Your send Teyaha sprawling with a powerful bash!

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Your send Teyaha sprawling with a powerful bash!

Postby Teyaha » Sun Jan 13, 2002 10:05 pm

I would like to explore the 'bash teyaha' phenomenon. I invite all evils to join, even those of you i've never grouped with, to please voice why I am despised so. perhaps voicing your anger will bring some measure of closure to you all.

*dons abestos suit*
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Sun Jan 13, 2002 10:59 pm

Cannot resist this thread....

Actually,

I will give you my constructive views of the problems I had with you. I don't exactly fit the catagory because I did group with you, and in all honesty really don't harbor any more resentment toward you as it has faded with time.

That being said I only really had a few problems with you to begin with, and I would in no way attempt to say that my "flame" posts pointing out my problems in the past did not add to the problem.

I really first took issue with the way you in bbs posts would constantly remind people of your 6 years of experience on the mud, and would point out and accredite mistakes some people would make to their lack of experience.

Secondly I took objection to the posts where you would accuse people of greed when you didnt get the item you wanted in a split when there were others who were getting nothing and not complaining. I found it disrepectful to people who took on the daunting task of leading and I also found it to be hippocritical.

Thirdly I took issue to the times you would quit and post about it on the board, not because you posted you were leaving so much as you using it as an outlet to slam all the people and things on the mud you did not like. This is not something specific to you, I have this problem with everyone who does this.

Lastly, and admittidly least of them all was a thread I only vaguely remember the details on where you singled out some people who got upset with you cause you didnt want to exp somewhere. I saw it as a silly thread at the time although I can only work from my memmory of it at this point which is limited.

All this being said, I really dont care anymore. It has been months, and it doesnt matter to me at all. I havnt been playing myself in the past month or so, and am thinking of making a comeback, but would not quit a group because you are in it, would not make offhand unprovoked comments about you, but would not go out of my way to spend time with you either.

So for whatever its worth, there it is. I did not mean it as a flame, and would never claim to be perfect myself, however untill I open a forum on my shortcomings, dont feel obliged to list them.

Zrax
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun Jan 13, 2002 11:08 pm

this is what i want to hear! i know there's more. c'mon folks.
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Sun Jan 13, 2002 11:44 pm

I don't know you or have never grouped with you, nor have I even sent you a tell, or replied to you on the BBS, I think.
But what I can see is this:
It seems like you want to draw this out, as if you enjoy the attention from it.
Every post I read from you is "I'm quitting" and it's because I get no respect.

Maybe if you drop it, it'll actually go away.

PS don't publicly ask a question like this if you want it to go away.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun Jan 13, 2002 11:50 pm

actually this is fun gin!

and staying away from the mud for three months didnt make anything go away!

fun fun!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Jan 14, 2002 12:04 am

lose the attitude, dont ask me what attitude it drips from your posts.

pick something and stick with it, 3 level 40 chars is dick. yes this is a game, but its more than that its a community. your basic complaint is your not fitting into the community and people dont like you but from what ive seen your not trying to fit in. you wanna do whatever you want to do and expect everyone to be ok with that.

stop trading all your gear every other week. in the last couple days i heard you say something like.. finally in 6 years this is my first amy ring. I was in the gruop with you, i wouldnt have minded having a second amy ring as well as the other folks im sure (yes you won it fair and square by dice). then 15 minutes later i see it up on the bbs for possible trade for rogue gear. then the next day i hear about some post regarding trading a nebula a raven staff and amy ring for a single kirin horn. if you cant see how thats wrong then maybe you dont fit in with the majority on the evil side.

i posted this in your other thread, but im going to do it again. pick something stick with it, pay your dues again and again if you have to and rebuild your rep. dont try to hide youll just lose more respect.

oh and dont come back swaggering, come back humbly. action speaks louder than words. do you really think people like or dislike you based on a name?

