Object Changes, Round 2!

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:09 pm

8)

Still missing DK changes.
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:54 pm

spob rogue gloves gold, a pair of twisted black leather fingerless gloves, still 5 max con, still useless for rogues :p.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:07 pm

not if ur human and wanna wear 2 fumes lol
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:11 pm

since i cant edit and i forgot to post here about my bc sleeves here goes. dunno why the ansi was changed..they were fine to begin with but im really not mad about the change however it kinda makes me a lil angry when i have 2 other items from a badass quest lurking in my bag which have needed ansi love for a long time and needed it much more than the bc sleeves u changed. could use some looking into please. a heavy tower shield and a bag of bottomless depth.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:10 pm

Nice that charm got its charm back, but it was a bracelet that wasn't too hard to get for good/neutral folks. The rare load stuff for silver bands quest was changed to just delayed load so it can be quested once per boot but decent wrist wear for goods, sylph and marble bracers of defense, are 1 in 10 rare or less. So charms at only 50% or so rare loads were an alternative but now that they're 12 hps its hard to get decent wrist wear. How about converting some of those wrist items the warriors are complaining about to hps. *whistle*
Lil
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:53 pm

Erlan stuff definately needs some lovin. . . scary to say it but I think those fumes need to be set back to 4dam -3MAXcon.

Chalice could use some little proc. . .maybe like 1/day quaff something.

Gauntlets could use some love. . .like 3dam instead of 3hit, or be 3/3 or 3/2 or haste or something.

Bag . .. well its a bag. not sure how much better it could be.

Kern Items could also use some lovin. Those books can't use but more than 1 point or two. Collar could use some more love. . .Platemail could use a tweak too . .. make it 2dam 5max con instead of 2hit. Ummm

RAR!

Lost
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:33 am

Ring of Raw Energy = *BOGGLE*

In the first changes this ring went from 40hp to 50hp which made me quite happy since I had gone to a lot of trouble to get and wear these for the style/ colour when there are a lot of other easy to get better rings. Now there are still a lot of easy to get better other rings and these ones have been made : 0HP!!!! 50mana... what the? Surely this is some sort of typo?
Would anyone wear these? seriously? Maybe a squid doing exp...

Scorpion earrings are still very weak, escpecially with 2 2 and 3dam earrings in the game.

I applaud returning the bolty to its former glory.

2h weapons are rubbish.

Perhaps a compromise on twighlight? Return just one of its vision elements?
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:31 am

Shargaas wrote:Sunstone: a rare that requires a little bit of effort and now rares are worth too much?

This is a rare that requires no effort. Sunstones were newbie paladin eq 3 days ago, now they're better than an erlan reward.
Shargaas wrote:Fumes: All things considered most hitters would love to get their hands on one, it just isn't the uber badass it used to be (4dam) and never will be unless it becomes Erlan's only reward.

So how about you make sunstones ac 8 3 dam -3 maxcon, and fumes bracelets ac4 3 dam +4 con, and see how many people are still wearing sunstones tomorrow?
Shargaas wrote:
Storm bracelet: more rare than you think, see sunstone.

And still not as rare as all the items required for erlan combined.

Shargaas wrote:I don't see any of those items becoming the de facto standard for high level hitters/warriors.

Of course not, they aren't from musp invasion or SPOB. OMGWTFPWND.

Anyway im mostly teasing here, but i still dare you to take me up on the sunstone-to-fumes challenge, and see how many "LF: Sunstones" posts get deleted from the for sale board. Good job on the eq changes round 2 overall. *hi-5 areas* but you definately dropped the ball on melee wristwear. Oh and uhm ice bear boots? Seriously now, what were you thinking:)
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:55 am

Ice bear boots are almost on par with chainmail of dancing flames?!? I don't get it.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:58 am

Scorpion Earring: *cheer*
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:27 am

for greyhome gaunts, can we have a different save on it other than breathe or spell? they are just way too common.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:37 pm

I was just bemoaning my lack of decent rogue +con gear for the slots I wouldn't mind moving around, when all of a sudden, PRESTO, I'm granted the perfect item... a bracelet that's 3 dam and +con, so I can ditch my storm bracelets and wear sunstones!

In spite of that, I'll still agree that 3 dam for the sunstones is way overpowered for how easy it is... and it's not THAT rare, is it?
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:31 pm

Jhorr wrote:Scorpion Earring: *cheer*

*peer*
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:53 pm

Scorpion earring: Cheer as well. glad to see it back to where it belongs =)

torque of the Goddess: would like to see this fixed somewhat. drop pfe/pfg and change hit to dam. . .

Um! I just had a neat new idea!

brb!

Lost
Verarb
Sojourner

Postby Verarb » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:31 pm

Hrm did you guys downgrade Finder cloak even more?. Finder is a bard god i think, the instruments from quest needs to be looked at and the procs for cloak and mandolin fixed.

Amulet of Sight Still blows Gormal's lover, change it back!

