New features that don't impact game dynamics

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
kiryan
Sojourner

New features that don't impact game dynamics

Postby kiryan » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:25 pm

Some new features that might be nice: I heard Elistraee was looking for projects and couldn't work on any of the major projects

1. a group status/spam channel, place where people can gsay all their vit out and globe out and OMG OMGOMG IM CASTING INFERNO PLEASE DONT ZAP THE PISS OUT OF ME..... spam that doesnt crowd out less automated things like requests for spells, leader gsays, me talking shit about Maxler's mom. Make it an ignorable color like that green that zmud defaults too.... toggable channel.

2. Group leader's gsays coming across in different colors.... (maybe give the group leader ability to set their color). Instead might just make a channel that is displayed to the group, but the group leader controls who is on the channel.

3. A delegatable assisntant leader to the group, gsays come across in different color, maybe can do gadd stuff group people, ect, defaults to group leader when group leader dies.

4. Give us ability to customize color of in game chat channels on a per character basis?

5. "Accounts" so that chars can be tied to accounts making cross character activities like logging in to ACC, accessing storage, ect easier to perform (and easier to track). Change public channels like occ and gcc to reflect your account not your char.

6. A Search on your inventory and Retrieve command. Give us a command that will search recursively through our containers and display all matches including location of item. Retrieve command would instead pull the specificed items into your inventory.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:29 pm

1.Anything that reduces spam = good.

2.For those using the Zmud client, and i would imagine others as well, the
option to highlight the group leaders gsays and other actions in a
more recognizable color is already an option. This just takes some effort
on the part of the player. Why spoonfeed everything?

3. there is no current "assistant group leader" designation. thusly i don't
think there should be any "color specific" channel for such a brown noser.

4. can already do this in zmud. figure it out yourself.

5."account" idea seems to be a "major project" to me.

6. Retrieve command has been mentioned before, but was shot down for
some reason or another.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:40 am

How about the ability to forget circles of spells from your memory.

Like; forget 3rd circle

I'd find that to be pretty handy.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:49 pm

Yea delmair you can do pretty much anything in zmud. obviously you missed the point of this thread completely so let me summarize:

projects that are fairly easy, that would add to the game play experience, that dont affect game dynamics (thereby requiring hefty approval cycle), and aren't existing more important major projects that are already assigned to coders.

And the point of spoonfeeding the users is to make the game more attractive to new players. Here learn this game, and btw to be a really good player you need to learn zmud.

along those lines, imp user defined aliases and a customizeablehighlighting system.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:40 am

in terms of getting things out of bags easier i'd just lvoe to see us able to use different keywords/arguments like...

get thick.black.potion bag
get red.sword bag
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:31 pm

shit, that would own if you could customize keywords on your eq.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Re: New features that don't impact game dynamics

Postby Sesexe » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:27 am

kiryan wrote:Some new features that might be nice: I heard Elistraee was looking for projects and couldn't work on any of the major projects

1. a group status/spam channel, place where people can gsay all their vit out and globe out and OMG OMGOMG IM CASTING INFERNO PLEASE DONT ZAP THE PISS OUT OF ME..... spam that doesnt crowd out less automated things like requests for spells, leader gsays, me talking shit about Maxler's mom. Make it an ignorable color like that green that zmud defaults too.... toggable channel.

2. Group leader's gsays coming across in different colors.... (maybe give the group leader ability to set their color). Instead might just make a channel that is displayed to the group, but the group leader controls who is on the channel.

3. A delegatable assisntant leader to the group, gsays come across in different color, maybe can do gadd stuff group people, ect, defaults to group leader when group leader dies.

4. Give us ability to customize color of in game chat channels on a per character basis?

5. "Accounts" so that chars can be tied to accounts making cross character activities like logging in to ACC, accessing storage, ect easier to perform (and easier to track). Change public channels like occ and gcc to reflect your account not your char.

6. A Search on your inventory and Retrieve command. Give us a command that will search recursively through our containers and display all matches including location of item. Retrieve command would instead pull the specificed items into your inventory.

