The Death of a Bard.

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Axater
Sojourner

The Death of a Bard.

Postby Axater » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:14 pm

The guardsman looked around the Market Square with a bored detachment. Things were quiet in the City of Splendors this day and it was enough to drive a fighting man to drink. He turned to walk across the square and stumbled. With a curse he looked down to find the mangled, naked, body of a female half-elf. She bore the signs of torture, and was hacked in places as though by a large blade.. Her final suffering had been ended by a neat cut to the throat. A small piece of bloodstained parchment was tied in her silver hair. His bellow of surprise brought two of his companions running. A tall raven-haired man wearing the robes of a mage, walked through the square at that moment, and drawn by the sight of the guards huddled over a still form, decided to investigate.

A look of horror floated over his face to be replaced with implacable anger. His eyes focused on a silver lyre-shaped mark on her shoulder. “Lilira,” Axater whispered. Shoving aside one of the guards, he knelt beside her still form. With a shaking hand he reached for the note and tugged it free of the silver lock that held it. His eyes caressed the parchment reading the message written in a foreign calligraphy. He crumpled it in his anger, and shoving it in his pouch growled at the guards to tell them he would handle this. Tenderly he gathered up the broken form of the bard and carried her to the morgue.

After leaving the body to the tender care of one of the clerics normally found in the morgue, Axater uttered a few arcane words in an effort to find the Lady Knight. After a moment, the knowledge of her location appeared in his mind. Uttering the words to allow him to travel to her, Axater braced himself for the trip. He appeared beside the knight who looked with him in concern upon seeing his angry countenance. Axater reached into his pouch, pulling out the crumpled parchment, and shoved it into her hands. Teej read the note, fury emanating from her in waves. “Cirath,” she growled. A few terse words surrounded her in the armor of her goddess, called upon her blessing, and surrounded herself in dark wrath.

“Time to hunt,” the dark knight said calling for her mount.

In the streets of Waterdeep, the rumors swept the streets, soon taken to the ends of Faerun through the words of bards.

Lilira the Shadowlyre was dead.
Clan Blindhammer
Sojourner

Postby Clan Blindhammer » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:11 am

Feh.

Damn it Cirath. Don't ye know, no is meanin no? Bah. Always ruinin' me fun - she ain't e'en made it down to the Halls o' Gloom ye skinny kobold lovin pixie poker!
Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:56 am

you stupid rogue lilira is the nicest bard in faerun well except gurns of course. :x
-------------------------------------------------------
Alysia group-says 'Lilen immolates a terrified squirrel to a charred crisp with his devastating inferno!'
Lilen group-says 'where are all da trolls i was promised'
Lilen has left the group.
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:17 pm

And now she is the nicest corpse in Faerun. It is nice to see that someone else has realized how thick you all are. Well, if it's a hunt you want...
Clan Blindhammer
Sojourner

Postby Clan Blindhammer » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:08 pm

Bah, not from what I'm hearin, pixie poker. The body be so mangled n' destroyed, and nekkid to boot. What did ye do with the lass, ye immense quaggoth turd?? The conditionin' of her body definitely gives more weight to that nick name ye been tagged with, "Butcher".
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:31 pm

Excellent job, Cirath. One traitor down....
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:49 am

By the way...

What's wrong with poking pixies? I mean, some are not really good for that sort of thing, but I think it's great, on a case-by-case basis. For instance....

You get a thin silver belt from a minstrel's satchel.

That belongs to the Princess of the Seelie Court, I believe....

*wink*

Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone

Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:31 am

that woman was no traitor you have no idea!!!

*growls at lahgen*

you disgrace a great womans death.

Alysia group-says 'Lilen immolates a terrified squirrel to a charred crisp with his devastating inferno!'

Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:34 am

Quiet, boy. The sooner you learn to shut up and accept you know nothing about life, the better.

Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:38 am

who are you to say that anyone knows nothing about life a person experiences teach them about life some may not know much but no one know nothing.

Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:45 am

I am Lahgen, who is called Selrenam. And you are nobody. That is all.

Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:49 am

aww stuff a sock in it you windbag bard.

Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:56 am

Alright, alright....I will say why I regret that Lilira is dead.

It seems that now stealing a lock of her hair, to give to Khelben as a magical focus, was a complete waste of time.

Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:10 am

you know what i am glad your efforts were in vain. you are just a little attention getter that is all you ever want

Lirela
Sojourner

Postby Lirela » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:15 am

So you're saying you're innocent then, Cirath?

(Edit: fixed a really embarrassing grammar error :P)
Last edited by Lirela on Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:20 am

he is guilty that stupid rogue he is the only suspect.

Eya
Sojourner

Postby Eya » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:09 am

How touching.

All this anger over a second rate bard. What angst! Yet no words of mourning...

Merely accusations tossed about like dust in a windstorm.

Cirath,, if it was you... you did the lass a favor, for noone seems to miss her much, merely anger that you were able to do the job.

I'll buy you an ale myself when next you come to town.

*wink*

Eya

ooc: allright, its almost 2am and I spelled something wrong. *grin* sorry for the edit.
Lirela
Sojourner

Postby Lirela » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:30 pm

On the contrary, Eya. I've witnessed the mourning of many for the beloved Lilira.

My door is always open for anyone who wants to seek me out for counsel, about this or anything else that troubles your heart.

Let all on whom Selune's light falls be welcome if they desire.

Lirela Cry'salia (* Oracle of the Moon, Moonweaver of Selune
"Anywhere the full moon shines is the place for Selune."
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:24 pm

Well, Lirela, since you asked:

Why would I leave evidence implicating myself _tied_ to a corpse? Why would I then not take credit for a kill if I did? Finally, and perhaps most importantly, what was in it for me?
Lirela
Sojourner

Postby Lirela » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:26 pm

Those are questions only you can answer, Cirath. Though I'm sure they're weighing on all our minds.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:09 am

She lay on a slab. In a small morgue in Waterdeep, Teflor came to what he believed to be the last time he would come for the bard, as he had promised her what seemed to be only months ago. A cleric looked up at the ranger not with the frightful eyes he had been met with so often in recent days, but with a look of sadness as he stepped away from the girl.

Teflor briefly brushed the backside of his fingers across her cold cheeks, the gentle aura of death transfering briefly to his hand as he drew away.

"Lilira."

Her wounds were brought upon her as she still lived. The body does not bleed well when the heart no longer beats. The ranger gently brushed her hair aside, taking little bits of leaves and pebbles from the street from her twisted silver and bloody rust colored strands. Gently, he produced a needle and thread from his things, and carefully stitched her open wounds, then washed her pale and lifeless skin.

Carefully, he cupped Lilira's cheek with his open hands, warming the bard's face as best he could to remove the strains of torture upon her face, holding her gently until the lines eased away to leave a more peaceful look. Teflor bound her hair and dressed her in silk, laying a simple instrument purchased from a street vendor within her reach, and covering her body with a traveler's cloak.

The ranger held her free hand for quite sometime, unwilling to part with her, waiting for what he knew would never come.

"Why didn't I feel you go? Why didn't I feel you leave me?"
Teflor does. Teflor does not.

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”