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 01-13-2002).]
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Mon Jan 14, 2002 12:10 am

ah, i'm only one on evil side wiht more than one level 40 char?

hrm, i must be only one trading gear too.

keep it going guys! i love this stuff!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Jan 14, 2002 12:28 am

yea exactly the kind of post i expected. you just dont get it.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Mon Jan 14, 2002 12:38 am

actually the point of this thread was so that you guys who are so obviously mad at me would have some place to all get together and just let 'er rip. usually after you let your frustrations out you feel better.

and i did come back humble, caz. however you can thank Izid for my deciding to stop playing the chanter only 30 mins after getting that amey. I got tired of someone i've never grouped wiht before, and who's exact words when i asked who he was were 'no one you know' telling everyone at the fountain repeatedly that i'm a twink, and my fav, 'twinkarrific'.

there's always more to the story than those of you who like do judge me know, and this is your forum to rip on me. Image
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Mon Jan 14, 2002 1:28 am

Actually, the word was "twinktastic."

And repeatedly? I said it once, and it was half in jest. Exact words were, "Never mind Tey, she's just twinktastic!" I never once called you a "twink", and especially not in front of others. I may think it, but I didn't say it.

And I agree with Caz. Your constant trading of eq saying you want to be a mage, oh, now I want a rogue, oh, maybe a warrior. And then putting it all up on the BBS, trading eq that was obviously SO hard for you to get, seeing as you saw fit to post here complaining about how you never got a fair deal in zones. I mean, playing alts is one of the most fun parts of this game, but trading all the eq on your main character to dress up your alt seems kinda, well, silly.

*shrug* I'd suggest a goodie may be more your style. Everyone knows they're silly over there. Image

-Tre'Verien
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Mon Jan 14, 2002 1:37 am

1) it's my gear. it was never 'handed' to me, i won it in bids in sok groups, all of it that i havent subsequently traded for

2) i played teyaha until september, at which time i desperately needed a change and played warrior. i got a sweet deal on an ebony that required a good portion of my caster gear,and i took it. after a few weeks of that Dark age of Camelot came out and i'd been there till two weeks ago.

3) the first time i logged on i seen you at fontain izid, and first thing you said 'i thought you quit', and you were very sarcastic during the ensuiing conversation, which i posted here on the bbs. i came back very humble and very much interested in resurrecting teyaha

4) however teyaha had only 240hp. not zoneable and i always feel bad bumming things off folks in group cause i afraid i'll forget to give back. therefore, and with much support, i went about regearing her.

5) i still have enough gear for both this char and my rogue now. my rogue predates even teyaha this wipe. i had hoped that those of you who hated me so had forgiven and forgotten since i was gone for three months, but i was wrong. there were witnesses to the verbal thrashing i got on the acheron channel by some anon evil. i'd ask that person to keep his flaming of me in tells, but they persisted and never did answer my 'you have a problem with me' tell.

what i do with gear i spent time zoning to get is none of your business, especially since it wasnt HANDED TO ME. i had to bid and lose quite a few times before i won an amey ring. it's my first ever and as everyone knows i been here a long time. how many times you think i've done that god damned zone in that time?

flame on! this is fun and theraputic!
Lig
Sojourner

Postby Lig » Mon Jan 14, 2002 1:46 am

Teyaha play a goodie, you'll fit right in.
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:07 am

Hehehehe don't quit Teyaha, I don't know you but anyone that doesn't like Dizzinwankerhontus is a friend of mine :P

I've had nothing to do with him since i built a special room for him on the mud some friends and I were building while Sojourn was in limbo. The room was aply named "Jasix cage for annoying fuckwitts" It was Dizzin's log in room, silence, no teleport. Only another god could get him out and they usualy copped shit from me for taking my pet dickhead out of the room. Some of our gods didn't like the way I treated him but well I had the power and I abused it for my own ammusment hehe and most of the others gods ammusment too. A few of the gods he sucked up to tolerated him but the rest thought he was a tool so let me have my fun. He was later banned to save the peace. heheh being banned from a mud not even anywhere near completion might give you some insite into his annoying personality. I hoped he had changed even tho i avoid him when i play my evil. But I guess he is still a knobpolisher that gets off putting others down without even knowing them. (oh wait is that what I am doing???:P)

Don't quit, just channel your anger into areas that make you feel better :P Attack those that attack you and give em all hell :P

Not being in the IN CROWD can suck.. but don't give them the satisfaction of letting them push you out.

