Hockey playoffs!

Archived discussion from Toril-2.

Who is going to take home Lord Stanley's Cup?

Detroit
14%
Calgary
14%
Philadelphia
14%
Toronto
27%
Tampa Bay
14%
Montreal
No votes
San Jose
9%
Colorado
9%

Total votes: 22
Vahok
Sojourner

Hockey playoffs!

Postby Vahok » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:50 pm

Well, as a Canadian, I thought this was overdue! :)

My personal pick is Calgary, but I'm a fan, so I know I'm dreaming. But stranger things have happened in hockey. Only theory I have is they have a top-flight scorer in Iginla, amazing goaltending in Kiprusoff, and a solid defense period. I'm hoping a ten-year layoff from post season doesn't hurt them, but I'll even admit, Detroit is the toughest challenge they could face. Any team with about 10 potential Hall of Famers is gonna be rough. But none the less...

GO FLAMES GO!
Meatshield
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:07 pm

hrmm... no clue what exactly you said, but i guess i'll go with Detroit :)
Guelph, huh? you wouldn't happen to know anyone in the records office that can get copies of marriage lisences from like 1914 do ya?
sorry had to ask :)
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:58 pm

Why is someone from Guelph not cheering the oh so beloved Leafs of chokery? Stop cheering for my Flames and go watch Philly run Belfour into the hills.
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:02 pm

Dizzin wrote:Why is someone from Guelph not cheering the oh so beloved Leafs of chokery? Stop cheering for my Flames and go watch Philly run Belfour into the hills.

Hey, trust me...if you live in the hot bed of Leaf stupidity, you learn to hate them real quick at a young age! And I hope the Flyers do stomp the Leafs so I can stop hearing how great they are at work from clients...
Meatshield
Tesil2
Sojourner

Postby Tesil2 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:51 am

Add a "Canadian's Suck" option and I'll vote...eh! :)
Dalyx
Sojourner

Postby Dalyx » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:27 am

OMG! I can't believe people are voting for Toronto. The Leafs suck and will never get past Philly. I'm surprised they managed to beat Ottawa.

I voted for Calgary. It hurts since they stomped on my beloved Canucks in 7, but I'll pick them to go all the way. :P

How about Flames and Montreal in the Stanley Cup finals? That would be so cool, but i think Tampa is gonna cook the Habs goose, then they'll get beat by the Flyers.
vezasee
Sojourner

Postby vezasee » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:06 pm

Hehehhehehheheheh Gods do the Canadians ever come outta the woodwork when its cup season. Personally I think its a pretty much anyones game for the cup this year. (but then again I'm female what do i know :) ). Leafs gotta a decent chance *gag* if Belfour carries them the way he did through the ENTIRE series with Ottawa. My buddies are keeping hope alive for the Habs to take it, and I think it'll be a kick ass series with Tampa Bay. All I know at this point is that Martin did not deserve the boot and that my cheering is over till next year when my beloved team the Ottawa Chokers... errr... Senators, try ( and hopefully not fail...again) to take the cup next year.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:44 am

Avs will take it, no doubt.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sun May 02, 2004 8:57 pm

Av's have lucked out that they haven't been eliminated yet. Last team to come back from a 3-0 deficit was a long time ago. Sharks all the way.

Actually, GO CANUCKS!
But since thats a bit futile at this point...
GO SHARKS!
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Wed May 05, 2004 2:31 pm

I got another 5 letter word for choke...LEAFS!

BWHAHAHA! I'm seeing alot of sad faces today at work. It's almost as good as Christmas!
Meatshield
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Wed May 05, 2004 3:59 pm

go flyers
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Fri May 07, 2004 3:24 pm

bwahahaha

- That was for all the people that thought the leafs were gunna take it all...

Return to “General Discussion Archive”