Ruagh has been encaged. Guess its time for my goodbye post.

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Ruagh
Sojourner

Ruagh has been encaged. Guess its time for my goodbye post.

Postby Ruagh » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:47 am

Yep thats it. Ruagh has been encaged by the immortals. Apparently, for having too much of my own opinion, which is forbidden, as it seems to me. I wasnt yelling aloud like many others, instead, I was pointing out the facts with a calm and low tone. You all knew me, I was trying to be straight and honest, and because of that I have been disliked by alot of people. I am is just what I am, and I am not going to lie to myself with behaving in a different, non-straight way. If this issue wont be resolved, and this post will be deleted from the BBS - I want you to spread around the word that I wanted to say that I love you, and I am missing you all so damn bad. Alot of pleasant memories are connecting me to Sojourn - but certain people around me are forcing me now to take my leave. If you wont see me again ever - remember my last words. You all are remembered and loved. I will say for the last time: "Good luck on your roads", as I was always saying before going offline. Let Tymora bless you. It is my time to take another road. Too bad I wont have any of you with me in my travels. But then again, I knew how to wander alone, right? Wish me good luck. I am going into the oblivion.

*With those words he turns out and moves by the way, without ever glancing back, soon disappearing in the mist of the calm morning*

Signed:
Ruagh Wander Alone, the former Weaponsmaster
Va'esse deireadh aep eigean... Something is ending...
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:05 am

Since people were asking me about the reasons of the caging, thats what I will say briefly:

A thread with constructive ideas where people were rather unhappy about the changes and were discussing what could be done (I have posted some proposals and opinions, which were apparently too unpleasant for the Immortals, along with Jegzed. He has even violated the sacred taboo of mentioning the Cherzra's name) has been deleted by Forgers, leaving something like "Trust the Forgers. Sorry, the rest has been censored." Then I have logged Ruagh in just to see that he is in the cage. Pretty clear, aint it?
Oghma
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Oghma » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:32 am

Ruagh, since you obviously don't want to wait to ask one of the gods why you were in the cage, I will tell you that you are not in for the aforementioned reason. If you'd like to talk about it, let me know when you see me on. I would be more than happy to talk to you.

Thanks,
Oghma
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:45 am

Well, something has to be said, just like Oghma did...
Too bad nobody cares to talk to me personally although I have been online all the time, and was online when Oghma was responding at the BBS, pretending that I am not online. And of course I wasnt expecting the imms to tell that they have did that for the aforementioned reasons. Btw, feel free to wipe this post in the same way the mentioned thread has been wiped, if you feel like it, thats ok.
Pheten
Sojourner

Postby Pheten » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:24 pm

The immorts now are nothing like the Nazi's of old who would cage you if you mentioned the wrong name. Needless to say if you are punished now there is a damned serious reason for it. 100 to 1 says if you ask them why you will find that they had every right to do what they did. And if you post the reason here everyone will agree with them.

Like I said this is just a guess going by what I've seen, but until we get facts that's all we can do huh.
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:29 pm

you will find that they had every right to do what they did

Hopefully. I will be glad to hear the reasons. I am kinda puzzled myself, but the logic seems to be clear to me so far, looking at the facts. So far, I can say for sure: the unhappy thread about the changes has been deleted. Apparently, there were reasons lying under it. Just nobody cared to tell them.
Silsaterur
Sojourner

Postby Silsaterur » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:08 pm

Raugh,

You've always been one of my hero's on the evil side... Jegzed too, and that bad mamajamma Turxx too.

Anywho, I think that if the gods are immature/inconciderate enough to cage you while you are logged out w/o at least leaving you a mudmail explaining why, it tells you one of three things.

1) They feel that you have to go to them for an explaination at thier leisure.
OR
2) They don't give a damn and just do as they please w/o thinking about how it affects the player they do it to.
OR
3) Both of the above.

Yes, I know they could have been busy or didn't have the time or a dozen of other silly reasons. However, they are all just excuses and administration should have at least SOME level of accountability to the people they oversee. Even if just a short explaination as to why one logged in to find themself caged.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:31 pm

This sucks.

Remember that you have a language barrier to overcome when you are communicating with him.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Kossuth
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Kossuth » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:10 pm

Ruagh,

To start off, let me first say that I am not particularly sure which thread you were talking about. Several threads that contained some rather out-of-hand content (a lot of cursing, etc.) were dealt with by Cyric not long after the EQ changes all went in. I'm sorry if you had something to say in one of those threads, but I do not know which specific thread you are referring to. However, I can also pretty safely say it wasn't deleted just because you had something to say about your equipment.

