Old School Players

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Glaman
Sojourner

Old School Players

Postby Glaman » Mon Mar 05, 2001 3:28 am

How many old school players are still around? im talking about poeple that remember DA, CS, Eye, etc. back when necros could go into WD (this was changed right after i started) back when there were no zones in between the run from ghore to faang. when BS eq kicked ass. when you had to be lvl 20 to have a chance at getting out of ghore=P when GH was aggro to all races.
Elscint
Sojourner

Postby Elscint » Mon Mar 05, 2001 3:52 am

Hey Glaman you forgot one part. How about people who remember <Legion of Chaos>?

Elscint Hairytoes (The Halfling Sorcerer)
Luke
Elscint
Sojourner

Postby Elscint » Mon Mar 05, 2001 3:53 am

Hey Glaman you forgot one part. How about people who remember Legion of Chaos?

Luke
agreiver
Sojourner

Postby agreiver » Mon Mar 05, 2001 4:39 am

Yeah when BS Bonemail and TG earrings sold for like 2k each.. When you were the top dog if you had an emerald ls and a sword of cymrych hugh...
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Mon Mar 05, 2001 5:10 am

Yeah that kicked butt, Agreiver!

Old school hard core!

Nokie Quickfingers!
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Mar 05, 2001 5:15 am

heh.. I saved up for a couple of months to get a tg earring.
Tempus
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Tempus » Mon Mar 05, 2001 5:32 am

Anyone remember Seventh Star? (guild)
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Mon Mar 05, 2001 5:39 am

I really don't qualify as "old school" but I was around when brotherhood of balance was around and some pud human warrior (i.e. elscint's primary) was in or TRYING to get in that guild...laugh!

*hugs hairytoes!*

Wobb
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Mon Mar 05, 2001 5:42 am

Tempus, were they around during the same time as Mailed Fist (the old Sojourn pre-wipe back in 1994 I think)
Tempus
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Tempus » Mon Mar 05, 2001 6:01 am

Yeah I believe so. It was in the first batch of guilds. I think it was second? Not sure, been to damn long:P It was mostly mages, though it was started by a Paladin. We had our own guild house with a dragon for a guild guard. He would trans you in when you whispered the password. It was clutch.
Nymn
Sojourner

Postby Nymn » Mon Mar 05, 2001 6:52 am

heh, remember everything glaman mentioned but i started either a little before or after the wipe, that phase is kinda hazy, but i do seem to recall losing a character and not knowing enough about mudding to realize it was probably cause it wiped;)
so i don't remember mailed fist and all those guilds:( *sigh* course..i was like 12 at the time;)

Nymn
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Mar 05, 2001 2:50 pm

I remember the good ole days.. Doin Myranthea with Mailed Fist... Getting Xygom well for the first time, etc... I also remember wandering around with Draaz and the crew(kor, etc) just getting exp and stuff. Image

Course, that was back when I played the uber-crossdresser, Tatayana.. Before I switched to Mal and became universally despised. Image

Mal
Joth
Sojourner

Postby Joth » Mon Mar 05, 2001 4:54 pm

Hehe I remember the days of LOS and Eye Image.
Mikar
Sojourner

Postby Mikar » Mon Mar 05, 2001 6:11 pm

Seventh Star was in the first wave of guilds as I recall. That was before any of the charter rules and such.

Most of the guilds were God-sponsored. I thought Mystra sponsored the Seventh Star and then gods like Oghma, Deneir, and Tyr followed suit with other guilds.

Policy was changed because guilds started to boom and there was too many issues with favoritism.

Least that is how I recall it, but hell that was 6 years ago, so what the hell do I know :P

What other guilds were around in the early days?

I remember Seventh Star, Mailed Fist, and Wizards of Thay all around the same time.

Alliance of Balance, Knights of Light, and all that stuff came well afterwards so those don't count. Anyone recall?

-Bob / Mikar
Tempus
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Tempus » Mon Mar 05, 2001 7:40 pm

I wanna say Harpers? Or some version thereof? Can't recall for sure, but its on the tip of my tongue...Anyhoo, yeah all the guilds were god sponsored. I got a pretty sweet mask for starting Seventh Star. Deneir's original mortal, whose name escapes me *whap*, took it over after I disappeared. Good thing too, I was a terrible guild leader:P
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Mon Mar 05, 2001 8:00 pm

Tempus his name was Dracor...

