Guild Halls

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Lilen
Sojourner

Guild Halls

Postby Lilen » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:17 pm

Yes i know Imm's have lots of things to do, and that may be more important than guildhalls, but was wondering when we might see these.
Also wondering what they might contain.

1.some sorta guild chest (like cache) that only guild members can access
2.Where u return when you die.
3.Place to practice skills.
4.place to get little things such as picks flute and what not.
5. i think things like picks guild chest should be bought like so u have to hire someone to be there to sell the flutes, maybe a guard at the door or something. So that only guild members can enter unless u have like a password? The password should be able to be changed by leader though. just things i curious about.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:03 pm

The discount version could be a storage cache of the guilds choice. Only guilded chars could access it, and it should be semi-big.
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:29 am

Id like to see guilds be more integrated into the mud. More integrated to the point where it makes sense to join a guild in the "grand scheme" of the mud.

ideas for guilds and guildhalls:

-Inn cache could be made a lot smaller, bag sizes halved and guild storage caches made larger creating a demand for a large cache and demand for the guild.

-A guild might pay for the ability to practice skills above caps or the ability to buy skills above caps.

-or maybe something wierd like a guild quest mob that hands out random/certain items when given certain items.

-guild hall entrances or branch of the guild hall could be located in any place so long as a guild pays for it.

-zones that guilds own a hall/presence in give members of that guild some sorta bonus like exp/money/skills/damage/healing

-guilds can compete for zone supremacy :p

*some ideas not original :p*
Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:15 am

these are all good ideas to bad i can't get into any guilds
-------------------------------------------------------
Alysia group-says 'Lilen immolates a terrified squirrel to a charred crisp with his devastating inferno!'
-------------------------------------------------------
Lilen group-says 'where are all da trolls i was promised'
Lilen has left the group.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:09 pm

Guild halls open the doors for lots of cool things. However theres some very simple features Id be satisfied with in guild halls that could be easily implemented that I would very much like to see.

Place to Practice Skills/Spells
The ability to set this as your respawn point when you die
The ability to rent & create a storage cache like a hometown
Code/Auction/Quest and even a guild only board could be nice

Basically the features of any home town. Could also be an additional plat sink for guilds and it offers no real advantage to a guild, except that guild members are now together when they all die instead
of being in different home towns.
Vorkul Tigerclaw
Sojourner

Postby Vorkul Tigerclaw » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:04 am

More plat sinks in the game is always a good idea, imo. Have it to where you can purchase extra rooms in your guild hall, like-

Vorkul's Sanctuary
(enter description here)
N-S-E-W

Like each additional room costs 10k plat though. And 100 plat every ansi block...lol.
Nuada GCC: 'what the heck is a khanjari'
Dudle GCC: 'it's a new player class'
Azerost GCC: 'Imagine for a second that they jammed Drizzt into a dagger'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:50 am

I think guild halls could help produce a bit of friendly competition between guilds which would be a good thing. But make them so other people can go in aswell.

I think something like 100K per room, 50k for a mob, 100k for a shop, 10k per item, that sort of thing would be cool. 50k for a holy water fountain... etc etc... 1 million for a planar portal! 200k for a fast heal room.... all the good stuff...

Make it so that other people can enter the guild hall via guild guardian at a price of say 100 p that goes to the guild.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:46 am

Definitely dont want non-guildies accessing guild halls.

I'm almost skeptical of allowing even non-guilded alts to enter the guild hall... Maybe make it so you have to be wearing the guild badge to enter, which requires some guild RP'ing to get. Either that, or (much more code intensive) make a quest for each Guild to obtain their guild badge. idk. Just thoughts.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”