Another Toril party, maybe?

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Jenera
Sojourner

Another Toril party, maybe?

Postby Jenera » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:36 am

Well, it's been 2 years since the last time Dranix and I hosted a mud gathering party and over the months, I've been getting a lot of people asking me to host another one. Just wondering if anybody is still interested in meeting other mudders in one location.

There would be a few differences. We live in a large apartment a little farther away from town, so if you wanted to come here to look around and shop and all that, there would be no point as it is an hour drive from the nearest mall.

The whole point of such a gathering is to meet other mudders, maybe have everyone pitch in for some pizzas and pop and set up a game of D&D like it was last time.

Yayaril, Nokie, Muma, Gantoris, and Lazus came last time other than the people who already live in Indiana and we all sat around playing D&D, making fun of Muma's klutziness that night, eating pizza, and drinking beer and pop. Yayaril stayed at Kifle's house, Nokie stayed at ours, Muma had to go home, and Gantoris and Lazus were staying at a hotel in Ft. Wayne because they were attending a gaming convention.

Everyone pitched in for food or brought snacks and pop and gas to defray the costs since we were sparing paying for a hotel and renting a car.

I'm laid off from work at the moment and the way Dranix's schedule works is that he works 3 or 4 days a week, 12 hours a day so he tends to have several days off a week. So hosting a gathering wouldn't be very difficult.

Would anybody put aside money to come to Indiana again?
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:04 am

It should be in california. it should be a beach party, last an entire weekend.

there should be massive alcohol, a huge bonfire, and no roleplaying at all.

i seriously hope someone could find more entertaining activities than just roleplaying for a gathering like this. Football, basketball, hell maybe even a softball or baseball game. ultimate frisbee, volleyball, something!

have everyone bring a case of beer and a random bottle of real alcohol, and boom, good times for all!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:29 pm

Actually, if Jen and Dran host it for their friends, I'd hope that nobody would give them hell about how they ran it. You guys let me know when and where, and whatever you want to do is good with me, because I'd be tickled as hell just to meet you.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:34 pm

Shrug Kwirl. I was glad that people showed up the last time I hosted this. It was in January nonetheless and people still showed up. If you want a beach party in California, find someone to host it. If you don't like sitting around and meeting and talking to other mudders face to face, just don't show up. I'm not one to play sports, though I like to watch it, so I would never host something of that nature. If my guests wanted to play football or something, I'd watch and make sure that they had plenty to eat and drink and other things to make them comfortable. I don't drink nor do I party to loud music, nor would I want my apartment trashed because someone takes one too many swigs of the bottle. I just want to meet people, in a quiet environment and if that's not your thing, like I said before, don't show up or host your own. That's what's important to me when I host a gathering. I guess I was born to be a housewife, hehe.

This post wasn't to say that I was definitely going to host another mud gathering. It was to see how much interest there really is. :)

Have fun!
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:26 pm

Let me know when and I"ll arrange to steal a car and get a babysitter :)
So, Yes I'm interested :)
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:36 pm

Depending on the date/time/location, I'd go. Hated to miss the last one. *mutters something about inventory*
Diel
Sojourner

Postby Diel » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:02 pm

mmm beer
Hoppel ASSOC:: 'ROFL ON THE BEST FLOOR EVAR!!!1!1!oneone'

Klandan group-says 'No, I just won't group with him. Just making that clear up front.

Hibbidy tells you 'kill giant'

Twyl tells you 'I hate my life'

Don't blame me because you aren't an interesting person and have a problem finding anything to talk about.
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:12 pm

I already told you I'd come visit, this is a perfect opportunity to do so!
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:48 pm

If only I could get Jennifer to go i'd go :P But I somehow doubt we'd be able to make it anytime in the next, I dunno year.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:45 pm

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:If only I could get Jennifer to go i'd go :P But I somehow doubt we'd be able to make it anytime in the next, I dunno year.

hrrm an East coast gathering at our house!! .. sort of a house warming :P I know lots of mudders in Jersey, Va and NY ... hrrmmmm and after July I can do pretty much anything i want (I will be out of the Navy and on terminal leave, and RARING to party :P)

I did promise Michael that I'd go to Texas again to see more of it before we decide where to settle, but .. I'm open to suggestions ..

plus the fact I'd LOVE to Meet you guys!

