the mud is too easy

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.

make mud harder

yes
38%
no
62%

Total votes: 45
Ihazim
Sojourner

the mud is too easy

Postby Ihazim » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:21 am

can it be made harder?
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:52 am

I'm not a developed character. I see a lot around that are. This game is very challenging, difficult to find people willing to group, and mostly fun. I think this poll and the statement that follows is rather non-specific and pointless. Make what harder for whom? Elite players? Certain zones for people with marginal equipment like me? I heard this mud used to have at least hundreds logged at any given time. I don't see why that still is the case. It's very hard, challenging, and despite the evil of having a lot of aggressive, newbie killing mobs on the way from mithril hall to waterdeep, I still enjoy myself.

From what I've seen, this MUD isn't hard, but some of the players are quite, and endlessly hard towards the operators and the staff. What would help is if there wasn't so much freedom to post negativity because quite frankly, I don't see how someone who just starts here can see such posts and not wonder if they will incur such a problem and find such posts (that attack staff or complain about zones -without positive feedback) a repulsive indicator and just avoid this mud entirely.

Having said that, I find this mud quite hard. If it's so easy, then don't deck yourself out so much with this alleged 'easy to get' EQ that makes players so powerful. One thread claims that 'Even newbies can kill you ARE mad mobs without any effort' If someone is going to wear their best eq, then complain the mud is too easy, then they need to think about why this is so. With starter gear, this mud is VERY hard. At level 8, mobs that con perfect match are definitely not. I need to find a group but I've yet to be lucky enough to see Birile and adhere to his generous grouping offer. I sure hope the staff can appreciate that I APPRECIATE this mud and their efforts! This is a great mud amongst some that I have had the misfortune of wasting my time. A lot of colour, time, and very talanted people back this MUD strongly.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:47 am

I am of two minds on this matter.

On the one hand, there is plenty of things that could be done to make things more of a challenge than they are. For instance, an "armor proficiency" skill so that noobs won't be able to make full use of high level armor at the start. Also, a strict level on procs. For instance, making stuff like khanjari, deathknell, ambran, etc start proccing at 50th level.

On the other hand, consider this....does man exist for the sake of labor, or does labor exist for the sake of man? Is the true worth of a person (or a character, for that matter) measured by how hard he struggles? Is our progress illegitimate just because we have things easier than they probably should be?
Vorkul Tigerclaw
Sojourner

Postby Vorkul Tigerclaw » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:58 pm

I thinkthe end game is too easy. Way too easy. I would increase zone difficulty by 50%, eq loss risk by 50%, and add more plat sinks in the game. There is just too much really good eq in the game, Rust storm is not the answer. But gradual eq loss, or eq deterioration, would do the trick imo.

As far as newbies go, the game is hard enough, if not too hard.

And auslyx, what chars are you playing now? I never see you online as "auslyx" so I dont know who you are to invite you in groups.
Nuada GCC: 'what the heck is a khanjari'
Dudle GCC: 'it's a new player class'
Azerost GCC: 'Imagine for a second that they jammed Drizzt into a dagger'
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:02 pm

If you want ways to lose eq, having it degrade over time is a bad idea imo. The way to go is death traps. If you lose eq to a death trap it is your own fault, and nobody elses. This mud could never handle that though. The people that are here generally like things the way they are.

This is not a hardcore mud, and it would be foolish to try to change that aspect I think. The way to go is to add newer, challenging zones. There are a good number of folks who are great at twinking things or doing a lot with few people. If just one of these people would make a zone, that would help.

- Mike
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:58 pm

i not sure who vorkul alts is, but have you been to / lead, BC / ic2 /spob of late?

Exping to 50 with or without super nice gear is still the same difficulty and equally as boring, you dont need any gear to do DS.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:05 pm

I voted no. Sure there are places that are routine. Like jot. But except for rares, and items for quests, then you don't get top notch eq these places.

The real challenges are zones like Hulburg, spob and avernus. Here you think twize about who you bring, and if you afk while zoning there then not only do you endanger yourself, you endanger the group.

There are some places where the AI could be upped:
-warrior 40+ should headbut now that it doesnt stun anymore
-switch could engage you at once. right now you just walk away when switched to.
-mages pword blinded could dispel self. (not sure if this is done now)

Here is a list of things that I don't think should be downgraded, but that should go into the "powerful" category
-earthquake vs. giants
-sneak/hide
-ele silence
-khanjari

I don't think these are too powerful, many of them just means you know how to play your class.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:00 pm

the mud is so many things to so many people .. there are those who say it is too easy, or the xp too hard, or where are the melee changes, or this is broken and that ...but they are still here .. or still bitching about this upgrade or that downgrade ...

saying it is too easy or hard is too general ...

asking more what does the mud mean to you may be more appropriate ...

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”