Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Taken Away

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:44 am

An Aging Entry from the Journal of a Ranger:

What good is man if not for his deeds?

A deed done holds a certain value, a currency if you will, of all things mortal and immortal. An action, reaction, a spawn of the dead or resting place of the living.

So what is it that becomes a good deed?

Is not the way as important as the destination? To gain currency at the cost of devaluing it.

Sometimes it appears that the truth of the way is as important as the truth itself.

A basic principle that something must be sacrificed in order to be gained.

=========================================

Teflor did what he could to abide a loss. His Lilira. His word. He shook as he wondered where he was when she had needed him so desperatly so. He sat by Ayra's side as he flipped through his old journal, studying the notes he had left himself through the past season of conflict.

Ayra was ill, and the ranger could not be bothered to leave her side.

The players were in place, and the first assault on the head of the serpent was ready to strike.

The ranger could not be bothered to leave her side.

Nilan he had bound by word and oath, as the hand of his diety to ensure death of the priest.

The goodrace members of the Alliance had been roused through his recruitment of Lirela, who agreed to fight for the ranger.

Sonon had been convinced to wait, rather than to try to assassinate the priest on his own. The ranger had tempered his foolishness with Sonon's own sense of pride. He even assured that the mageling could be used to locate their taget.

The hand of Vhaeraun was forced to gather his own allies, in part out of distrust of the ranger's intentions, or perhaps the irresistablepossibility that he might be able t turn the tables of control upon the ranger.

The missionary of Auzorm'tvorl was marked for death and the entire realms had been brought to bear upon his head. For the ranger, this was personal.

And yet he could not bring himself to leave her side.

What would a new day be, without all that he had left?
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:15 am

dammit i am tired of being played!!! none of ya'll talk to me anymore i am becoming a hermit. in the middle of the city.
-------------------------------------------------------
Alysia group-says 'Lilen immolates a terrified squirrel to a charred crisp with his devastating inferno!'
Lilen group-says 'where are all da trolls i was promised'
Lilen has left the group.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:14 am

Heh, Sonon, you weren't played, I just convinced you not to suicide on the priest.
Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:54 am

man i shouldn'ta listened to you dam ranger

Alysia group-says 'Lilen immolates a terrified squirrel to a charred crisp with his devastating inferno!'

Ticarios
Sojourner

Postby Ticarios » Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:49 pm

That's funny Teflor. Targsk, Teej, and I don't remember you doing any of the recruiting for the ambush.

We don't remember you being at the planning.

We don't remember you being involved at all.

Your belief that you had allies in that ambush was more a vain hope than anything else. We allowed you your thought and hope because we knew it served our ends. While you and yours escaped our plans this time, you won't be so luckily forewarned in the future - my first, last, and only word of caution to you, ever.

The most I remember you being was a target that wisely didn't make itself available. Of course, what is one man's wisdom is certainly viewed as another cowardice, is it not?

Take a moment, in your diary if you must, ranger, and figure out that nothing in these realms regards your person any more than it has to.

What you do, behind our backs, by yourself, does not concern the Alliance or the Realms. Your trickery served its purpose: Named you a traitor - and now it will do nothing but make you more of a joke to the Alliance, to the entirity of the rangers in the Realms, and more importantly, to yourself.

Traitors are treated that way on purpose, you see. For a ranger, you seem to have a very hard time seeing the forest for the trees.

And remember, ranger: Your supposed pennings, and your supposed dealings for the alliance do not change your state in anyone's eyes. You have been branded a traitor, and will be forever branded a traitor, until your corpse lies in whatever shallow ravine finally serves as your deserving burial ground.

Oh, and finally: If I hear you sully Lilira's name any more by assuming she has anything to do with you, dead or alive, I would double that ransom on your head that everybody keeps talking about.

Penned by my hand.

Ticarios Raith ven'Dre

((For how the real ambush was set up, read Yasden/Targsk's currently 3 part series going on now, and ignore this spindoctored attempt at reclaiming respect. Teflor, I recommend just prostrating yourself in front of Teej for punishment if you wish to do that:P))
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:35 pm

Then perhaps you should ask why the priest had been allowed to freely roam the realms for so long before Teflor marked him for death?
lintral
Sojourner

Postby lintral » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:32 pm

Because Teflor, he did a fantastic job at rooting out those who couldn't be trusted. Yourself, the mageling. Really, it was only because you screwed up that he had to get taken out.

What matter if he was spreading his message around? He wasn't the head of the serpent, Auzorm'tvorl is the head. Anything other than Auzorm'tvorl doesn't matter, because without His threat looming the rest are just so much chaff. An army of peasants who believe his message doesn't inspire much fear, they'll panic and run at the first bloodrain that gets called.