I can't speculate about the current work assignment conditions of Elistraee, but always seemed to have a lot on the burner from my conversations with Eli.

1- Um.. you mean like the 'say' command? *blink* Not sure why you don't use that. It's detault mud green as you suggested. Didja forget about it? Want it a different color? adjust your mud client settings.

2- Again, an easily solved solution via your mud client. Is the reason you want this because your group-say channel is normally very spammy? Why not suggest they take it to normal say's and keep gsay toned down unless it's important to the group. I've seen leaders do this all the time about keeping the chit chat down on gsay. *shrug*

3- I thought that's why we have the 'appoint' command? *scratch*

4- Mud client. That's one of the things it's there for.

5- I don't understand why this is even needed. Maybe because I don't understand exactly what it is you're asking for?

6- That would be cool! :)
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Demuladon
Sojourner

Postby Demuladon » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:28 am

Sounds like a great idea for spam reduction - have a bunch of gsay channels:

egs.
(i) cleric groupsay "VIT out"

so only clerics/shamies in group see the message and everyone else can have it turned off?

(ii) enchanter groupsay "SCALES out"

so only scalers/stoners see the message?
Sservis
Sojourner

Postby Sservis » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:43 pm

Demuladon wrote:Sounds like a great idea for spam reduction - have a bunch of gsay channels:

egs.
(i) cleric groupsay "VIT out"

so only clerics/shamies in group see the message and everyone else can have it turned off?

(ii) enchanter groupsay "SCALES out"

so only scalers/stoners see the message?

With any opt in feature, the real issue is compliance. After all, it's possible to write your triggers to send direct tells to the person who gave you the spell rather than using gsay, but who does that?

What I'd love to see is a room echo message on spell out for every spell that has a room echo message on spell up. If it's obvious when someone gets a spell [haste say], isn't it also obvious when they lose it?

If I were to improve the spellout messages that people use, I'd have everyone include their name in their spellout message. Amazing how nice it is when you're pris blind to know who had their scales fall. I'm not going to lag myself [about a round] glancing non tanks in combat, I'd rather be memming. I'd also remove all the extraneous punctuation around the core message of "charName spellName out", but that's a seperate "make your triggers friendly for other people's triggers" rant.
Gura ASSOC:: 'man im such a prick'
Gura ASSOC:: 'but im so good at it'
Gura ASSOC:: 'especially when im right'

Shar responds to your petition with 'do what we do. just stop listning to gura :P'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:38 pm

>I can't speculate about the current work assignment conditions of Elistraee, but always seemed to have a lot on the burner from my conversations with Eli.

about 2 weeks ago eli came on gcc and said i finished the shit i was working on, im not allowed to work on any of the shit that matters because its all assigned, and im looking for shit to do what do you guys want.

>1- Um.. you mean like the 'say' command? *blink* Not sure why you don't use that. It's detault mud green as you suggested. Didja forget about it? Want it a different color? adjust your mud client settings.

Scenario 1, present:
XYZ group-says 'vit out'
XYZ group-says 'vit out'
XYZ group-says 'omg i have the longest vit out trigger evar oneone!11'[/b]
ABC group-says 'tank n'
XYZ group-says 'dEATHPACT UP YES IM A RETARD BUT I HAVE A DEATHPACT OUT TRIGGER!!!e111'
XYZ group-says 'vit out'

scenario 2, proposed with group-status on;
XYZ group-status 'vit out'
XYZ group-status 'omg i have the longest vit out trigger evar oneone!11'
ABC group-says 'tank n'
XYZ group-status 'dEATHPACT UP YES IM A RETARD BUT I HAVE A DEATHPACT OUT TRIGGER!!!e111'

scenario 3, proposed with group-status off;
ABC group-says 'tank n'

then make group-status a toggable channel and in a different color. Say is a room only command and half the reason group status stuff is on gsay anyhow.