Stand tall, shout loud and welcome the battle, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger Image

You may be a complete nutcracker but hey, being sane never got anyone anywhere in life did it?

Jasix "Insane in the membrain" Prowlingwolf
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:15 am

hey jas. how's locky and dan doin? i havent seen them in long time, you nutty aussies.

caz and zrax make good observations though. i was so deathly afraid of the evil 'clique' mentality we all heard about during the days of toril that i felt i needed to let everyone know my playtime here. little did i realize that's not truly relevent anymore. some of the more successful evils this wipe were never evils before.

youre also right about the constant trading. i have had no single favorite character outside of a warrior and i always like to try them all. the only class i have not played on this game is a cleric. i've played everything else up to at least 30 in my time here, and i def need to just pick one and stick with it for a year or two.

and zrax you are right about the posting i'm quitting and then not actually quitting. all three times it's been because my friends make me feel guilty for leaving them so i stay, but i shouldnt make those kinds of posts just cause i feeling particularly depressed that day, i apologize.

[This message has been edited by Teyaha (edited 01-13-2002).]
Rokub
Sojourner

Postby Rokub » Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:51 am

You have to play a character to high level, and play it a lot, to get the satisfaction of zoneing and aquireing the right equipment. People dislike that you keep switching characters. People dislike you trading valuable items that NOT JUST YOU, But the rest of your group worked HARD to get. The item is not just YOURS. It is your groups that helped you! This is why people become upset when you do stuff like trade items.
People have not liked your attititude about a lot of things during this wipe so far. People asked me not to even help you with gate and relocate, but I did help you. People want a noble person who will play 1 character mainly and group with them every single day they are online. Not 5 different ones.
People have spoken out and want you to level up teyaha and get dragonscales. If you get dragonscales is a whole new word and people really would like to have you come join them in their group, but as of now their likeing for you is not much..

I'm going to say this truely, enchanters are hard to play, and very boring, if its not the class for you, pick another and stick with it. My shaman ownz all. and Orcs own all! Muahahah.

Personally I think you may like goodies better because there are multiple groups you can group with, and well if you have outcasted yourself from evils by someway, your pretty much screwed no? Have you not realized that?

Rokub
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Mon Jan 14, 2002 3:09 am

jas jas jas

lets not go into this again!!!

*cheek*

no bashing or flaming friends of mine!!

*Ambar glares at you, and stands protectively in front of the lil chanter*

giggle

-Jen

Rokub... giggle.. u know Ogre Shaman OWN!!
who else can brag about meming 17 sec for stones.. rofl Image
mmmmmmmmmm bodyslam
mmmmmmmmmm doorbash Image

-----Ambar still searching for that nice Ogre boy.....

[This message has been edited by Karikhan (edited 01-13-2002).]
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Mon Jan 14, 2002 3:16 am

chanter not as rough in a sense as toril druid. at least we useful to a point before level 46. but i agree the table is harsh. there are other threads on that though.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Jan 14, 2002 3:32 am

My items aren't mine? They're the groups' that got them for me? And they'll get mad if I trade them?

Whoa, I'm glad I played a goodie with that kind of attitude.

- Ragorn
gogk
Sojourner

Postby gogk » Mon Jan 14, 2002 7:59 am

Teyaha, I don't like you, or not like you either. The fact of the matter is i dont like or not like almost everyone on this mud.

Everyone at one time or another has done or said something to someone which has brought about some type of argument or fight or whatever, now here is something i notice, just my 2 cents.

You are for lack of a better word, abit bitchy Not at all saying you are a bitch. I mean bitchy as in you complain, and put people down as well as anyother person I have seen on this mud.

I wont go there, I might die, i wont do this he isnt experienced enough for my taste to follow him in there. That is just my opinion on that matter.

Now as far as evil cliques. I find it absolutely hilarious that a goodie has the nerve to even pass a sentence like that over the BBS. Listen i have played here a very long time as well, and up until I'd say about the middle of last wipe i noticed that evils were getting clique(ish). And this wipe they most certainly are. But, I know for a fact that the goodies as I knew they would, didnt let me down by taking it just that much further (farther?). I just think its the pot calling the kettle black is all.