Having said that, your being caged has nothing to do with the BBS at all.

You were caged by one of the admins for camping inside an equipment zone. I am not sure at this point why you weren't informed of exactly that. In any case, the idea that you were being caged because of your EQ thread is something that I will tell you in NO uncertain terms is simply not true.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:16 pm

Why is the punishment for camping eq only a caging?
Last edited by Stamm on Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:19 pm

If you were to be caged b/c of your BBS posting you would have been banned from the BBS too or banned from the BBS first. Comparing Soj3 administration with the current one isn't valid too btw. And silsa, you don't even play so your opinion, as before, is invalid. They don't need to give an explanation when they already got enough evidence to cage you right?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:18 pm

Silsaterur wrote:Raugh,

You've always been one of my hero's on the evil side... Jegzed too, and that bad mamajamma Turxx too.

Anywho, I think that if the gods are immature/inconciderate enough to cage you while you are logged out w/o at least leaving you a mudmail explaining why, it tells you one of three things.

1) They feel that you have to go to them for an explaination at thier leisure.
OR
2) They don't give a damn and just do as they please w/o thinking about how it affects the player they do it to.
OR
3) Both of the above.

Yes, I know they could have been busy or didn't have the time or a dozen of other silly reasons. However, they are all just excuses and administration should have at least SOME level of accountability to the people they oversee. Even if just a short explaination as to why one logged in to find themself caged.

Administrative skills like that are why you run the show at foot locker!
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Silsaterur
Sojourner

*shrug*

Postby Silsaterur » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:03 pm

Dartan, who said I don't play here? I just don't play often, still zone when asked, even lead the odd zone... Mostly, I find myself helping the noobs I see doing something silly (Yeah, there are actually quite a few new players popping up lately) latest one was a paladin who set his hometown as baldur's gate wandring on the road leading to DK.

As for Footlocker; Thanuk, it's paying for that Bachelors that's gonna be on my wall in 10 short months...that and Hoegaarden. *Toast*

The rest of you, take it easy. *Beer*

And Raugh, I expect to see you leading again soon...
Adilmir tells you 'are you a Mumavore?'
Muma OOC: 'haha i just stuck my tongue out at the moniter'
Muma OOC: 'and yea i was sticking it out at you EV'
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:26 pm

8)

Thanuk's really got it hard on people's jobs of late.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:32 am

i heard, he camped in brass and not in the treasure room. Just some random room in the city.

where was the harm in that...

man maybe we should just jettison the camp command cuz i wouldnt want to get caged for camping in an EQ zone like Ice Crag.

*stare*

i donna wanna say this, but i think someone's been a bit over zealous in the admin department lately. Its good to see rules enforced, its kinda not cool to just start caging people left and right.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:07 am

kiryan wrote:i donna wanna say this, but i think someone's been a bit over zealous in the admin department lately. Its good to see rules enforced, its kinda not cool to just start caging people left and right.

Last time I heard of an evil being caged was over 8 months ago and the player was botting on ship exp. 'Left and right', who else has been caged recently? How can you say they are being overzealous? On what basis do you toss those accusations at them? You're making it sound like they do it every week or day! Have they been? I haven't seen it and I'm here 6 nights a week, but I don't see everything so maybe I've missed stuff. If caging 1-2 people a year is what you consider overzealous, then what do you consider to be relaxed enforcement? Jeez. :|

Where was the harm in camping in an eq zone? Uh, maybe because it's against the rules? Instead of talking about Ice Crag, use a more appropriate comparison: Are we allowed to camp at Brimir's in Jot? No. :(

What do you think this is the only time Ruagh has been suspected or accused of EQ camping or farming? Psilk drama ring any bells? Like Hello. As far as I know it was the first time he got caged for it.
Last edited by Sesexe on Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:47 am

kiryan wrote:i donna wanna say this, but i think someone's been a bit over zealous in the admin department lately. Its good to see rules enforced, its kinda not cool to just start caging people left and right.

At least now we know why there have been a rash of Admin promotions recently! :)
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:43 am

While the admins (and gods in general) of this mud are blamed for the majority of "punishments" that are doled out; while we are blamed for the level of "policing" that goes on here; while we take the crap that gets flung at us on a daily basis; while we promote gods who do enforce rules with success; while we post long-winded "same old" speeches on the BBS about our jobs, defending our actions to the minority, we do it gladly because we love this game.