-Jennifer
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:25 pm

I live in California Jen, not Texas.

no kwirl im not hosting a beach party.

I'll try to make any party that i can do on less than $200 in travel expenses. More than that and I have to think about if its worth meeting you wanks or if i just want to buy another 250 2 liters of dew.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:55 pm

you are Mike not Michael dorkass :P
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:23 pm

Jen you're not too far from me, if you host a party I'm there!
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:22 pm

Yeah, sorry that Indiana is in the middle of nowhere and Derek and I could never attend if someone else hosted a party not in this state. But there is no point in hosting a party in Indiana if a bunch of other people are going to attempt their own little gatherings all over the country so let's see what happens. :lol:
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:36 pm

I'd come to Indiana from Oklahoma!!! There's a rather large Toril population there, and I'm pretty sure I even like all of them. Besides, who would pass up the opportunity to bitchslap Larim?

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:37 pm

kiryan wrote: ...or if i just want to buy another 250 2 liters of dew.

Well said, welll said.
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:38 pm

A couple of us had a little gathering in Vancouver about a month ago.

All we talked about was you. Yes you. You know who you are.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:57 pm

Damn, chan...I didn't think I was that important. I think it's a good thing mike can't make it. I think the party would have an asshole overload with him and me there. Just set it up, and I'll be there.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Sesexe
Sojourner

Re: Another Toril party, maybe?

Postby Sesexe » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:14 am

Jenera wrote:Well, it's been 2 years since the last time Dranix and I hosted a mud gathering party and over the months, I've been getting a lot of people asking me to host another one. Just wondering if anybody is still interested in meeting other mudders in one location.

There would be a few differences. We live in a large apartment a little farther away from town, so if you wanted to come here to look around and shop and all that, there would be no point as it is an hour drive from the nearest mall.

The whole point of such a gathering is to meet other mudders, maybe have everyone pitch in for some pizzas and pop and set up a game of D&D like it was last time.

Yayaril, Nokie, Muma, Gantoris, and Lazus came last time other than the people who already live in Indiana and we all sat around playing D&D, making fun of Muma's klutziness that night, eating pizza, and drinking beer and pop. Yayaril stayed at Kifle's house, Nokie stayed at ours, Muma had to go home, and Gantoris and Lazus were staying at a hotel in Ft. Wayne because they were attending a gaming convention.

Everyone pitched in for food or brought snacks and pop and gas to defray the costs since we were sparing paying for a hotel and renting a car.

I'm laid off from work at the moment and the way Dranix's schedule works is that he works 3 or 4 days a week, 12 hours a day so he tends to have several days off a week. So hosting a gathering wouldn't be very difficult.

Would anybody put aside money to come to Indiana again?

So folks can do some air-line pricing to consider their options..

Which state and city do you live in? What is the closest major airport? What are the closest local motels/hotels?

Like to know what I'm looking at. :)
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Dalar
Sojourner

Re: Another Toril party, maybe?

Postby Dalar » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:48 am

Jenera wrote:Yayaril, Nokie, Muma, Gantoris, and Lazus came last time other than the people who already live in Indiana and we all sat around playing D&D, making fun of Muma's klutziness that night, eating pizza, and drinking beer and pop. Yayaril stayed at Kifle's house, Nokie stayed at ours, Muma had to go home, and Gantoris and Lazus were staying at a hotel in Ft. Wayne because they were attending a gaming convention.

Kifle's a guY?! omg!
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:40 am

Here's some basic information for those of you who think might be interested in coming to see the corn, beans, and the cows.

Derek and I live in a large 1 bedroom apartment in Etna Green, Indiana. For those of you that came to our gathering two years ago, this place is about 20 minutes away from the apartment that you saw.

The two closest airports are South Bend (SBN) and Fort Wayne (FWA).

