Enchanted Khanjari Dagger

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Dizzin
Sojourner

Enchanted Khanjari Dagger

Postby Dizzin » Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:59 am

I'm really curious what the staff were thinking when they put in the new proc and new quest on this weapon. Why is it that unarguably the best dagger for every rogue in the game was so incredibly wuss to get at the beginning of the wipe? Why wasn't every enchanted khanjari in game at the time of the proc addition just made the first step in the long and painful quest? This would have been the fair decision.

Honestly, the procs on this dagger are insane, and pretty much every single one in the game at the moment cost people 100 plat and maybe 10-15 mins at the beginning of a few boots. There's no way that should be.

I can't help but think that it had something to do with a high-ranking staff member and their notorious ZK camping.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Re: Enchanted Khanjari Dagger

Postby Teyaha » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:30 am

Dizzin wrote:
I can't help but think that it had something to do with a high-ranking staff member and their notorious ZK camping.

that was uncalled for. i seriously doubt anyone can make decisions just out of the blue upstairs, except for shevy and cyric
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:54 pm

You're asking them why didnt they see into the future to see what would happen. absurd :p
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:57 pm

Oh no Dizzin, you're agreeing with me again!

For the record, I like the immortal in question and I defend that person when people bad mouth that person, but Dizzin does bring up a good point. It does sound a little fishy. Batskulls are a good comparison to this situation. An awesome item that was very easy to get was downgraded in eq evaluation. If you actually saw what was required in enchanted khanjari Teyaha you would be mad too.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:09 pm

dizzin for the record...you can camp on zk rares all you want because the zone has an inn. more retarded rules.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:59 am

How does first implementing an insane proc and then changing the quest to be even more insane AND deciding to leave all current daggers the way they are require *anyone* to see into the future?

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but I do think that this dagger and all related to it is just messed all around. :P
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:04 am

This mistake has been made in the past Dezzex.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:30 pm

is it a mistake or is it a benefit for people who know what will happen?
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:42 pm

What? you mean it wasn't sheer luck that some players knew exact stats on items days or weeks before the changes went in?
Last edited by Salen on Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:20 pm

Sheer luck? no, it was because some of the changes were ported over to miaxmud before it shutdown.

T
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:55 pm

Afraid I have to agree here. . . conspiracy theory or not the khanjari dagger is the most powerfull weapon in the game. It puts to shame Valhalla, let alone all of the other weapons in the game. I would gladly lose all the prots and +1 +2 I get from the scepter to get 150 vit/heals (as opposed to my crappy 50hp cure crit from scepter) extra attacks (as opposed to an occasional extra attack from scepter) and the stackable +10 +10 you get from Khanjari procs (vs. . oh wait, don't have that on a tia weapon) Sure the quest might be hard now, but there are already 20 or so in the game? a bit less maybe, but thats pretty close. So all of those who got the easy quest gets the benefits of the hard quest? Hardly fair. But, that is part of the game I suppose.

What I would like to see is othe weapons that are difficult to get get upgraded to Khanjari's status (Oakvale swords, Finder sword, pestilence, unholy, ambran, glaive from Seelie, etc) There are significantly less of many of these weapons in the game than Khanjari, and yet they suck in comparison.

Fairest case scenario? All Khanjari's are reset to unenchanted and people with them get a 'hint' as to where to finish quest.

All weirdness aside, I hardly think that there is a conspiracy. Do you think rangers would suck so much ass if Imm's had a hand in things? Shevy is a ranger! *nodme*

Lost.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:41 am

I wrote the proc. It went in the way it did to make up for the 2+ years of false promises regarding that weapon. I thought it was the fair thing to do, and I stand by that decision.

Your conspiracy theories regarding staff members' mortals are ridiculous and baseless. And unless you're talking about me - the implementor of the quest and the proc, they don't make any sense either.

