Help the Slacker.

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Vigis
Sojourner

Help the Slacker.

Postby Vigis » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:46 pm

So here's the deal. . .I am a slacker and did not research a work project. I need to come up with an example of a poor leader and support it with reasons.

Keep in mind, a person cannot (usually) ascend to a position of leadership without possessing some strong leadership skills, so help me out.

Oh yeah, Sarvis don't say Bush. . . :p
Sarvis
Sojourner

Re: Help the Slacker.

Postby Sarvis » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:57 pm

Vigis wrote:So here's the deal. . .I am a slacker and did not research a work project. I need to come up with an example of a poor leader and support it with reasons.

Keep in mind, a person cannot (usually) ascend to a position of leadership without possessing some strong leadership skills, so help me out.

Oh yeah, Sarvis don't say Bush. . . :p

*grin*

I was SO going to too...

Seriously though, I've been turning this question around in my mind for a while:

If Bush had been born to different parents, would he ever have become president?

Anyways... for your purposes... Moritheil? ;)

No seriously, I wanna say Custer but that may be too easy. Ok, can't think of any. Too much sleeping in history class I guess... :(

What kind of job do you have where this is a project? Sounds like something you'd do in a college history class or something...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Selzan
Sojourner

Postby Selzan » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:16 pm

Kenneth Lay (google him if you don't know the specifics of his downfall offhand) -- have fun.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:26 pm

I went with "Chainsaw" Al Dunlap. Got the whole thing taken finished up. It's actually for the management program at work Sarvis, but agree that it is more like a school assignment. Coincidentally, I remembered Dunlap from one of my old textbooks, googled him and *boom*
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:13 am

Vigis wrote:I went with "Chainsaw" Al Dunlap. Got the whole thing taken finished up. It's actually for the management program at work Sarvis, but agree that it is more like a school assignment. Coincidentally, I remembered Dunlap from one of my old textbooks, googled him and *boom*

HEh... never heard of him.

Congrats on the management thing though!
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:28 am

Use george bush. Or your principle, if you are in highschool.

If you are in college paint microsoft as an evil empire of terror that Bill Gates no longer has full control over.
<I>When a man lies, he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?</I>
Imis9
Sojourner

Postby Imis9 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:50 am

Crutchfield, the old CEO of First Union. Bought the Money Store for a billion dollars then years later had to take a 1.5 billion charge to get rid of the damn thing. Bought a PA bank, Corestates and proceeded to lose 25% of the customers. Finally, to get beyond the name's disgrace, bought another bank and kept that bank's name. Truly pathetic guy.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”