I am grateful to him though, for so thoroughly unveiling how ill suited you and others are to our task. Try not to get in the way any further would you? I'd hate for you to have to contrive another excuse to run when your neck is on the line.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:14 am

Brilliant observation by one so ignorant of the matter, burying his head in the shadows to avoid being seen.

Don't you have some rat corpses to play with?
lintral
Sojourner

Postby lintral » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:37 am

teflor the ranger wrote:Brilliant observation by one so ignorant of the matter, burying his head in the shadows to avoid being seen.

Don't you have some rat corpses to play with?

No, I'm afraid not. You see, you keep running away and leaving others to die instead of doing so yourself. No rat corpses yet.
Tida
Sojourner

Postby Tida » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:55 pm

What is this with "My Lilira" Teflor? Lately its seems that she has turned into your Lilira. Well I hate to break it to you she was my Lilira first. She may not be in the guild with me anymore, but I still love her like the sister she became.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:49 pm

I belong to myself.

Tis good to hear from you once more sister.

Lilira
Lirela
Sojourner

Postby Lirela » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:47 pm

My goodness, look at yourselves. You need a referee, or better yet a mother to put a stop to all of this.

It's good to see that we've all taken the "Together we stand, divided we fall" statement to heart.

Very encouraging, if you're on Auzorm'tvorl's side that is.

You don't have to like each other, but you do have to work together. So if everyone can stop with the childlike behavior, perhaps we can start focusing on what's really important?

I don't even need to tell you what that is.

And where are our leaders in all of this? Silent, at least to the public’s eye. That’s not very inspiring. Their actions, mostly secret, seem to be full of subterfuge and spies, which has only served to divide us even more. No one seems to know who’s really fighting for us or against us anymore. Everyone is so suspicious of each other that we couldn’t possibly focus on our goal.

As military strategists, I’m sure Targsk and Teej are among the best. But we need one leader who is willing to take on the heavy burden of unifying and inspiring the Strike Force. Someone who will delegate responsibilities, be open and honest with the people they lead, and prove to the dragons that we have what it takes to win this battle.

I know that Teej took on the burden of leadership because no one else was stepping up to the task. I propose now that we relieve her of this duty and find someone who wants the job.
Teej
Sojourner

Postby Teej » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:13 pm

What's this, the Selunite afraid to work with an enemy who's pledged to not harm her? That's the only excuse I can see for such snivelling. Show me one evilrace who everyone will follow. Go ahead. I can count them on Lilira's missing pinkie digit. Likewise, show me one goodrace who everyone will follow. Same deal.

You want everyone to kiss and make up? I'm certain you do. Particularly since your own alleigances are suspect. You can't do what it takes, that's fine. No need to pull everyone down while you're at it, just because you can't stomach the thought of a Nightsinger's knight taking the brunt of things on YOUR BEHALF!

Go ahead, Lirela. Tell the brats they're not allowed to think, they're not allowed to speak. See how far it gets you. Damned good thing you know how to weave, the air around you is getting pretty thick.

I've said it before. If someone else wants the job, then DO IT! Don't sit around whining and sniveling, wondering 'What's a Vile One?' Wondering 'Layers? What layers?' And the best is 'Sacrifice? There has to be a sacrifice? Why? Who?'

If you can't lead worthy of my following, I won't follow. Lirela, you're as divisive as Lahgen on a good day.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:14 pm

If there is one thing I am not responsible for, it would be subterfuge and spies. I have never had any spies, and until this recent attack on the missionary, I have never hidden anything or withheld important information from anyone. I have been trying my hardest to bring the Alliance back together and be rid of all this damnable drama, RP-wise my character absolutely hates it, not to mention drow politics. That was my sole reason for wanting the missionary dead, and my sole reason I will singlehandedly kill, if I must, anyone or anything that tries to threaten our Alliance once again.

I too was forced into the role of Strike Leader, but I accepted this role because I know I am capable of it and I do consider myself an excellent tactician.

If you need me to be more, I can. I'm only one person though, and I think people need to be self-disciplined enough to make the right choices when it comes to dealing with our allies. This removes a heavy burden from any leader, and allows them to spend more time on the important things - the coming battle ahead.

T
lintral
Sojourner

Postby lintral » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:15 pm

Actually, Teflor has no place with the alliance, strike force, or whatever you call it. So there is no united or divided with him. So no, we don't have to work with him, other than to possibly see his head on a pike somewhere. If we can be bothered, best to just let him scurry off and feel self righteous.

Before we need this new, one leader to unify and inspire, we need the Strike Force to be willing to be led. It's not the responsibility of a leader to prove themselves to their followers, but the reverse.

