just wondering....

For discussion on integrating the players, areas, code, and cool stuff from Homeland into TorilMUD. All discussion welcome.
Larem
Sojourner

just wondering....

Postby Larem » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:25 pm

was this a merger? or did torilmud buy out homeland? Was this a hostal take-over? Why, if the 2 are just combining......aren't there any forgers on torilmud from homeland? Seems unfair that if it was a mutual lets combine type deal that none of the gods from homeland are given forger status on torilmud. Why is there no mention of the merger on the bbs homepage? What happened to the machine that was running homeland? How long will it take to get new pc races? Why are there so many gods, and not enough ansi to cover them all? Will torilmud be getting new ansi system? More colors would really make the game more enjoyable. Will any of the hometowns on torilmud be replaced with those from homeland?...........um.......i'm sure i'll think of more later.
"When you close your eyes, is it hell that you see?" Ghost, Ginger Snaps 2
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:34 pm

Larim, if you played more, you'd realize that all hometowns have been replaced by their counterparts - everything is backwards!! Ranger's can get into zone groups, and Chanters sit at 3 East all day every day!

It's weirding me out man! :P

**NOTE: You must have HUMOR togged on to enjoy this post :P
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:41 pm

It was a hostel takeover. Yeah.
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:34 pm

blah, i'm serious here, which is why it's in this area, and not general discussion.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:54 pm

Yasden wrote:It was a hostel takeover. Yeah.

I used to see Llandrien sitting in the hostel all the time. Is that what you mean?
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:06 pm

Oh, and I don't know if it'll help, Gerin, but here's a link that might explain some little bit of the merger part.

http://homelandmud.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2384

Seems to me like it was a voluntary thing.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:51 pm

I'm noticing that a few homelanders despise toril. I'm thinking that they detested the old immortal staff (a la mystra). Maybe we should let them know that the new staff is much friendlier and more forgiving.

If they don't like toril b/c of the player base - well then I don't know what to do
Burmadapig
Sojourner

Postby Burmadapig » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:55 am

where are you gathering that assumption from Selias?
Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:27 am

Selias is correct in thinking that some Homeland players still have deeply rooted reservations about playing on Toril due to the past actions of the staff from an era long ago.

However, we all know that this is no longer the case. The staff of Toril were great before the merger and now with the additional Homeland staff we have merged together to form a great team. I for one would not be here typing this if I didn't have complete confidence in the Toril staff and if they did not have complete confidence in myself, Vhaeraun, Shiallia, and Lathander.
Vaprak, the Destroyer
-Formerly Tempus of HomelandMUD -- pre-merger
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:30 am

Burmadapig wrote:where are you gathering that assumption from Selias?

er, probably from the posts on the HL bbs that state that fact.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:18 am

Selias wrote: Maybe we should let them know that the new staff is much friendlier and more forgiving.

um.........
Burmadapig
Sojourner

Postby Burmadapig » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:37 am

I was just wondering where he was getting his information from.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:38 am

Yep, it was a hostile takeover. Me and Cyric and Shar put on ski-masks and waltzed into the Homeland Main Office. After I unleashed some secret ninja moves, they gave up and agreed to give us Homeland. Yarrr!

Duh. The post in the announcements forum explains exactly what happened. There's no secret agenda and nothing to hide...both teams did this out of desire to create an excellent game for no pay. We may be fools for it, but we love this game, and this community. There you have it.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:39 pm

Hey burm - I got that information from experience mostly. I've been banned back in the 3rd reich days of Soj1/Toril1 and also because HL existed initially as "Exile". More than a few great players left Toril during those hectic years, and some of them found a home on Exile which later became Homeland.

If you took my post as a personal attack, I'm sorry I didn't mean to do that
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:23 pm

Shevarash wrote:Yep, it was a hostile takeover. Me and Cyric and Shar put on ski-masks and waltzed into the Homeland Main Office. After I unleashed some secret ninja moves, they gave up and agreed to give us Homeland. Yarrr!

Burmadapig
Sojourner

Postby Burmadapig » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:46 pm

Selias wrote:Hey burm - I got that information from experience mostly. I've been banned back in the 3rd reich days of Soj1/Toril1 and also because HL existed initially as "Exile". More than a few great players left Toril during those hectic years, and some of them found a home on Exile which later became Homeland.

If you took my post as a personal attack, I'm sorry I didn't mean to do that

Hey Selias, you would know me as my gnome conj Pontle from back in the 3rd reich days. I didn't take it as a personal attack nor did I doubt the accuracy of your assessment. I just was curious as to if it had been posted somewhere recently or was it from players past experience with the old administration on Toril.

I went to Exile after K and E decided to shutdown Soj (was playing Rontle outcast gnome invoker on last step of inferno quest when the mud shutdown and wasn't coming back) and started building areas there. Left there shortly before T and V left to form Homeland. Joined Homeland staff at their invitation at the beginning. Played beta s3 or whatever it was called and then rolled Nazma up at wipe. (excuse me if I refer to things improperly...getting old)

My point is that I've been around Exile/Homeland pretty much from just after inception and have been on Soj/Toril since the days of berserkers and mercs and the first pkill xmas and Eye when solids were over 6k and wraiths could be around 3k. Wasn't there for the Dream (I think that is what I remember it being called). I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly, made lots of friendships that have lasted nearly a decade, and have more than my fair share of pdays.

I want to see a thriving mud that has so much drawing power that old skool people who quit years ago will want to come back and see what the fuss is all about.

Return to “Homeland Player Integration”