone knows Dwarfs are the best tanks in the game.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:36 pm

amolol wrote:its not just ogres that need to be revamped its the whole melee system eq changes didnt do crap for any body that didnt have l33t eq. and that thing that shev says about we are discussing it... its like what AOL tellsw you when they dont want to talk to you/dont know the answer..."we are not able to disclose that information at this time" rangers have been being "discussed" for the past 3 years... (that i know of) we are still waiting on the revamp kthnx bubye

Rangers have been revamped many, many times in the last 3 years. The changes didn't all work out to make you useful, but it's not from lack of trying, so stop being an ungrateful little prick about it. You think someone just woke up one day, added 3 lines of code and then BAM you have archery? No, that shit took alot of work for a long time to come in, and all you do is bitch about it. I wouldn't waste my time with you whiny bastards either if i was an immortal, cuz you don't appreciate anything they do for you.

As far as eq changes go, the only people i know who actually benefitted from them are Rangers. I know Sylvos and Wey did alright with the changes. I got my ass kicked by them; lost 60 hps 6 hit 9 dam and plus about 2/2 or 3/3 on every weapon i have, so really lost like 8/11. Lost 3 prots, gained 4 ac. But that's not even the point. You don't even consider the fact that eq from easyass places was better than some of the hardest shit in the game to get, because you're too worried about your own character and could care less about the balance of the game as a whole. That's the same reason that when someone brings up an upgrade ogres thread you say "you can't upgrade ogres cuz you haven't upgraded rangers!" It's a terrible attitude. Stop being selfish. The gods dont alter the game to make your individual character better, so stop asking them to.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:38 pm

amolol wrote:orges are better tanks than anything we have on the goodie side...

That sounds like a good case of evil envy. We are not *that* much better.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:49 pm

"Evil envy" ...

Don't think with your ogre, dude, you know it only gets you into trouble.
Guw
Sojourner

Postby Guw » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:58 pm

Alot of aggro in this thread to something posted in the *ideas* forum.

Give Itchy 6 months to work on melee - he is the Delivery Man, he will Deliver* :)

Iyachtu

Replies: 22
Views: 441
Forum: Gameplay Discussion Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:22 pm Subject: Tanks
Your mom.

I guess I'll have to do.

*love the Cruel Sea
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:41 pm

Last edited by Sesexe on Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:13 pm

there are 2 parts to this thread.

1. upgrade ogre warriors

2. ogres should be big enough to wield 2hdrs in 1h.

answers:
1a. they aren't that bad at tanking try thinking like a tank
1c. wait for the melee changes

2a. because ogre warrior tanking skill sucks is not a justification
2b. because melee sucks is also not a justification.
2c. cuz it was done once upon a time is actually a good reason not to do this since we've been down that road
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:13 pm

Sesexe wrote:
My my my aren't we hostile, and a tad hypocritical. :( How is them being upset with the current state of rangers any different then your being upset with warriors? :\ Especially considering how you've been more vocal about warriors then they have about rangers. I like that impale idea you started a thread on. I liked it even more when I suggested it 4 weeks ago in a thread you even posted in. Wtf Nukk? :\

When i post about warriors, i never once claim the immortals didnt care, or weren't trying, or said they'd do things that they didn't do. I always acknowledge the fact that they do try, they have been trying, and although warriors aren't where i want them to be, it's not because the staff doesn't care. They put alot of work in, and i think they deserve a little credit for it, and im tired of people saying that they don't.

Otherwise, i guess i jacked your idea. I just thought of it last night when i tried to headbutt a mob on the ground, and i couldn't, and i thought hey i should be able to do something here to really hurt this guy. I guess i just remembered reading what you said but forgot where i picked it up, so thought it was my own idea. UR SHIT GOT JACKED BIZNITCH!!:)

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:28 am

I've always seen an ogre warrior as the answer to a grey elf warrior, or vice versa. Certainly in terms of fiction I've read or images that come in to my mind.

You've got a great big thug... not particularly finesse but he's one hell of a thug, when he swings that huge club at you, then you're going to get smushed.

On the other hand you have a light, nimble elf, his enchanted blades are the result of hundreds of years of Elven culture and heritage, let your guard down for a second and he's going to put half a dozen slices right across your face.

Now, thinking about what 'level' these described stereotypes would be...

I'd expect your standard elven ranger to be about level 40 here.
And I'd expect your standard ogre warrior to be about level 10.

After all the elven ranger is usually the hero, and the ogre the baddie, and waves after wave of baddies are killed while the hero lives, and all because.... the hero is better trained.

So your level 50 elven ranger is going to be more of the same.
Your level 50 ogre is going to be an entirely different beast than described above. He'll have fought with orcs, with other ogres, he's not just an overgrown playground bully... he's the finished article, he's not going to bellow in pain and curl up, he's also not going to stand around like a frightened rabbit when he meets this elven ranger.

So I don't see ogre warriors as typical warriors, I see it more as a sort of class of it's own. A duergar, mountain dwarf, gnome, troll tank can't be replaced by an ogre tank so easily.

The majority seem to agree that melee classes do not seem to be doing the amount of damage that they should be doing. But I don't know if ogres are underpowered compared to other melee classes, or overpowered.

