Old School Players

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 09, 2001 5:01 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wargar:
<B>Hrm, how'd that go.. something like this..

NEWS:
12/1/94 The Pwipe occured two months earlier than planned!

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I poked around some of the old news files. Here's an interesting entry:

&+G 4/04/96: &=LY The Dream!
You saw it in the motd, the news file was also lost, so I'm starting a new one.

Although, that doesn't seem to be true, because we have entries going back another year. The oldest is:

&+GNews 4/3/95&n:
Bleah: The old formula and table for how stats affect AC was messed up, I had hoped that fixing it would not cause trauma, so didn't add it to the news. Ah well, so much for assuming. Anyway, as we said when we converted stats, Agility affects AC now, not Dexterity. It's fixed now, and other than minor adjustments (maybe), it's gonna stay how it is for a while. Some of you may actually have IMPROVED your AC (those with high Agility).

Changes to movement and position commands:

You may now move while kneeling (crawling), and prone (slithering) Both of these forms of movement take extra time, and move points.

Main advantage: In single file rooms you may recline and slither past an obstructing character (yes this means you can get past the goats in the mountains now). Just 'recline' and then try to move normally, works just like 'clambering over' prone characters before. Only restriction, you can't slither past a character who is fighting (you or something else). To support this, you can now recline/kneel/sit while fighting (usual penalties for not standing in combat apply).

--D2, Archivist - Tiamat, Inc.

[This message has been edited by D2 (edited 03-09-2001).]
Menoch
Sojourner

Postby Menoch » Fri Mar 09, 2001 8:50 am

Gawd I haven't seen some of these names in forever.

A couple names I didn't notice mentioned yet that I--amazingly--manage to retain in my seive of a memory:
Cerze, Bracchus, Enth and Thengil (I saw them mentioned in another thread though). Oh yeah and Deidrit (crap, was that how you spelled it? I dunno, but he drug Demogorgon into the prime when big stuff could relocate across zones, tee hee). Raiwen (saw her mentioned in another thread, too). Kron. Quite a few Mailed Fist people in that list aren't there? They were the first real dedicated roleplayers I met online. Miss those guys Image

And of course all the LOC people, and CS people.

This all seems like 300 years ago :P

Memories....la la la.

--Menoch Vaguul, The Outlander! (he of the coolest restrung clothes!)
Menoch
Sojourner

Postby Menoch » Fri Mar 09, 2001 9:05 am

OH and forgot Haemos Sanguine!

--Pegleg
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Fri Mar 09, 2001 12:34 pm

Hey Menoch,

Been forever!!!!

I still think your description was just okay....After all those arcane runic marks on your two teeth was just unreal. And the black wooden peg leg you had in the description! *bah*

Tease!!!

OOOOOooo Hrm how did you spell your paladin's name again? Latamir? and his bitch daughter was, hrmp! Can't remeber her Image

Ilshadrial
Rymbie
Sojourner

Postby Rymbie » Sat Mar 10, 2001 1:30 am

Wow...long time no see Menoch! Image

Gosh, I remember doing an insane amount of tower exp with your Paly (yep Ilsha, it was Latimer). And when you won that description contest...dang, I was so jealous! Hehe...

Oh, and all of your heated arguments with Haemos on the board...those were always awesome to read. Image

Rymbie/Shyarn
leebo3
Sojourner

Postby leebo3 » Sat Mar 10, 2001 3:45 am

I remember all that and more, I won't name stuff cause most of the posts below are adequate (some aren't). I do wish to say hey to all the "Legion of the Lance" members and say how much I enjoyed playing on Toril for MANY years.

Aluntra Windhammer, Defender - Legion of the Lance (Last known member before guilds were dissolved)
Menoch
Sojourner

Postby Menoch » Sat Mar 10, 2001 9:35 am

Latimer's daughter was named Galera Image

You know I still have all those old posts from the message board between Latimer, Ilshad and Haemos somewhere hehe.
Galzar
Sojourner

Postby Galzar » Sat Mar 10, 2001 11:48 am

menochie pooh Image whats up old man?

Galzar/Mikayla
Cortek
Sojourner

Postby Cortek » Sat Mar 10, 2001 2:04 pm

just stop to say hi, sup, whatsgoingon, howslife, *lick*
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Mar 11, 2001 3:47 am

Ketroc!
Thengil
Sojourner

Postby Thengil » Mon Mar 12, 2001 9:22 pm

Hey Menoch, good to see ya Image
Hathgar
Sojourner

Postby Hathgar » Thu Mar 15, 2001 5:46 am

Hi all, hope to see all my evil friends in the swamp soon.