>2- Again, an easily solved solution via your mud client. Is the reason you want this because your group-say channel is normally very spammy? Why not suggest they take it to normal say's and keep gsay toned down unless it's important to the group. I've seen leaders do this all the time about keeping the chit chat down on gsay. *shrug*

yes you can program pretty damn much anything in zmud. I'm saying take some of these features and implement them directly in the mud so you dont have to be a fukin zmud programmer. Your always trumpeting the plight of the newbie, help make their life easier by coding stuff elite players consider absoultely necessary in their trigger sets directly into the mud.

>3- I thought that's why we have the 'appoint' command? *scratch*
we have 1 group leader, im suggesting we have 2 group leaders. This would be especially useful when you have one person walking the goup around and one person doing critical stuff away from the group. Or when you have someone leading and another person splitting. This is a bit of a silly idea, but i could see it being useful but certainly not earthshattering cool.

>4- Mud client. That's one of the things it's there for.

small minded people who can't read.

>5- I don't understand why this is even needed. Maybe because I don't understand exactly what it is you're asking for?

so you only have 1 password, so you dont forget char names, so you auto login to acc chat, so you can get into storage for any char without having to supply your password, could help consolidate mwrite so you dont miss messages beacuse you stop logging that char in, so admins dont have to correlate ip/dns to person.

for as much as you try to help, could you at least try to think some?

>6- That would be cool! :)

wow, but you could implement that in zmud *boggle* why not code this into your client?
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:51 pm

In regards to all of my characters having all the same channels on. I don't like it. I keep most channels off for my elementalist that I have on for my other characters because a sudden spam of 10 "one day left" messages on the auction channel is kinda jarring when soloing that level 56 mob. My heart's beating fast enough in that sort of situation, I don't need that kind of added surprise!
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:05 pm

Allow us to mount other players.
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:34 pm

Hyldryn wrote:Allow us to mount other players.

Seconded... unless an ogre is trying to mount me...

In which case, allow us to cast offensive spells at other players too.
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:59 pm

Sesexe wrote:5- I don't understand why this is even needed. Maybe because I don't understand exactly what it is you're asking for?

What he is trying to say goes something like this.

You log into Toril mud, at the prompt it asks you for your account name.

example:

Account name:Bobo
Account password:bobo

Welcome to Toril Mud, please choose your character.

1)Sesexe
2)Llaa(however you spell your lich I forgot now)
3)(your other alts name)

You could have a list of 10 names or more depending on how many alts you have. That way its all listed under one account instead of one character being the account itself. So people will never forget their alts name or password to it should they not log on for a extended period of time. I like this idea because it keeps everything all in one place and makes people realize just how many level 30 alts they have. It will show many people why they will never have one level 50 alt because they are busy leveling many alts. Perhaps people will then stop complaining about why exp is so hard to gain and concentrate on one character.
Click on the links below and vote for this mud!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev
The Mud Connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... ner's+Home
MudMagic (aka Kyndig): http://www.mudmagic.com/listings/game/609
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:53 pm

Did a search and did not see this being mentioned in a specific topic heading but I am sure it probably was in the past but I will mention it here anyway.

What if we had a command that could abort all commands imputed into the mud? Like lets say I spam directions and I start hitting walls because the directions that were given to me are not correct. Could we have a command that could clear all the wrong commands imputed into the mud? I have seen this on another mud before and it has saved valuable time and my characters life. Something like how the abort command works for spells only instead have it clear all commands imputed.

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:24 pm

Crumar wrote:Did a search and did not see this being mentioned in a specific topic heading but I am sure it probably was in the past but I will mention it here anyway.