Personally I feel that rogues are overpowered (in comparison), rangers are underpowered, and other classes seem to be about right.

I'd be all for upgrading rangers before any melee changes in general went in (not instead of :P). And I think if asked I could make a reasonable arguement for it. Ogre warriors I just don't know, I suspect they aren't underpowered, but they are the strongest race, those crits must be nice, they can dual wield weapons that an elf struggle to wield in their primary hand. They might not be tanking very often, but when they are forced to, they'll take a bit of a beating before they drop. They can bash and headbutt stuff that other races cannot, that could mean the difference between a !bash caster that meant you needed a shaman or a bard, as well as an enchanter, or one that you could just bash without any group healing. Most of warriors skills are based on strength, ogres win there too. Although I have _not_ seen any evidence to conclude that they are based in any significant way on strength. But if in melee changes they do become based on strength... guess who is going to be the best at parrying in the game?

Now, a suggestion of my own....

Let weapons be wielded in one or in two hands, not based on a flag, but based on weight.

That weight 20 sword might take a halfling both hands to use, but it might be able to be wielded by an ogre in one hand.

That's a significant upgrade/downgrade to strong/weak races, but I suggest it's only done after melee changes, and only if strong races need some kind of boost.
Rihesesassixiz
Sojourner

Postby Rihesesassixiz » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:40 am

Stamm wrote:Let weapons be wielded in one or in two hands, not based on a flag, but based on weight.

Let it be done.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:58 am

Waelos wrote:Yayaril is wrong!

Proof?

Clerics.

PwNd! (*nodme*)

you forget when vit was changed to spellcast healing? that was pretty huge.
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:02 am

Rihesesassixiz wrote:
Stamm wrote:Let weapons be wielded in one or in two hands, not based on a flag, but based on weight.

Let it be done.

This was the case in a mud I used to play and it worked quite well. If you weren't strong enough to wield a weapon in one hand it would make a check to see if you could wield it in two hands and do so if you could. No weapons were flagged two handed, they were just made heavy enough that no one could realistically one hand them. On the other hand, if you make a weapon too heavy some people can't even two hand it, but that's intentional in some cases. Same kind of weight check for offhands (so some people could offhand heavier, sometimes better, offhands than others - there is, of course, a strength penalty when trying to offhand).
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:21 am

othelil wrote:No weapons were flagged two handed, they were just made heavy enough that no one could realistically one hand them. On the other hand, if you make a weapon too heavy some people can't even two hand it, but that's intentional in some cases. Same kind of weight check for offhands (so some people could offhand heavier, sometimes better, offhands than others - there is, of course, a strength penalty when trying to offhand).

Damn I like that idea.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:30 am

Yeah, but remember it's an upgrade for strong races... so it shouldn't be implemented unless strong races need an upgrade :)
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:06 am

still standing by my ogres dont need an upgrade statement.

thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:50 am

Gonna go ahead and say ill just wear +40 max str eq, wield a 2hand weapon with 1 hand, then remove all that eq.

Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:05 am

Yeah, 2 points I agree with.

A check would need to happen every tick or something to make sure you aren't wielding weapons that are too heavy for you.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:24 am

first of all nuk where does it say that i am ungratefull for what the imm's have done for the ranger class... the actuall point of that was to say that it will take time b4 anything will be noticibly done (because of that code)

pull your head out of your ass and try listening instead of autoflaming everypost you can. i know how coding works i spend alot of my time coding things.

i like that based on wgt thing but i think the elf warrior based classes will get ruled by this tho everything my ranger or elf warrior picks up will be a 2h weapon. so unless wgts on weapons are changed i dont see this happendng but its a soynd idea

thanx for the vot of confidence sesexe i thinks its nice that we can have encouraging posts every now and then as opposed to sending out thenuk the flamer.

myspace.com/tgchef
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:11 pm

amolol wrote: and that thing that shev says about we are discussing it... its like what AOL tellsw you when they dont want to talk to you/dont know the answer..."we are not able to disclose that information at this time" rangers have been being "discussed" for the past 3 years... (that i know of) we are still waiting on the revamp

That says ungrateful to me.

Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:07 pm

mynazzaraxxsyn wrote:
othelil wrote:No weapons were flagged two handed, they were just made heavy enough that no one could realistically one hand them. On the other hand, if you make a weapon too heavy some people can't even two hand it, but that's intentional in some cases. Same kind of weight check for offhands (so some people could offhand heavier, sometimes better, offhands than others - there is, of course, a strength penalty when trying to offhand).

Damn I like that idea.

Excellent idea. Makes perfect sense. Yeah, there'd be bugs to work out, but what new things don't have bugs around here?
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:10 pm

thanuk wrote:Gonna go ahead and say ill just wear +40 max str eq, wield a 2hand weapon with 1 hand, then remove all that eq.

Just make it so if for whatever reason you no longer had the strength to wield your weapon the mud acted like you didn't have one. So if someone casts "weaken" on me I am suddenly "hitting" instead of "slashing." If I removed my weapon I'd find I can't rewield it, and the mud knows it so it just says I'm hitting. The reason not to force remove/drop is to prevent the ability to disarm with a weakening spell and to prevent making someone immobile with the added inventory weight/size. But you could force remove *shrug*
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:39 am

might have to roll an ogre shaman for some fun.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”