*ROAR!*
Danilor
Sojourner

Postby Danilor » Thu Mar 15, 2001 2:32 pm

It has been a long time!! It's good to see alot of the faces that have since been just memories of a slowly fading past.

Hope to see you all around sometime soon! Image

~Danilor/Miloni/Graelov
CS/RoT
Faerwynd
Sojourner

Postby Faerwynd » Thu Mar 15, 2001 2:35 pm

Graelov, Graelov, didn't you have a different name before and it was changed by the Gods? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else... hmm...

Jaeb
Glarec
Sojourner

Postby Glarec » Fri Mar 16, 2001 2:52 am

ah damn the good o days Image it was like being a part of a big family (eyes) that could never be replaced(and it still hasn't). good to see you all oldies again Image

frojjie the high guardian of eyes Image
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Fri Mar 16, 2001 7:05 pm

my my my ... I remember being a BADLY rolled grey elf ranger who loved to cast spells (groan)

took me about a WEEK to get to level 8

hmmm 95-96'ish (don't exactly remember)

Soj3 .. been waiting for you guys!!!

best luck and let US know what you need from US!!

ciao bubbas!!!!

[This message has been edited by Karikhan (edited 03-16-2001).]
Jerra
Sojourner

Postby Jerra » Fri Mar 16, 2001 10:20 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joth:
I remember all those guild of old, I was playing for like 2 months then mud went down and came back up. Back then I was Law Image, then change my name to Jihad. I was with was with mailedfist, then joined Soulforgers, and Vanity was like my sponsor into the guild Image. Then later when new mud came up meet up with modu in EM because did the "naked run" through astral. Then it was the 3 man crew of Jihad, Modu, and Lugonn Image. With Brunthar, Serro, and Garosh, forgot there mage though. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bah it was First Jihad Vaez and Lugonn... Them Was Jerra , Jihad and Modu... we found modu sitting on moonshae's I met him while trying to tank tristan at level 16 and modu had just got stone ... I think that made him level 26 but I cant remember exactly Image ...and Brunthar , Serro, Garosh's mage was named Sao Image

[This message has been edited by Jerra (edited 03-16-2001).]
lucan
Sojourner

Postby lucan » Sat Jul 14, 2001 7:21 am

Ah damn, so many old memeories.

Grouping with Dracor & Nijma when I was just starting as Lucan the elf ranger. Those were the days. Many other fine folks to remember as well. Especially when I was playing Indis the monk. Anya, Elscint, Modu, Gluk, Nymn, so many. Damn, I remember teaching Nymn about being a monk in the Waterdeep tavern!

Xyd
Sojourner

Postby Xyd » Sat Jul 14, 2001 6:20 pm

My first memories of Soj were just over 7 years ago when Rylandir (best RP elf ever, imho), Celion and Cassandra retrieved my elf newbie corpse from Gwark.

Anyone remember a warrior whose 4-letter name started with a "T"...? He retrieved my corpse from the Automaton -- something no one else would even attempt.

Oh, and Gorsh. What a great warrior of old that I had the chance to meet in RL (along with some other Florida guys). I remember the first time I grouped with him and typed "group" and saw this:

(Head) 998/998 hit, 140/140 move Gorsh

As an elf cleric I was stunned. Image

.xyd
Aedes
Sojourner

Postby Aedes » Sat Jul 14, 2001 6:25 pm

I'm back....in limited fashion tho.

Man....how great is this to come back and find the mud open again?
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Sat Jul 14, 2001 6:47 pm

My memory isn't so good, but I do recall saying I was never going to play on this stupid mud again when they implemented those counfounding spell circles...whoever heard of that crap!

whoa...just read through entire topic. so I'm pre-soj1, woo, I go. Now if someone could tell me exactly when that was so I know what to tell my therapist...