Masque still sucks No one will ever do quest for it with Runed Velvet mask stats.

Surtur is 2 hit and Frost crown is 3 Dam?? that really dont seem right.

Upgrade Volos!

My gear sucks upgrade Verarb.

There is No God! There is No God!

all on me FS! :shock: :shock: :shock:

:P :P :P
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:42 pm

Verarb wrote:Amulet of Sight Still blows Gormal's lover, change it back!

Actually it was renamed to reflect the new stats:

<worn around neck> an amulet of some sight
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:48 pm

great job with the conquest stuff... good times
i STILL don't understand this:

serpent bands ac8 +3 dam +snake proc is a non-rare in a fairly difficult zone

vermillion sleeves are a VERY rare on rare situation with ac10 1/1 haste once every 48 minutes?
couldn't these be put back to old stats of 1/2?

Just a thought
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:05 pm

Delmair Aamoren wrote:great job with the conquest stuff... good times
i STILL don't understand this:

serpent bands ac8 +3 dam +snake proc is a non-rare in a fairly difficult zone

vermillion sleeves are a VERY rare on rare situation with ac10 1/1 haste once every 48 minutes?
couldn't these be put back to old stats of 1/2?

Just a thought

Serpent Armbands requires doing a super-annoying extra 30 min part :( And you can't get the earring then :(
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:09 pm

just outta curiousity..how are vermillions rare on rare? the gems always load...the questmob doesnt. wouldnt qualify that as rare on rare. but yea verms need to be 1/2 again or at least 2dam alone.

Kasula
Sojourner

Postby Kasula » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:32 pm

Shargaas wrote:Sunstone: a rare that requires a little bit of effort and now rares are worth too much?
Fumes: All things considered most hitters would love to get their hands on one, it just isn't the uber badass it used to be (4dam) and never will be unless it becomes Erlan's only reward.
Storm bracelet: more rare than you think, see sunstone.
Wrist razor: downgraded?
Netheril: not sure if it was updated but nice AC, +hit and +dam can't be all that bad.

I don't see any of those items becoming the de facto standard for high level hitters/warriors. Any that I missed?

Netheril does not have any hits... it is ac8 2dam not really an upgrade from ac2 1/2 maybe you guys should look at this again... the extra hit would be nice.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:05 pm

Fix sunstone, it's broken.
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:14 pm

Quick, fix Guest cause its multiplying.

As for Netherils, from what I can tell it got its +hit back.
Kasula
Sojourner

Postby Kasula » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:26 pm

I havent logged on yet today... so...
to be continued.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:51 am

Verarb wrote:Upgrade Volos!

Agree so mightily. Sneak items meant a lot more in previous wipes when rogues didn't have their current fancy abilities. Obviously, this item was the most powerful item in the game early on this wipe when illusionists could pretend to be rogues with them. Nowadays, what you can do with a sneak item is chickenshit compared to what rogues can do with their skills. The boots need to be changed to make them worthy of being a tia item.

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:56 am

but they're +100moves...that took up all the points

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:36 am

icebear boots. WTFF?

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:29 am

Kasula wrote:I don't see any of those items becoming the de facto standard for high level hitters/warriors. Any that I missed?

Netheril does not have any hits... it is ac8 2dam not really an upgrade from ac2 1/2 maybe you guys should look at this again... the extra hit would be nice.[/quote]

Yeah, Netherils are back to 1/2.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Ssryth
Sojourner

Postby Ssryth » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:58 am

Dalar wrote:icebear boots. WTFF?

umm yeah.. following this trend sunstones will be 4 dam next change haha

Ssryth.
Ssryth
Sojourner

Postby Ssryth » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:58 am

Ssryth.
Ssryth
Sojourner

Postby Ssryth » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:06 am

Ssryth.
Ssryth
Sojourner

Postby Ssryth » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:10 pm

Ssryth.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:42 pm

I wonder. Does anyone thing sunstones would be 4dam next change? Wild guess.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:43 pm

er. think. Gayed. Can't edit.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:31 am

ring of raw energy

went from 50hp to 0 ... um... i think this is a typo cos it got changed to mana? From what gather no one in game would use this ring now. And I know it is a LOT harder to get than several other much betteri rings.
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:57 pm

Ice bear boots are still broken. Also where's the logic behind the tia changes.....
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:02 pm

belleshel wrote:Ice bear boots are still broken. Also where's the logic behind the tia changes.....

Seriously. Pardon me for thinking this was a totally goofball change, but it seems totally silly to allocate precious points from such a high tier item to a stat only a minority needs. What a total waste of points infra is on the crescent moon... aren't there other zones that can cater to humans instead of Tia?
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:27 pm

I think alot could be accomplished by simply removing the human race from the mud. Worst race ever, barbs too cause they're just tall humans with worse BO. There are several kinds of elves, we could add wild-elves, moon elves, gold elves etc. With the addition of elf illusionists and spiritualists(shaman) we could eliminate all other races. I believe this would lead to a perfect world.
Clangeddin
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Clangeddin » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:18 pm

Lilithelle wrote:I think alot could be accomplished by simply removing the human race from the mud. Worst race ever, barbs too cause they're just tall humans with worse BO. There are several kinds of elves, we could add wild-elves, moon elves, gold elves etc. With the addition of elf illusionists and spiritualists(shaman) we could eliminate all other races. I believe this would lead to a perfect world.