For all of you mortals and immortals alike who play here without *any* problems, you are welcome. For all of you out there who consistently cause problems because you enjoy it, we are here to help those you offend by your rule breaking. For those of you who fall somewhere in the middle, it is ok. Everyone makes mistakes some time or another. :)

This is simple really. There are more or less 2 views about gods. Subcategories of each exist, but the basic 2 views are :

1) Gods are here to torment us, they know nothing of gameplay nor do they care what we as players think, go thru, or feel strongly about.

2) I'm ok with the gods here, they leave me alone and I leave them alone.

While each of us teeter between the two extremes or whether you firmly fit into one of those two categories, trust me when I say that each and every admin (and other spheres) has been frustrated with this game in one way or another. Just like you. You can hate what we do, you can question our motives, heck you can even hate us on a personal RL level if you choose to. The point is, this game that we work on exists for each of us who log in, whatever our reason for doing so. Everyone who logs on whether level 1 or level 60 comes here for one reason or another. We, the admins (and gods of all other spheres) exist to create an enjoyable atmosphere of fantasy gaming. If you do not enjoy it (which some of you simply do not), it isn't for our lack of trying.

If, for whatever reason, you fail to see the purpose of admins (or gods of other spheres), take a step back and look at the minute details. Remember the time when, upon logging in to this game for the very first time, you were entering a completely unknown and somewhat intimidating place. Remember the need you had for help in whatever regard you needed it. Remember, those of you of zoning levels, when you or someone in your group screwed up royally and needed that outside help for a CR from others. Or how about that time that PlayerX decided to break RuleZ and in turn it screwed you out of ResultA.

While you may have risen above "noob" status; while you may have minimal need of others to help you; while you glory in your pfile and the 1's and 0's that IS your favorite character; while you complain about what admins do - or don't do; while you sit there, glued to your screen hating every single second of that punishment you were given, remember that while you sit in the "abyss of punishment", you are there for a reason.

Sometimes, mistakes happen, stories get crossed and admins make mistakes. It happens. It does not happen often mind you, but they will, and inevitably, they will be pointed out by someone or the other seeking the "I told you so" point of view. In the case of this thread's cause, a rule was broken. A *very* basic rule was broken. No, we won't be reviewing the rules on EQ camping. Yes, we will cage you if you camp on EQ.

If you break rules (just like always), you will probably walk away with a bit of anger, or maybe a new appreciation for how hard it is to be an effective and, in return for that, hated admin. If you do or if you don't- we will continue to do our job. Always. Letting something "slide" won't happen. If something escapes our notice, someone wasn't paying attention. We are not out to get you. We (admins only in this case) are here to help *all of those other people* affected by *your* lack of caring when the rule *you* decide to break affects them. The big picture in this particular case may not be within your view, but we as admins can see it and we won't be losing sight of it.

*shrug*

One way or another, we are always the bad guy, aren't we. It is par for the course and it is why admins come and go so quickly. We are hated, we are loved, we are here to stay. Believe it or not, we love our players. Even without troublesome players, there would still be a need for admins.

Lots of you have been around long enough to remember waaaaaaay back in the day. The roots of admining on this mud were.... harsh and that is putting it very kindly. If you feel you are living under a dictatorship *now* in which you have zero freedom to "be who you are", we could always go back to the day where no questions were asked, ever. There is nothing holding you here, no force moving you to log on to our game. There is no requirement that we force upon *you* in specific that we do not ask all our players to do, even when rules get broken.

We have always been undergoing change. We will *always* continue to morph. Consider it the evolution of a butterfly. Upon creation, the thing that becomes the butterfly is almost always ugly. After the coccoon-phase, something potentially beautiful emerges. We are still stretching our wings. Eventually, we will be able to fly.... we hope.

So, continue to mud. Continue to enjoy. Continue to log in knowing that someone is watching your back for those others who would harm you. For the small percentage of you who log in and *do* hate the admins (and other spheres), relax. Or, don't. We'll still log in, and chances are, you will too.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:06 am

3rd view on gods : they're here for us to torment...and sorry shar i didnt read your post...way too long for me.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:15 am

I don't think the admins are the bad guys. But I do blame them for being too scared to come down hard on people doing things that annoy everybody, like camping equipment for example.

