Feedback

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Feedback

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:42 pm

I've noticed an unpleasant trend between other invokers, which is they like to zap eachother. Recently, this resulted in my death and loss of level. There's a log of it in the log's section.

I'd like feedback changed so that the 2nd person casting the same spell is the only one who takes the feedback damage, or atleast so that the 1st person casting the spell (and actually reading their screen and paying attention) would take dramatically less from the feedback damage. (llike 50-100hps max cap)

If players want to 'feel the burn' as they call it, and try and zap someone who is doing their job, and not mindless botting of area blasting, I'd like the players who aren't, or are trying to zap, to instead be the ones to take it like Aristan.

And no Pril, you're not borrowing my Khanjari either :P

Because as it stands, zap'n is in my opinion, a blatent form of pkill that needs to be eliminated.

EDIT: I'm NOT asking to remove feedback, I'm asking to remove the possibility of people purposely being able to try and knock someone off via feedback.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:42 pm

thats awesome. im rolling an invoker, look out prildo and maxhole.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:08 pm

kiryan wrote:thats awesome. im rolling an invoker, look out prildo and maxhole.

rofl.

who is maxler, and why do you guys love him so much?
Burmadapig
Sojourner

Postby Burmadapig » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:13 pm

ROFLMAO KIRYAN!

That so owns!
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:51 pm

Kiryan wth ya need to roll a new char for? You can just multi-class!

Kiryan blinks a few times.

Kiryan says, "I know Meteor Swarm!"

Kiryan says, "I know Ball Lightning!"

Kiryan says, "I know Inferno!"

*slap neo*

Roll a voker man see how many times i kill ya :p

Pril
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:57 pm

It's a bit asinine that the first caster of the spell takes any damage at all. The 2nd caster is the boob that's not paying attention. Remove all damage from first caster and treat it like holy wording when you're evil for the 2nd caster, but be kind and leave them at -9 :P
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:04 pm

Oof. Sorry to hear about that Llaldara.

I know that there are vokers that use it as a form of "punishment" to another voker who isn't paying attention. Since 1.voker isn't paying much attention, or is annoying the $H!7 out of 2.voker, 2.voker decides to get even.

Unfortunately, I also know that it is more frequently a 2.voker who isn't paying attention or is being malicious without cause.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:12 pm

Maybe I'm just blessed, cuz I group with Vena and Pidi a lot. They've NEVER given feedback. Pidibeple (winsalot) tells you 'You got 10ths.'
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:18 pm

Heh, I've seen Pidi and Agwhore have wars on feedback :P
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:14 pm

Make it so both vokers take the insane amount of damage.

That way being a jerk=spankage. Or atleast a severe pain in the ass to zone leaders.
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:21 pm

As it stands now, both vokers do take a significant (and equal) amount of damage.

The whole point of this post is, as I understand it, to make sure that only the offending Voker (2.voker) takes a huge amount of damage, to teach them the error of their ways.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:25 pm

The problem is the offending voker is not always 2.voker for example:

Voker a) should be casting clouds. voker b) should be casting swamrs.

voker a casts swarms for some god awful reason. and then voker b is supposed to suffer only?
rarlaj
Sojourner

Postby rarlaj » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:38 pm

as a new voker...

i have fried two people....

first time was due to not knowing Thunderblast had feedback...

second time was due to a mutli-group walkin and the other vokers being mem'ed out and re-entering...

just my opinion... not a suggestion or even a cure (hell not even much of a bandaid)

first voker casting area spell takes 1/2 dam of feedback... and bad voker (the one casting second) should take 1-1/2 dam of feedback....

Rarlaj
Rarlaj - Athiyk Cretok - Orbdrin D'oloth
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:46 pm

rer wrote:As it stands now, both vokers do take a significant (and equal) amount of damage.

The whole point of this post is, as I understand it, to make sure that only the offending Voker (2.voker) takes a huge amount of damage, to teach them the error of their ways.

Exactly.

It's interesting to note that those vokers who are so against gsaying the spell they are casting, are often the same f'n idiots who can't read the screen and zap you.

I currently have highlights that flash in bold colors I can't miss in spam the spells other invoker are casting, and gsay any area spell I'm casting, and send tells to other invokers when I'm out of selected spell and it's their turn to cast it, and have a separate communication capture window for anyone else trying to cummunicate their current casted spell.

Maybe I should just edit my alias/trig invoker system, so I auto-abort any area spell I'm casting when someone else attempts to cast the same one, and just spam them in tells about it, with a polite gsay message to the group about what idiot invoker #2 is trying to do.

Hell. If the staff doesn't fix this, I'll do that, and re-heal myself with a few choice potions, and re-cast the spell myself and fry them instead. Hey, if they don't want to acknowledge it's pkill, it's fair game right? :P
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:26 pm

Pril has a point.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:32 pm

Birile wrote:Pril has a point.

Yeah, but the 2nd Invoker can always tell the 1st invoker to stop casting cuz they are casting the wrong spell. Can't talk while casting if you're the first to tell the 2nd to stop.
lintral
Sojourner

Postby lintral » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:32 pm

Indeed Pril does. I'll go one further. If something like Llaaldara's considered option were done (abort and spam the offender with tells and try to call attention to it over gsay), I'd simply adjust my tactics, if I were interested in deliberately causing feedback.

Note this is hypothetical, I don't have an area'ing invoker and wouldn't do this, but devil's advocate.

