Object Changes, Round 2!

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Cyric
FORGER AREAS

Object Changes, Round 2!

Postby Cyric » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:25 pm

OK, as of this evening the 2nd round of object changes will be live (54 files moved). Please refer to all preceding messages to figure out what we did and why. I'm sure the changes won't be perfect, and I suspect that we'll be doing more tweaking again, but there will be no "testing period" per se. I'm also sure we're missing a few zones in the move (it's tough when you have 5 areas dudes fixing files on different servers and different directories).

With that, I leave this forum open for your abuse and adulation. Happy New Year one and all!
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:34 pm

*applause*
Ssryth
Sojourner

Postby Ssryth » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:02 am

woo hoo boltie!

Ssryth.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:59 am

Lusties, which are a quest with annoying rares are still worse than gemstones, just make them the same stats if nothing else.

Wrist Razors get downed yet Sunstone bracelets go to ac 4 +3 dam +4 con? Boggle!

What do you immortals have against tanari'ri

Nice change to serp armbands though, finally better than phaerimms that can be solo'ed.

Avenger got owned too, heh. Karae gonna flip out.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:13 am

BC robe: STILL !NEUTRAL. Why?

Eye of the hive mother: Junk.

Sphere of nature: looks ugly and still isn't as good as orb of swirling air because of maxwis notchage.

pitworm necklace: 2 rares for something nobody would wear. at least add some hps and some ac

Erlan medallion: add some ac?

unholy/holy sprinkler: really, why !neutral? it doesn't make it any better than smoke invasion orb
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Larem
Sojourner

couple more thingies that seem strange and or unfair.....

Postby Larem » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:27 am

war helm of conquest..........is a quest...........and is very annoying collecting all items from all different zones.........so why is it stat'd as an invasion crown now?

gleaming fire giant gauntlets, yet another quested item.....give it some love yo, toss sum pff onto it :P you'd think a fire giant would be protected from fire after all :P

um..........war helm...........cough

earthmother staff is still trash, you'd think a rare on a rare, that is restricted to 1 class would be a tad better, come on yo, do the right thing, make it 1h instead of 2h

did i mention that the changes to war helm really insult the quester?

cerimonial robes of the griffon cult: cough, barbarians need some lovin, lose the !evil flag!
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:36 am

spob gold rogue gloves didnt get moved over i think 8)
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 am

uh fix tanar'ris...4hit is lame i'd rather see them as 3dam heh. or u could just go back to the old 2/2 which was perfect
fiery helm of power is worse than a surtur after a semi epic quest in a somewhat aggro zone off prime...could use some serious loving. ditch the detgood/evil and give it 1hit -1ss.
ill post more when i think of it!
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:41 am

Wee Race to the sunstone! wow that got some serious love.

Sunstone = semi rare, 3man fight 3dam 4con
fumes = epic quest item multiple zones 3dam -4maxcon.

I must be missing something.. =)
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:50 am

Did roots belts get missed?
Old ansi, no mage.

these really need to all be made mageable
Karae
Sojourner

Postby Karae » Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:40 am

THats right I'm flippin out!

I give up, Its still alright.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:44 am

Get over it :P
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:47 am

BC eq was not changed :(
scale robes from annoying timeconsuming quest in clouds are now worth wearing again.

since memming does not work, I could not be arsed to find out the other items.. but I gained back 7hp and I think 3 sv_sp somewhere.
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:36 pm

The dice on Windsong are pretty poor, possible to look at them?

Quested jot invasion gaunts (gleaming fire giants) are worse than the unquested ones. (3 hit 5 max str compared to 2 dam 13 str)

Seelie ancients cloak compares poorly to heavy dragonskin cloak from Muspelheim, I'd have thought the Seelie one should be better.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:39 pm

Dunno why it won't let me edit. But I forgot to say thanks for putting in all the hard work areas team. :)

Oh, and giantkind ring isn't that great in comparison to some of the other rings appearing, it could use a little boost of hps. :)
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:14 pm

DK vault eq hasn't been changed yet. My BC cloak didn't change at all. Why did you downgrade dagger of oblivion? Thank you for semi-fixing dscale robes. I'll probably wear it now.
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:17 pm

Hopefully Muspel Invasion eq got downgraded?
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:15 pm

Um shroud now !max int? So why wear this now?
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:32 pm

oh, and one more vote for tanari upgrade. +4 hit is just not that important.