What if we had a command that could abort all commands imputed into the mud? Like lets say I spam directions and I start hitting walls because the directions that were given to me are not correct. Could we have a command that could clear all the wrong commands imputed into the mud? I have seen this on another mud before and it has saved valuable time and my characters life. Something like how the abort command works for spells only instead have it clear all commands imputed.

that would pwn. YOu know when you accidently petition something offensive while frozen by thrym, you can just clear it all out like it never happened.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:48 pm

Alt-F, R in zMUD fixes those problems PDQ. :P

Not the solution you were wanting, but it's fast/easy/works/doesn't require uberl33t coding skills.
Mielikki
Staff Member - Coder

Postby Mielikki » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:28 am

I sorta like the idea of having a single account controlling all of your char's. I will toss the idea around some and get back to ya.
Vorkul Tigerclaw
Sojourner

Postby Vorkul Tigerclaw » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:34 pm

rofl at Crumar's sig.
Nuada GCC: 'what the heck is a khanjari'
Dudle GCC: 'it's a new player class'
Azerost GCC: 'Imagine for a second that they jammed Drizzt into a dagger'
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:27 pm

Crumar wrote:
Sesexe wrote:5- I don't understand why this is even needed. Maybe because I don't understand exactly what it is you're asking for?

What he is trying to say goes something like this.

You log into Toril mud, at the prompt it asks you for your account name.

example:

Account name:Bobo
Account password:bobo

Welcome to Toril Mud, please choose your character.

1)Sesexe
2)Llaa(however you spell your lich I forgot now)
3)(your other alts name)

You could have a list of 10 names or more depending on how many alts you have. That way its all listed under one account instead of one character being the account itself. So people will never forget their alts name or password to it should they not log on for a extended period of time. I like this idea because it keeps everything all in one place and makes people realize just how many level 30 alts they have. It will show many people why they will never have one level 50 alt because they are busy leveling many alts. Perhaps people will then stop complaining about why exp is so hard to gain and concentrate on one character.

What if someone hacks your account. Wouldn't this make it a lot easier for them?

mount dragon

Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:02 pm

If someone can hack into one of your accounts, I am sure they will take the time to hack into all your accounts if they hate you so much, and lets say if that even did happen, all it takes for you is to tell an immortal what happend for them to fix the problem. On a side note this is why you never give out your passwords to anyone, not even your family members :P

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:12 pm

if they figure out the password to one of your chars, all your alts are probably hosed... how many of you have different passwds for different chars?
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:18 pm

I think it's a neat idea and all, but you have to admit, it is a big security risk.

You're asking if all peoples alts have same password.

What you should also be asking is, how many people know everyone's alts?

With this system, a hacker would have full access to all your characters, even if he knew who they were or not, cuz now, they have this nice list.

Perhaps a more complex password system? If we had a more elaborate one, I probably wouldn't be so worried.

Like I said, I like the idea, I just have.. concerns. Ya know?

mount dragon

Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm

a more elaborate password?

damn it's a game :P

we already have to memorize a multitude of passwords, PIN's and account numbers ... people are just suggesting we make it easier on ourselves by accessing all our chars with a single password

if someone is going to hack they are going to do it regardless of how elaborate a password is

can see it now ... "That password must have 2 special characters, a capital, an underscore, a number and 3 letters all in a row and be infinity chars long"

imagine all the level one's who forgot their main password cause it was too hard to remember :P ...
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:31 pm

Ambar wrote:a more elaborate password?

we already have to memorize a multitude of passwords, PIN's and account numbers ... people are just suggesting we make it easier on ourselves by accessing all our chars with a single password

if someone is going to hack they are going to do it regardless of how elaborate a password is

can see it now ... "That password must have 2 special characters, a capital, an underscore, a number and 3 letters all in a row and be infinity chars long"

imagine all the level one's who forgot their main password cause it was too hard to remember :P ...

Actually I was just thinking of something that's like 12 characters instead of 6.

mount dragon

selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:33 pm

kiryan wrote:if they figure out the password to one of your chars, all your alts are probably hosed... how many of you have different passwds for different chars?

*scratch* I have an army of lowbies, and each and every one has a different password. The thought never occured to me that someone might have alts with the same password. Interesting.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:06 am

Sesexe wrote:
Ambar wrote:a more elaborate password?

