Insane tech support call

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Ruxur
Sojourner

Insane tech support call

Postby Ruxur » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:18 pm

In the IT tech support buisness you get lots of wierd support calls. Every now and then they go past wierd to the insane stage. Thursday we got one that is going to be hard to top.

This is absolutely for real, the voice male voice you hear is that of my co worker Barry Russell. At the begenning of the call the woman expressed the concern that people could watch her through the blue lights on an unverified electronic device.

http://www.tcial.com/media/voicemail.wav

i highly reccomend checking this out. It happened yesterday and i still cant get enough of it.

if you get a codec error, save the file to your local drive, right click and open with windows media player. For some reason real jukebox and winamp have a few problems with it.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:56 pm

That's awesome. My coworkers and I were just dying listening to that lady rant...

Those Devils from California got her box...
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:51 pm

I would have never been able to tell that she was brain-dead for an extended period of time if she hadn't told us...
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Werg
Sojourner

Postby Werg » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:16 pm

lmao! that's great... "If you don't recognize my voice by now, somethings wrong" .......... "I'm gonna stop all computers and you wont make your money, goodbye!" ...... *sigh* ..... hahahaha I used to work for Earthlink tech support. Boy, sometimes you can get some crazy ass people. "I'm a miracle" muahaha
-W3rgy
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:56 pm

Does the devil crank call technical support?
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:19 am

the sad thing is that was more than likeley not a crank call, the number pointed to a lady named eula

Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'

Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:12 pm

Ruxur wrote:the sad thing is that was more than likeley not a crank call, the number pointed to a lady named eula

She needs some professional help. People like that scare the hell out of me. That's the type of person that drowns the kids, or drills holes in their head in order to get the devil out - or even drill a hole in your head.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:35 pm

We had a legend at Dish Network affectionately known as the "red sweater lady." Apparently, a woman called in because her remote control wouldn't work properly. After about 20 minutes of troubleshooting, the tech rep absolutely could not figure out why the remote wasn't functioning, when the lady let slip that she had covered the IR sensor with several layers of opaque masking tape. Well, duh, there's your problem, he said. "Take off the tape." She laughed and said something to the effect of "oh yeah right, I know you guys have a little camera in there and you're watching me to see what television programs I watch, I'm not taking off the tape." The tech rep stifled a laugh and tried to convince this lady that there really isn't a microcamera inside her remote control, but she would have none of it. After a while, they agreed that they were at an impasse... he told her the remote wouldn't work with the tape on it, she was firm about not removing the tape. Finally, at the end of the call, the rep said as a joke "Have a nice day ma'am, and that's a lovely red sweater you're wearing."

The legend would have us believe that she was indeed wearing a red sweater at the time, and you can imagine the consequences thereafter.
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:24 pm

ROFL
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:06 am

Oh, my god.

I work tech support now on an internal line... if I got that call, someone would be losing their job for sure...

That is just TERRIFING
<I>When a man lies, he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?</I>
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:52 pm

Ruxur wrote:the sad thing is that was more than likeley not a crank call, the number pointed to a lady named eula

I can see why she was so distraught, no one pays attention to eula's these days.
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:10 pm

great story rags,

anyone else got an insane tech support call?

Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:37 pm

Ragorn wrote:"Take off the tape."
She laughed and said something to the effect of "oh yeah right, I know you guys have a little camera in there and you're watching me to see what television programs I watch, I'm not taking off the tape."

Response A:
"That's correct ma'am. This is how we insure 'Quality Programming' suited to cater to your specific interests. Now we wouldn't want you to end up watching Asian Rice Farming updates in Japanese now wouldja? In fact ma'am, those customers of ours that watch the most TV, we're actually able to reduce the number of commercials they watch and increase the amount of quality entertainment. That's a nice reward for your help isn't it? Doesn't that sound like something you'd like to do?"

Response B:
"Oh I've heard about that to, and infact, it's the cable company that does that. Do you have cable? If so, they hide little recorders in the long black wire that comes out of the wall. Where does that wire go anyways? And if you use an antenna, they have a radio transmitter inside it that sends a signal to their office where they record everything you watch. That's what they do. We just make remotes that allow you to change the channel. So go on and take that tape off. I tell you what tho. If you don't want the cable company knowing about what you're watching, just wrap your antenna with aluminum foil, and this will block the radio signals to the cable company. If you wrap the cable cord in foil, it shorts out the recorders too."

Techs with imagination are the best. ;)
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:39 pm

Oh no, ma'am. The tape won't help, you need lead. It's an xray camera.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”