[This message has been edited by Kuurg (edited 07-14-2001).]
Cerlayne
Sojourner

Postby Cerlayne » Sat Jul 14, 2001 7:06 pm

damn old days.. i remember i checked toril out for a bbs i was staff of.. we were trying to add some new links to places... and once i logged on i got addicted... someone mentioned gwark.. i remember dying to him many times and turt yelling at us cause noone bashed him.. like 3 elf rangers and 1 elf warrior level 16th or so were gonna keep gwark down back then.. grin... i also remember legion of the lance... i was marrying dhearick and was gonna become a founder when mystra made the guild changes and poof went LoL... unfortunately dhearick left shortly after also... i remember the su monsters kicking my butt at level hrmm 8 i think and arigon's sister (i forget her name) a cleric came and rescued me.. almost died herself...going down memory lane... lots of fun times....
Gorkl
Sojourner

Postby Gorkl » Sat Jul 14, 2001 11:28 pm

I really sucked back then, still do now, just alot older.
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Mon Jul 16, 2001 5:44 am

Some of you people are far too dedicated to this place, geeze. I've been here over 5.5 years and I can't even pretend to have as many stories as you.

Toril was my first MUD ever, not an easy place to start. Good old Fenroria the Grey Elven thief was how I started. That was back in the day when thieves sucked circle did nothing. Figuring out how to handle the maze on the way to Anna's cottage in Faerie Forest is one of my first memories of this place. That, and trying to wear my spear, who knew that ya needed to wield it, eh?

Glorishan
asamoth
Sojourner

Postby asamoth » Mon Jul 16, 2001 5:25 pm

Sooo many old names. According to the timeline I guess I'm just old. Started right after that 94 wipe, and remember the 2 month early message. Course at that time I had to ask what a pwipe was heh. Hey all.

------------------
Asamoth Matsuki - Husband of Liyesha
Red Wizard of Thay
Zulkir of Thay
the Flux - Crimson Sigil
High Wizard Eye Aeternum
Planewalker -=Riders Of Twilight=-
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Jul 16, 2001 5:45 pm

i'm only old. but young at heart Image
some memory i had was doing buffs w/ ranon and i forget the druid. he was oc druid that was basically anon all the time. ms sister in the single file room w/ 2 aussies athorn and some sorc. and finally lyndra's monk taking me to ic. tavon taking me to fp. modu getting me ress. does anyone remember the female sorc. her name begins w/ S. she fireballed herself during an eq split and died.
Rymbie
Sojourner

Postby Rymbie » Mon Jul 16, 2001 7:23 pm

Xyd,

I think the warrior you're talking about was Tien. He was a pretty badazz barb warrior back in the day.

Rymbie/Shyarn
Lnarb
Sojourner

Postby Lnarb » Mon Jul 16, 2001 9:58 pm

I saw this thread and just _had_ to post. It brought back so many memories. Anyway, I just had to say hi! You just might see me around on Sojourn3 from time to time in one form or another. And then you just might not recognize me as Lnarb when you do see me Image
Wargar
Sojourner

Postby Wargar » Mon Jul 16, 2001 10:56 pm

Re-reading brought up some more old memories!

- Tien at 34th level "stealing" mine and my brothers kill for the bronze helmet in southern WD! (we were high teen/low 20 at the time)

- When the code messed up and anything worked for password! I typed randomly 029835 and logged on as Tien (was around the same day, his name popped into my head first. After petitioning 'umm, I think we have a problem' and getting no response, I preceded to log on Lloth to explain it! (had no idea how much of a bad idea that would be until a friend advised me to log off NOW (Lloth.. who is she?!?)

- Watching Lnarb spam o followers bash ascuren (3 elementals, around 60 hps each :P) while Altren tanked and Burunga healed (don't remember who won that one, I believe Ascuren). This was around the time Misty was put in I believe.

- Being in the group when Tatayana was still beaming about having the emerald longsword (Ok ok, I was the nobody sorc brought along solely for the haste and single stone I had -Sister Exp before SF room changes)

- Borgen Bonesplitter tanking ship exp, with Burunga Bonesplitter healing, Altren bashing (or trying to), I think Lnarb stoning?, when I finally got that first stoneskin (and promptly lost it soon after)

- Again, Altren Borgen Burunga and crew.. going nuts when Burunga got no-fail FH! (And at I think 32 level, Burunga getting asked to help with the Ancient Brownie! (spank)

- Asamoth's swarm quest (back in the god run quest days) and the fun in Nizari (as fun as the then-buff thieves, and RP'ing dragons could be!)

