AMT at shops

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Thilindel
Sojourner

AMT at shops

Postby Thilindel » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:31 pm

Was thinking about having a credit card/atm type access in shops. When I use my debit card at some stores, there's like a 3 dollar charge, so would assume it could cost a fixed rate. This way you wouldn't not have to drag huge amounts of coin when you buy items.
Deltin
Sojourner

Postby Deltin » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:42 pm

and loan sharks too! Like the RDF in waterdeep with global tracking if you don't pay.

(knock,knock,knock) Candy gram....Land shark.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:52 am

Love the loan shark ideas, hate the ATM idea. Walking to the bank isn't so hard. ATMS/Debit at point of sale of any kind would contribute the mud to feel like one of those 12YO godded muds imho. The idea of having gems, or sealed letters worth 1K plat that you could first sell to the shopkeeper could work easily I reckon.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:03 pm

Shopkeep: Yes, Teflor, that bottomless bag of the tinkerers is 6523 platinum.

Teflor: Do you accept Vista?
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:15 pm

Coins in bank: 2000 platinum

Staff at Store: 2002 platinum

*swipe debit card*

Coins in bank after overdraft charges: -5000 platinum *nod self* :p
Burmadapig
Sojourner

Postby Burmadapig » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:02 pm

dumb idea...there's no such thing as ATM's in our time frame...jeez peeps...read a FR book for crying out loud!
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:25 pm

Burmadapig wrote:dumb idea...there's no such thing as ATM's in our time frame...jeez peeps...read a FR book for crying out loud!

While I don't like the idea much Burma, there is precedence for it. Go buy something at auction or train with your guildmaster when you don't have cash in your inv... all your copper disappears.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:27 pm

Burmadapig wrote:dumb idea...there's no such thing as ATM's in our time frame...jeez peeps...read a FR book for crying out loud!

The game is based on FR, obviously it doesn't follow it verbatim. So, you're saying whoever coded this is an idiot or something?

JACKPOT!
You won 9718 platinum coins!
Due to some recent muggings in the area
larger sums of this nature are sent directly to your bank.
Burmadapig
Sojourner

Postby Burmadapig » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:15 am

no the person who coded that is not an idiot, the code is actually quite cool, but as with ATMs it doesn't belong in a FR setting

since we're talking about Toril (timewarped to) 2005, where's my blackberry and digital cable so I can watch Ultimate TrollFighter live from the Arena on my 72" plasma tv!

quite honestly, things like slot machines and atms and automatic bank deposits/withdrawals shouldn't exist and should be removed from the game

why don't we just add airplanes, airports, subways, cars, rockets, and what not as well...it surely would be a convenience to have other modes of transportation other than slow ferrys/ships
Last edited by Burmadapig on Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:23 am

Money being sent straight to the bank is the same thing as far as from a programming standpoint as the funds being put directly into the bank. Buying that wolfbane pot is around 10k. It's a huge drag carrying that kinda loot around. When you practice, it racks up from your bank account. Why not have ALL stores that way. What's the difference?? They could just have a charge for ppl who don't wish to carry lots of change for rogue pots or kits, etc.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:53 pm

Just to speak in favor of slot machines:

Even if it's anachronistic, they're fun! It gives you something to do in Split Shield, with the massive quantities of copper and silver you get. Talk to Branthur, he won a ton of silver while he was plevelling one of my characters there. Not only that, but you gotta respect the Tinker Gnomes. It must be fun to have that sort of technological skill.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:42 pm

After reconsidering, I would be for direct withdrawal from the account IF it took platinum first and gave you change back in gold, silver, and copper. I know someone who collected copper for RP purposes, they made a bid on the auction and all their hard earned copper went buh-bye.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:35 pm

When is the Smurf zone and Lego-Land coming in?
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:55 pm

Smurf-zone is in, you just have to find it. The Gargamel fight is a bitch since Azhriel is coded as a dragon.

Lego-Land is in the process of being built, but it takes a lot of time to build a zone block by block. .. be patient :p
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:57 pm

OOo! Okie! Thanks Vigis! Mwah!
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:48 pm

Don't forget...the "slot machines" are made by Tinker gnomes. It's a good explanation as to why they would be in existence in an FR setting...just like smokepowder was invented (again, by Gond gnomes).
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:10 pm

Actually, I like the slot machines, but I would have liked them better if they'd been made in the form of a sleazy backroom in the tavern with a snaggle-toothed dealer and a barfly skag to blow your "dice" for you.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”