I'm sorry you apparently don't have a khanjari - but that's no excuse to run around pointing fingers at staff members. Blaming their mortals for every decision you disagree with is simply childish. If you'd like to know the reasons behind a decision, just ask instead of assuming something nefarious. :P
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:24 am

Shevarash wrote:I wrote the proc. It went in the way it did to make up for the 2+ years of false promises regarding that weapon. I thought it was the fair thing to do, and I stand by that decision.

Your conspiracy theories regarding staff members' mortals are ridiculous and baseless. And unless you're talking about me - the implementor of the quest and the proc, they don't make any sense either.

I'm sorry you apparently don't have a khanjari - but that's no excuse to run around pointing fingers at staff members. Blaming their mortals for every decision you disagree with is simply childish. If you'd like to know the reasons behind a decision, just ask instead of assuming something nefarious. :P

1. I have a khanjari Shev. It was easier for me to get than a bloody GCD.

2. So it looks like you wanted to reward people who did that wuss quest in the first 2+ years of the MUD being up. Why? Do people who did that easy quest somehow deserve having what is arguably the greatest weapon in the game more than people who would wish to quest it now?

Why not just add a NEW weapon with this insane proc, and put a suitably wuss proc on the enchanted khanjari? Why was it decided that THIS dagger would become superior to every rogue weapon in the game? Just because there were a bunch of "false promises" about it doesn't really seem like a worthwhile reason...

It seems much more likely to me that the dagger was made so uber because said staff member, and you know who I meant Shev, had several of them, for quite a long time, and it was done as a boon for them.

Now I dont doubt that everyone in the know will all deny this, and that's cool. But sometimes just the appearance of impropriety is as bad as any actual misdeed.

So I seriously suggest that the enchanted khanjari be looked at. We've all had a chance to see what mightiness the dagger is, and will all have a push to quest one now. So just change all the ones quested before the proc addition to a regular khanjari and give the owner the first seal and the quest text that comes with it.

That seems much more fair...

*shrug*
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:12 am

My god, in another year warriors and rangers will be able to solo tiamat if that logic still applies!
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:16 am

Dizzin -

I don't appreciate your accusations. You will never get whatever your point is across by calling me a liar and accusing me of favoritism. I don't do that crap and have strived for years to make sure it doesn't happen on this MUD and all the previous incarnations.

Get your facts straight, get your head out of your ass, and we can talk constructively about the khanjari.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:49 am

Shev, I'm sure many people will agree that after the upgrade quest was made, the current enchanted khanjaris weren't obtained from the current risk vs reward. I'm not saying go back and fix EVERY item that this has happened to, but I would suggest doing it in this one case. The quest upgrade from 100 plat to 1k + the amount of quest gear you need to do it is a huge difference.

Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:56 am

I dissagree.

This could start a dangerous trend that I don't think you would want. Besides, we have enough dangerous trends as it is.

For example:

Maybe once the new & improved and more difficult tiamat domes in, all of the existing tiamat eq should get a massive downgrade?

There's nothing wrong with grandfathering.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:33 am

bad example nokie. if u really think about it..old tia was hard enough to justify what she gave. compare what u wore 2yrs ago to what u wear now and considering that she's not in the game anymore u cant say well she's easy now.

Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:46 am

it's really in the too hard basket... what about all the ones that were traded for after the change at an exceptionally high price? I reckon that is over half of them
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:58 am

I'd like to request that you just downgrade Dizzin's dagger.

Call it Asshole Tax :)

That is all.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:30 pm

I think you should reconsider the procs on that dagger, regardless of what you do to the ones from earlier or later or whenever the hell you went and got it.

Any one of the procs on that dagger would make any weapon sick, and it has multiple procs. It's absurdly powerful.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:58 pm

I don't quite understand...

So all the old enchanted khanjari daggers got upgraded and didn't have to do that insane quest?

or folks are just pissed off cuz this dagger owns and zk is now over camped?
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:20 pm

the first. anyone who didn't do the quest while it was easy got screwed. one of my guildmates who plays every day is still trying to do his even after we knew what we needed for a couple of months.

Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:18 pm

The REAL Question here is:

Is this a quested object you get from rare camping/twinking or an object that requires you to do a zone(s)?

If this is a Quested Object, why didn't it take a nose-dive in stats during EQ changes with the majority of quested items?
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:50 pm

even if it was 1d5 1/1 the procs make it worthwhile to wield sesexe

Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:20 pm

That's what I mean Gura. Procs should be part of the point total system for how powerful an oject is. Are they currently? or can you have 1d3 weapon that procs isntant kill and not have it cost much in zone points?
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:45 pm

Sesexe wrote:or can you have 1d3 weapon that procs isntant kill and not have it cost much in zone points?

Hey, don't you get my Elder Forest dagger downgraded!
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:48 pm

I think the bottom line is this:

It is better than any other 1h weapon in the game currently. Yes it IS rogue only,er, rogue type at least. But it does more damage than most 2h weapons with just its dice =P.
The procs on it do make it THE best weapon in the game. It should be difficult to get. And i have to agree with the majority here, it's too much for the quest as it was. Hell, even with a tougher quest it's probbably still too much, as it is more desireable than tia gear.

Regardless of the fact that the changes were long awaited, making it as powerful as it is creates an imbalance. And thats exactly the opposite of what we were looking for with the eq changes, isn't it?

Then again, why is it that this particular quest has a great reward, but certain other quests for class-specific weapons pale in comparison. Whatever scale this item was upgraded on, do the same to ranger sword, holy avenger, and deathknell.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:49 pm

Melee sucks so it doesn't really matter then does it?
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Verarb
Sojourner

Postby Verarb » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:04 pm

heh what difference does it make to any of you if they took away enchantment from daggers you dont even have?.

Dagger aint THAT great anyway. The hitroll and damage roll are not stackable btw, it aint no twilight. (Cough100Dam???!) and the extra attacks are extremely rare from what i see and last like 4 rounds?. People are exaggerating its power. Also around 90% of the proc is + Hitroll, Fear it :).
This is all about pipi size!

Anyway i vote: leave em alone

P.S. Ill trade my daggers for any Tia eq item. I dare ya
Last edited by Verarb on Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kaede
Sojourner

Postby Kaede » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:54 pm

I find it silly that people are claiming the khanjari is far better than weapons like the avengers.

The avengers are the defination of overpowered, providing high damage procs, area damage procs, constant healing capabilities, and other misc abilities that contribute to a paladin/anti doing multiple times their normal damage while surviving with self-healing capabilities that warriors can only dream of.

The bard glaive procs very frequent damage that also is guaranteed to blind or slow a mob, and then on the kill proc will restore up to 200 hp and mana.

The BC dagger has the capability to be the most damaging weapon to single targets in the game, while providing temporary tanks that can be used for twinking. The more of these daggers you have, the more crazy your damage output will be.

There are several other weapons of like calibur that allow a class to go beyond their limitations. Some are as easy to get now as the enchanted dagger used to be.

While I can see the vit bonus on the khanjari being downgraded, the damage output caused by the extra 10 damroll is comparable to the damage other weapon procs can do, especially when you factor in mob defense and whether you are hasted or not. I am certain several other 1h weapons can deal more damage than the enchanted khanjari.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:24 pm

Verarb has it right, the majority of the proc is hitroll. Although I'm torn on the vit aspect of the proc as to whether or not it's overpowered, I also know that anti's have a weapon proc that heals them, or am I wrong? While the proc is nice, it's not something I'm going to depend on to keep me alive while I solo all the things that only mages could solo previous to the introduction of the new proc. Hrmmm. Ya know, now that I think about it, there's nothing out there I can't solo without the khanjari that I do with the khanjari.