Sigh.. good ol' times!
silvea
Sojourner

Postby silvea » Tue Jul 17, 2001 7:22 am

Not sure when, but I set up in Astral with Trilea for about 4 to 7 hours (don't know exact). Becouse a group wanted to do Tiamat.
I got welled to a few times but in gereral I was boared like hell that time. Now I think back it was also kinda funny. I had no triggers or so, so chatted all the time, met some intresting people then I never met! They killed her I think and got a nice silver runed engraved ring for the effort and a few other items... (I was lvl 22 so great stuff for me :P)
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Sojourner

Postby Sangdraxus Blackfire » Wed Jul 18, 2001 8:35 pm

Veil of Darkness was sponsered by Shar...

Man, I just read this entire thing, I feel old now... even older then I felt before. I remember starting a character in the first run... going on vacation coming back and I was starting over again. I was thinking to myself... "well this mud sucks".

Serro, Jaeron, Modu, Vanity, Shabay (jumps into a ditch and hides), Ilsha, Garosh, Ranon <-- always bitching about not having a better sword then Garosh... God the list goes on and on.

Oh yah... and Tadra.

So many evils to....

and of course Myself, Sangdraxus... and another brother in arms... Haemos.

Kalthanan takes up the torch now...

Memories...

------------------
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Ancient Defender of Mask - Sojourn
Leader of the Veil of Darkness
Garosh
Sojourner

Postby Garosh » Thu Jul 19, 2001 7:23 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sangdraxus Blackfire:
<B>Veil of Darkness was sponsered by Shar...

Man, I just read this entire thing, I feel old now... even older then I felt before. I remember starting a character in the first run... going on vacation coming back and I was starting over again. I was thinking to myself... "well this mud sucks".

Serro, Jaeron, Modu, Vanity, Shabay (jumps into a ditch and hides), Ilsha, Garosh, Ranon <-- always bitching about not having a better sword then Garosh... God the list goes on and on.

Oh yah... and Tadra.

So many evils to....

and of course Myself, Sangdraxus... and another brother in arms... Haemos.

Kalthanan takes up the torch now...

Memories...

I remember that wipe..
after the first incarnation..went home for Christmas, came back, and Like New years eve a wipe was done.(was it 1993?)
Start from scratch all over Image
Had to plevel up with eq that wouldnt make a level 5 nowadays envious.
Wish I still had a screenshot of the eq...damn it was sucky..

Garosh
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Sojourner

Postby Sangdraxus Blackfire » Thu Jul 19, 2001 7:57 pm

Yep about that time...

I just remember hanging out with Ranon and You and some others on a couple Jot runs, and he had that blue two hander, and you had the big daddy-doo doo... and he would always whine... laugh

I still laugh at that today sometimes... it cracks me up how much a couple k of pixels on a monitor make people react the way they do...

Anyone here from some of the other old timers... I know some of you play now in other incarnations... but as old as some of those people were back in early 90's, they have to be rolling up a ramp to their house now in an electric wheelchair (Shabay)...

LOL, I crack myself up!

------------------
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Ancient Defender of Mask - Sojourn
Leader of the Veil of Darkness
Garosh
Sojourner

Postby Garosh » Thu Jul 19, 2001 8:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sangdraxus Blackfire:
<B>Yep about that time...

I just remember hanging out with Ranon and You and some others on a couple Jot runs, and he had that blue two hander, and you had the big daddy-doo doo... and he would always whine... laugh

I still laugh at that today sometimes... it cracks me up how much a couple k of pixels on a monitor make people react the way they do...

Anyone here from some of the other old timers... I know some of you play now in other incarnations... but as old as some of those people were back in early 90's, they have to be rolling up a ramp to their house now in an electric wheelchair (Shabay)...

LOL, I crack myself up!

I'm rolling up that ramp now in my easy-pace moped at the ripe old age of 27..
Getting old for an ancient barbarian.
which reminds me..
I remember one time I didnt log on for a few months..came back and logged on
Garosh was like 103 years old..had to crawl my ass to a necro, since you dont regen moves very fast when you that old Image

I miss the days of Clan Soulforger, what a pack of Dwarves we were!!
And our honorary member, Rand, the gRey elf Necro **(Clan Necrotank)** something like that Image

The good ol days, when being a warrior, berserker, and mercenary meant something.
*brings a tear to his eye*
so much for melee damage now!

Garosh
Haurnguim
Sojourner

Postby Haurnguim » Fri Aug 17, 2001 8:13 am

Hi all!

I just saw this topic and had to reply as an oldtime newbie (I knew headbutt was dangerous, but that dream back then really was way too long Image.