South Bend is about 2.5 hours and Fort Wayne is about 1.5 hours from our home. Unless you wanted to rent a car or live close enough to drive here, Derek and I would pick you up from either airport if you tell us date and time of arrival.

You'd have to drive either about 30 minutes to Plymouth or 20 minutes to Warsaw if you wanted to book a room at a hotel, but like I said earlier, we have a large living room and some extra blankets and pillows. You could camp out on our floor with some sleeping bags if you want to. It wouldn't be as comfortable as a king size bed and room service, but it would certainly be cheaper for those who think coming out here would be expensive in the first place.

I think that's all the information that was asked for. Let me know if you need anything else.
Ashod
Sojourner

Postby Ashod » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:05 am

Does anyone work with a hotel maybe? If we were gonna do this... it would be nice to do something like this in a hotel setting. If someone had the ablity to get a group discount for a weekend I am sure we could rent out maybe 10 rooms, the Hotel lounge for a saturday. If someone could price this out.. maybe we could pool it together and find out costs and such and maybe this could be a reality. it would be great to have like 20
to 30 people party out in a hotel.. go to the club.. go get drunk at the bar.. then come in and play D&D in the hotel confrence room till people pass out. or what ever... If someone could look into this and get a realistic pricing on this. It would be nice to do this vegas... vegas is rather cheap to get to by plane.. and hotels are to bad there ither. maybe plan it for after newyears.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:15 am

at what point did i give you, kiryan, the impression that i would expect you to host a party? if you have twice the personality you exhibit on the message boards i would expect your party to consist of plastic tea cups and stuffed animals.

i was merely commenting that not every mudder thinks the ideal way to interact with other people is to sit around a table rolling dice and screaming at elves while watching masturbatory foreign animation.

i'm fairly sure that there are quite a few players who think that traditional social interactions would work quite well with invitations extended to other players less prone to yelling comments from under a table with a bag of dice in hand.

i apologize if the mention of athletic activities offended the sensitive portion of the antisocial populace here.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:51 am

Stabby lives too far away :)
Sorry....
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:57 am

D&D entails watching masturbatory foreign animation?

Naaa, less TV and more darkness/drinks/atmosphere for tabletop rpg ;)
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:06 pm

If you could plan this for after the new year, it would be great. We would have plenty of time to plan, and I'd have more vacation time to use!

Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:33 pm

Looks like quite a few people are interested in a simple social gathering. Based on the suggestions and our own schedule, it looks like the best time is around February. Airline fares are cheaper after the winter holidays and before summer vacation, so is gas for those who may want to drive. Also every six weeks Derek works Monday Tuesday Wednesday and then flops to working Thursday Friday Saturday. So the best time to gather at our place would be when he's working Monday-Wednesday so we can have a weekend gathering. I'll get some info over the next month or so and find out when in the winter time, he flops to that beginning of the week schedule. As for me, most likely I'll be laid off until the middle of December and I'll go back to working M-F 7am to 4pm, so a weekend gathering wouldn't be a problem for me.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:50 pm

Ambar wrote:you are Mike not Michael dorkass :P

who do people say that i am? I am Michael
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:17 pm

Damn, I never thought I'd say it, but I just screened a new "I Love Kiryan" tshirt.

Now... Jen and Derek... set up a date so I can start setting a little aside for purchasing a ticket to your Kwirl-free zone.

Incidentally... Carl already offered to buy all the ingredients so I could make my homemade lasagna, so clear a spot in your kitchen and let me know if I have to bring my HUGE glass baking dish. Arilin... does that tempt you any more?

Larble
Sojourner

Postby Larble » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:49 pm

I'd be interested in going, especially since I missed the last one. Besides, how could I pass up an opportunity to meet that crazy f00ker Diel or the Queen of Preen Ashiwi! :) Did you say lasagna? *drool*
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:00 pm

Hmmm.. I'll have to see about Feb. Usually have a ski trip with a group of friends for a week then.
muma
Sojourner

YAY

Postby muma » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:17 am

Last time was so much fuN :) I'm definitely coming if you have it set up in February. i'm only 3 hours away!
Es gibt keinen Löffel!
Miax OOC: 'Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Shevarash.'
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:24 am

I know you want me to set a date, Ashiwi, but I can't right now. Things are too much up in the air.