As for altering the weapon because the quest was changed. Do people really expect the staff to do this for every item in the game that's ever changed? It's a slippery slope you're asking them to start down, and the best thing for them to do would be to find a consistent policy to stick with. Honestly the best way to do that would be to just make the changes they feel need to be changed and c'est le vie when it comes to the items already existing in the game. So what if a few people got them easier than you will, and you feel terribly slighted because of it? Pardon some of us for making that effort even though it wasn't worth it at the time. It's not worth their time and effort to have to worry about catching every damned "Elven Bra of Perkiness" to make sure it's downgraded to an "Elven Bra of Merely Alertness" so that those who already have a perky proc will have to go through six extra steps to be perky again.

Make up your minds, does melee suck compared to casters so therefore we need a little melee love, or do we need to complain about every rogue toy available? Remember the huge uproar about the magebanes? So now the khanjari is the burr-under-your-blanket du jour and you want the staff to bend over backwards and start punishing everybody on your list of those who were naughty enough to do the quest early in the wipe?

With a little sugar all those sour grapes can be turned into a really nice jam.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:30 pm

8)

I can't believe Waelos says that Khanjari is better than Valhalla.
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:39 pm

Enchanted Khanjari is probably not better then a tia scepter.

I would call them equal.

The khanjari proc is too powerful, and should be tapped with the nerf bat, though I don't belive everyone should have to request thier already quested weapons.

Fix melee yes, but don't allow powerful weapons to stay as they are, when they are obviously too powerful.

P.s. Rogues are the least affected by melee sucking, please stop pretending.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:57 am

if khanjari dagger aint so hot then make it warrior usable. I'd wield it in a heartbeat.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:16 am

This thread is funny as hell!

So meany folks screaming for downgrades. Walk over to the Object section and everyone screaming about the downgrades.

:)
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'

Targsk group-says 'sexedse'

mount dragon

You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.

You have learned something new about mount!
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:59 am

yea Yaya. . .I think it is equal to or better than Scepter. Why? Well, prots are throw away. Im double protted on most if not all elements. It is 6d4, which is great . . . but Khanjari isn't that far behind. Oh yeah, in order for Valhalla's procs to work you need to wield it in your OFF hand, thus limiting you to 1 or 2(when hasted) off hand attacks with that big damage die. Moving on to the procs. . . The extra attack is OK. . .it will give me 1, perhaps two and on a rare occasion three (if I double/triple proc) extra attacks. Again, this is limited to 2 opportunities (maximum) per round as it is in the off hand. A primary weapon can be proc'd 4 or more times (Rips put it above 4) in comparison to an off hand weapon. And on to the 'heal' proc. . .50 hps at random in combat. thats a glorified cure crit that goes off like crazy when you're at full hps (Doing you no good) and is absent when yer near death. At least Khanjari proc sticks with you in vit form. The hit/dam procs as far as I've seen do indeed stack. I could be wrong, but I think my sources are pretty good. And getting extra attacks for 4 rounds on a proc is a hell of alot better than 1 extra attack on a proc.

So, if Khanjari was warriorable / rangerable I'd sure as hell wield two of them.

I'm glad I have valhalla. . .but I really feel that the procs on Khanjari pwn the procs on a weapon that was about 700X harder to get. I had to jello wrestle Gormal for it. Think of the horror!!!

;)

Anyway, Proc is awesome. . .just want to see other items get their props in comparison or some balance be struck.
Thanks for listening!

