Sense undead spell

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Nanes
Sojourner

Sense undead spell

Postby Nanes » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:16 pm

If clerics can have a sense life spell, wouldn't it be fair to give necromancers a sense undead spell?
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:30 pm

Would be interesting. Might make it so that if you have sense life up you can't have sense undead up.

That you can see either life or unlife.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:15 pm

It would be nice it this skill also put (undead) next to any visible mob names in the room, so you'd know they were undead as well if not otherwise normally revealed. Like how the align detections work.
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:29 pm

having an undead flag would be nice but if that happened i would like a giant, dragon, plant flag as well 8)
Mielikki
Staff Member - Coder

Postby Mielikki » Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:10 pm

Part of the reason for having undead is that they are not detectable. They can add a sense of danger to a zone, making some zones/fights harder then others. I can't see justifying a spell like this to negate the danger.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:16 pm

True sight for clerics at 8th circle! I still think this would make sense, similar to Illus true sight spell.

I agree with not being able to detect hidden undead however.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:43 am

I'd just like it to work like an detect alignment spell. Only works on what you see in the room or if visible in an adjoining room you can see into.

I ask for way to know if a mob is undead or not officially, so a necromancer/lich/cleric/paladin can know if ward/destroy/eradicate undead is going to work on them or not.
Nanes
Sojourner

Postby Nanes » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:17 pm

Mielikki wrote:Part of the reason for having undead is that they are not detectable. They can add a sense of danger to a zone, making some zones/fights harder then others. I can't see justifying a spell like this to negate the danger.

part of the danger of having hidden rogues in a zone is to make odds a little harder, but yet we can still detect a hidden rogue. Whats the difference between a rogue and a undead in this sense?
Sservis
Sojourner

Postby Sservis » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:20 pm

Sesexe wrote:I'd just like it to work like an detect alignment spell. Only works on what you see in the room or if visible in an adjoining room you can see into.

I ask for way to know if a mob is undead or not officially, so a necromancer/lich/cleric/paladin can know if ward/destroy/eradicate undead is going to work on them or not.

It probably should be called detect undead, not sense undead but sounds like a great idea. Either that or augment consider with yet another line of spam.
Gura ASSOC:: 'man im such a prick'
Gura ASSOC:: 'but im so good at it'
Gura ASSOC:: 'especially when im right'

Shar responds to your petition with 'do what we do. just stop listning to gura :P'
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:41 pm

Sservis wrote:
Sesexe wrote:I'd just like it to work like an detect alignment spell. Only works on what you see in the room or if visible in an adjoining room you can see into.

It probably should be called detect undead, not sense undead but sounds like a great idea. Either that or augment consider with yet another line of spam.

Detect Undead is what I'd like then. Consider is kinda ok for when in the same room, but it has limitations. You can only con one mob at a time, and you have to be in the room with them (which means they are most likely aggro and you're fighting them, so can't mem). In both ways useless for wanting to know if I should switch spells over to !undead spells a room ahead of time during a memup.

Dear Staff,

Could Necro/Lich/Cleric/Paladin get a Detect Undead spell then?

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”