And goddamnit, Kwirl and Kiryan, don't make me slap you both.
Granted, and of course this is just my opinion, Kwirl could have pointed out he doesn't like the "geeky" type of social gathering without making me feel like I'm a horrible person for wanting things the way I want it, he has the right to his own opinion.

This happened the last time I posted a thread like this. Two or more people turned it into a flames thread. All I posted this thread for is to see who might be interested and if throwing a little gathering was worth it, which it wouldn't have been if only a couple of people replied. I can see now that more than a few people would love to meet Derek and I, as I would love to meet them. I'll post info about possible dates as I find it out.

Love, Hei
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:23 pm

We all mud, we're all geeky.
Lirela
Sojourner

Postby Lirela » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:56 pm

Hey Jen, I would get there if I could.. if for no other reason than to get some free babysitting out of you ;)

Sounds like fun, but it won't work for us. :(
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:09 pm

I'll make my favorite dish, Chicken DeVann.

well thats assuming Jen has sticky white rice (not uncle ben) otherwise im bringing that.
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:03 pm

I only buy sticky white asian rice from the korean market. They only sell 20lb bags so sometimes I can't afford it, but I'll see about getting some if you definitely want to come, Kiryan.

And boooo, Lirela. I want to see you and your kids! *sigh*
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:29 pm

Hell, I'd bring the rice. I buy it in 50 lbs bags from our Korean market. Well, if I can. It might be considered a safety risk now.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:08 pm

If worse comes to worse, I always have my couch if you can't afford a room. The couch is quite comfortable as it will fit two people and is soft as hell. And I promise I wont walk around in my dress.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:14 pm

And I promise I wont walk around in my dress.

Ahhhh....I for one would pay money to see that!
Meatshield
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:22 am

8)

February sounds good. I might have a car by then and some vacation time. Figure out a date, Jen. No Kwirls allowed!
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:32 am

kifle yo, i was the one who wore a dress to school :P i don't remember u doin that :P

ashiwi, if yer comin, i may not, last gathering i got punched a couple times by the females, least i think muma hit on me, probably did, cause i'm soooo sexy

if it's on a weekend you know i'll be there, if not, i get off work at 10:30 and it's only about an hour drive so i can show up fashionably late :P

oh, kifle, u got room in yer bed to put me up though?
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:33 am

omfg!?!? yaya is gonna come again! dude, i'm so there :P he's cool, and i wanna see him w/o hair :P
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:45 am

8)

I'll shave my whole body, just for you, Larem.
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:55 am

yaya dude, who told u i prefer shaved? was it lazus? why that little!!! oh well, it's in the open now, yes, i like em shaved, enjoy
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:01 am

Ok, seems to be a decent amount of interest.
And late winter/early spring seems ideal to everyone as well as us.

Ok, here's the important question...

Before or after Valentine's Day.

Now I know I'm opening myself up to some stupid comments by the men and quite possibly a few women, but this is important. There is the possibility that those of you who are married, dating, own a toy, whatever it may be, need, want, or are required to spend money on their significant or not-so-significant others. Which might make putting aside a couple of hundred dollars for a mud gathering difficult.

Last time, I believe 5 people showed up from out of state and the party was on January 25th. It coincided with a gaming convention which made it convenient for Gantoris and Lazus to join us. Should I plan for around the same date, or later?
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:35 pm

Ooh, I want to go! If I show up, would those of you planning to attend decide not to? I wouldn't go if that were the case :) I'm being serious btw. Mud gatherings are sooo much fun and I couldn't attend the last one. *hugs*
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:16 pm

8)

I guess we can cut out our annual god-complaint-session if Shar comes.
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:51 pm

OMG! Shar's comming to indiana? sigh, i'm gonna hafta work that day i just know it, oh well, whut a shame, have fun everyone!

:P
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:34 pm

No one's answered my question!!!

What do you guys think of either the weekend of January 28-30 or perhaps the weekend of February 4-6?

Love,
Hei :P

Return to “General Discussion Archive”