congratulations

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
kiryan
Sojourner

congratulations

Postby kiryan » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:00 am

just wanted to stop and say

thanks for ruining ROOTS, one of the most interesting and unique zones in our world.

I haven't gotten a roots invite since the eq change, I've heard about it being done like all of 2x since the recent nerf, and I only got like 3 or 4 invites in the year after the !mage nerf.

zones_that_lack_imagination++
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:35 am

Can you please elaborate what exactly prompted this post? Mudmail or simply online is preferable, but if you prefer to make it public then please, let us know what exactly has prompted this? Thanks.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:31 am

Lemme guess, no one wanted to do Roots because there is only 1 thing there, it sucks compared to numerous other pieces, you need a big group for 1 suckass fight, and everyone stands around for a half hour waiting?

So, a unique zone in the game is essentially out of play because no one will go do it for the effort to rewards ratio.

Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe it gets done all the time and people don't like Kiryan so the lie about it.
emote Rescuepractice
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:21 am

That EQ overhaul really got a lot accomplished!
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Areandon
Sojourner

Postby Areandon » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:33 am

I've done roots 2 days ago the last time, and then there was nothing wrong. Either the belt was changed yesterday, or you missed the belt being changed back to mageable again.
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:06 pm

some people just need attitude overhauls :p. the bbs has been up for years now, no ammount of complaining gets anything done any faster.
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:32 pm

I would prefer criticisms/expectations regarding Kiryan's post or reasoning to be withheld at least until he has the time to explain what the recent nerf he mentioned was. Until Kiryan can further explain the thoughts that prompted this thread, everything else is simply guesswork.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:04 am

Thinking maybe he's referring to the recent mythal that was added to keep nonelves off Evermeet. However, faerie forest (roots, seelie) are not a part of this. *shrug*
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:33 am

Sorry El.

Let me go on record as saying that Kiryan had nothing to do with my post.

If you want, you can ask everyone to forget what I said and move it to another 'How Zones Got Hosed' post. Of course, that makes my statement no less accurate.
emote Rescuepractice
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:56 pm

nothing new prompted this post, just bringing an old subject up again.

roots should get more exposure. its very unique and has always had subtle difficulty. the zone has basically been wasted for the last 2 years.

Give it a rare load or do something so that more people will experience it.

I've heard of the idea of making EM elf only, if roots gets an upgrade as a result of it that may be good, if it doesnt and roots gets done even less, thats a bad thing.

Just do something, its classic and its unique.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:07 pm

i say upgrade the zone instd of downgrading the belt. i was away for like 8 months and just recently found it was downgraded. i understand why it was cuz it's pretty easy zone for such an awesome belt. put more colossal in it and that should solve the problem. or give the spirit a insta death proc. have her turn into a goodie dragon and can continue to summon roots. upgrade the zone and make the belts what they use to be.

sok
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:00 pm

i don't know sok, the belt was a very skewed piece of eq and put all other belts to shame minus hit/dam eq if your a ranger or a rogue.

I don't think we can have it go back to its old stats, but the reward for this zone needs to increase somehow so it gets back to being visited at least 1x every two weeks.
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:27 pm

kiryan wrote:roots should get more exposure. its very unique

If it's a fun zone, why don't you do it just for the fun of it?
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:05 pm

Gurns wrote:
kiryan wrote:roots should get more exposure. its very unique

If it's a fun zone, why don't you do it just for the fun of it?

Cuz it's not a fun zone for anyone but warriors and maybe a rogue now and again. :P
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:10 pm

Cofen led a 5-man roots last night, just for "fun". He was able to solo clear the roots in 1 pop. The final 2 fights were easy. For as easy as the zone is, the belt is STILL a little overpowered.

I gotta tell you, I was bored to tears. Now, granted, it doesnt have to be done like that, but when you can do the whole zone in 25 minutes, what's the point of making it take longer? All that does is make 2-3 people really busy, and the rest of the group bored to tears instead of 1 person really busy with the rest of the group bored to tears.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:10 am

For the record, I was pretty damn close.
emote Rescuepractice
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:56 am

dang if cofen can do it i should be able to do it to. roots tonite baby.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:23 pm

I really like the way it is... if you know what your doing, no one afks, and you keep tight / on the ball, it is super fast and you get a rewards that I see a LOT of people using. If you mess it up it gets painful and difficult to CR, which makes it even more exciting!

While you do have some downtime at the start, it isn't long, and you know pretty much what is going on and how long you have, so you have a bit of banter about the progress and make jokes, and reminisce about whatever roots spank you were involved in or are about to be involved in. It isn't painful like playing the waiting game as a warrior waiting for a mage and a rogue to CR you for an hour of ambiguosly set time in many other zones.

I did hold 2 hearstones before the downgrade I must confess! (good spellsave and moves and were the right colour).

I do think a rare in the zone wouldn't hurt. Kinda like I have mentioned lots of times, maybe a 10% load of the regular item that is a bit boosted.. Would help older zones like CC, SG, roots, etc etc be done more often compared to the newer zones that have top end items because of their rarity. Even if a zone is boring and hard, there is something about having the top item in a slot that is very appealing to many, and having more than a handful of these items from even the most difficult zone can be a problem in terms of making the most of the 35000+ rooms we have. Roots belts currently however, I think fits into this category not too badly.

...PS 3 sleeps until I'm doing USA zone! :P *TOUCH*
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:39 pm

rer wrote:Cofen led a 5-man roots last night, just for "fun". He was able to solo clear the roots in 1 pop. The final 2 fights were easy. For as easy as the zone is, the belt is STILL a little overpowered.

I gotta tell you, I was bored to tears. Now, granted, it doesnt have to be done like that, but when you can do the whole zone in 25 minutes, what's the point of making it take longer? All that does is make 2-3 people really busy, and the rest of the group bored to tears instead of 1 person really busy with the rest of the group bored to tears.

cool. downgrade khanjaris.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:02 am

Khanjari referance only applies to Cofen I will assume...

Rogues have solo cleared in 1 pop before...

!!x
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:46 pm

roots belt sucks, why do people want it?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:27 am

eh no it applies to khanjaris not cofen. i just use whatever i can as an excuse to get it downgraded.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:03 am

blah kanjari not powerful when u compare it to gura. i say downgrade gura, which should balance playing field.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:25 am

die.

sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:10 pm

can't i have 6 full heals and 4 words memmed.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”