Lost
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:17 am

You know I think you're right. It is too powerful:

Character attributes for Nokie

Level: 50 Race: Halfling Class: Rogue
STR: 76 AGI: 76 DEX: 73 CON: 76
POW: 41 INT: 36 WIS: 50 CHA: 50
Armor Class: -4 (100 to -100)
Hitroll: 21 Damroll: 24
Alignment: -62 (-1000 to 1000)
Saving Throws: PAR[0] ROD[0] PET[4] BRE[0] SPE[-6]
Wimpy: 200
Load carried: Very Light
< 281h/501H 120v/120V >
score

Score information for Nokie

Hit points: 281(501) Moves: 120(120)
Experience Progress: 2475 %
Coins carried: 0 platinum 0 gold 0 silver 0 copper
Coins in bank: 38902 platinum 24770 gold 196 silver 165 copper
Prestige: 14261
Citizen of: Beluir
Outcast from: Leuthilspar
Playing time: 249 days / 13 hours/ 57 minutes
Title: Quickfingers -Locksmith- Elders of Netheril
Resurrection Fatigue
Detecting: Invisible Evil Good Heat
Enchantments: Farsee Fly

< 281h/501H 120v/120V >
< P: std > wield khanjari
You wield an enchanted khanjari dagger.
< 281h/901H 120v/120V >
< P: std >
Your vision blurs as you are basked in immense power from the mighty enchanted khanjari dagger.
Off in the disance you can hear Tiamat whimpering in fear as yet another unworthy soul wields the too-easy-to-get mighty enchanted khanjari dagger.

< 281h/901H 120v/120V >
attrib

Character attributes for Nokie

STR: *** AGI: *** DEX: *** CON: ***
POW: *** INT: *** WIS: *** CHA: ***

Armor Class: -100 (100 to -100)
Hitroll: 85 Damroll: 99
Alignment: -62 (-1000 to 1000)
Saving Throws: PAR[-20] ROD[-20] PET[-16] BRE[-20] SPE[-26]
Wimpy: 200
Load carried: Very Light
< 282h/901H 120v/120V >
score

Score information for Nokie

Hit points: 282(901) Moves: 120(120)
Experience Progress: 2475 %
Coins in bank: 38902 platinum 24770 gold 196 silver 165 copper
Prestige: 14261
Citizen of: Beluir
Outcast from: Leuthilspar
Playing time: 249 days / 13 hours/ 57 minutes
Title: Quickfingers -Locksmith- Elders of Netheril
Resurrection Fatigue
Detecting: Invisible Life Evil Good Heat Wraithform Hidden
Enchantments: Farsee Haste Fly Levitating All but low level spell All but high level spells Dragonscales Blur Displacement Fireshield Coldshield Vapire Touch
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:37 am

Sesexe: you're blonde
Kaede: 200 hp/mana? I want your glaive b/c Talsor and mine are broken and don't give nearly that much.

Also, doesn't khanjari give you a 2nd hit when you circle?

Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:09 am

A very well thought out argument Nokie. No cookie after your tantrum. To bed with you until you can discuss like a civilized myconid!

Lost.
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:25 am

Sesexe, it's about doing the right downgrades at the right places, not spewing them all over.

I have many classes, but none being a rogue. I always thought they were too easy to level and too abundant on the mud. Obviously I should now, though when I can wield 'nearly' tiamat worthly artifact daggers.

Anyone who says they aren't overpowered is kidding themselves.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:30 am

you have 39k platinum?

holy hell
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:37 am

Laugh I cant get to 99 damage wielding my khanjaris like ya do with yer twilights or ebonys or whatever they called and your ambrans or ranger quizinart elfmoon blades

All blades have certain plusses, before ya all start in on one, try think of all the other ones out there.

heh this is a silly thread

Stabby
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:59 am

Nilan wrote:Laugh I cant get to 99 damage wielding my khanjaris like ya do with yer twilights or ebonys or whatever they called and your ambrans or ranger quizinart elfmoon blades

All blades have certain plusses, before ya all start in on one, try think of all the other ones out there.

heh this is a silly thread

Stabby

Why bring ebony up? It sucks :P Why bring windsong up? It's not all to hot either :P They have !place in a conversation about this dagger. :P
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:00 am

I don't think dagger is that amazing statwise... the little vit proc is neat, the dam proc is rare, and I wouldnt rely on the hit proc to bring my hit up so i can whack things, so i am hitting anyway.