I can understand why Ruagh got upset when he was caged, maybe that could have been avoided with a mudmail or something. But if he was rented in Brass then he should have known he was rented in Brass, and anybody rented in Brass can expect to get removed from there.

Maybe I don't represent the general will of the mud, but if a rule is there then it should be obeyed and policed, if you don't agree with it then talk to the Gods about it, they like a laugh just like you and they do take their jobs seriously (from what I've seen anyway).

Anyway, I'd much prefer people were outright deleted when they were obviously camping equipment (no, I don't mean Ruagh, if he had his reasons then so be it) but if sonmeone has an alt rented at an equip spot, they're logging them on at crashes/boots and checking for a rare then camping out, delete all their chars, it'll soon stop.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:23 am

this is way out of hand.

i bet you that unless they are a very high level admin, theonly place they can reset your start room when you are not logged in is the cage.

dont over-react. i was one of the unfortunates who dealt with (thankfully only the one time) the hypocritical nature of the first toril's administration. i'm glad as hell that's not the case here, and we need to stop being bastards and taking advantage of how well we are being treated. so many issues we bring up are not only being RECOGNIZED, but most are being addressed rather quickly.

if you have never been caged before, ruagh, then i can understand your response. but it's a moot point now and this thread needs locking.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:45 am

Let me get this straight.. he was caged for camping in brass city nowhere near any eq?
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:50 am

Well, if he was caged for camping in brass I'd have to say the Imm who did it was either having a bad day or did not realize what they were doing.

Unless something has changed, brass is 'locked'. !teleport. Can't get in or out via gate/relo/shift/etc. So, Unless Ruagh has developed some nifty skills that noone knows about. . . he was basically trapped. Probably had to log in a hurry so he camped to avoid death. He couldn't leave . . golem would smite he. . . so. . oh well! Maybe someone just had a bad day =)

Lost
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:58 am

It's really easy to jump to conclusions when *bad things* happen. Why don't we all wait til it is explained further before we assume anything. (by the way I will jump to my own ASSumptions in a few seconds)

The player in question likes to adopt a *I am English challenged* when a problem arises, when I rememebr conversations with him where he claimed a better use/understanding of the English language, and that there was not one word he didnt know better, spell better, or use better in any sentence.. this was before the fist time he quit waaaaaaaaaaay back even before the psilk thing. o please don't use the language barrier whoever that was in an earlier post ..

The problem here is we players fail to realize that not just anyone is given an immort character. Oftentimes they are those players we respected most, and who deserve this ... hmm not proviliedge ... job?? .. ok job ..

So one would assume then that this was something that had become a problem, and the player in question had often broken the rules, was being watched, and logged on once again in a !camp location, thuis was caged.

Are we players ASSUMING it was Brass or do we know for sure? Are we ASSUMING it was the first infraction or do we know? Either way, it is really none of our business, and why speculate further? Let the punushment be dealt with, discussed by the *immorts*, and let the player in question know why it is so ... Again, I'd ASSume that if he was caged for eq camping and actually wasn't, then he would be less outraged in his original post, and say something to the effect of .. "I had an emergency and had to leave fast", then the rest of the group he was with could vouge(spelling?) for him ...

buahaha try to get me with your invalid_session, wank ass BBS :P I copied this time!! buahahaha

-Jen, judge and Jury :)
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:10 pm

Okay, I havent got any word from the Immortals yet, but let me clear some "ASSumptions".

I havent heard any word/mmail from the Immortals yet, explaining the situation, but thats what happened before caging (maybe it is related, maybe not - I dont know for sure yet. "Forgers are still trying to forge something", like Ive said :twisted: ). So, last time I have logged off !caged was when I have camped in Brass, nowhere near the eq places, just on the street. (Corth, tell ya a secret, I was about to solo the amey next boot! But hushhhhh! Thats a top-secret twink!) That was when my Internet channel was out for like 10 mins due to tech problems, and the tiny evil group who dared to challenge Brass with minimal forces has left, and the gater has logged. Now, please, explain me, how could anybody leave an extraplanar zone without any damn mages online? This is addressing the critical drop in pbase numbers in general/good vs evil balance/avalanche effect issues, but I am not touching that right now. Just explain me, what could be done, please, in the situation when you are sitting on another plane, and no mages are online for quite a long time? Add a remort for the silly [TANK] class, allowing them to cast the gate/relocate spell!

