Plat Farms & money in general.

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Plat Farms & money in general.

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:03 pm

Can we bring back plat farms? Right now the only way to get cash is to either A. Lead zones or B. Don't split loot.

I don't like being a jerk about cash, and I certainly don't want to be at the mercy of the higher levelers for hand downs. I'm not saying the higher levelers aren't nice, but should it really be that way?

I'm not neccesarily asking for plat farms to be brought back, but just some way for people like myself caught in the middle to get some decent eq so that leaders might actually want to take you zoning.

Thanks.
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:17 pm

You can go to Ship - there's some good cash there.

Or Troll Bark.

But, quite frankly, most higher end eq doesn't have a real monetary value.

It's kinda funny - lots of players looking for places to sink Plats, and you're looking for places to gain more...

Maybe we just need to get some of the higher end players that have 100k plat bank accounts to give some handouts or something to get you started.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:48 pm

I make loans with very reasonable terms. Come by my office and we can negotiate.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:13 pm

rer wrote:You can go to Ship - there's some good cash there.

Or Troll Bark.

But, quite frankly, most higher end eq doesn't have a real monetary value.

It's kinda funny - lots of players looking for places to sink Plats, and you're looking for places to gain more...

Maybe we just need to get some of the higher end players that have 100k plat bank accounts to give some handouts or something to get you started.

I run ship quite frequently....at most I can get 200 plat in about a 4 or 5 hour run when I split loot. If I dont split loot I can get up to about a thousand.....but then people get upset.

Troll bark owns me, people will see me in there picking off trolls here and there, and let out the Huntmaster just for fun. You can pretty much guess what happens from that point.

I don't want handouts. I want to be able to get stuff without being pitied upon. This doesn't mean I don't get help with stuff....all of my current eq is handouts. But at level 44 it shouldn't have to be that way.

If the staff doesn't see this as a problem then I'll shut up about it, I'm simply trying to make people aware of my difficulties as to make it less difficult for others in the future.

Thanks....again...
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:29 pm

From my own experiences, it's hard to get people to do midlevel zones that have decent eq for first time players. That eq already exists in the game, and no one really wants to do it, except right after a PWipe. Because of this, there are plenty of players with lots of extra eq lying around. Also, since the midlevel zones aren't done nearly as much, people expect a level 45+ character to have zoneable eq. It doesn't have to be the best eq in the game, just enough saves, ac, and hps to keep you alive.

What'll happen is, as you start zoning and replacing those handouts, you'll turn around and pass those down to new players yourself.

And, as Ashiwi said, she'll be happy to loan you money. This can be easily repaid later.

As far as money from Ship goes, just tell people going into it that you're not splitting the cash - then they can decide up front whether or not they want to come. Or just let people leave their looters on and don't worry about cash splitting - whatever you all end up with, you end up with.
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:06 am

It wouldn't be so hard to make a few zones like ZK with armor and stuff worth 1 plat and reload on mobs often enough that someone could make a decent amount of money that way. I have seen level 50's twink the crap out of ZK to make money but if you spread out this sort of thing all across Toril you would see more people exploring new zones and trying to make cash. There will always be people who will sit around with macros set up and move from mob A to B to get plats quickly but at least let the little guy have a chance to make more cash. Make Scardale eq worth more or something I dunno just throwing an idea out there. I never got a hand out when I started playing here except for Gormal giving me a low level MH axe. Only after I was about level 35 did Ythera lend me some eq Bernie his pet ghast was using to get my ac up. It was hell trying to level with newbie eq but I did it slowly and it took awhile. If I didn't already know where some of the mid level quest items were I think I would have had a much harder time. As it stands most new people don't even know where these quests are so they have a rough time gaining eq. We need to foster exploration and have them learn the mud as they grow. By adding platinum valued eq to mid level zones like how ZK is set-up I don't see the great harm in it. We already have a few why not make more to help out the new players. Well it’s just an idea.
Click on the links below and vote for this mud!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev
The Mud Connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... ner's+Home
MudMagic (aka Kyndig): http://www.mudmagic.com/listings/game/609
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:08 am

equipment sold to the stores should be more commonplace. This could be accomplished by raising the reward for selling equipment.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”