Make farsee and invis worth a damn

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Marforp
Sojourner

Make farsee and invis worth a damn

Postby Marforp » Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:47 pm

Once upon a time when farsee was the only way you could see into the next room it was worth a damn. I understand it may have been a pain only having sorc to scan for mobs, but well that (I thought as a mage) was a great feature. Now though their is plenty of eq about to allow it to be the way it was before without being to much discomfort to the rest of the mud...think about it.

Secondly, I think moving invis and detect invis up a number of circles would be a good idea. The effect would be almost zero to the high level end of the game and would make the spell actually usefull to the lower level individuals...think about it.

Marforp (a.k.a. Sasdor / Lalokiple)
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:59 am

I think low level PCs get far more out of being able to invis than they lose from low level mobs being able to do it personally, if that's what you are implying?
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:10 am

I think the suggestion is so that low level mobs can't see invis.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Reyek
Sojourner

Postby Reyek » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:03 am

RE: FARSEE. I was just thinking about farsee the other day. I played another mud where you could see more than one room away. Maybe farsee could be made to see 2 (or more) rooms away (when you look in that direction) in addition to the seldom useful seeing through doors.

RE:INVIS. I thought for a second that there should be a greater invis that would just be a higher level improved version. Then I thought...who would have this?... illusionists of course. Then I realized that illusionists already have these abilities with change self etc.
Regular invisibility is far too useful at lower levels to change in my opinion.

-Reyek-
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:53 pm

i think the biggest problem that happened to farsee was scan.

forget the fact that eq gives it to you, it's half the spell/ability it used to be. it's now only good for looking behind doors.

It does need a "tweak" but i have no clue exactly what. perhaps the 2 room deal, perhaps not. but the ability to extend ones sight into an adjacent room, and be able to use the "scan" command as if you were in that room would be interesting.
Pheten
Sojourner

Postby Pheten » Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:25 pm

Farsee:
abilities when spell is active:

look north scan:
You extend your vision to the North and scan the surrounding rooms.

Look north look east.
You extend your vision to the north and look to the east.

Not horribly overpowering, great for scouting and seeing what is in adjacent rooms of the one you are going to be moving into and makes the spell worth something again. As said by others right now it is really almost worth nothing. =)

Oh and yank the ability to see through doors with it if this is done so people dont scream overpowered.
Marforp
Sojourner

Postby Marforp » Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:45 pm

IMHO good thoughts on farsee Reyek / Pheten.

Marforp (a.k.a. Lalokiple / Sasdor)
Werg
Sojourner

Postby Werg » Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:45 pm

the more than one room thing is cool... but not around corners... make it able to see 2 rooms in the same direction. i.e. 1e and 2e
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:49 pm

Yeah an extra room in the same direction would be fine. Or allow you to see into a room that conditions would normally not allow, such as daylight or darkness, or maybe be able to actually know that an exit is a teleporter and not just the room next door.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:00 pm

rylan wrote:allow you to see into a room that conditions would normally not allow, such as daylight or darkness

I love that idea, but it makes it fairly powerful.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”