Certainly i think valhalla scepter pwns it. And if tia was in the game in any of her incarnations valhalla scepter would be 10 times easier to get than khanjari. I think realms on a weapon is pretty darn nice and khanjari certainly is a long way behond 6d4.

Anyhow, should be more great weapons, specially in the 2 hander category. This whole issue of getting better hit damn off 1 earring than off a two handed magic fiery sword is silly.. Upgrade weapons to bring em inline with khanjari!
Kaede
Sojourner

Postby Kaede » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:34 pm

Oops, Dalar was right, looks like bard glaive's kill proc was downgraded. Still, its a nice weapon that adds a lot to a bard's arsenal for soloing, in groups, and even in zones, much like the avengers.

Enchanted khanjari however will not let you solo. It will help tremendously in zone survival and thus allow a rogue to function to their full extent. It does not have the damage capabilities of several other weapons that people are conveniently ignoring. However, I could see the vit proc amount being downgraded.

As for tia scepter... the ansi sucks! The main cause for this thread and all the complainers is because they envy the hot purple khanjari ansi. Isn't it obvious?

And Sarell's post is good.
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:06 pm

No it doesn't stack your circle. It will double your attack on a circle IF you miss a circle and land a regular attack. Prot all is uber, 6d4 is uber, 150 hp vit is uber, 1 khanjari effect at a time is not uber.

The difference with the other healing weapons is that whoever is wielding it is expected to tank. So then, healing adds to another level of their tanking powers.

Rogues can not tank with the vit.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:29 pm

Coins in bank: 58224 platinum 57279 gold 8 silver 2 copper

The khanjari procced at least half those plats for me, that's the REAL reason it's overpowered!

And I don't see anybody pretending about rogues being the least affected by the issues with melee. That doesn't make us non-melee classes, though, and what happens with melee DOES affect us, even if we have other skills which are our real bread and butter.

The hit/dam on this proc are really inconsequential, a very nice bonus for a primarily hitter class, but really only a reason to argue if that's what you're taking issue with. The equipment changes still aren't done, and who's to say there aren't better things in the works for all classes out there... although we saw what happened when one of the staff built an area and tried to give melee lovin' to clerics, he got reamed and ridiculed. Odds of them making THAT mistake again? Although I'll admit that I love the vit proc on the khanjari, that's the part of the proc that I might question about being overpowered. IF it's overpowered, however, that would indicate this weapon allows rogues to do things other classes can't. Just what, pray tell, does this weapon allow me to do above and beyond any other class? Everything which falls into that category is something I can do because I'm a rogue, and because I'm not too darned shabby at being a rogue, NOT because I'm wielding a specific weapon. I'm not out there perm blinding the mobs, or busting their coldshields so I can solo them without wasting a precious commodity, or major paralyzing their asses... You want to give me a majorly overpowered twinktool? Give me an item that procs major globe, preferably on keyword, THEN I'll show you some serious twinkiness, or a weapon that really does proc major para... mmmmmmmmmm. Overpowered is not only determined by the proc, itself, but also by how it is applied to the class which can utilize the item. Extra damage for a rogue is not overpowered, it's a tool.
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:46 pm

Bard glaive wasn't downgraded, it never proc'd for that much, and I should know, being the first to quest it and all.

-Tals
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:50 pm

Amen Ashiwi,

The dagger is a good rogue weapon, It helps us stay aliv in nasty areas, and it helps us with bursts of hit dam. A useful tool for a rogue. Does it let rogues solo? NO Does it let rogues be tanks? NO Does it do stuff to mobs to make em easyier to fight? NO

Its a rogue weapon, that helps occasionally with some hit points, to a class with reduced hit points that can wear hpts gear or they lose their effectiveness as hitters in groups. It helps with ocasionally giving extra hit or dam which is what a rogues weapon should do.

Nilan

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”