Old School Players

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Nitania
Sojourner

Postby Nitania » Wed Aug 29, 2001 5:52 pm

I idolize Jarid. Always have Image

Thanks for the newbie CR(s) Jarid!!!! They were plentiful.

Nitania

The old days *were* the funnest Image
Tamra
Sojourner

Postby Tamra » Sat Sep 08, 2001 5:24 am

*BHUG* :-) Goodness this brings back alot of memories. I remember all of you fondly!! Lots and lots of names and lots of memories, too many to go over here.

Tamra
Eadgydd
Sojourner

Postby Eadgydd » Sat Sep 08, 2001 7:06 am

OMG TAMRA!

I thought you had dropped off the face of Toril! And now I can't even remember what color Rose you were...

--Eadgydd (or Hroswytha, as you first knew me)

P.S. I remember Myranthea, Jarid... it was the first zone I ever explored outside Waterdeep. I'd love to see it brought back for just a day...

[This message has been edited by Eadgydd (edited 09-08-2001).]
asamoth
Sojourner

Postby asamoth » Sun Sep 09, 2001 7:02 pm

Yep, Myranthia was fun. Walked into Breale at level 20 and got mashed flat without being able to see anything. Finally walked back over there to alias drag my corpse out and figured out from a conj that had died in there they dont really like mages =)

Heya Tams.

[This message has been edited by asamoth (edited 09-09-2001).]
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Sep 10, 2001 6:06 am

omg Tamra!

Great to see you here, are you going to play again?

heheh, I think the last time I saw you on the mud was when you res'd 9 of my corpses in a row.. I hope that didnt scare you off!

Corth
Jarid
Sojourner

Postby Jarid » Tue Sep 11, 2001 6:20 pm

I don't play anymore tho, they won't let me have my name. :P
Belaim
Sojourner

Postby Belaim » Fri Sep 21, 2001 10:18 pm

Sheesh, Now this is a realm where i have not walked on for a while. All of you that have posted have brought back good memories of times when I had inifinit amount of time to mud (those were the good times). Some of you may not even remember me, mabey mikar silverast and a few others but I began mudding here in beta when the addy was still menzo.sojourn i think (fuzzy memory). I remember guilds like knights of mythdranor and the red wizards of thay and brother hood of balance, and great friends like katje and diac who helped me begin the mud. just to throw out some of the names that i remember... (mostly wyrmies/CS/EYE) diac, lokke, jansha, lyt, sok, moog, mikar, astansus, gorsh, kurz gwad im forgettin so many people...

Perhaps i'll find some time to join this realm once again.. perhaps ... =)

Thanx for the memories,
Belaim Eldwise Order of the Wyrm
Selenar
Sojourner

Postby Selenar » Mon Sep 24, 2001 11:34 am

Old School players of the world unite!

-Sel (You know you remember my Grey Elven arse)
Allycis
Sojourner

Postby Allycis » Fri Sep 28, 2001 3:44 pm

You punks are makin me feel old
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Oct 05, 2001 6:11 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mikar:
<B>My earliest memories of Sojourn. . .

-Names like Bonecrusher, Vanity, and Pookah.

-Or how about Parkas, Wugoku, and Brunthar.

-Warriors holding two radiant opals.

-Dual wielding an Emerald Longsword and a Crimson Sword of Armonder

-Killing sentries and palace guards in Mithril Halls (then located near BloodStone)

-Belt of Daggers rocked!

-Getting squashed by Rocks and Harpies!

-Elite goblins that each had 1p on them Image

Yada yada yada Image

-Bob / Mikar

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

rar! i remember the elite goblins being richer... Heh, and I kept 2 radiant opals in my bag for when the group memmed.

This is really tangential but does anyone else favor a return of paladin griffins (I think), now that their horses have been, er, subdued?

I think it should be highlevel questable, but I'm wondering what the Oldskool perspective on it is.

- Mori/Paranur, not really Oldskool but with dim memories of the past...
Lofwyr
Sojourner

Postby Lofwyr » Tue Oct 09, 2001 6:59 pm

Heh i'm pretty darn old school, played on SOJ1 in '95 I'm not sure if anyone remembers me though. I played a 45th lvl druid under the same name. Oh..and druids absolutely sucked back then, moonwell/creeping doom wasn't even implemented yet when I was playing. I was usually grouped with Wharrok (troll warrior) and hung out with Seves (monk) and a bunch of other ppl a lot. I stopped using Lofwyr my druid and then started Jerthal (cleric) that usually people have better recollection of. Btw, Jerthal's original name was Jerthal Tervanus but was later changed to Jerthal Leonis or something. I leveled Jerthal up to around high 30's and then quit the game. I gave the character to Drakkoth who I sort of know in RL, all of you old schoolers probably remember..he's one of the guys who founded Crimson Sigil. I'm not sure what Drakk did with Jerthal then I think he gave it to another of his buddies to have as a healer. Anyways, interesting seeing some of these old names and faces again...

[This message has been edited by Lofwyr (edited 10-09-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lofwyr (edited 10-09-2001).]
Gulraex
Sojourner

Postby Gulraex » Wed Oct 10, 2001 4:20 am

Old school players huh?

I stopped playing when the Zerker code got removed. I tried playing a caster, but I guess I'm just the hack-n-slash type.

I remember the days of Clangeddin playing golf with Orc (or was it ogre?) heads and all that fun stuff.

So would that make me oldschool? Depends on weather or not you blame me for loving my zerker while it lasted :P

Gulraex Swiftboar (Barbarian) stands here.
ssseri
Sojourner

Postby ssseri » Tue Nov 13, 2001 12:14 am

I didn't realize how long it'd been since I was on Sojourn until I accidentally found this site. You guys bring back good memories! Let's see... was on in late '94 I think, suffered through the Dream, and left for Duris after the split.

Ahh... the memories...I remember being stuck at level 27 as a monk for a month, made it to 28th, and the next day was the "Dream". I could have screamed. Poor Gosya! Funny thing was it only took me a day to get to 28th again! I remember Darnalak giving me stuff from the goblin city (oh gods, can't remember the name now.. it was kinda on the way to Podville) when I was 5th level and then insisting I come with him to do cat burglars! I remember changing out between gold and silver bracelets during a fit when that 1+ att was needed to hit the mob. I remember hanging out at TP and aliasing the run to IC. I remember being scared to death of even stepping foot into BL until I was in my 30s, and even then I got skewered. Most of all, I remember all you guys being my idols and I being afraid to talk to anyone more than 5 levels higher than me cuz I thought I'd get skewered! You guys helped pull me back into the gaming fold and I haven't looked back. You guys rock!

------------------
Ssseri aka Gosya aka Selensia aka Eradani aka Kaishiska aka Tyan aka Vashia (oh gods, can't remember them all!)
Ranon
Sojourner

Postby Ranon » Fri Dec 14, 2001 9:08 pm

Just wanted to leave a footprint here since I consider myself Old school Image Not as old as like Ilsh, Modu, and some other names mentioned, but i came right before the presojourn wipe Image (mana system, etc)
obeah
Sojourner

Postby obeah » Sat Dec 15, 2001 12:30 am

This thread was a nice trip down memory lane.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”