Ambar: (and you, Bruthus...)
The player in question likes to adopt a *I am English challenged* when a problem arises

Dont mention the language barrier here, PLEASE. I havent said a word about it myself, HAVE I?
Me cun speek Common quide gud. Me smurt trol! :P
After all, its an English text-based RPG game.

Kossuth:
Several threads that contained some rather out-of-hand content (a lot of cursing, etc.) were dealt with by Cyric not long after the EQ changes all went in. I'm sorry if you had something to say in one of those threads
I can also pretty safely say it wasn't deleted just because you had something to say about your equipment.

Well, so you do agree that Cyric HAS censored the BBS, and wiped the threads he didnt liked, right? Just to make things clear. And btw, the thread Im referring to had no cursing in it, there were rather the facts showing that the changes just arent quite right, and several suggestions on what could be done instead. And also I havent whinned about my own equipment. Im okay with it, it is badass enough. After all, the persons affected by the changes were mostly low to mid-levels. I was touching the politics in general, and seems like I better should leave that topic alone.

Signed:
Ex-weaponsmaster Ruagh
P.S. And btw, if you feel like deleting me, do that. I dont mind at all.
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:05 pm

I probably would have just given a warning, but caging sounds like a pretty light punishment to me, assuming the duration is not too long. If there is no gear that can be soloed, it doesn't seem like a big deal. As long as people are following the spirit of the law, that's what counts imo. In this situation, it seems a minor infraction brought a minor punishment (depending on the duration). That no explanation was sent was surely a mistake, as that's the sort of thing that creates work for other gods (kossuth, shar and any other god who replied to this post).

There are always gods that are perhaps a little overzealous. These are the gods that have no real work to do and are always snooping everyone, looking for trouble, and deleting posts, etc. This is just an annoyance we have to accept, and it could be far worse. A good example is when on my previous mud, I accidentally spammed on the equivalent of OOC. About 15-20 seconds later, a mortal with priveledged commands silenced my character. By then the spamming was well done, but he felt like he was doing something important. After the spamming I was emberrased as hell, and then when the silence came, I was angry, but I knew he was just trying to do his job (even though he didn't do it very well).

This is our business because it is in a public forum now. We see posts, we reply to them...that's how the bbs works.

- Mike
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:17 pm

Yarash:

Your assuming Ruagh is telling the truth and yet you still say he broke a rule. You are incorrect. There is nothing wrong with camping in brass... particularly outside the palace. Not a single item that can be twinked by one person. If you need to leave the zone in a hurry, you have no choice but to camp out in that area. Assuming, once again, that Ruagh is telling the truth, then it looks like we have a VERY overzealous admin on our hands. Whoever caged Ruagh should at least explain their side of the story....

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:55 pm

8)

I thought camping in any equipment zone was a breach of the rules, Corth.
Silsaterur
Sojourner

Postby Silsaterur » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:59 pm

I'll have to agree about the admin's here being NOTHING (in no way, shape or form) like some of the nazi admin's of the old toril days. I remember a friend getting deleted because he told an admin he was being childish. Touche. Then there are all of the stories that Naset/Chanelle/Turnak have told me about Soj1; some of them make me cringe.

I've recieved my share of special treatment from a few gods, and punishments from others, even been fed to Tiamat a few times by Miax for meantioning his mullet of olde. I also know about a lot of what they talk about on the imm channels. (Sometimes it's not pretty.)

So yeah, there is a LOT going on behind the scenes that we'll never even know about... But that doesn't change that the Admin's are just people, that they are not infallible and that they can't overreact just like some of us are on this thread. Some are just doing thier jobs, others just hang out and chat, yet others work thier fingertips to the bone.

I think we should just put this thread to rest, and let Raugh(I don't see what he did wrong) and the admins who dealt with him (and never said why) sort it out amongst themselves.

and that's all...
Pheten
Sojourner

Postby Pheten » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:02 pm

Assuming everything in this thread that has been said so far is true, then he didnt camp in the zone, his internet connection went down and he got left. On that subject which of us out there at one time or another in a zone has not HAD to log RIGHT NOW in a zone or had their ISP dump them. I know I have on more than one occasion and was never caged - and never expected to be caged.

Granted earlier I said that they most likely had a good reason for doing what they did but maybe I was wrong. I don't think what they did is HORRIBLE but I think it is stupid. Come on folks lets use some common sense here. IF you see the guy camping somewhere and twinking stuff on boot up cage his ass, if someone is camped in a zone solo once and they come back and a group comes to save them who the hell cares.

