PvP idea (not original)

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.

Would you want this implemented?

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes: 17
Dalar
Sojourner

PvP idea (not original)

Postby Dalar » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:48 am

An old idea in MMORPGs, but a fun one nonetheless.

Would people be interested in zones which are controlled by a guild and have benefits? Benefits being specific equipment can only come from this zone and that particular guild can do it.

Another spin would be having two sets of prestige. Individual prestige and guild prestige. Guild prestige would be used for buying things for guildhalls, like defense, portals etc. Individual prestige would be for buying special items. To gain prestige, you conquer other guildhalls.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:43 am

i like it
Nekelet
Sojourner

Postby Nekelet » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:46 am

Spin one - no opinion worth sharing at the moment.

Spin two - Sounds interesting, but talk about a major case of 'the cart ahead of the horse.'
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:53 pm

Along similar lines:

The first mud I ever played on was non-pkill, but there were a few zones coded so that pkill was possible only within these specific zones. These zones had the best eq so if you wanted the best eq you had to risk some pkill. Otherwise, the rest of the mud was non-pkill and safe. Was good for raiding parties, ambushes, etc. The zones were well marked as pkill and off the beaten path, so there was no chance of accidentally wandering in.

It added alot of spice.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:18 pm

I think Medievia has this.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:00 pm

Implement pkilling.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:28 pm

Good idea, but like all the rest, it requires too much coding and will never be done. Heck, we don't even have guildhalls yet.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:11 am

i said no, but what i really wanted was to say yes after important things like melee balancing and tiamat go in.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:02 am

One main reason I have stuck with Toril since 1993 was that it is a no pkill mud. I am not a fan of pkill for many reasons. But most off when i get home from a long days work I just wanna log on, relax and have fun.

I dont play pkill muds.
So I vote no

Nilan
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:54 am

pkill was hella fun, the adrenaline rush was fantastic ... to meet foes group vs group was ... just incredible .

but it has no place on toril where there is eq that's quest based and takes months to complete ...
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:10 pm

I'm with Nilan on that one. Arena is fun, but general Pkill on this mud would not be a good thing. Not having Pkill reduces roleplay conflicts to little more than grand standing, and makes it so we can take on adversarial roles whithout forming lasting hatreds.

Well in most cases. :P

-Llandrien
The Lord of the Iron Wastes holds his hammer high in the air, shouting a torment... 'Weak fools!'
Teej tells you 'I think they're deliberately outsourcing - trying to improve their genetics.'
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:14 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:Implement pkilling.

i am pretty sure you'd be eradicated back to level 1. After all, don't
rangers suck?

At any rate, toril has been against pkilling since day 1.

As far as the implimentation of "guild controlled zones" and the like, i'd
say not without pkill, and since i'm against pkill, i'd have to give this
idea a "thumbs down" for toril application.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:07 pm

This would be optional pk, so you wouldn't have to participate.

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:41 pm

I've always been a non pkill player, but I've also always been a heavy supporter of the idea of the Racewars concept. I've had several ideas for implementing the idea, and think it would be a great concept for Toril. One of the concepts I wanted to use at one point was the construction of an arena-type zone that the Quest staff could use in conjunction with long-running quests, which would allow players to pit themselves against each other in competitions, battle and intrigue.

I don't believe that full pkill is fitting for Toril, because it's too easy for players to go to another mud if they want pkill, and one of the reasons they play here is because it offers a different atmosphere. I do, however, believe that limited pkill which offers the players a greater challenge within limited boundaries is an excellent idea, and I've been all for it for a long, long time now. If implemented with a great deal of consideration for future impact, it could be a huge asset to the game.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:45 pm

Nekelet wrote:Spin one - no opinion worth sharing at the moment.

Spin two - Sounds interesting, but talk about a major case of 'the cart ahead of the horse.'

Ditto.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”