Wizards of thay does not fall into the first guilds.

There was:

Order of the Seventh Star
Clan Soul Forger
House Crimsonettii
The Zhentium (this was one of the last guilds before the opening of sojourn in Late Decemeber of 93' or something)
Ulnd
Sojourner

Postby Ulnd » Mon Mar 05, 2001 8:22 pm

Damn, Now that stuff was a long time ago. I couldn't really recall most of that stuff until you guys started talking about it again. But then again I was pretty much a newbie in 93. Hey anybody remember Zothmo from way back then?

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 05, 2001 8:26 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mikar:
Seventh Star was in the first wave of guilds as I recall. That was before any of the charter rules and such.

Seventh Star, then House Crimsonesti -- Da Elves :P

Most of the guilds were God-sponsored. I thought Mystra sponsored the Seventh Star and then gods like Oghma, Deneir, and Tyr followed suit with other guilds.

Yes and no :P I sponsored Seventh Star, then Labelas -- either after or at the same time, can't remember -- sponsored House Crimsonesti. I don't remember the other guilds cause 3/4 of the MUD were in Crimson and Star :P In fact, before we shut that down, we were going to add chapter houses on EM and several other places. We had TOO many members :P

<B>What other guilds were around in the early days?

I remember Seventh Star, Mailed Fist, and Wizards of Thay all around the same time.</B>

Grrr. On the MUD machine, if I still have a directory, lies email from that era. Some from Tempus *waves at Steve* and lots from Dracor (Deneir) and talks about all the other guilds and stuff. I think there were only 4 or so, that far back and Mailed Fist wasn't one of them. I'll see if Miax still has my dir on there tonight.

</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Roan (edited 03-05-2001).]

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 05, 2001 8:29 pm

Ah, I see Shad has all the info Image

Ah, Yah, Soul Forgers -- they were Moradin's (Grimtooth) gang and the Zhents -- dang it was that the original Cyric? Sounds like it.

My gosh that was a looooooooooong time ago.

We didn't even have a web site then. Oh! Who remembers what the original web site looked like? What was the header? Not you, Shad! Shush! Image

[This message has been edited by Roan (edited 03-05-2001).]
Rymbie
Sojourner

Postby Rymbie » Mon Mar 05, 2001 8:40 pm

Yeah, all this stuff brings back some good memories...*sniff*...hehe...

As for guilds, there was also Underground Seas, sponsored by Valkur. I was part of that guild with my monk way back then, and I remember thinking how spanky my lil' abalone earring (our guild item) was.

Wasn't one of the mortal heads of Seventh Star some mage named Dracor? I think I remember him always chatting with Mystra on OOC in an RP sort of way...you know, like "Good eve, m'lady" and that sort of stuff...hehe.

I think there was also a guild called Clan Kimagure or something like that, with peeps like Tenchi Muyo & Pluto runnin' their show.
They came in right before the first wipe, so I don't think they were around long...

Come on guys, keep those old skool memories comin'! Image

Rymbie/Shyarn
Rymbie
Sojourner

Postby Rymbie » Mon Mar 05, 2001 8:43 pm

Woops, totally missed that Ilshad had already pointed out Dracor. *whap me*

I had no idea he was Deneir's mort...hehe. :P
Vlorm
Sojourner

Postby Vlorm » Mon Mar 05, 2001 9:17 pm

I remember some nice barb warrior named Gorsh walked up to my first real character (you don't wanna know) and gave him some Gauntlets of Eradication...I was the envy of all my friends (yeah i had one or two!)
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Mon Mar 05, 2001 9:52 pm

I remember trolls being allowed in WD, I remember grouping with Serro, Wharrok, Thrakazog, Drakkoth, Grimulk, Anga, Wug, Zira, Urz as my troll. I remember Jerthal, Xyzom and quite a lot else of the existance of LoC, Thay. I was in Dark Alliance and thoroughly enjoyed having the huge troll guildguard toss me onto our landlocked ship. I remember CS, Eye and grouping with great warriors of old such as Garosh, Gorsh, Kurz, and Draaz. Other than that I'm sorta blury :P

Jim S
Dlur, Motog, ect of Sojourn/Tempus of Exile
Mikar
Sojourner

Postby Mikar » Mon Mar 05, 2001 11:15 pm

Ilshad-

Thanks, hehe. I knew I had my facts messed up a little. That sure was a long time ago.