Now in sum. Teyaha I don't hate you, I dont not hate you either. That goes for everyone on the mud. Cept Shevi, I hate Shevi:P.

And always remember It's Just a game Focker!!!!!

i think there was somemore i wanted to put in this post maybe about jasix and the way he posted how bad dizzy is and stuff but coming off as an asshole about someone you feel is an asshole is just flat out assholish. thinkin maybe people who come off that way should just bite their tongue cause it just makes them look like..well assholes.

------------------
Gogk, Everyone Picks On The Fat Kid
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:24 am

Don't care about what other people say.

They need you, you dont need them.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:25 am

your post was kinda hard to follow gogk Image

but this one line...

I wont go there, I might die, i wont do this he isnt experienced enough for my taste to follow him in there. That is just my opinion on that matter.

would help me if you cited some examples. thanks Image
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:25 am

jegzed, as always, is my hero.

sorry, i didnt scribe enchant weapon. Image
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:05 am

plenty of posts have highlighted areas that keep you from fitting in, but all you do is defend your choices and say i dont got to do that i can do whatever i want i can play whatever i want you cant tell me what to do. you know what your right so why are you unhappy? your doing what you want right? oh people dont like you? well thats a different story then isnt it. people who do their own thing typically do it alone.

your not going to change evil mentality, and all the bbs posts in the world arent going to convince anyone you got a raw deal. take some action and make a choice. suck it up and rebuild your rep, or quit/go play goody.

and ragorn, i like the evil side attitude / handout / ect... not everyone will, but i see it as if your put in time and consistency you will get measurable progress. as a goodie floater all you get is a shot at winning something. if you join a goodie guild is it really that different? Your guild going to hand you an eldritch just so you can trade it away 20 minutes later? They may not bag on you the first time, but im sure your "friends" will start to get annoyed and eventually you will prolly end up getting cast out from the guild. is there favortism hell yes and ive been on both ends, it sucks but i havent seen anything too gross or prolonged yet.
gogk
Sojourner

Postby gogk » Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:46 am

hehe i know my shit is always hard to follow cause i just dont type as fast as i think and i get confused...you wanted some examples the ones i got were when a few times i asked you to do exp with me and Troll (leaving his name out) on spirit raven and you said you wouldnt follow him cause in is inexp?...its exp dude how much exp you need to exp?:P go kill bring an enchanter and healer so noone dies its that simple but you were bitchy about it.

then we were doin vault. you wanted to actually wait outside? im sorry IC vault.

and some zone trip we went on you refused to go cause your exact words Enchanter exp is too harsh i wont go. then you shot in there with ill only go if i know i wont die.

dont get me wrong i dont like dying either and i do have concerns about my character. but its like dealin with a baby sometimes.

and let me just say again, its not that im mad at ya or your my best friend either, ya know? just things you asked for.
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Mon Jan 14, 2002 1:50 pm

*chuckle* And since when did i care who thinks I am an asshole?

If Jen can't change me no one can :P

And she has been trying for about 7 years :P

Maybe i was a little harsh on Dizzin, he cant help it if he's a toadie that gets off making fun of people less skilled them himself. I thin we shoud all stand in the centre of our hometowns jerking off over our spanky eq and making fun of less fortunity people like a bunch of 13 year olds...

The only reason i posted here was cause even if Teyaha is all messed up and not as good a chanter as you all want or even a bit to bitchy for you, you all seemed to be on her case, so right or wrong i would try and defend her. Who needs facts when there is a fight to be had :P

Some one has to stick up for the fruitloops or i would have no one else to chat with in the shrinks waiting room..

Give em hell Tey
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:28 pm

I agree with Ragorn. If my friend goes to the store and helps me buy groceries, you think I owe it to them to not throw my cookies at the wall or something? I think not! I do with my cookies what I want to, even if they fought tons of people to get to the cookie isle for me! I paid my dues too, therefore, it's MINE! Muahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Tilez -C is for Cookie-
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Mon Jan 14, 2002 4:30 pm

"hehe i know my shit is always hard to follow cause i just dont type as fast as i think and i get confused...you wanted some examples the ones i got were when a few times i asked you to do exp with me and Troll (leaving his name out) on spirit raven and you said you wouldnt follow him cause in is inexp?...its exp dude how much exp you need to exp?:P go kill bring an enchanter and healer so noone dies its that simple but you were bitchy about it."

i think i remember this situation, and it was more because i had been following that person and they kept kamikazi'ng the group on the slaver. but that was over 6 months ago.