-phet
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:29 pm

Corth wrote:Your assuming Ruagh is telling the truth and yet you still say he broke a rule.

I did not say he broke a rule. I do not know enough of the situation to make such statements.

- Mike
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:48 pm

Can I get clarification on something?

Will I get caged if I go LD and void in an eq zone? Or do I just need to use the 'camp' command for that to happen? Thanks.
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:50 pm

Okay, the issue has been resolved, Ruagh has been un-caged. Kossuth has promised to make some clarifications.

I will still be around, but I feel that the changes are wrong, and I feel very tired and burned out, so I'll spend more time addressing IRL issues.

P.S. Still, guess Ive got the hint :P But anyway, the posts which have been "occasionally wiped" by Cyric will be re-posted soon enough in a separate thread, and the only chance to keep me from doing that will be a siteban. :P
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:54 pm

Ruagh if the posts were deleted, maybe you shouldn't repost them here on a site that belongs to them.
Guw
Sojourner

Postby Guw » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:30 pm

DK drow defence lawyer: I hereby call the next witness, Mr.Guw, of #3 UnderBridge, South Ghore.

*a troll stumps up to the bench dripping mud and blood*
A troll grunts 'what do ya want?'

DK drow court clerk says, "Please place your hand on this Book of Lloth and repeat after me..."

During the above-mentioned fateful brass trip both Muxxissinix and Ruagh had connection problems.

Muxxissinix went LD and voided in a room outside palace and was not caged. He logged on the next day and died, then waited about 10hour for a CR group to form.

Ruagh had link problems throughout the zone. When we were leaving Ruagh was LD and the leader (obviously) couldn't force him into portal on fire-plane. So rather than leave Ruagh to certain death on F-P the leader led Ruagh back into the "safety" of brass (lol) and then tog-follow'd him in there.

Sometime later after group had mostly disbanded Ruagh logged back on to find himself stranded.. he then camped since there was no other option.

Problem is that the person who camped got caged (which is actually sort of a blessing - a free trip back home if you like) whilst the voided person wasn't caged and later died producing a CR headache for all.

Maybe anyone who camps/voids in an eq-zone should just be returned to their hometowns next boot?

*prowls away whistling the theme from Gilligan's Island*
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:59 pm

Guw wrote:Maybe anyone who camps/voids in an eq-zone should just be returned to their hometowns next boot?

Hehe, you'd make everyone who goes LD in a zone on accident very happy. Seems like it has a little potential for abuse though. If x person who constantly afks decides they want to bail in a !tele zone halfway through, they just LD and wait for reboot/crash (which isn't a long wait these days ;)). *shrug* Shouldn't plan for the worst element though.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:35 pm

Please don't bring in my name in this discussion.

I can't remember any post I've written the last few months that was not a whine about my eq being downgraded. If any posts of mine was deleted, I could not care less...
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:07 pm

Yayaril wrote:8)

I thought camping in any equipment zone was a breach of the rules, Corth.

I thought you were more intelligent than that statement would suggest... :)

Goddamned slippery mage.
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:25 pm

So, if we live by Yayaril's rule. . . we can't ever camp/rent anywhere. Hell, I was so angry at those humans who always camped on the tiny silver ring. What twinks! And those elves camping on that white dragon .. . only 20 rooms away! Have they NO shame?! Dwarves camping on Beholder, Barbs camping on thunderbeasts. Just not fair at all. I think we should all load in Kossuth's bathroom at reboots and no one can leave until everyone else has logged on. At that point we'd all get flushed into random rooms throughout the mud. Thats the fair way to do it!

Lost.
Kossuth
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Kossuth » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:27 am

Ruagh's caging was only intended to last long enough for Ruagh to log on, get a short talking-to about camping an eq zone, and to be let out.

This never occurred because there were either no admins on when Ruagh logged, or when logged on, Ruagh did not stay on long enough in case an invis admin happened to be on, etc. Caging someone in this manner is an attention-getter for both the player and for us.

As to any alleged BBS censorship, I still have no idea what thread is being discussed here, as I see several threads that Ruagh has posted in.

Ruagh, feel free to put your opinions back up if the posts I still see aren't the ones in question. Your opinions are as welcome as anyone else's, so if your voice got lost in the shuffle, say it again so we can hear it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end.
Kossuth -- TorilMUD Administrator

Astine OOC: 'ask not what I do to your mom, ask what my mom will do to you'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”