The only thing working against you is that a world populated only by elves would exceed the CNC - Critical Nance Concentration.
Clangeddin Silverbeard, Lord of the Twin Axes
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:58 pm

Clangeddin wrote:
Lilithelle wrote:I think alot could be accomplished by simply removing the human race from the mud. Worst race ever, barbs too cause they're just tall humans with worse BO. There are several kinds of elves, we could add wild-elves, moon elves, gold elves etc. With the addition of elf illusionists and spiritualists(shaman) we could eliminate all other races. I believe this would lead to a perfect world.

The only thing working against you is that a world populated only by elves would exceed the CNC - Critical Nance Concentration.

Clan you forgot that as long as you have 1 afk immortal per Elf the CNC stays within acceptable ranges. All we would need to do is promote 1 or 2 more immortals to keep the balance...
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:11 pm

belleshel wrote:
Clangeddin wrote:

Clan you forgot that as long as you have 1 afk immortal per Elf the CNC stays within acceptable ranges. All we would need to do is promote 1 or 2 more immortals to keep the balance...

This solution only works with Admin... only Admin can multiply at the rate required to compensate.
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:21 am

Just a couple things I've noticed in the last while.

1. Minor airship quests give EXTREMELY overpowered items for their difficulty. The wolfhound cloak, panther eq, and gret eq are insane for a bunch of nothing quests. I mean.. ac10 2dam 13agi gaunts? ac10 2dam 13 str boots? ac17 2dam choose your prot !bits cloaks?! All for absolutely wuss quests. It's a joke. And what I found really funny is that, in comparison, the second level SPOB warrior cloak is only ac20 2dam pff.. and it's war only too! I mean, haha.

2. Hulburg zone items. I seriously think that the point system doesn't take into account poptimes. I mean.. hulburg is dangerous without a pop.. but popping every 30 mins makes it a dangerous deathtrap. I really think the system should take a poptime in zones into account, and make it give somewhat more points. Or give beholders more points. Or !tele popping zones more points. Or something. There's just no way that ttf should have more points than a zone full of that nasty proccing evilness.. that shows back up again every 30 mins!
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:54 am

upgrade dragonhunter armor
upgrade tanar'ri gloves
upgrade meilech eye cloak
upgrade erlan chalice
upgrade erlan medallion
downgrade muspel necklaces
downgrade muspel scimitar and make the rest of the eq worthwhile namely the helm and boots.
moon temple eq. downgrade the eyepatch at least. its utterly wuss to get
upgrade magma eq. i think the zone got done once and nobody will go back
fix the stupid acuna quest so either its easy or the quest is worth doing
musp invasion uhhh needs some looking into. i mean u can still locate it for christ's sake.
fix demonscale boots to help tanar'ris
fix the ansi on evil bc sleeves and graf's ring. they were both fine before.
nightbringer needs to be made 1h or it needs some dice. u can get a 1hander with a better proc and stats in 20mins more.

im sure ill be adding more as time goes on.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:29 am

fix hulburg
make BC less annoying or add more equipment

Verarb
Sojourner

OOoofffa

Postby Verarb » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:53 pm

Dizzin wrote:Just a couple things I've noticed in the last while.

ac17 2dam choose your prot !bits cloaks?! All for absolutely wuss quests. It's a joke. And what I found really funny is that, in comparison, the second level SPOB warrior cloak is only ac20 2dam pff.. and it's war only too! I mean, haha.

OOfffaa
that thing KILLS finder's cloak.
Verarb
Sojourner

P.S.

Postby Verarb » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:56 pm

Oh yeah, Amulet o' sight and masque didnt get upgraded!

Make it so please!
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:45 pm

Yah, downgrade icebears. good job fixing sunstones, uhh...
remove farsee from deathknell and add some dice or a damroll back or somethin. umm... dragonhunter does need an upgrade, thats for sure.
Put pff back on razor ridged red dscale gaunts from muspel, uhh...
Give conquest helm a little bump so it uses its second slot for somethin, conquest armor at least has a save or somethin.
Yah, other things too, but i'm tired.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:03 am

recurve bow should not be !orc

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:18 am

Upgrade chainmail of the dancing flames

kthxbye~

can't register :) try not using shizzle that is overridden by my security settings, kthx.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:42 pm

Try not having paranoid security settings kthxbye.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:28 pm

Stamm wrote:Try not having paranoid security settings kthxbye.

Wanna have a secure machine? kthxbye.

Return to “Object Changes”