Paladin Mounts

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Karae
Sojourner

Paladin Mounts

Postby Karae » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:23 am

Ok those griffons are just ugly, I love the mount ideas.

But can we get something like a Pegasus or something, its actually a horse that can fly, and would look so ugly. It makes more sense to me than a griffon.
Sarkhon
Sojourner

Postby Sarkhon » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:42 am

Give me a break -- ugly? Griffons are just fine, and in my opinion, pretty damn cool.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:27 am

dont complain yo they just gave you a neat upgrade... idd be happy for mounted combat that could go over 25 without capping out
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:47 pm

8)

Is this guy an elf paladin?
Adana
Sojourner

Postby Adana » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:56 pm

Griffons for male and Pegasi for female paladins?

Just a thought. :)
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:18 pm

Call me crazy but I just might have to agree about having pegasi as mounts instead of griffons. Griffons are supposedly neutral aligned creatures that will serve anyone. They make more sense as a generic warrior's mount. If anti-paladins have nightmare steeds that are obviously animals of evil it only makes sense that paladins should have good aligned mounts. Pegasi are naturally good aligned and will only serve good-aligned masters. They fit the paladin persona moreso than a "typical" mount like a neutral griffon.

The best argument against them is they're much more rare and dislike serving as mounts. But for the greatest champions of good in the realms, I think they'd make an exception!
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:28 pm

Yeah!

And like give liches a skill 'Evil Bargain' so they can strike a deal with Nightmares on Ethereal so they can ride them as mounts and use them as pets and stuff!

And like pass the crack this way~! Kthnxluvyabubye!
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:58 pm

The biggest reason griffons were chosen was... well there are two of them actually. The first was at the time I was creating them, Griffons were the most frequently requested high-level mount. Well, dragons too but that was decided against.

The second one I'm sure you guys will find amusing. A pegasus, in all fantasy stories and drawings I've seen, simply do not have the musculature and strength to carry an armored knight about. Certainly not for long periods of time. Auril did extensive research into equines to verify that when she worked on the descriptions.

Yes this is a fantasy game but that doesn't mean we have to throw science and logic completely out the window. :)
Karae
Sojourner

Postby Karae » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:28 pm

Thanks Eilistraee, I really do like the new mounts they are very cool, but is it possible to get some type of other creature to ride that is a horse, maybe a unicorn or something who knows. I just don't think griffons are right for paladins, besides, where they the most requested by paladins? And thanks again for actually posting
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:30 pm

In D&d paladins have almost always been associated with griffons, and anti-paladins almost exclusively with hipogriffs. Thats just the way it has always been done, and that association will probably always exist.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:33 pm

Unicorns... are all our paladins virgins?
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:54 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Unicorns... are all our paladins virgins?

Considering the CHA min requirement for paladins is 0, I think you know the answer to that question ;)

Bards are probably the only ones that get any action... downgrade bards!
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:02 am

I'm pretty sure back on Sojourn1, high level paladins could summon griffons for a while too. Course, mounts did more back in those days and I seem to recall my stepbrother describing the griffons as being sorc mobs so that got pulled quickly. Still, it would be part of the reason why griffons were requested so much.

I've got no idea where any association between paladins and griffons in D&D comes from though. Certainly isn't in 2nd or 3rd editions based on my sourcebooks. Hippogriffs were pretty generic flying mounts too. I saw more association between them and elven sky-riders than with the obscure antipaladin class.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:33 am

paladins are ghey

griffons are ghey

seems a good match to me
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:16 am

That Idea is stupid.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”