Actually I was just thinking of something that's like 12 characters instead of 6.

you know i can definitely concede that there is at least some negatives in the concept and rather than nitpick at how many chars woudl get hacked (since although you could have hundreds of alts prolly only 3 or 4 have good eq) but instead of nitpicking over a relatively minor consideration (considering you are allowed to create very strong passwords and not to auto log in zmud or tell anyone) im gonna talk about the positives.

you wouldnt have to alias your password into a storage access command or an assoc chat command. (which is where you would probably get hacked anyways when someone looks at your triggers and reads your password)

you could join associations with chars < 20 (i assume that the reason you can't now is because you could just make a level 1 char and hack someone's char with "assoc chat playername passwd" until you got it right)

mudmail could be centralized so that you dont have messages sittong on that level 20 alt forever that you never get cuz you dont bother to log in that alt.

gods know who is who without having to update any kind of a database or check connection logs for chars from the same site. this applies to responding to petitions, the ip share database, punishments.

you won't forget your alt's names.

maybe we should take a poll, how many people got hacked vs how many forgot an alt's name/password.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:49 pm

Trying 66.109.156.43...
Connected to torilmud.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
Hostname resolved to [blah-blah-b-l-ah.gobbly.gook.net]
Please enter your term type (<CR> ansi, '?' help): <>

TTTTTTT OO RRR I L M M U U DDD
T O O R R I L M M M M U U D D
T O O R R I L M M M U U D D
T O O RRR I L M M U U D D
T O O R R I L M M U U D D
T OO R R I LLLL M M UUUU DDD

Let the journey begin anew, for the final time.

TorilMUD: The Sojourner's Home

Forgers: Cyric, Shevarash, Shar

Original Diku Base: Hans Henrik, Katja Nyboe,
Tom Madsen, Michael Seifert, and Sebastian Hammer.

Do you wish to create a new character? Y/N <n>
Do you wish to log in with an account? Y/N <y>
By what account do you wish to be known? <NaziRPBitch>
Password: <4mb4Rwi77n3v3R3m3mb3rthi5>

Welcome to TorilMUD, please choose your character.

1) Sesexe
2) Llaaldara
3) Llaalna
4) Seshaxa
5) Limlila *
6) SomealtIdon'tremember *
7) AnotherAltIdon'tknowwhyshewouldhavemail *

* Indicates the character has unread mmail.

<2>

Your hometown has been switched to your racial town!

TorilMUD : the Sojourner's Home Welcomes You!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
NEW SITE INFORMATION
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

TorilMUD is now running on a new high-speed connection. Say goodbye to lag
and unexpected IP changes! The BBS and website are back up at the standard
http://www.torilmud.org/ address. PLEASE help us keep costs down by using
MCCP compression as detailed below. Enjoy the new site!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
GET COMPRESSED!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Speed up your link and save us bandwidth by getting compressed, here's how:

1. Use zMUD 6.x (http://www.zuggsoft.com/) - zMUD 6 runs MCCP
compression natively, you need only make sure that it is enabled
in your preferences.

2. mcclient Proxy (http://www.torilmud.org:8080/mccp.html) - mcclient is
a very simple utility you can run on either Windows or Unix with
ANY MUD client to get fast compression. Check out the URL above
for simple step-by-step instructions.

Don't forget to vote for us at
http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev
You can vote every 12 hours. Help us keep the advertising and new players coming!

READ THE NEWS! Last Updated: 09/13/04

*** PRESS RETURN:

*** Welcome to Toril ***

0) Leave Toril for a Time.
1) Enter the realms of Toril.
2) See who is currently playing.
3) Read the background story.
4) Change your password.
5) Enter your character description.
6) Delete this character.

Make your choice:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Seeing which char's have unread mail before even logging any in would be very cool.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:06 pm

That's probably one of the most moronic things i've read in awhile. Thanks.

That's pointless. God knows I don't care enough to change my passwords from char to char. And remembering alts is what tab-completeion is for.

It's a waste of coding time they could be doing other things for. Not gonna happen. :P
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:35 pm

Something to make it harder to do auction sniping! (Like extending the time a mud hour or something if last-minute-bid)

*nod self*
"Being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you; and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch [...]. When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"
--Futurama
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:43 pm

kiryan wrote:mudmail could be centralized so that you dont have messages sittong on that level 20 alt forever that you never get cuz you dont bother to log in that alt.

