Bashing creatures that small is silly at best.

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
thanuk
Sojourner

Bashing creatures that small is silly at best.

Postby thanuk » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:40 pm

This is an absurd concept. If something is too small to be bashed, why is there no way to knock it over or otherwise prevent it from casting? Honestly, if something is too small to get bashed, then kick should both sprawl and stun it every time it lands. If im fighting a brownie thats 8 inches tall, you're right, he's too small for me to bash. But if i kick him, he's gonna go flying. The only way something should be out of your size range to knock it over is if it's entirely too large for you, like giants and dragons and such.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:46 pm

Wow thanuk made a good point, even though I think it was suggested a while back that kick should bash small things. If a creature is too small for you to bash and 'tiny' size, you should be able to bash it with kick.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:22 pm

It would make kick actually useful too. I say tone down trip/stun/feeb/sil and up kick and make warriors the anti-casters they used to be.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:12 pm

Well, I suppose this'll help upgrade giant mobs a little.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:23 pm

8)

I agree. Things that are small should be really easy to knock over- heck, you might be able to just stomp on the ground and cause a tiny humanoid to fall over.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:11 pm

jot/musph gonna hurt.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:12 pm

kiryan wrote:jot/musph gonna hurt.

I dunno, they bash me up there. I guess it'll hurt if you're a dwarf though.

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Pheten
Sojourner

Postby Pheten » Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:20 am

** has visions of 15 warriors circled around ancient brownie playing hackie sack ** :)

Good idea though, put it in.

-phet
Werg
Sojourner

Postby Werg » Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:34 pm

Kick tha baby!
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:40 pm

another wierd thing ive noticed is wraith forms.

cant bash obviously
cant headbutt shieldpunch bodyslam or anything else of that fasion

except kick
its odd that you can kick the hell out of em, but cant touch em with any other non magic means.

Magic Kick?
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:41 pm

Ruxur wrote:another wierd thing ive noticed is wraith forms.

cant bash obviously
cant headbutt shieldpunch bodyslam or anything else of that fasion

except kick
its odd that you can kick the hell out of em, but cant touch em with any other non magic means.

Magic Kick?

No, magic boots:)

Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:47 pm

Ogres should get skill called stomp. For mobs that are teeny tiny, we should be able to try and "stomp" them. Instant kill skill. Yeah!

You stomp on a brownie, sending blood and guts flying EVERYWHERE!

or

You bring your heel down on a brownie, crushing him into the ground!

My ogre weighs 946lbs. He should be able to step on something that weighs in at like 2 lbs!
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:08 pm

Actually, as far as I remeber, I've never actually landed a successful kick on a wraithform. It always misses.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:19 pm

Hyldryn wrote:Actually, as far as I remeber, I've never actually landed a successful kick on a wraithform. It always misses.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I remember a brief period on toril where if you had magic boots you could kick wraithforms. I dont know if they ever dropped it, because I never even bother to kick unless a mob is mortally wounded. Kick is a useless skill, but the death message is fun.

Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:09 pm

Cordan wrote:My ogre weighs 946lbs.

*comfs*

little tiny boy ogre :(

*wink*
Grumdikanikus
Sojourner

Postby Grumdikanikus » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:49 pm

A little bit off the subject but not much. IS Being Air Embodied the same as being wraithform. I know sometimes I get bashed while air embodied and sometimes they just pass right thru me.

Why would mobs get a better Chance to bash wraith formed people that We do? If Air Embodiment is a form of Wraithform.

Just curious

Grummy
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:07 pm

Pheten wrote:** has visions of 15 warriors circled around ancient brownie playing hackie sack ** :)

ancient brownie is human size. and shieldpunch does stop smaller mobs from casting and if im not mistaken the chance to stun on smaller mobs is much greater than on mobs the same size or larger than you. maybe giving shieldpunch a chance to bash smaller mobs would be a better solution instead of giving us 2 skills for the same purpose.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:36 pm

Question.....

Think about shieldpunch a second.

If you're a warrior, and you are bashing with a shield, you throw your weight behind your shield and throw yourself into the mob and knock them down.

If you shieldpunch, you throw your shield at the mob and hit them with it.

Having fought sword/shield in the SCA, they are really the same thing, except for how hard you "push". Also, if they are to small to bash.... you gonna lean over or get on your knees to punch them with your shield?

I imagine myself fighting someone a 10th my size, and I just don't see how in the hell i can "shieldpunch" or "bash" them.

I guess my point is this.
Either:
1.Shieldpunch should have a chance to knock over small mobs as well as stun.
2. Take out shieldpunch, increase effectiveness of kick so it can stun and/or knock the wind out of someone. And instead of just bouncing off when bashing something "to large" to bash, have it act as shieldpunch does now. Or let kick do that.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:26 pm

The way I see it, kick would be used to bash/stun mobs that are much smaller than you, whereas shieldpunch would be used to attempt to stun mobs that are too large to bash. I agree with Cordan that anything that is too small to bash should also be too small to shieldpunch. Also regardless of mobs size, shieldpunch does not effectively stun often enough to even be considered a spell stopper. You basically shieldpunch and hope it even lands while waiting for the casters to land a silence. I would see kicking smaller mobs as a nearly failsafe way of preventing casting, as failsafe as bash is at any rate.

As for having 2 skills do the same thing...well both do bare minimum damage and have a small chance to stun, and it would be suicide to count on shieldpunch or kick to stun anything in the current game. So basically they both do the same thing already, might as well distinguish which is more useful for what purpose.

mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:35 pm

The way I've always looked at it,

Shieldpunch: kind of like a bitch slap or pistol whip with a shield strapped to your arm.

Bash: like a cop shouldering down a door but using a shield instead of a shoulder.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:50 pm

Grumdikanikus wrote:A little bit off the subject but not much. IS Being Air Embodied the same as being wraithform. I know sometimes I get bashed while air embodied and sometimes they just pass right thru me.

Why would mobs get a better Chance to bash wraith formed people that We do? If Air Embodiment is a form of Wraithform.

Just curious

Grummy

Fire/Air Embody only gives partial wraithform, its not full wraith. You have a chance of getting bashed, but usually they pass through. You also have a chance to successfully bash, but you usually pass through.
Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:52 pm

mynazzaraxxsyn wrote:The way I've always looked at it,

Shieldpunch: kind of like a bitch slap or pistol whip with a shield strapped to your arm.

Bash: like a cop shouldering down a door but using a shield instead of a shoulder.

I use a heater when I fight, so I suppose you could punch using the top corner of the shield, but that would only work effectively on people around your size or larger where you could hit something solid with the shield (head to lower midsection).

Thanuk has the right of it though, two skills that do minimum damage and have a small chance of stun isn't really going to help. If we tailored kick for smaller mobs, and shieldpunch for larger mobs, and made them more effective, that might help warriors out a bit.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:33 pm

bump.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”