I used to hang out with a couple of the swedes:
Ikhar, Yarkul, Gallmore, Rethan, Astansus (and his A-P friend...damn, cant recall the name...shame on me...anyone remembers?).

Other names digged out of my memory (I know some are already mentioned in this thread earlier, but I'll ramble anyways):
Zooka, Toddrick, Kurz, Varia, Tagad, Dlur, Mikar, Ilsha, Calib, Kryga, Sangdraxus, Zira...and so many more!

It feels frustrating not to remember all those other names, but what can you expect of a headbuttet barb brain... Image

Thanks all for those great years!!

--
Haurnguim Bearclaw,
Maevar ? (feh, can't even rememeber my own last name),
Urkash Nose Burnt
Astansus
Sojourner

Postby Astansus » Fri Aug 17, 2001 9:03 am

Hadjan
Shendria
Sojourner

Postby Shendria » Fri Aug 17, 2001 9:59 am

Wow, its been so long that I've seen Sojourn/Toril around that I forgot my old sorceress that used to be in the sisterhood. Only remember she was azure rose and had a hubby by name of Asamoth. But its so nice to find the mud up and running after so long. =)

*waves around*

Shendria
L(something), Azure rose of the Sisterhood

Addon: Ahh found her name, Liyesha, uhh just noticed above, that Asamoth posted with a signature, so that reminded me of name.... wee =)

[This message has been edited by Shendria (edited 08-17-2001).]
Haurnguim
Sojourner

Postby Haurnguim » Fri Aug 17, 2001 10:58 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Astansus:
Hadjan</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right! Thanks!
Now I can stop pondering and get back to work again...
Rethan
Sojourner

Postby Rethan » Fri Aug 17, 2001 11:34 am

ummm nevermind Image
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Fri Aug 17, 2001 3:27 pm

Wow, makes me shudder how long I've been around, I gotta pay closer attention. I remember the Shadows Guild in Militants Leather, bombing around WD and SS with Tayros ( I still gotta hit you for getting me addicted to this blasted game ) Never got past 21 at that time, so didn't get to do much fun stuff by big standards, but obviously had a blast anyway. Remember most of the people mentioned above, and seeing the stuff they had... made me drool then. Now I just make plans for taking over the world.... where's Pinky when I need him.

Was Toplack then, am again, was Gort (Clan Pride of the Sabertooth) on S2 as mains.

Comparatively speaking to most posts, I didn't know much then, and don't know a whole lot now. But its all fun, still remember that wipe, and the other wipe, and that other wipe...

Anyway, the gravity well has increased around my computer so I'm on often.

Toplack/Gort/Toplack
Liran
Sojourner

Postby Liran » Fri Aug 17, 2001 3:30 pm

(=

[This message has been edited by Liran (edited 08-21-2001).]
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Fri Aug 17, 2001 8:15 pm

I suppose I started sometime in the 'old' timeline.. I remember 'The Dream' quite well, as it completely deleted my level 21 necromancer, the highest I ever achieved of that class until this wipe. I was a <25 nothing for nearly a year, but I did manage to get into the Legion of the Lance with my paladin.. I'm fairly certain that I was the last known member, having logged on 4 months after guilds were dissolved and still having the title.

The memories are all vague, and the mud was nothing much other than the place I 'grew up' into mudding. It's odd when one would describe oneself as a full-time mudder.

-Todrael
Altan
Sojourner

Postby Altan » Sat Aug 18, 2001 12:10 am

Just reading these post and started thinking, Much like ya'll have done. Was trying to remember some of my early memories, I think some of the funnest stuff was with Gbiran, me him and a warrior named Gontak used to slay whatever would let us. Image

We were hell with the GC Innkeeper. heh..

I remember once wandering down into some vines under WD, god, can't remember where they were tho, but Only person I "kinda" new was Varia, she was level 32 cleric and her and some warrior, hmm.. Taz or something like that, real short name, they went and got my corpse, I was like level 12, didn't know WTF I was doing. heh..

I can remember the first time I did CC, with Drabyl and Corth, Don't remember who lead, I believe it was Trogar or someone, and that was also the day I switched from Telix to Zmud. Image

First big item I ever got, that I THOUGHT was big, was the Fishing Vest, heh, I thought I was so cool cause I could wear my container. Image

Funniest item I ever sold was to, hmm.. I wanna say Rylan? or maybe Elscint? was a bleached human skull, was junk, I think +15 hp's, held, but it was +2000000 style. laugh.. sold it for some STOOPID amount, corse it wasn't like plat mattered then. Image

Worse memory was either the roots spank that time, or the 36 hour Tiamat.