This would be a really cool benefit that could be provided more simply with some sort of mudmail forwarding feature. :!:
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:47 pm

Okay, I have to admit, it would be nice to be allowed the option of including alt characters in one account which would bring these features into play, and it would be better as an optional feature than an automatic one.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:31 pm

BBS Emoticons
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:02 am

kiryan wrote:you know i can definitely concede that there is at least some negatives in the concept and rather than nitpick at how many chars woudl get hacked (since although you could have hundreds of alts prolly only 3 or 4 have good eq) but instead of nitpicking over a relatively minor consideration (considering you are allowed to create very strong passwords and not to auto log in zmud or tell anyone) im gonna talk about the positives.

mudmail could be centralized so that you dont have messages sittong on that level 20 alt forever that you never get cuz you dont bother to log in that alt.

Dude, I have enough problem deleting my mmails fast enough to get new ones even with them split up between Mori and Moritheil :P If that was imped, I'd ask that we increase the mmail max inbox size allowed.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:13 pm

The ability for leaders to rename the group without having to disband and reform it..

mount dragon

Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:27 pm

I'd like a way to legitimately remove what I have scribed in a spellbook without breaking any rules or abusing bugs to do so.

If this can be done one spell at a time, great.
If this can be done all spells at once, fine that works too.

If there was a way to have both, even better.

Thnx

mount dragon

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:50 pm

::cough::

A way to clean poison off a blade.

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:56 am

For storage to behave more like containers in terms of command

storage retrieve/store all
storage retrieve/store all.item

mount dragon

amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:58 pm

while we are at it can someone code me a brain?

no seriously...

i think a LARGER mmail account that could be accessed form any char (same thing as ACC or the storage system) would be cool.

as for the storeage store all. (item) idea thats an awsome idea i hope to see it implemented... saves me time when gathing arrows from my storage.
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:26 am

tog weather

Player will no longer receive weather modification messages, although the check till still be made and any applications to stats will still occur, just the spam of the message is removed.

mount dragon

Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:41 pm

Sesexe wrote:tog weather

Player will no longer receive weather modification messages, although the check till still be made and any applications to stats will still occur, just the spam of the message is removed.

alas but weather is VERY important to some classes ... and to some spells .. imho this is one that can be easily gagged?

just my opinion tho
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:07 pm

Ambar wrote:
Sesexe wrote:tog weather

alas but weather is VERY important to some classes ... and to some spells .. imho this is one that can be easily gagged?

just my opinion tho

Well, I'm not about to write a series of gag triggers for all those different and unique lines of weather messages. Seriously. I wouldn't even start counting them all. It's like, what, 50 different messages?

This idea came to mind after sitting on fireplane for a time and getting a weather message every 1-2 mins I think it was. I walked away to fold some laundry, came back and I had like 3 screens of "It's hotter then anyone could imagine." blah blah blah type of stuff.

Like I said, I want it as a toggle. So each character can turn it on and off as needed. If I make gags, it will affect ALL my characters running under the same zmud settings. Besides, why not cut a little snip of bandwidth down. How's that going to hurt?

*shrug*

mount dragon

Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:30 pm

So how about if RP is togged off, you don't see weather, or the sun rising and falling. Afterall, they're all just atmosphere for RP anyway, right?
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:51 pm

Guild storages accessible by all officers of the guild.

::dream::

Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:38 pm

logged guild cache accessable by all members of a guild
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:17 pm

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:So how about if RP is togged off, you don't see weather, or the sun rising and falling. Afterall, they're all just atmosphere for RP anyway, right?

To mention something... Some druid spells are dependant on weather conditions, some weapons only proc at specific times of the day, and so on... But personally I really would like a toggle for this.

Oh, and I have always wondered why acheron doesn't show up as a setting you can toggle...
"Being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you; and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch [...]. When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"

--Futurama
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:36 am

allow assoc testtitle to calculate if the title will fit or not given the size limitations of the guild name.

mount dragon

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”