I just remember the first guild I remember seeing was the Seventh Star and they had funky blue titles and the guild hall entrance and such got me interested in guilds for the first time.

Soul Forger & House Crimsonetti. Damn, you have a good memory.

YAR!

-Bob / Mikar
Sszantiel/Morthor
Sojourner

Postby Sszantiel/Morthor » Tue Mar 06, 2001 3:33 am

I was just wondering if anyone remembers the charter creators of the "Free Traders" and (I think it was called) "Clan Forgefire"? Later.

-Sszantiel the amnesic snake.
Somerled
Sojourner

Postby Somerled » Tue Mar 06, 2001 4:03 am

Im thinkin that anyone who has been around since pre TAA would be considered "old school"?

Regards
Rymbie
Sojourner

Postby Rymbie » Tue Mar 06, 2001 4:23 am

Just remembered another guild...wasn't the Drow House Akh Elamshin part of all those earlier ones? I remember Elena and Nyx (Liran) in that...

Hmm, I remember a dorf conjie Banyal that was one of the leaders of Clan Forgefire. Don't remember much else about them, except that their charter was later found out to be kinda copied from an AD&D dwarved clan or something...hehe. :P

Rymbie/Shyarn
Mikar
Sojourner

Postby Mikar » Tue Mar 06, 2001 5:49 pm

My earliest memories of Sojourn. . .

-Names like Bonecrusher, Vanity, and Pookah.

-Or how about Parkas, Wugoku, and Brunthar.

-Warriors holding two radiant opals.

-Dual wielding an Emerald Longsword and a Crimson Sword of Armonder

-Killing sentries and palace guards in Mithril Halls (then located near BloodStone)

-Belt of Daggers rocked!

-Getting squashed by Rocks and Harpies!

-Elite goblins that each had 1p on them Image

Yada yada yada Image

-Bob / Mikar
Selenar
Sojourner

Postby Selenar » Tue Mar 06, 2001 8:08 pm

...what was the name of the all female guild? Sister something. After so long I can't recall that much. And the name of that old encampment of bandits (?) where the sword of the four elven kings came from..?

Something who has a better memory than me get on this! =p

-Sel
Glaman
Sojourner

Postby Glaman » Tue Mar 06, 2001 9:00 pm

damn dlur, i forgot about most of those evils that you mentioned, hehehe. some of them were awesome as hell. zira, zooka, urz, grimulk. all of those helped me out lots. i knew of the others that you mentioned,(wasnt gogan a troll too) but they all quit before i got high enough to do anything. oh yeah, i also forgot about the other evil guild that i remember, Blood Horde.
Tempus
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Tempus » Tue Mar 06, 2001 10:25 pm

How bout when bash actually stopped a mob from hitting back! We actually had to time the bashes so that the mob never stood. Was really quite fun. That guy Grendel would tank Kang for the Fangs of the Serpent, and we kept him bashed almost the whole time.

Good times.
Galzar
Sojourner

Postby Galzar » Wed Mar 07, 2001 3:55 am

hey i remember back when i was playing mikayla i used to group with drow in WD, then i joined mailed fist and was not allowed to group with drow no more Image
Ithrynn
Sojourner

Postby Ithrynn » Wed Mar 07, 2001 9:20 am

Anyia Alaesius-Huwe, sable rose, sisterhood
Ithrynn, the wake, crimson sigil
Ixxixxiss

...(amongst many other guises) was/is me! ...just wanted to drop by and say hello. i see a number of familiar names; thanks for the memories!

btw, tamra came up with the idea for the sisterhood, i suggested the name, and kelieia was the heart that kept it running. (thanks kelieia)

have a good one all.
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Wed Mar 07, 2001 12:24 pm

Heh you guys are thinking after the wipe was the beginning of Sojourn...

We were talking about when Seventh Star existed ect...Sisterhood was not an old guild, ect.

I am talking about Serro Jerro, Vanity, ect spanking imix allthe time, 50 flaming earrings in the portable hole. Bjorte tanking silly mobs and keep getting ressed and repeat.

How many of you remeber Bjorte? He was a cool guy.

I remeber doing the quest with Drcor to obtain his shimmering white staff from the astral plane.... FUN FUN...

I remeber Valkur kidnapping Galas and making her a duegar and having Dracor having to save her.

