zMUD capture window

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

zMUD capture window

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:35 pm

I would like to make a 2nd mud window that would capture my tells, says, gsays, shouts and the like. So that generic and battle spam would go to my main window and communications would go to the 2nd window.

using zMUD 6.62 btw.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:05 am

i capture everything ....tells, gsays, oocs, nhc, assoc, etc ...

#tr {tells you} {#cap tell}
#tr You tell {#cap tell}
#tr {says} {#cap say}
#tr {You say} {#cap say}
#tr {group projects}{#cap gsay}

etc ... modify at will ... you can also add a timestamp so you don't miss what time the *whatever* was sent ...

then go to layout and make everything tabbed ... click on whatever tab you want (mine are all at the top of the scereen and not in my way) and bingo ... you will never miss anything i say to you again ... :)

also may wanna put child window memory at 1000 or so ....
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:33 am

How do i make the 2nd window?
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:24 pm

each tab will be it's own window from the parent window

-Italian Proverb
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:37 pm

Ambar wrote:i capture everything ....tells, gsays, oocs, nhc, assoc, etc ...

#tr {tells you} {#cap tell}
#tr You tell {#cap tell}
#tr {says} {#cap say}
#tr {You say} {#cap say}
#tr {group projects}{#cap gsay}

etc ... modify at will ... you can also add a timestamp so you don't miss what time the *whatever* was sent ...

then go to layout and make everything tabbed ... click on whatever tab you want (mine are all at the top of the scereen and not in my way) and bingo ... you will never miss anything i say to you again ... :)

also may wanna put child window memory at 1000 or so ....

If you change this to #tr {says} {#cap tell} will says show up in the tell window?

Thanks
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:40 pm

Yes depok. I changed that on ALL of those triggers and they all go to one window. I also added in things like skill improves, failed skills, petition replies.

The hardest tell to get in is going to be god tells, guess I'll just have to harass them all till they all send me a tell to stfu.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:46 pm

i keep all my communications in different windows .... i have windows for tells, shouts, whispers, says, gsays, etc ...

call me anal but im big into organization :(

-Italian Proverb
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:24 pm

Ambar wrote:i keep all my communications in different windows .... i have windows for tells, shouts, whispers, says, gsays, etc ...

Maybe if I had more then a 14" monitor.

Ambar wrote:call me anal

#sub ambar anal
Kruuksh
Sojourner

Postby Kruuksh » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:58 pm

Hey, is there a way to make it space differently in that window ? It's all jumbled up...
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:05 pm

I use different tabs for different captures. Tells in one, Petitions in another, etc. Leaving them at the top of the screen, you can move through them simply by clicking the tab name. As part of my capture trigger, I use a #say that goes to my main window to alert me when a capture is sent to one of the windows.

Also, a non-focused window (one not currently visible but hidden behind another tab) will have the little dot next to the name turn green when the window is scrolled by input, such as a captured line.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:09 pm

mynazzaraxxsyn wrote:Yes depok. I changed that on ALL of those triggers and they all go to one window. I also added in things like skill improves, failed skills, petition replies.

The hardest tell to get in is going to be god tells, guess I'll just have to harass them all till they all send me a tell to stfu.

Were you able to get the NHC channel and the arena to work? I've been having problems with them.
Kruuksh
Sojourner

Postby Kruuksh » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:32 pm

Eilistraee wrote:I use different tabs for different captures. Tells in one, Petitions in another, etc. Leaving them at the top of the screen, you can move through them simply by clicking the tab name. As part of my capture trigger, I use a #say that goes to my main window to alert me when a capture is sent to one of the windows.

Also, a non-focused window (one not currently visible but hidden behind another tab) will have the little dot next to the name turn green when the window is scrolled by input, such as a captured line.

sounds nice, how do you do that ?

I'm assuming also that only the #say shows in the main window ?

It was kind of annoying to get them in both places.
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:44 pm

Well for instance, triggered on %1 tells you

#SUBSTITUTE { [%time(hh:mm)] %1 told you '}
#gag
#cap tell
#sa Incoming Tell

Can repeat the trigger text for any pattern, and specify the window name in the #cap <name> You can then click on the blue bar at the top of the window and drag into an overlay with other windows.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:44 am

Sesexe wrote:
mynazzaraxxsyn wrote:Yes depok. I changed that on ALL of those triggers and they all go to one window. I also added in things like skill improves, failed skills, petition replies.

Were you able to get the NHC channel and the arena to work? I've been having problems with them.

i capture them ALL .. assoc, even nhc ... all the same way ... and yes i have little tabs for them at the top of my screen ..

far as *god* tells (immorts) ... who cares?? :P (kidding)

each immort has their own "tells" I, think Malar's was *whiffs* ??? not real hard to find them and trigger them to #cap

and Lavey ... die :P *wink* .. m'kay thanks :)
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:37 pm

Ambar wrote:
Sesexe wrote:

i capture them ALL .. assoc, even nhc ... all the same way ... and yes i have little tabs for them at the top of my screen ..

far as *god* tells (immorts) ... who cares?? :P (kidding)

each immort has their own "tells" I, think Malar's was *whiffs* ??? not real hard to find them and trigger them to #cap

and Lavey ... die :P *wink* .. m'kay thanks :)

Specifically, how are you getting NHC and arena chat to capture?
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:54 am

#tr {NHC:} {#cap nhc}

I never use arena lemme look ...

ok turned it on and tested

#tr {Acheron:} {#cap arena}

-Italian Proverb
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:31 pm