And right now, I only know of one person the dragons trust with the knowledge of contacting them. And right now, I'm much more obliged to trust their judgement, over just about anybody. Especially a critical member of the Strike Force who vanished for so long.

It would seem your priorities aren't as obvious as you would lead us to believe, if one person dying is cause for you to abandon the entire Strike Force for months just to go wait with him.

Oh yes, and before somebody uses my own current habit of staying in hiding as some sort of weak ammunition to discredit me, realize the awesome responsibility you have Lirela. You dead, Auzorm'tvorl wins. Instead you flippantly traipse about the Realms, with a single bodyguard, and hold gatherings in public places. I care about the future of this world and its people, you seem selfishly absorbed in your own interests rather than preserving the hope of the future.
Lorsalian
Sojourner

Postby Lorsalian » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:24 pm

Teej wrote:You want everyone to kiss and make up? I'm certain you do. Particularly since your own alleigances are suspect.

Care to elaborate on that accusation?

And Lirela ... *sigh* .... you should know that a side-effect of telling someone that they are a child is for them to pout and dig in their heels. And that's regardless of whether you were right or not.
Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:15 pm

Timas:

Why do you people bicker so? You will get nowhere carrying on like this. You need to learn to work together you don't have to trust each other just tolerate each other. While you bicker the forces of The Vile One have time to plan say ambushes,raids etc. You people are giving up precious time by arguing amongst yourselves.

Lirela
Sojourner

Postby Lirela » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:50 pm

When I had to leave for a short time, I had faith in you people to take care of things until I could return, and never dreamed that I would come back to this mess. Now that I’m here, though, I will do everything that I can to fix what has been broken, and to mend the tear in our unity.

What I won't apologize for, Lintral, is what you call "flippantly traipsing about the realms." Because I came back to such a mess, and because I need to find out for myself what’s going on, I have had to travel in order to put all the pieces together. If I am destined to die to Auzorm'tvorl or his followers, it will happen whether I am in hiding or out in the open. I won't stay behind locked doors and magical shields when there is work to be done.

You all seem to think that I'm volunteering to be leader. I never said anything of the sort.

As for being afraid, yes. I think we all are. But of you Teej? No. You've made your pledge about me and I don't doubt it.

I don't claim to be a member of your Alliance, and I certainly don't claim allegiance to Teflor. The Strike Force, which I consider to include the Alliance and everyone else fighting for the same goal, that's the only thing I am committed to. I also believe that everyone involved, including Teflor and Ayra, has that same goal. Unfortunately, without the proper leadership, everyone seems to be doing their own thing, which has led us to the predicament we're in now. Yes, Teflor and Ayra's actions have hindered our efforts, but perhaps if we had a leader they would follow, their damage would have been prevented. Maybe we should ask them why they don’t follow our leaders. That way we can consider their point of view and perhaps adjust our ways accordingly. Now we find ourselves trying to clean up their mess and plotting to kill them for it, when they want to see Auzorm’tvorl defeated like we do.

A leader needs to look at everyone involved, evaluate their skills, be motivational, and most importantly keep everyone informed about what needs to be done and how to do it, so even when left to their own devices, the followers’ actions will not be detrimental to our common goal. If Teej is the only one the dragons will talk to, then she is the most likely candidate at the moment. If Targsk is the best one to plan the specifics of the attack, then that's what he should be doing. What they both need to be doing is preparing our forces for the coming conflict. I have no doubt that most people are not aware of what is going on let alone the specifics of what needs to be done in the final confrontation.

The leaders we have don't seem to be inspiring those under them. I certainly don't feel inspired, and I don't see anyone else who seems to feel differently. My skills haven't been put to use, and hard as I try to use those skills, without the big picture or the guidance of someone who can see the big picture, I'm not as effective as I can be. As a further example, there are those willing and able to help who are being turned away. Perhaps they want to take on a role that’s not suited for them, but we should help them find something more appropriate, rather than turning them away all together.

What this Strike Force is really missing is a leader as a figure head, someone who everyone can rally behind and march into battle with. Some may not even know who the leaders of the Alliance are. This needs to change. The time in the shadows is over. That is the place for chaos--and Auzorm'tvorl is happy with this type of leadership. Our leader should step into the light, sweep away all the innuendos and secrets, and put an end to all this petty bickering. Morale is crucial in an effort like this, and right now I’d say our morale is about as low as it could be.

Yes you can all nit pick about what I’m saying, and tell me what I should or shouldn't do, but the bottom line is… Will our leadership pull us together as a united force to strike out at chaos and evil incarnate, or will we be wallowing in "he said, she said" until our time is up?