Worse feeling, hmm. Guess that was sitting in a group watching two seperate group leaders bitching cause they both wanted the zone and both "claimed" it. The bad feeling was cause I felt bad standing there listening to the bitching and knowing it's a game, and tempers were flying, and I don't think clerics will ever have a spell to quench that. Image

Best feeling in the world on the mud.. hmm.
That would have to have been when me and Duard killed stuff we shouldn't have, not as two man, stuff like ogre shaman, banshee, silly stuff that a group could take, but made us feel good doing it with a cleric and warrior. Image

Just thought i'd ramble a bit, Some of the names ya'll have mentioned I hadn't thought about in a long time. It's nice to see some folks have a HELL of a lot better memory than me. grin.

Altan Thalndor *Wandering Healer* (RIP) *grin*
asamoth
Sojourner

Postby asamoth » Tue Aug 21, 2001 3:54 pm

Hey Shendria drop me an e-mail at NOSPAMekung@ocf.berkeley.eduNOSPAM (remove NOSPAM, all of a sudden got more junk mail blah) pls =)

------------------
Asamoth Matsuki - Husband of Liyesha
Red Wizard of Thay
Zulkir of Thay
the Flux - Crimson Sigil
High Wizard Eye Aeternum
Planewalker -=Riders Of Twilight=-

[This message has been edited by asamoth (edited 08-21-2001).]

[This message has been edited by asamoth (edited 08-31-2001).]
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Tue Aug 21, 2001 10:44 pm

Damn, I can't remember when I started. My first character was a mage called Kimchi. I was Toarn and Zoldak too. They later made me change it Image I'm still dreaming of a pkill Christmas.

Weq
Waza
Modu
Slavan
Falod
Dolaf
Jaeb

Keran Kegraider stands here donning a T-shirt that reads "Sojourn - Much Respect"

[This message has been edited by Keran (edited 08-21-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Keran (edited 08-21-2001).]
Malikite
Sojourner

Postby Malikite » Wed Aug 22, 2001 2:28 am

Wow, too many Memories! I remember Back when it was so hard to get Ad Leggings/Sleeves, good old lost sword of Cymrych Hugh, Em LS, Bloodstained Helm. Dem Perm illum Opal... Sword of the 4 elven kings (which BtW was from Castle Volheru) The good old Group from the Orig Order of the Wyrm.
Cheers to Sangdraxus, Burunga, Tadra, Xyzom, Kloin, Proky, Asamoth, Santego, Khazid, Diac, Lnarb, Saaz(Lyt), Ilva(Nitania) and all the rest of the good old peeps that I missed out on - Cheers to you all

Malikite Silverhawk/Imazar (and once Drax)
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Wed Aug 22, 2001 6:33 pm

kloin & proky. i couldn't remember their names. they took me to my 1st sister xp. it was awesome
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sun Aug 26, 2001 8:12 pm

Speaking of Santego...anyone seen him or Ratiis lately?

Delm
Jethrus
Sojourner

Postby Jethrus » Tue Aug 28, 2001 9:19 pm

The evil I remember most was Grunthar. When many of the evils got tired of !cleric/wellers/globers he was still running around doing what little he could.

As for guilds no one has mentioned the late and short lived Errants of Deorc! :P

-Jethrus Monk of Yore
Jarid
Sojourner

Postby Jarid » Wed Aug 29, 2001 11:59 am

Bah Errants wasn't that long ago. :P

I can't even remember most of the guilds that were around when I started, I do know I was in a bunch of crappy ones though. CS hadn't formed yet (no titles anyway), Eye and Mailed Fist were the only ones I really noticed. I myself was in Myth Drannor, Circle of Valor, uhmmm, whatever that changed to when it merged with KoL and Oath of Gallistel? (is that right?)

I was also in RoT for about 37 seconds. heh

I must say as far as old old stuff goes I have to reiterate that Myranthea was my favorite zone.
Berthol the Dwarf, the black knight, Knight's quest, being backstabbed by montel, sir gamlot the invisible guy with the black sword and chestplate riding his invisible horse around where the sisterhood's guild was a few years later. The hidden thief captain and his 'a dirk called 'intimidator'' or something like that, and most of all, exping green goblins for hours and hours. There was a bunch of other stuff but I'm getting senile in my old age. Rant over.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”