+2 +2 would be more in line
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:37 pm

Jegzed wrote:BC eq was not changed :(

Not so, the sleeves went from useless to pretty bad ass.

My only real qualm with any eq changes is sunstone bracelet as compared to noxious fumes bracelet. U must have reversed the stats by accident or something, cuz that can't be right.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:30 pm

dragonhunter armor from musel. its tolerable...but it simply doesnt compare to other fullbody armors or most 3 slot combos. needs some loving
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:33 pm

Netherils far worse then sunstones and wrist razors...?
Ice bears should probably be 1/1
Scorpion earrings are hitter earrings, hitters need damage. You can get 3dam earrings fairly easily, which is worth twice the value of scorpion earrings, find that kinda silly. 2/2 makes more sense imho.
Pheten
Sojourner

Postby Pheten » Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:57 pm

"Wrist Razors get downed yet Sunstone bracelets go to ac 4 +3 dam +4 con? Boggle! "

ROFL my god, someone had to have made a mistake on that one. Byby fumes hello sunstones!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:18 pm

keep in mind some files were missed in the move guys. be patient

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:46 pm

are you being uh...nice? what the hell is this world coming to?

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:44 pm

shrug, cyric and dugmaren are both busy people. the world isn't going to end if the rest of the eq changes doesn't come in less than a week. it'll end after a week if they don't though :P

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:43 pm

Lustrous rings are still wayyyy messed up. I'm really hoping that this is one of the items that has yet to be moved over, as the stats dont at all justify their quest vis-a-vis gemstones or the MD crimson ones.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:49 pm

honestly...the lusty quest isnt very hard at all. dunno its stats right now but i cant see it getting as many as a gemstone would for the simplicity of the quest.

Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:04 pm

Gemstones aren't exactly difficult either, and according to the notes from Cyric rare items and quest mobs increase points. I just want it to be equal to a gemstone I could get in 20 minutes since it takes way longer than 20 minutes to get a lustie.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:39 pm

take into account the fact that u cant solo a gemstone and that there is a decent amount of spank potential in crypts.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:51 pm

Anonymous wrote:Lustrous rings are still wayyyy messed up. I'm really hoping that this is one of the items that has yet to be moved over, as the stats dont at all justify their quest vis-a-vis gemstones or the MD crimson ones.

MD != oakvale and get a user name

Shargaas
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Shargaas » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:40 am

Sunstone: a rare that requires a little bit of effort and now rares are worth too much?
Fumes: All things considered most hitters would love to get their hands on one, it just isn't the uber badass it used to be (4dam) and never will be unless it becomes Erlan's only reward.
Storm bracelet: more rare than you think, see sunstone.
Wrist razor: downgraded?
Netheril: not sure if it was updated but nice AC, +hit and +dam can't be all that bad.

I don't see any of those items becoming the de facto standard for high level hitters/warriors. Any that I missed?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:53 am

sunstone requires almost no effort. not only is it on prime, taking on 6+ mobs is standard in clouds and for doing erlan.
nobody will wear fumes if they have a storm bracelet or sunstone. these are 3 of the most known 3 dam bracelets in game. please give us the option of trading fumes in for swiftwind. that's the item i truly miss.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:54 am

and yes i do have 2 fumes and melee chars. i loaned mine out b/c they're totally not worth wearing for elves :)

Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:57 am

i guess shargaas doesnt understand that wearing -3maxcon hurts for alot of chars let alone wearing -6 if u want to wear 2. anyway...another gripe i have..a thick dark cloak from meilech....ac14 2hit 20mvs transient...always loads on a group of wuss mobs...quest it and it becomes ac9 3hit sense life det good pr-good. the quest requires 3 rareloads and doing 1 challenging zone fight for a !rent item. it could use some looking into..drop the detects or prots and make this quest worthwhile please. wrist razor got upgraded not downgraded..dunno who said that and...sunstones are too easy to deserve 3dam. why not just make the gcd quest pump out enchanted khanjari's if we're going down that road.

Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:03 am

I've soloed sunstone as a level 37 enchanter. Enjoy!
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:50 am

Gura wrote:take into account the fact that u cant solo a gemstone and that there is a decent amount of spank potential in crypts.

So move key to Tako and fix stats. Honestly, to think that gemstones deserve to be higher than rare quest....

T
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:11 am

I've solo'ed sunstone and crypts does not have decent spank potential unless you really do it wrong. Once again, I'm not asking for lustrous to be better, just the same as gemstone.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:22 am

Can you either change old flaming earring to have armor apply or remove the ac-apply since it doesn't do anything?