Those were the days of old....
Joth
Sojourner

Postby Joth » Wed Mar 07, 2001 3:56 pm

I remember all those guild of old, I was playing for like 2 months then mud went down and came back up. Back then I was Law Image, then change my name to Jihad. I was with was with mailedfist, then joined Soulforgers, and Vanity was like my sponsor into the guild Image. Then later when new mud came up meet up with modu in EM because did the "naked run" through astral. Then it was the 3 man crew of Jihad, Modu, and Lugonn Image. With Brunthar, Serro, and Garosh, forgot there mage though.
Faerwynd
Sojourner

Postby Faerwynd » Wed Mar 07, 2001 5:03 pm

Who, Rand?
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Wed Mar 07, 2001 5:03 pm

The gang was:

Serro, Rand, Sao (the mage you forgot), Tryth, Brunthar, Rhea (Vanity sorc), Garosh, Vrazel (the name before ilshadrial), Ray, Xyzom, Riemann, Jearth, Stil (OMG I just beat me head to remeber that name, STIL!!!!) later came Yrbie, Marforp, Selenar, and others.

I remeber you twinking those bags of holdings from hell when the game had just come back up.

I can't complain becasue you twinked me one also Image

I also remeber when everyone would kill for a ring of fire protection and summoning the roc to get the talons!

The good old days....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joth:
I remember all those guild of old, I was playing for like 2 months then mud went down and came back up. Back then I was Law Image, then change my name to Jihad. I was with was with mailedfist, then joined Soulforgers, and Vanity was like my sponsor into the guild Image. Then later when new mud came up meet up with modu in EM because did the "naked run" through astral. Then it was the 3 man crew of Jihad, Modu, and Lugonn Image. With Brunthar, Serro, and Garosh, forgot there mage though. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
modu
Sojourner

Postby modu » Wed Mar 07, 2001 6:08 pm

I remember Bjorte well. I think I cast my first stoneskin on him. Was wondering if anyone else would remember him.

One more memory to throw into the mix. Anyone remember the week of leveling dangerously. There was some group of players that went from 30-50 in a week following a necro doing bloodstone guilds.
Thats how they leveled. Why was it dangerous? Well they got deleted by the gods almost the second they got to 50 for not turning in the exploit. Can't remember the names now as usual.
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Wed Mar 07, 2001 8:14 pm

That was Mordenkenon/Deidrit/Cerze....

They did not get deleted but got deleved by 15 levels...

D was 50 and was dropped to 35 ect...

The were killing the guards/watchmen/executioner....
Deward
Sojourner

Postby Deward » Wed Mar 07, 2001 9:11 pm

I was a leader of Clan ForgeFire and it wasn't copied out of any D&D books. We kept our titles for all of week before the new association rules went in and killed us. I still have that charter around here somewhere. It was huge. It involved Banyal, Me, Dohrum, PL??? something or other, and a few others. Someone else tried to revive the guild and I remember emailing them the charter but I can't remember who it was. It was during Sojourn2 era which I played for abouta week only. We were never big but we tried. =)
Elscint
Sojourner

Postby Elscint » Wed Mar 07, 2001 9:41 pm

I believe the biggest confusion of this thread is what is old and what is ancient =P
To the best of my ability I will work back.
Soj3 - Future
pwipe
Soj2 - Yesterday *smirk* (Dunno didn't play much)
pwipe
Toril - Not so long ago (Angras Etherea, uhmmmmmmmmm, peeps like Trogar, etc..)
split with duris (no pwipe)
Sojourn1 - Old (Legion of Chaos, Eye, Crimson Sigil. Peeps like Jerthal, Lothair, Xuan Kong, Benshar, etc..)
pwipe
Pre-Sojourn1 - Ancient (mages worked on a mana system at this time, Rand, Serro, Vanity, the names you see Ilsha posting during this time)

Luke
P.S. The honest to goodness truth is I started just at the end of pre-sojourn1 made like level 5 and then it wiped and I started over. I'm honestly not sure what the mud was called I think they did call it Sojourn but I'm not entirely sure, obviously Kris would be the authority on this subject since he's the one that was actually there from start to finish =P
Rymbie
Sojourner

Postby Rymbie » Wed Mar 07, 2001 10:55 pm

Hey Deward...=)

Didn't mean to sound like I was bashin' your Clan or anything, it was just something that I'm pretty sure I remember hearing...either posted on the old Soj website or on OOC. It well might've been the folks who were trying to revive Forgefire, but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure Mystra/Roan would know more about it.