'It must not come to be.'
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:02 pm

Tis an easy enough thing to hollar for a leader to lead.

Any nominations?

I follow Teej. I'll follow Targsk if he asks it of me. There is no one person everyone would follow, and noone has volunteered.

There are no tasks for me at this time, so I practice. I hone my skills, sharpen my blades and, oddly enough, prepare myself for battle.

If I find something else useful to do, I do it.

I couldn't care less what a person's religion is, as long as the person works toward the final goal,, and we all remember what that is right?

I will be ready for the call. That is the best way I can serve the alliance at this time.

I suggest to others they do the same.

Lilira
Clan Blindhammer
Sojourner

Postby Clan Blindhammer » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:53 pm

Aw fer the bloody damned hell of it, ye all sound like drunken orc puffin o'er its last bit o bloody copper in front o bordello o' half-gnolls n' sedated su-ey monstries. I ain't heard such bickerin' since we opened the Northern tunnels o' Gloomhaven an' half the damn cave fell in on the damned Puspok clan's myconid fields. Feh. I swear, if ye ain't got the belly fer guttin' a bad brew, than get ye out o the damn bar! Huffin' an' puffin' o'er who ain't got what wee nasties to lead this an' that - A damnable bunch o damned half-retarded sahaugin, swimmin' upside down in a damned whirlpool full o' water weirds n' sea serpents ye are!

FEH.

I say, if'n ye ain't fer puttin blade to bone n' bone to blade, then get ye gone an' don't ye e'er say a word again. If'n ye are fer bladin' bones an' bonin blades, then get yer damned head on straight, drop the damn shenanigans an pay got damned attention afore ye land the damned lot o us in the bottom o the nine hells as the damn Vile Thingies dinner partner.

Buncha damn idiot goblinkin wishyaweres. Mutter.
Deshana
Sojourner

Postby Deshana » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:49 am

funny I thought stories were just that, not invitations from the elite to flame.
you sound like children bickering over a sweet, and you will get exactly what you deserve.

I just hope the realms survives your little civil war.

idiots.
Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:57 am

I think you people are wasting your time bickering and i have contributed to it some i know.you need to get over your problems.

As for me, i wait. i think. i will make a decision when the time is right.i cannot decide now because i know not how any decision made my me will be acepted.

also i think lirela has the right idea but i have seen know one that could lead all. we (and i use we lightly because i know how people feel about me) have to many pet peeves and vendettas to follow anyone person. a person someone feels is the best leader might be hated by someone else. we(and again used lightly)need to learn how to compromise.

Clan Blindhammer
Sojourner

Postby Clan Blindhammer » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:00 am

Feh, leave it to somebody to ruin the levity Arti brings to a conversation:P
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:39 am

Good God. Even my rpq posts turn into flame wars.
Tida
Sojourner

Postby Tida » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:51 am

ooc/
Poor Teflor, can't even rp without everyone going at it and fighting :( I only posted to tease you about Lilira I didn't mean to start anything honest. Now I feel bad :(
ooc/
Clan Blindhammer
Sojourner

Postby Clan Blindhammer » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:44 am

ooc Teflor, i dont think anyone meant it to become a flame war. A lot of issues need to be handled, and either you can take the disagreements RPly, or you can be dumb and hold a grudge about it. You brought a lot of this on yourself, you know - many of the players go to great lengths to make sure that their RP interactions are totally understood (as intended) before posting some highly 'flammable' material. It might help for you to do so in the future if you feel you've been unjustly 'flamed'.

/ooc

FEH!
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:35 am

ooc: Bah, I hate to add to the mess here, but meh...

ic: Lirela - You know, I just realized something....I can overlook your crappy attitude lately, given everything that's happened with you...your daughter disappearing, being specifically targeted by the Vile One, and so forth.

But....do you honestly think you can start bossing everyone around?

I think you do think that. And I think you're doing it because you think nobody will say anything about it, because you're "The Weaver."

See, you go beyond merely giving good suggestions as to behavior. You say things as though they are orders. That is unacceptable.

So everyone, take note...unless you are Teej, or a messenger from Teej, you'd better have a damn good reason for telling me anything.

Lintral: I suppose the point is sort of moot anyway, given the circumstances, but you are mistaken about role of the leader. What use is a leader if nobody will follow them? Would you be someone's trained monkey, just because they are the "leader?" I don't think you would.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:23 am

What good is a leader who leads the group where it is already headed?
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:28 am

Hey, arti? Go flame yourself. Realize that I don't care at all what you think. If I want to make a musing or observation, its my option. Quite frankly, go do something useful.
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Auril » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:07 pm

For very obvious reasons, this thread is being locked.

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”