T
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Aldira
Sojourner

Postby Aldira » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:24 am

Vortex cloak seems a bit oddly changed. Adding back the 1dam is nice and makes it back into what it was, but I would have thought that with all the talk about how much prots cost, simply losing the PFA would have been enough to pay for it, but instead it lost an additional 9hp? Are we just confused about how much 1dam is worth when compared with a prot?

I agree about the Tanar'ri gloves. I don't see why they can't fill the niche they once had at 2/2 pfc. That is one insane fight in an incredibly difficult zone, and the gloves aren't used for anything else or on their way to something that might be taking the points.

On another note, Thanks for giving Charm Bracelets back their charm! :)
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:33 am

Only major problem I've noticed from the changes is something that's nothing new. Things all look pretty good, until it's compared to Musp invasion eq, and then it's a joke. I've said it before and I'll say it again, It's not that rare, It's not that hard. It can give over 10 items PLUS normal Musp loads, which are all top of the line eq. Ignoring Musp invasion and to a lesser extent spob, the eq changes look mostly decent.

Well, there's still some scorp earring and tanar'ri glove funniness. And sunstones being better than fumes and equal to storm bracelets has to be one of the most hilarious things around. On the plus side.. if sunstones are that good.. I'm guessing DK vault eq gets mightily upped too!
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:30 am

Hrmm, some specific items outside the Musp/funny problems.

Silver quiver - Why is this still 1hit when all other quivers have had their stats removed? Should be removed, or quiver stats can come back!

Nightbringer - I've heard most 2handers got their dice back, but this is still 4d5 3/2. Prolly just overlooked?

eye of the hive mother - Hulburg is arguably the hardest zone in game behind BC, and most of the eq from there is still blah. This item especially needs love.

Clouds sleeves - still 1/1. You have to do the whole zone for these, and the quest mob is rare. 1/2!

a thick, layered cloak of rotting foliage - set it back to it's old stats at least. It's just crap now.

red muspel boots - Just make them 3dam pff instead of 2hit 9hp. Or something.. it's just blah as it is.

adamantite band set with a flawless ruby - think most people still preferred this gaining a hit, even if it had to lose some hp.

GCD - 3d5 3/2? Etched is only 3d5 3/3. Kirin only 3d5 4/2. And GCD is an utter wuss quest.

shimmering crystal scimitar - put back the old proc so you can spread the leftover points to the other items! Then you can put this nice new proc on some new weapon! Like.. in a zone where it's not given out by an evil overlord and yet heals non-evils.

That's all for now!
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:50 am

BC dagger no burn would be nice :)

Nilan
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:09 am

RE: Dizzin
how about removing the stats off the reagents belt and making it a component bag and putting the points into other items? i think the scimitar is great the way it is

Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:20 am

Dalar wrote:RE: Dizzin
how about removing the stats off the reagents belt and making it a component bag and putting the points into other items? i think the scimitar is great the way it is

Yeah, I like the idea of moving that to a component bag too. And of course goodies will like the scimitar the way it is. It's actually really cool for you guys rather than an ebony with some damroll!

Shrug. Only item in the game that had its proc completely and utterly changed with these eq changes, and it must have sucked up a buttload of points that could have been used elsewhere.
Ssryth
Sojourner

Postby Ssryth » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:03 am

a large heavy cloak embroidered with a single eye

seashells walks all over this item.. and it's easier to quest?
and it's almost questionable if you would want to burn the thick dark cloak to get a gruumsh cloak hehe

Ssryth.

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:30 am

I'm sorry to sound rude, but I think that the staff is not giving Erlan's quest the love it deserves. Not even close. Fumes used to be the uber hitter bracelet with the -maxcon on them. Stop being so anal on the number of points given, its not a perfect system even admitted by the person who created it best used as a basline.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:38 pm

Dizzin wrote: Like.. in a zone where it's not given out by an evil overlord and yet heals non-evils.

I don't understand this logic.
Branthur
Sojourner

Postby Branthur » Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:47 pm

It makes perfect sense.

He want's his hat back. He also needs lackys to do some stuff for him. If you succeed, he gives you some stuff that _he_ has no use for. Oh, and of course the crown is worse than the one quested. If it was better, why the hell would he want his old one back anyway? :)

Branthur
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:49 pm

some people buy good looking cars, other people buy volkswagons. it's all about style

Return to “Object Changes”