Sesexe on Infernos, I'm on swarms. That's nice, but I want to cause feedback. I wait for Sesexe to land an inferno, cast mine before she casts again. There's a reasonable chance me casting it would get lost in spam, especially if I were to neglect to announce the casting over gsay. Sesexe rightfully goes and casts her second inferno, and becomes the 'offender' of causing feedback.

You can't tie this to order of casting, cause it's easy enough to shake it up if you're _trying_ to cause problems. If you're not trying to cause problems, the casting order will get mixed up anyways simply by accident.
Burmadapig
Sojourner

Postby Burmadapig » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:48 pm

I never announce over gsay what I'm casting. If you're not intelligent enough to watch the screen and pay attention to what you've been assigned to cast, then DIE! I can't tell you how many times I've aborted spells because some other offending invoker was casting something he/she shouldn't have. The whole idea of gsaying what you're casting is ghey. Play your character instead of botting. Communicate with the other people who are in the group that are the same class as you and coordinate a little. Quit being dependent on and quit spamming gsay. What I do is this. If I'm starting 10th, when I'm done I send the person starting 9th a tell and vice versa. It works, there's no spam, and no feedback. FYI, I've played an invoker since they entered the game and only have had feedback 2 or 3 times because I wasn't paying attention. I've only once cast 10th to 10th with another inoker to see what the result would be, albeit Izans is not the best place to do so and Maxler, well he gets his panties in a wad when you feedback on him. Tip: Cast ball of lightning when Maxler is casting inferno. He loves it!
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:11 pm

Just get him to relo you in DK morgue, then blink him. He likes that too!

>:)
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:31 pm

Or watch him relo to Corth when Corth is playing on FP instead of pretending to be a statue, I mean, ranger in WD.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:35 am

Or you could remove invokers.

!!x
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:40 am

Text sometimes goes by too fast, Burma.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Burmadapig
Sojourner

Postby Burmadapig » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:40 am

Lahgen wrote:Text sometimes goes by too fast, Burma.

It's called highlight. Not difficult. Learn it. Use it.

Also, use gags for melee combat. If you're not, you're insane.

You can also gag most of unrelated caster spam, i.e. necro pets, clerics, spammy ass ghealers, etc.

There's simply just no excuse for anyone causing feedback on someone else unless they are simply NOT PAYING ATTENTION! If someone is autocasting, botting, or not doing his/her job, do you think I'm gonna care if I feedback on them? NO
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:40 am

Strictly speaking, not everyone has access to those features. They might be stuck with Telnet, for some ungodly reason.

As for not caring who you burn, it's like Sesexe said...if the imms don't acknowledge it's pk, then go nuts.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'

Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone

Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:02 pm

I have never liked the spam caused by these triggers

ages past, the group leader would have told you to turn off all triggers except what was needed for spellouts (and NOTHING that you can cast by yourself) ... clerics with vit out, scalers with scales out .. etc ..

these days you have 10 million people with trigs and they are allowed :P drives me insane! Just how many people need to answer the skill-less rogue with a hidden? trigger :P

with zappable spells why not make triggers for the OTHER invoker ....

once again, ages past .. a LOT of folks mudded with telnet and never had these triggers!

I still have all those spammy triggers .. FOR me alone ... #say #echo are lovely things to use!

NO I am not the authority altho I wish I were :P this is MY opinion alone :)
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:50 pm

the max will feedback you all!

fear the max! expecially you pril! im gunnin for your sorry ass.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Burmadapig
Sojourner

Postby Burmadapig » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:56 pm

yah, bastard got me back last night in izans
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:48 am

Ambar wrote:I have never liked the spam caused by these triggers

ages past, the group leader would have told you to turn off all triggers except what was needed for spellouts (and NOTHING that you can cast by yourself) ... clerics with vit out, scalers with scales out .. etc ..

these days you have 10 million people with trigs and they are allowed :P drives me insane! Just how many people need to answer the skill-less rogue with a hidden? trigger :P

with zappable spells why not make triggers for the OTHER invoker ....

once again, ages past .. a LOT of folks mudded with telnet and never had these triggers!

I still have all those spammy triggers .. FOR me alone ... #say #echo are lovely things to use!

NO I am not the authority altho I wish I were :P this is MY opinion alone :)

Well, personally, I've been cleaning house on my triggers. I also give the people who spell me up in a zone the option for gsay or tells (my personal preference). Lately I've been getting requests for no triggers at all as the enchanters in particular are glancing more and more.

I have an invoker who will hopefully be zonable sometime this year. I'm looking forward to learning how to run with the big boys, and I'll be talking to some of them for pointers.

Just my 1.5 cents.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:14 am

you guys make it sound like enchanters arent glancing anymore?

is this true?

personally i never relied on triggers. bash/switch/rescue lag if you are reliant on triggers usually means the tank gets far too close to death for my comfort.

i remember watching mplor yell at a few people in a CC group ages ago for spamming vit triggers. folks were a lot more tolerant of such things this time around but surely you cant tell me people have gotten so lazy as to not glance?

as kiryan can tell you i have few if any triggers for my enchanter. he was always after me to make them when my condition became a serious issue. best i could do was make short two letter aliases for most spells and make a set that glanced every 2 seconds, but it wouldnt auto cast scale cause it wasnt failsafe.

sorry for rambling. the above poster just caught my attention.
Areandon
Sojourner

Postby Areandon » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:57 am

As far as I know every competent chanter glances. Relying on triggers with bash lag and such is bound to get the tanks killed.

*shrug*

Naled
Teshidee
Sojourner

Postby Teshidee » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:24 am

what naled said :)

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”