Toodles! Image

Rymbie/Shyarn
Frobakhal
Sojourner

Postby Frobakhal » Thu Mar 08, 2001 6:19 am

How long was Soj1 up for? I remember starting out then, but that was about 4 months prior to 'The Dream' when they had to restore from a month's backup.
Faerwynd
Sojourner

Postby Faerwynd » Thu Mar 08, 2001 4:19 pm

I was a level 15 drow warrior (or assassin maybe) named Rindal in the Zhentarim (I believe the tag was "Zhentilar" for the non-human members) in the ancient, pre-Sojourn1 days (yes it was called Sojourn. I remember this because I had just read the Dark Elf Trilogy, Homeland/Exile/Sojourn).

I dual wielded glowing scimitars of course (Drizzt wannabee).

We had a ton of fun with a spotter by the Great Fountain who would gsay when people left the safety zone. We'd summon them to the room under the armory in the bazaar with the door closed and wack them.

I think we pwiped after that day.
Zogur
Sojourner

Postby Zogur » Thu Mar 08, 2001 7:41 pm

Hrmm... this all reminds me of when the mudconnector random mud took me to Sojourn, my first ever mud. I remember trying to raise a sorc named Krabat (impossible that anyone remembers, he wasnt worth it). Wasted all of my european evenings on a crappy europe-us internet link with an average 400ms delay. That dont work for casters.
Decided to go Kryga (some small zerker, later warrior) and sticked to it till 50.

Indeed, those were some days. Trolls sitting 1w... Killing Lord P and Khelben... hrmm... guess I look forward to SJIII!!

Zogur/Kryga/Krob/Krabat
Zogur
Sojourner

Postby Zogur » Thu Mar 08, 2001 7:43 pm

My eternal friendship to Eldric, Kilmaria and Kasmira...

nuff said

Zogur/Kryga/Krob/Krabat
Tyren
Sojourner

Postby Tyren » Thu Mar 08, 2001 9:29 pm

Old timers?

Hmmm...I remember Xyzom failing to cast
Create Spring during a marriage between
a human and some elf/half-elf on
Evermeet.

Does that count?
Lyta
Sojourner

Postby Lyta » Thu Mar 08, 2001 11:12 pm

After reading this thread, all I have to say is: Ilsha', you're ANCIENT. Image I vaguely remember some of the names you're throwing around (it has nothing to do with MUI during that time). Anyone have a timeline of when each version of Sojourn came about? I think I started towards the end of pre-Soj but can't quite recall. Image

Lyta
Spamwiches(tm), Ogres love them too!
Wargar
Sojourner

Postby Wargar » Thu Mar 08, 2001 11:37 pm

Hrm, how'd that go.. something like this..

NEWS:
12/1/94 The Pwipe occured two months earlier than planned!

or so.. (enter Sojourn1). I of course, wasn't too overly sore about losing my 2.75th level character.

Wargar/Sarlend

[This message has been edited by Wargar (edited 03-08-2001).]
Galzar
Sojourner

Postby Galzar » Fri Mar 09, 2001 2:57 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Elscint:
<B>I believe the biggest confusion of this thread is what is old and what is ancient =P
To the best of my ability I will work back.
Soj3 - Future
pwipe
Soj2 - Yesterday *smirk* (Dunno didn't play much)
pwipe
Toril - Not so long ago (Angras Etherea, uhmmmmmmmmm, peeps like Trogar, etc..)
split with duris (no pwipe)
Sojourn1 - Old (Legion of Chaos, Eye, Crimson Sigil. Peeps like Jerthal, Lothair, Xuan Kong, Benshar, etc..)
pwipe
Pre-Sojourn1 - Ancient (mages worked on a mana system at this time, Rand, Serro, Vanity, the names you see Ilsha posting during this time)

Luke
P.S. The honest to goodness truth is I started just at the end of pre-sojourn1 made like level 5 and then it wiped and I started over. I'm honestly not sure what the mud was called I think they did call it Sojourn but I'm not entirely sure, obviously Kris would be the authority on this subject since he's the one that was actually there from start to finish =P</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey elsback then us clerics had a wimpy version of stone skin called protection from physical attacks, and it was major and minor Image

omg, did i remember that, damn i am old Image LOL

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”