"then we were doin vault. you wanted to actually wait outside? im sorry IC vault."

unless this was the time i did ic vault naked, it never happened. would you charge rhemo's with 145hp if the option was presented to you to sit outside and just run in and stone every few seconds? i was also doing ic vault as early as level 31 bro, and it was generally sok leading, and he'd always ask me to stay out and just run in and stone because he knew i'd die to one area. i also held the keys incase of repop. shrug.

"and some zone trip we went on you refused to go cause your exact words Enchanter exp is too harsh i wont go. then you shot in there with ill only go if i know i wont die."

that was last weekend, cherzra led, 8 man group wanted to do balor in jot. cherzra says we cant take it, everyone seemed to want to do an underpowered fight and i had just lost my level that morning. first i said i wasnt interested in a guaranteed spank, then agreed to sit out after spellup. we never did go because cherzra agreed we were far to underpowered for any hope of success for that fight.

actually caz i had started this thread as a way to entertain myself, but as more gets posted to it i realize the flaws many of you are pointing out and will try to work on them in the future, regardless of what class i play. i appreciate the input, actually.

[This message has been edited by Teyaha (edited 01-14-2002).]
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Jan 14, 2002 5:13 pm

>actually caz i had started this thread as a way to entertain myself, but as more gets posted to it i realize the flaws many of you are pointing out and will try to work on them in the future, regardless of what class i play. i appreciate the input, actually.

im glad you appreciate the input. you started this thread to entertain yourself? the gall of that statement. At whose expense. some of us take this "game" very seriously. I was posting because I thought you wanted some help and input, not for your "entertainment." Are you "entertained" by people getting riled up, angry, frustrated, and hurt? im not mad, but there you go again doing what you want to do because you can and its "entertaining."
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Jan 14, 2002 6:54 pm

Teyaha, you want to stop getting bashed? One thing that would slow it down would be to stop airing your dirty laundry in public forums. That goes for both the "I had a problem with X" and the "I'm quitting because of Y" threads. I hate to say it, but you seem to be a victim to the "Any attention is good attention and bad attention is better than none" syndrome. Don't respond to this, let this thread die, and prove everybody wrong.
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:26 pm

just a comment on the experience quotient...

if you felt they were inexperienced .. why didnt you offer to lead, maychance school the young lad ????

and GOD it was the spirit raven :P if you need to be horribly experienced to lead that god help us all Image

---------------
Ambar *I'm not fat I'm big boned* Squish Squid
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:58 pm

hey tey. i usually stay out topic concerning ya, but i will jump in to this one. take my advice i gave u last nite. dont post again until i give u okay. dont response to my post dont justify your rights. u know how much i hate giving advice.

sok
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Jan 15, 2002 6:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ragorn:
<B>My items aren't mine? They're the groups' that got them for me? And they'll get mad if I trade them?

Whoa, I'm glad I played a goodie with that kind of attitude.

- Ragorn</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we're overlooking a fundamental difference. Goodies are capitalistic, if you will. It's considered acceptable to sell for a profit, to trade for a profit; what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours until I can connive you into trading it.

Evils, as a stereotyped whole, don't believe in private property. They are, in a sense, communist. Someone need eq? It gets thrown in without much thought. Someone have extra eq? Usually it gets distributed.

Thus, it's inaccurate to apply goodie standards to an understanding of the evil eq situation.
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Tue Jan 15, 2002 6:51 pm

Actually, I have a serious problem with Tey after reading this thread...
You openly started a forum, asking for flamage from people...
Yet, there are very few flames to be seen here.
But, on other threads asking for constructive criticism, flames abound...
Why is this???
I think it's a problem with you!!! Image
DOWNGRADE TEYAHA!
Ermmm... Sorry if I misspelled your name, I'm all doped up on meds and a lot of caffeine Image

------------------
Taegost, The one and ONLY STUPER DRUID(tm)

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”