Enchanter staff/Fumble/Stumble

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Areandon
Sojourner

Enchanter staff/Fumble/Stumble

Postby Areandon » Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:13 pm

The enchanter staff proc really sucks. Especially compared to the other staves. This has mainly to do with the fact that it procs stumble/fumble.
These happen to be the most useless spells in the entire enchanter arsenal. Even though I tested quite extensively, so far I still have to notice any effect.

Upgrading these spells would be to powerfull I guess, and it's not like enchanters have a lack of spells so I would suggest removing these spells alltogether.

I would like to see the proc replaced with ray/breach or something like that. Something usefull at least like the illu staff which fluxes.

Naled
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:10 pm

I have to disagree with removing stumble and fumble from enchanters. They are both quite useful when used under the correct circumstances. (Having them as a proc on the staff however I have no comment on.)
"Being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you; and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch [...]. When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"
--Futurama
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:54 pm

*shrug* the Illusionist staff fluxes, but the odds of it fluxing a mob with MR is pretty slim, plus any illusionist doing his job is going to flux it manually anyway. At least stumble/fumble/ray is always useful.

I thought the proc frequency got tweaked recently anyway? Anyone have info on its new success rate?
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:24 pm

Hell, the elementalist staff isn't all that cool either. has a melee proc vs elementals (which i've seen work MAYBE twice ever) and the summon elemental proc once every week or so. problem is, if you leave the room, the mob switches, you flee, it flees, the mob dies, whatever, the summoned elemental goes away. If it stayed until killed it would be far more useful, and not just a silly little trinket.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:30 pm

Delmair Aamoren wrote:Hell, the elementalist staff isn't all that cool either. has a melee proc vs elementals (which i've seen work MAYBE twice ever) and the summon elemental proc once every week or so. problem is, if you leave the room, the mob switches, you flee, it flees, the mob dies, whatever, the summoned elemental goes away. If it stayed until killed it would be far more useful, and not just a silly little trinket.

Sounds like a bug. I doubt whoever wrote it intended for it to be a one room thing only. That would be pretty weak, and we've seen far better ideas and creativity from Savras.
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:07 am

all of those staff procs are silly. but let's not forget that they still do give excellent hp. if you want a better proc, you gotta trade-off some hp.
Areandon
Sojourner

Postby Areandon » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:03 am

Lenefir,

Please explain how fumble and stumble can be useful. I haven't seen them do anything, but then again you have had more time to try then me.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:21 pm

fumble works better than ray on various mobs, you just have to think about what the mob is good at doing, fumble is awesome if you want to take on something solo
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:23 pm

Areandon wrote:Please explain how fumble and stumble can be useful. I haven't seen them do anything, but then again you have had more time to try then me.

Stumble drops the target's agility, thereby raising his armour class and making him easier to hit. That's a good thing if you have say a rogue who is trying to hit a mob with high AC.

Fumble drops the target's dexterity, thereby lowering his hit roll and making it harder for him to hit you. That's totally awsome when soloing especially and you're the tank :-)

-shalath

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”