Lee Malvo - DC sniper

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
rylan
Sojourner

Lee Malvo - DC sniper

Postby rylan » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:35 pm

Does it disgust anyone else that this scumbag waste of skin only got sentenced to life in prison w/o parole, and fined 200k? I mean seriously, does anyone actually think they'll get any money out of a teenager, let alone 200k? I don't understand how what he did doesn't call for a swift summary execution. The other scumbag he was with is got the death penalty. They should both be executed together.
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:46 pm

After about 5 years of prison and the eventual loving to come with it, I'm sure he'll wish he was dead. Take comfort in that...
Meatshield
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:52 pm

They fined him the two hundred grand so that no matter how he gets or earns it, he will never have money in prison.
Life in prison with no hope and no money is worse than death.
<I>When a man lies, he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?</I>
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:16 pm

My stance is that the a**-raping that he'll get in prison from "Bubba" for the next 60+ years of his life (or until his nether cavity collapses with a fit and a sigh and he dies of internal hemoraging) will be much better punishment than death.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the death penalty, but in some instances I think it's much more appropriate punishment to allow someone to live in complete and total misery than kill them.

Although I think the perfect punishment may have been tieing him to a post in a shooting range and having 20 or so military/police snipers load up their rifles. Give some of them blanks and some of them live rounds. Let each of them take aim at him from 50 yards away so that Malvo can plainly see what they are doing and yet be able to do nothing about it. Then let each one fire their round. If it's a blank he'll crap his pants. If it's a live round maybe he'll live (I say use small rounds) by not getting shot in the head, majory artery, spine, or heart. Maybe the snipers could play with him, shoot him in the kneecaps or shoulder or clip him in the guts. Then send him to the hospital to see if you can save him. Add the hospital fees to his fines. Then put him in prison for life, always making sure he has a very large, very gay bunk mate. Make sure he has no possibility of parole, ever, not even if he's 80 years old. That might be fitting punishment, maybe.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:38 pm

always let the victim's families handle this sort of thing ...
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:42 pm

Mob justice at its finest.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:18 am

I have a feeling he was that older guy's gay lover, so Malvo will probably enjoy the ass pounding he'll get in prison.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:08 am

people have done worse and been punished less. and i doubt that his life in prison will be as horrid as you think. even those of you who think that jail is a sure-fire way to meet the gay lover of your dreams seem to forget an important fact. all he has to do is convert in prison. a black islamic man is prison won't be punished for his crimes outside the prison. that sort of thing is for the perverse. if anything, among the criminal community he may gain notoriety for his actions.

his attack on society is something that the anarchist prison lifers will admire and respect possibly, giving him the only thing he needs in prison; protection.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:46 pm

Ambar wrote:always let the victim's families handle this sort of thing ...

No.
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:01 pm

rylan wrote:I have a feeling he was that older guy's gay lover, so Malvo will probably enjoy the ass pounding he'll get in prison.

Hurm, good point. So install him as the recieving end of a public urinal (concealed by porcellin but still able to see who's pipi he's soon to be drinking). Eventually he'll die of malnutrition but that's sure be a good punishment. Unless he's into water sports like syncronized swimming or water polo.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv

*~~~~~~~~~~*

"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:22 pm

Stamm wrote:No.

Sorry, scottish ppl don't get an opinion. How's that farmer guy from england doing btw? The guy who shot a burglar who broke into his home and then got arrested for attempted murder on the robber? Yeah, we want advice from that judicial system:)
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Joras
Sojourner

DC Sniper

Postby Joras » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:31 pm

Well, considering I lived right in the middle of the Sniper area in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area. I feel I have a right to comment on this. I was scared to get gas, I wouldn't let my 7 years old (At the time) son out to play. I was worried if he would be safe at school. The DC area was actually terrorized. I think both of them should be hung from the neck until dead, old fashion style. (Although, not in public.. at some military installation or prison.)

The jury was to afraid to give a "child" the death penalty.. As far as I'm concerned when he picked up that rifle he became a man, and when he shot that FBI agent in the parking lot he became a murderer, and should be punished as such.

Thats all I have to say about that.
Joras
It's better to burn out then to fade away!
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:47 pm

Don't they both have a trial in MD yet? Or does just Mohammad? I know they were going to try him in VA first because of more chance of death penality. But the Gov. of MD has said that he will lift MD's stay of execution just for these two.

I personally am all for public executions again. A noose is a hell of a lot cheaper then housing this waste of space for the next 50ish years.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:11 pm

Draw and quartering seems appropriate:)
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:31 pm

thanuk wrote:Draw and quartering seems appropriate:)

As long as its public.
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:34 pm

Hey maybe they could put it on pay-per-view and recover some of the costs of the trial.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:23 pm

thanuk wrote:

Sorry, scottish ppl don't get an opinion. How's that farmer guy from england doing btw? The guy who shot a burglar who broke into his home and then got arrested for attempted murder on the robber? Yeah, we want advice from that judicial system:)

Scots law is entirely different to English law.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:04 pm

Stamm wrote:
thanuk wrote:

Scots law is entirely different to English law.

Yeah, haven't you ever seen Braveheart? They ride their horses into offending noble's castles and take a ball and chain to said noble's head then ride the horse out the window of the tower.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:08 pm

Only for minor offences.
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:22 pm

Personally, I would've rather they executed him, but I'll settle for life without parole. Will he gain some notoriety for being a "mass murderer"? Possibly, he's already a textbook Psychopath, he'll probably fit in with the rest of those fairly easily. Having notoriety among prisoners doesn't do anything but the possibility of guaranteeing your safety amongst your own demographic. The respect doesn't exactly extend to the other population. I'm sure the white supremecist(sp) populations will have it out for him, some righteous crusade against the black man that killed "all those innocent white people".

Gerad has a good point too, fining him $200,000 means he will have no income, the $1 a day he would normally get for working will go to pay that off, which means no cigarettes, no candy bars, etc.

It sucks that we have to pay for his miserable existence, but at least we are playing a key role in making his life miserable.. And barring any prisoner justice, could be the next 50+ years. I can revel in the fact that he wakes up to a cement floor three feet away from a toilet for the next 50+ years.
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:44 pm

Such bloodlust at Christmas is a disappointment to see. How does it feel at his level?
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:53 pm

Eilistraee wrote:Such bloodlust at Christmas is a disappointment to see. How does it feel at his level?

That's exactly right.

There should be no place for vengeance of revenge in verdicts.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:04 pm

Eilistraee wrote:Such bloodlust at Christmas is a disappointment to see. How does it feel at his level?

I don't see what point christmas plays in this. If nothing else its christmas that makes the bloodlust come out in people. Took me over 45 minutes last night to buy two light bulbs. Not counting the 2 hours it took me to get to and from Wal-Mart.
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:26 pm

Stamm wrote:
That's exactly right.

There should be no place for vengeance of revenge in verdicts.

That's exactly what it is. The judicial system gave up Prison as a means of rehabilitation in either the 1900's or the 1910's. It's punishment.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”